Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Kingdom Hearts' 18th Anniversary!

Hey everyone, how's it going!?

Wow...18 years. To think that in two more, this franchise shall reach its 20th Anniversary! It truly has been a wild and memorable ride! I'm so happy and grateful that Kingdom Hearts continues to go on strong as the years go by, so here's to a Happy Anniversary!

So many good memories...this series has done so much for me, but you all know my age old story. Long story short, this is a series I will always hold close to my heart, as it's been a part of me since my childhood, and it's definitely a franchise I want to introduce to my children, to pass on the torch! The stories, characters, music, everything about this franchise is absolutely phenomenal, and I want to take a moment to thank Nomura, Yasue, Hashimoto, Shimomura and all the wonderful people at both Square Enix and Disney involved in bringing this phenomenal series to life! It's truly been a blast experiencing this story, like a long running anime series! (Still hoping we get a KH anime one day, just saying!)

All those years of theorizing with all of you and with one of my dearest best friends/soul brothers of what KHIII could be...ah, those were good times! Here's to many more good memories, friendships born and just the sheer awesomeness that is the Kingdom Hearts series and the joy it brings! To the next saga, and beyond!

Ooh, and it's Sora's birthday too! Happy Birthday, you lovable scoundrel! <3

This is honestly just my all time favourite video game series ever too. there really is no other series quite like this one and if it wasn't for the Disney factor there's no way this series could ever work I don't think. but I just wish final fantasy had played a most integral part of the series overall but I'm fine with it's main inclusion being in the earlier games. my expectations and hype for kh3 were definitely through the roof and really was a rollercoaster of ride before the game released. it really was all worth it in the end of and I can't wait to see where the series go next. especially with the release of KH3 remind which I thought was absolutely phenomenal!

Happy Birthday, Kingdom Hearts!

To think, while I first heard about it through DDD in a Nintendo Power issue when it was still new, I would become a fan in 2015 simply by remembering the series by hearing I’d be going to Disneyland for Memorial Day weekend.

There are few videogames that I would buy new game systems for just to play them, and even then, I wouldn't keep buying new systems just to play the next game in the series.  However, the Kingdom Hearts series is the only videogame series that I bought new game systems for, just so that I could play the next game in the series, even if I never bought another videogame for that game system.  That's how much I love the Kingdom Hearts series.

I got into Kingdom Hearts because of my love of Disney, and while the inclusion of Disney worlds and Disney characters is still one of the main things that I love about Kingdom Hearts, I now love it equally, if not more so, for the original characters and original story.  Is it perfect?  No.  But, in a weird way, its imperfections are part of what makes it Kingdom Hearts.  So, I love Kingdom Hearts, warts and all.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

On 3/28/2020 at 5:37 PM, SweetYetSalty said:

This is my favorite video game franchise so I'm very happy to celebrate it's anniversary. I can't wait to see what's next in this insane series.

Haha, right? Now that everyone got their happy ending, I'm sure they will do all in their power to ensure that Sora can come back! After all, he deserves a happy ending too!

On 3/28/2020 at 10:08 PM, Brendan Spain said:

This is honestly just my all time favourite video game series ever too. there really is no other series quite like this one and if it wasn't for the Disney factor there's no way this series could ever work I don't think. but I just wish final fantasy had played a most integral part of the series overall but I'm fine with it's main inclusion being in the earlier games. my expectations and hype for kh3 were definitely through the roof and really was a rollercoaster of ride before the game released. it really was all worth it in the end of and I can't wait to see where the series go next. especially with the release of KH3 remind which I thought was absolutely phenomenal!

Right? I see a lot of people complained or didn't like Re:Mind. And while I understand that, I find that the DLC only improved upon the game, especially when it comes to the final battle! It was just superb! And I agree with you, the melding of Disney elements and those of Final Fantasy have been extraordinary! But more than that, I'm so happy we've gotten to see a growing cast of original characters develop, and I'm very excited to see what the future holds!

On 3/28/2020 at 11:07 PM, Jingilator said:

Happy Birthday, Kingdom Hearts!

To think, while I first heard about it through DDD in a Nintendo Power issue when it was still new, I would become a fan in 2015 simply by remembering the series by hearing I’d be going to Disneyland for Memorial Day weekend.

Nice! Omg, I love DDD! It's one of my favorite entries in the series, despite its controversy among the fandom because of the introduction of time travel into the lore of the series! I thought it was an interesting twist to add, ya know?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:48 PM, Dagesh Lene said:

There are few videogames that I would buy new game systems for just to play them, and even then, I wouldn't keep buying new systems just to play the next game in the series.  However, the Kingdom Hearts series is the only videogame series that I bought new game systems for, just so that I could play the next game in the series, even if I never bought another videogame for that game system.  That's how much I love the Kingdom Hearts series.

I got into Kingdom Hearts because of my love of Disney, and while the inclusion of Disney worlds and Disney characters is still one of the main things that I love about Kingdom Hearts, I now love it equally, if not more so, for the original characters and original story.  Is it perfect?  No.  But, in a weird way, its imperfections are part of what makes it Kingdom Hearts.  So, I love Kingdom Hearts, warts and all.

Haha, same here! Whenever a new installment would come out on a system I didn't have, I'd ask my mom to get me said system! And all these years later, I was able to play all the installments on the systems they were on before the ReMixes came!

Oh yeah, the original story beneath the Disney and FF elements has really captivated us all! I'm very excited for the future, especially considering the Foretellers will be a big part moving forward!