Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

What Should Be The Focus Of The Next Saga?

Hey there everyone, how's it going!?

So then, onto another topic focusing on what the next saga of Kingdom Hearts will be and what it will concentrate on! Thinking about it just now, it occurs to me that much is still shrouded in mystery! We know that the Foretellers and the events of X and Dark Road will factor into what comes next, (I assume Dark Road will have some threads as well.) but what could it possibly be?

For what purpose could Luxu have brought back the other Foretellers into the present time? Are Luxu and the Master Of Masters aware of something beyond what we saw in the Xehanort Saga? We know that Kingdom Hearts is probably the endgame goal, but just what are they seeking exactly? Because for Xehanort, it was basically to reset existence and start anew, but what could MoM be after? Something greater than that, or simple amusement? It boggles my mind and leaves me legit curious! And not knowing what goes through MoM's head is a scary thing to think, because who knows what he's scheming!

Obviously, one of the key factors that'll be a driving force in KHIV or whatever game come next to set up the next saga is chronicling Sora's return. Yozora also seems like he'll be of great importance, with some in the fandom speculating he might have been from the Age Of Fairy Tales as well and might've ended up in the world of Verum Rex a long time ago. And if we're to believe that the man driving Yozora is Luxord, or rather, his human form, then that's another clue!

Gahhhh, so many mysteries! I just hope we get some more screentime with the other trios, because I want to see their stories continue, since they are already established characters!

What do you all believe the next saga will focus on?

Edited by The Transcendent Key

6 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Yozora also seems like he'll be of great importance, with some in the fandom speculating he might have been from the Age Of Fairy Tales as well and might've ended up in the world of Verum Rex a long time ago. And if we're to believe that the man driving Yozora is Luxord, or rather, his human form, then that's another clue!

I'm very interested in the Verum Rex aspect and can't wait for new content about it. If Yozora does turn out to be someone from the Age of Fairytales, that would be mindblowing! Would it be someone we've seen before, or someone completely new?

And going along with the possibility of Luxord being Yozora's driver (which I seriously think is true) than would you say to Demyx (who, if the Luxord/Yozora's driver turns out to be true, would be the only one of Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord and Demyx to not have their original self revealed yet) possibly being Verum's Rex's equivalent of Prompto from FFXV/FF Versus XIII? I think that would fit due to how goofy yet serious in certain situations Demyx acts, just like Prompto.

Edit: As for what the next saga could be about, I can't think of anything at the moment, but one thing I would like for them to explain is how the Master of Masters ended up in the far future. I thought that time travel in the KH series required a version of yourself to be at the destination, and unless there's a super plot twist hiding in plain sight, Xehanort and MoM seem to be as much of an opposite as possible for me to believe that Xehanort could somehow be a version of MoM.

Edit 2: After thinking about Xehanort and MoM, I realized that they may POSSIBLY talk about that in KH Dark Road, so I can't really think of anything of a concrete plot point for the next saga, unless they completely skip over that whole Xehanort and MoM thing I mentioned and save it for the next saga. And just as a personal desire for a Disney/Pixar world I want to see in the next saga, I want them to put Coco in KH4, PLEASE NOMURA!

Edited by Keyblade101

I think the MoM may have come from an alternate world-line, traveling through time from Yozora's world-line to before the first keyblade war. In his world, light really did expire, and keyblade wielders are a thing of the past. He wrote the book of prophecies to influence the events of the first keyblade war, instructing Ava to save the dandelions, who in turn helped Sora to turn the tide in the second keyblade war. In order to prevent a further catastrophe in Yozora's world-line, they need Sora's, or more accurately, a keyblade's help. Perhaps the only way to cross world-lines is to travel through the realm of death. If that's the case, he may have manipulated Xehanort into murking kairi to force Sora to trap himself in the realm of death after saving her, where he sent Yozura to retrieve him. It doesn't matter much if Sora survives their encounter though, since Yozura can steal his keyblade for himself as a last ditch attempt.

17 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i imagine therell be a lot more mystery set up before the reveal

Yes, for sure! This is KH we're talking about, and you know how much Nomura loves leaving breadcrumbs! :3

13 hours ago, Keyblade101 said:

I'm very interested in the Verum Rex aspect and can't wait for new content about it. If Yozora does turn out to be someone from the Age of Fairytales, that would be mindblowing! Would it be someone we've seen before, or someone completely new?

And going along with the possibility of Luxord being Yozora's driver (which I seriously think is true) than would you say to Demyx (who, if the Luxord/Yozora's driver turns out to be true, would be the only one of Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord and Demyx to not have their original self revealed yet) possibly being Verum's Rex's equivalent of Prompto from FFXV/FF Versus XIII? I think that would fit due to how goofy yet serious in certain situations Demyx acts, just like Prompto.

Edit: As for what the next saga could be about, I can't think of anything at the moment, but one thing I would like for them to explain is how the Master of Masters ended up in the far future. I thought that time travel in the KH series required a version of yourself to be at the destination, and unless there's a super plot twist hiding in plain sight, Xehanort and MoM seem to be as much of an opposite as possible for me to believe that Xehanort could somehow be a version of MoM.

Edit 2: After thinking about Xehanort and MoM, I realized that they may POSSIBLY talk about that in KH Dark Road, so I can't really think of anything of a concrete plot point for the next saga, unless they completely skip over that whole Xehanort and MoM thing I mentioned and save it for the next saga. And just as a personal desire for a Disney/Pixar world I want to see in the next saga, I want them to put Coco in KH4, PLEASE NOMURA!

That's the big thing! The mystery of who Yozora exactly is will be exciting to discover!

As for Demyx, I honestly think he's a plot twist waiting to happen! I'm just waiting for him to reveal himself as the MoM! XD But anyways, it would be cool if he was Yozora's world's version of Prompto! I could definitely see it!

Oh, I'm sure we'll get some sort of beefy explanation. I just hope they don't dumb down MoM's character, since he's just so amazing. I can't get enough of him! And I agree, I don't think Xehanort would be a version of him.

Yesss, Dark Road could indeed shed some light!

12 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

they are based on the same character trope. normua uses that one a fair amount

This is also true!

5 hours ago, Darkfire1408 said:

I think the MoM may have come from an alternate world-line, traveling through time from Yozora's world-line to before the first keyblade war. In his world, light really did expire, and keyblade wielders are a thing of the past. He wrote the book of prophecies to influence the events of the first keyblade war, instructing Ava to save the dandelions, who in turn helped Sora to turn the tide in the second keyblade war. In order to prevent a further catastrophe in Yozora's world-line, they need Sora's, or more accurately, a keyblade's help. Perhaps the only way to cross world-lines is to travel through the realm of death. If that's the case, he may have manipulated Xehanort into murking kairi to force Sora to trap himself in the realm of death after saving her, where he sent Yozura to retrieve him. It doesn't matter much if Sora survives their encounter though, since Yozura can steal his keyblade for himself as a last ditch attempt.

This is a very intriguing idea! Having Sora traverse the Realm Of Death in order to be able to enter Yozora's world-line sounds like a totally plausible possibility! The question is, would world-lines become a major element in KH from the next game onwards? Kind of like how the multiverse concept is a big deal in Dragon Ball Super?

And going back to what Keyblade101 said, wouldn't there have to be more versions of the MoM for him to be able to time travel, though? Unless he's an exception to the rule? :o

1 hour ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Yes, for sure! This is KH we're talking about, and you know how much Nomura loves leaving breadcrumbs! :3

That's the big thing! The mystery of who Yozora exactly is will be exciting to discover!

As for Demyx, I honestly think he's a plot twist waiting to happen! I'm just waiting for him to reveal himself as the MoM! XD But anyways, it would be cool if he was Yozora's world's version of Prompto! I could definitely see it!

Oh, I'm sure we'll get some sort of beefy explanation. I just hope they don't dumb down MoM's character, since he's just so amazing. I can't get enough of him! And I agree, I don't think Xehanort would be a version of him.

Yesss, Dark Road could indeed shed some light!

This is also true!

This is a very intriguing idea! Having Sora traverse the Realm Of Death in order to be able to enter Yozora's world-line sounds like a totally plausible possibility! The question is, would world-lines become a major element in KH from the next game onwards? Kind of like how the multiverse concept is a big deal in Dragon Ball Super?

And going back to what Keyblade101 said, wouldn't there have to be more versions of the MoM for him to be able to time travel, though? Unless he's an exception to the rule? :o

We already know of special cases for time travel, most notably timeless river summoned by Merlin. The method that Xehanort knows involves having a version of yourself there and leaving your body behind, but there are other methods out there. It's also incredibly likely that the MoM is the one who taught Xehanort that methodof time travel, restrictions and all. Think of it like a calculus professor teaching a child algebra. They know more about math than they're teaching, and are capable of solving equations the child can't understand. If the MoM taught Xehanort time travel, then his time travel is like calculus compared to algebra next to Xehanort's.

Edited by Darkfire1408

Well, I think the main focus should be "The Mysteries of the Past". I mean, there are a lot of weird stuff around characters we don't know much: The Master of Masters, Yozora, the Foretellers.... When Young Xehanort anf Young Eraques ended up their first game of chess, they started a new one indicating that the new enemies will likely be the Foretellers and the Master of Masters. Therefore, the next saga should be around them. 

On 4/12/2020 at 12:11 AM, Darkfire1408 said:

We already know of special cases for time travel, most notably timeless river summoned by Merlin. The method that Xehanort knows involves having a version of yourself there and leaving your body behind, but there are other methods out there. It's also incredibly likely that the MoM is the one who taught Xehanort that methodof time travel, restrictions and all. Think of it like a calculus professor teaching a child algebra. They know more about math than they're teaching, and are capable of solving equations the child can't understand. If the MoM taught Xehanort time travel, then his time travel is like calculus compared to algebra next to Xehanort's.

You know what? I never thought of it that way! With MoM teaching Xehanort how to time travel, it could stand to reason that MoM has many more methods that he keeps close to his chest, so as to not have multiple people gallavanting around through time! This opens up the door to intriguing possibilities!

On 4/12/2020 at 4:12 AM, ocean's rage said:

yeah he loves leaving them. it could make you think he put in a world based on that hansel and gretel short

You, my esteemed gentleman, (Or lady.) have given me a good chuckle with this! Well done!

On 4/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ursalink said:

Well, I think the main focus should be "The Mysteries of the Past". I mean, there are a lot of weird stuff around characters we don't know much: The Master of Masters, Yozora, the Foretellers.... When Young Xehanort anf Young Eraques ended up their first game of chess, they started a new one indicating that the new enemies will likely be the Foretellers and the Master of Masters. Therefore, the next saga should be around them. 

Mysteries Of The Past...I like it! It has a nice ring to it! And we do have lots of exposition and unanswered questions from the Foretellers side of things, so that could be something major to draw upon!

On 4/16/2020 at 4:03 AM, ocean's rage said:

i think we can all agree its gonna be huge

That indeed it will be! I can't wait!

On 4/19/2020 at 12:30 PM, SweetYetSalty said:

What should be the focus? Don't know. So many things have been laid out for us anything could happen until we get new news. I think the Foretellers might try and start new unions in the modern day possibly as a early goal.

That could be a good start! And maybe we could get more clues as to the Master Of Master's true ambitions!

On 9/18/2020 at 7:24 AM, MaddisonGordon said:

Yes, now everyone is madly waiting for the saga to continue. Many interesting points. It's interesting how the scenario will unfold and what will be the continuation. Now I am studying to be a film director and it is very interesting to study many storylines of films. Often I am distracted from the basic study of tasks that are not related to my profile education. To perform these tasks, I use the site eduzaurus , where I find free samples of an essay on the subject of the big short film. The film industry is very interesting. Since childhood I wanted to become a film director and now I am going to my goal.

Yeah, I'm excited to see what the future holds for the series! Also, I hope you're able to achieve your goal!