Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Twilight Town's Story "Dawn Till Dusk" and Traverse Town's Story "A Night of Fate": Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files translations

The Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files translations for the world stories of Twilight Town and Traverse Town are now available!

The Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files features over 200 characters from the entirety of the series thus far, with several short stories from Tomoco Kanemaki (the writer of the Kingdom Hearts light novels). You can purchase the book for ¥3,080 (approx. $28.03) from the Square Enix e-Store directly or from AitaiKuji, who deliver official and exclusive Japanese pop culture items!

You can check out more exclusive character and worlds stories from Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files below:

The translations for Twilight Town's Story "Dawn Till Dusk" and Traverse Town's Story "A Night of Fate" can be viewed below! Translations are courtesy of LilyGinnyBlack, who translated the story for Twilight Town, and Cherrim, who translated the story for Traverse Town.

Twilight Town Story
Dawn Till Dusk
<3<3<3

At the Usual Spot, Pence asked, “Hey, do ya know the rumor about the ghost that appears?”

"A haunted train, a haunted mansion! This whole town’s haunted!” Hayner said to me, fed up.

"Yeah, I’ve heard about it too - the ghost that appears.” Said Olette in a quiet and worried sounding voice.

"No, not that! That ghost in the black coat ended up being a friend of Sora’s! We ate ice cream together!”

"This time they’re saying it’s a legit ghost! That there is a girl in a white one-piece dress walking around town, and if you try to follow her, she just disappears into thin air.”

"Hmm???” I tilt my head. Something about that stuck out to me, a girl in a white one-piece dress…

"Did that girl have blonde hair by any chance?”

"Yeah, that’s right. Maybe you’ve seen her before?”

"I don’t think that girl’s a ghost though, probably.”

Pence and Olette look at me, with my arms folded - thinking. For some reason, I get the feeling that I know this girl. It’s just a feeling. But it would be nice to sit up on the clock tower and eat some seasalt ice cream together with her someday.

Yeah, someday, definitely

Traverse Town Story
A Night of Fate
<3<3<3

The town for people who have no home to return to——

It was always night time in Traverse Town. It had sparkling neon lights, so it was still pretty bright in town. You could still see stars in the night sky and they were still pretty. But everyone who lived in this town, they all seemed so sad. I guess it makes sense, though, since everyone who arrived in Traverse Town had lost their home worlds to disasters. That just means this town exists in the Realm Between. When we defeated Ansem, this town disappeared and all the people who lived here were returned to their original worlds. But where did Traverse Town end up after it disappeared? Sometimes I would dream about visiting, but it would feel so nostalgic. I wonder if that’s because the town was filled with the thoughts and feelings of so many people.

It's where I met Donald and Goofy. It’s where I met Leon and the others. But now I can never go back to visit. That makes it feel so lonely. I mean, it was the first world I ever visited outside of Destiny Islands, you know?

I visited it again as a Dream World. Joshua said it was a world he’d built from his dreams. In that case, then I guess it was a different town than the one I first visited. But even so, in some ways, it still felt so familiar.

I really wish I could go back there with everyone.

View full article

"For some reason, I get the feeling that I know this girl. It’s just a feeling."

wait, why would Roxas have already forgotten knowing Namine? Not only did they know each other from KH2, they were both at the beach party that Sora disappeared at.

Also I figured Namine would be part of the Twilight Town crew since

Spoiler

Riku mentions in Limit Cut that the Twilight Town gang are "sifting through Roxas and Xion's memories" to try and find clues about Sora, and the only one with the power to do that that we know of is Namine. Also with no home world she'd be likely to go live in Twilight Town or Destiny Islands since there's people she knows in those places, and Twilight Town seems the likelier option IMO.

Maybe this is before she joined up with Roxas and friends?

It really saddens me a lot that we'll never go back to Traverse Town really. For me and for many fan who started right at the beginning, it's kinda the iconic KH world. And its soundtrack is always magical to listen to.

2 hours ago, PunLeCochon said:

It really saddens me a lot that we'll never go back to Traverse Town really. For me and for many fan who started right at the beginning, it's kinda the iconic KH world. And its soundtrack is always magical to listen to.

I wonder if they're hinting at it bearing some significance again in the future with this story 

Edited by JPansullo7

11 hours ago, Sanctferum said:

"For some reason, I get the feeling that I know this girl. It’s just a feeling."

wait, why would Roxas have already forgotten knowing Namine? Not only did they know each other from KH2, they were both at the beach party that Sora disappeared at.

Also I figured Namine would be part of the Twilight Town crew since

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Riku mentions in Limit Cut that the Twilight Town gang are "sifting through Roxas and Xion's memories" to try and find clues about Sora, and the only one with the power to do that that we know of is Namine. Also with no home world she'd be likely to go live in Twilight Town or Destiny Islands since there's people she knows in those places, and Twilight Town seems the likelier option IMO.

Maybe this is before she joined up with Roxas and friends?

This story belive it or not I think is actually referencing an older short story.

Allow me to spin you a tale....

Kingdom Hearts II Other Diamonds 

this was a book of short stories released ~2007 only in Japan with several short stories from different characters points of view. 

Some have been translated and one is actually a story about Namine while Sora was still sleeping where she went into Twilight Town to get ice cream. She wound up interacting with Hayner, Pence and Olette and she had a nice time but in the end wiped herself from their memories because they wanted to be friends with her and were asking too many questions. She still enjoyed the experience and it really was a wonderful story. 

But I dont think the line you quoted isnt coming from Roxas though. In fact the way I read it, i think it's just Hayner, Pence and Olette. They are talking about him like hes not there.

But when they reference the girl having blonde hair, and feeling like they knew her it's because THEY ACTUALLY DID ONCE!! This really blew my mind tbh that they would remember that from so long ago. 

Here is a link to the translation for that story if you wanna read it

https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/53783-english-translation-of-kingdom-hearts-ii-other-diamonds-episode-2-the-twilight-short-stories-volume-1/

Edited by Fates Chance XIII

On 3/11/2020 at 12:51 AM, Fates Chance XIII said:

This story belive it or not I think is actually referencing an older short story.

Allow me to spin you a tale....

Kingdom Hearts II Other Diamonds 

this was a book of short stories released ~2007 only in Japan with several short stories from different characters points of view. 

Some have been translated and one is actually a story about Namine while Sora was still sleeping where she went into Twilight Town to get ice cream. She wound up interacting with Hayner, Pence and Olette and she had a nice time but in the end wiped herself from their memories because they wanted to be friends with her and were asking too many questions. She still enjoyed the experience and it really was a wonderful story. 

But I dont think the line you quoted isnt coming from Roxas though. In fact the way I read it, i think it's just Hayner, Pence and Olette. They are talking about him like hes not there.

But when they reference the girl having blonde hair, and feeling like they knew her it's because THEY ACTUALLY DID ONCE!! This really blew my mind tbh that they would remember that from so long ago. 

Here is a link to the translation for that story if you wanna read it

https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/53783-english-translation-of-kingdom-hearts-ii-other-diamonds-episode-2-the-twilight-short-stories-volume-1/

Nah, it's clearly from Roxas' perspective, seeing as how the POV is clearly separate from Hayner, Pence, and Olette. "Hayner said to me..." "Pence and Olette looked at me..." It's not any of their perspectives', so it can only belong to a 4th person who would be hanging out with them and knows Namine. Roxas is the only viable culprit at that point because he's the only other one who's close enough to them to be hanging out with them like that post-KH3 (the context of their conversation makes it clear it's post-KH3 because they mentioned "a friend of Sora's", likely Riku, and this is the only space of time where they would once again be a minimum group of 4 people after KH2 while knowing about Sora). Unless you want to argue translation errors (which is certainly plausible, I'll give you that), it's clearly meant to be Roxas, as this matches his feelings towards Namine a little better, the only confusing thing being that he doesn't seem to remember her fully. But again, like someone else suggested, this could take place in the span of time between the Keyblade War and Sora disappearing from Destiny Islands, so there's still space for them to meet up again and reminisce together, getting reacquainted. That said, there's no reason why that KH2 era story you mentioned wouldn't be relevant at all, they probably did all meet her at least once and had their memories erased. It's just that as translated here, the only character the POV could logically belong to is Roxas.

Gotta say though, it's really refreshing to see that Roxas still cares deeply about Namine. They're still one of my more primary ships, but I will admit that Roxas/Xion is a strong contender since you actually get to see chemistry develop between them over an extended period of time. But even then, I could easily ship Xion with Riku too (there's that added benefit of Xion technically being both Sora AND Kairi, so if you ever believed in shipping Riku with either Sora or Kairi, you get the best of both worlds with a Riku/Xion ship, lol), leaving my Roxas/Namine ship intact. Honestly I'm just really excited to see how these characters all get to interact with each other and develop now that they all exist within the same space and time together.

Also, I guess this pretty much confirms that Traverse Town only exists when somebody absolutely needs it, so maybe the only versions of it that can currently exist (without worlds dying of course) are either in memory worlds, Datascapes, or in The Realm of Sleep. It would be nice to see what it looks like in the Kingdom Shader some day though.