Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hard-Boiled

Which hero do you think could become a good villain in a future Kingdom Hearts title?

Which hero do you think could become a good villain in a future Kingdom Hearts title?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which hero do you think could become a good villain in a future Kingdom Hearts title?

• Sora
    • Kairi
    • Mickey
    • Namine

As much as I disagree with most eventually becoming villains (especially Mickey due to daddy company Disney), I felt Sora could be a potentially perfect villain. Mainly the “would you die a hero or live long enough to become a villain” concept to work perfectly for Sora’s character and a perfect way to keep the audience in an emotional state.

Sora is probably the one that makes the most sense, but I feel like we already get a glimpse of what that could be like with Vanitas. I know they're completely different characters, but whenever the idea of evil/villain Sora gets brought up that's where my mind goes to. xD

That being said I think I'd probably go with Kairi, just to switch things up. 

I honestly think Sora would be a great villain. As we've seen, light and darkness exist within everyone, which means that Sora being overcome by the darkness isn't totally out of the question. Riku is a great example of what can happen when someone puts their faith in the dark rather than the light.

In ReMind, he had to experience all of the pain that the other characters went through. That doesn’t include what he dealt with when he lost himself, or his friends or his strength. I see it as very probable that we will see some sort of dark Sora or Anti-Sora, more than his Anti- form or Rage form. That’s only proof of the darkness that he has.

Sora! This is one of my favorite topics, as I feel that Sora has had him falling to darkness set up in the series already. Yes we know that Sora says he can deal with all the hurt he sees and feels, but what happens when he hits his breaking point? Sora has seen a lot happen and has had a lot happen to him in the series. Sora watched Rinzler reach for him but still fall, Sora has seen all of his friends pretty much die, and watching Xehanort one-shot Kairi probably was just the icing on the cake. I think for character development, Sora would so benefit from having a dark chapter. Obviously he would come around at the end.

It's so strange thinking of any of the other heroes potentially turning heel as a villain!

So for the sake of argument, let's say that Sora ends up having such an arc. It would be interesting to see just what happens. He's seen what lies beyond the veil, and he's seen what limbo looks like, and he's literally spliced himself through time to save the ones he loves. All of that takes a toll, and considering the struggle that he had to endure with Xehanort all these years, it's impressive how he hasn't broken.

But for Sora to become a villain, there'd have to be a really good reason. It would have to be something that totally surprises us but still makes sense, and it makes him look like a sort of Thanos to whoever is facing him down. Motivations that require drastic actions but are understandable. With a character as vitally important to the series as Sora, treading this ground should be done with utmost care!

I'd be totally down for it, though!