Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
varxtis

Teleportation in Kingdom Hearts

This is just one of those random, pointless, thoughts that came up and I became real curious.

Are there rules to teleportation in Kingdom Hearts? Limitations and such. Supposedly, the Cloaks, mainly worn by Organization XIII members, are used to protect the wearer from darkness, allowing them to use the "corridors of darkness" to travel. Im under the impression that this is the way characters can teleport. But there's got to be more to it. Also, characters can teleport distances as short as feet away, sometimes to avoid an attack, or maybe to move from one level to another. But If you took a 1mi by 1mi space, have a network of roads, and can only use those roads, then it'd mean you could not appear in the spaces between those roads. Maybe park near the closest spot and then walk the rest of the way?

Maybe it's closer to Jumper, where its based on thought and not a "literal" space like coridors of darkness, so long as it's somewhere you can see, or have seen? Or is there a different plain, one where occupants can see the normal plain, but the normal plain cant see one in the other plain?

What are your thoughts? Are there rules and restrictions to teleportation in Kingdom Hearts?

Edited by varxtis

Time travel... I've never really given much thought about it. The rules of time travel in KH had confused me just as much as the whole datascape situation with KHUX to the point I wish they didn't introduce either. 

I would like to think teleportation (just mainly talking about the dark corridors and the portals Sora, Terra, Aqua, and Ven use when getting to Olympus and the ROD respectively.) deals with the person actually having a visual inside their mind of where they want to go (so basically they do know the place they are going to. Like how Sora was told to use his heart to guide him to Olympus in KH3.) Teleportation has, a lot of the time, been related with being able to bend or manipulate space which explains how Keyblade wielders are able to open corridors to space itself. It's of course like a door/gateway to space and other worlds, so why wouldn't a Keyblade be able to unlock it?  Of course, I'm just spit-balling and talking out of my butt because things like this have always been kind of hard to rap your head around.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

On 5/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Time travel... I've never really given much thought about it. The rules of time travel in KH had confused me just as much as the whole datascape situation with KHUX to the point I wish they didn't introduce either. 

I would like to think teleportation (just mainly talking about the dark corridors and the portals Sora, Terra, Aqua, and Ven use when getting to Olympus and the ROD respectively.) deals with the person actually having a visual inside their mind of where they want to go (so basically they do know the place they are going to. Like how Sora was told to use his heart to guide him to Olympus in KH3.) Teleportation has, a lot of the time, been related with being able to bend or manipulate space which explains how Keyblade wielders are able to open corridors to space itself. It's of course like a door/gateway to space and other worlds, so why wouldn't a Keyblade be able to unlock it?  Of course, I'm just spit-balling and talking out of my butt because things like this have always been kind of hard to rap your head around.

I know exactly what you mean about the Time Travel subject. Honestly, I'm under the Impression that neither Square nor Disney thought that Kingdom Hearts would do remotely as well as it did. So I don't think the though far beyond the first game. The games after had such an amazing story that they realized it was somewhat different from the first game and needed a bridge to smooth out heavy inconsistencies in continuity. So then they ended up using Time Travel. The idea of Time Travel it's self can be a paradox in that you can either have a story that explains the element of Trime Travel within itself , or can try to use Time Travel to explain the story. The later rarely works out well. Another thing that frustrates me, which I think they try to explain using Time Travel, is what a NoBody really is and how it's affected by the Keyblade.

KHII: Nobodies created when a heart is turned to darkness and a Heartless is born simultaneously. The idea of Nobodies was definitive. The NoBodies didn't have Hearts, just Memories. Made their existance and search *** It also made the relationship between Axel, Roxas, Xion, and Namine FAR more important and special. It was unique that they were able to shed tears fro one another even they weren't supposed to have hearts. Implied that their bond is so strong, they were forming hearts.

KH DDD and III: Haha, just kidding, Nobodies had hearts all along. All those times they were pretending to have emotions... ya they weren't pretend. They were complete all along. Okay, so then. . . the NoBodies of OrgXIII. . . what? what are they? What happens when they're eliminated? Eh, nothing. They become human and then can choose to become Nobodies again. Really too dang convenient. I mean, if a heartless is formed when you become a nobody, then sora comes along and happens to defeat the heartless, then the nobody is "eliminated", how are they able to become "whole" again? Their "heart" is dead and destroyed. And how do they choose to become Nobodies? In one of the secret ending (I think), it shows the students being turned by Xehanort, almost like they were betrayed. Braig (Luxu) also seemingly surprised by Xehanorts actions.

My point to all this, is that Disney and Square Enix seem to use subjects and ideas that are usually very deep and profound as a means of convenient plot whole fillers that are just glossed over and never really explained.

@ITzDarthLordRevan

I can appreciate the Keyblade aspect of it. That's how they explain Sora's transportation in KHI, with the help of a gummy ship. But referring more towards the teleportation used by the members of Organization XIII, a great example is when the members first reveal themselves to Sora in the Boroughs at Hallow Bastion. Before they even visually appear, they are able to see and hear Sora, and Sora can hear them. Also, even though Sora and others can travel/teleport using the keyblade, they seem to be restricted to certain parts of that world (usually save points), where the Org XIII can appear anywhere. It just got me wondering why, or if there even is any logic to it. Probably just along the line of what you were saying... thought related and if you're a NoBody or Heartless.

Edited by varxtis

Something just dawned on me. There have to be rules and limitations within the KH universe. Bringing up the instance that the remaining Organization members appear here and there through KH II and on, I was just watching the cutscene "The Hidden Room" (Thank you @WakelessDream) It didn't occurred to me, that Xemnas had to put in the disc, enter the password, open then floor doors/panels, and walk a heck of a long was to get to the Chamber of Repose. He couldn't Teleport their. Just thought Id throw that out there.

Edited by varxtis

1 hour ago, varxtis said:

Something just dawned on me. There have to be rules and limitations within the KH universe. Bringing up the instance that the remaining Organization members appear here and there through KH II and on, I was just watching the cutscene "The Hidden Room" (Thank you @WakelessDream) It didn't occurred to me, that Xemnas had to put in the disc, enter the password, open then floor doors/panels, and walk a heck of a long was to get to the Chamber of Repose. He couldn't Teleport their. Just thought Id throw that out there.

Hmmm well I kind of always chalked the putting in the disc and entering a password to get to the chamber up to being an extra security measure. The original organization were pawns and manipulated by Xemnas, I can't imagine he wanted them to be on a need to know basis about the Chamber and what was in there.

Not sure if it's ever touched upon as to why he doesn't just teleport there. But I figure, if he could teleport there, wouldn't anyone else in the organization be able to as well? I'm sure he wouldn't want that either.