Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Which '90's Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?

Which '90's Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which '90's Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?

• Pocahontas
    • The Rescuers Down Under
    • James and the Giant Peach
    • A Goofy Movie

Honestly, I've always really wanted to see what a Pocahontas world would be like. I wonder though if we haven't seen it thus far due to the movie's inaccuracy to the real events, and possibly maybe not resonating as well with a global audience. 

10 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

pocahontas, fantasia 2000, james and the giant peach and rescuers down under, in that order

Tai Yasue had said in an interview for KH3D once that they originally had Sora going to the world of Fantasia, and Riku going to the world of Fantasia 2000. Ultimately they both ended up going to the world of Fantasia, but at least they had considered it. Maybe there's hope yet for it in a future game. :D 

53 minutes ago, WakelessDream said:

Honestly, I've always really wanted to see what a Pocahontas world would be like. I wonder though if we haven't seen it thus far due to the movie's inaccuracy to the real events, and possibly maybe not resonating as well with a global audience. 

Tai Yasue had said in an interview for KH3D once that they originally had Sora going to the world of Fantasia, and Riku going to the world of Fantasia 2000. Ultimately they both ended up going to the world of Fantasia, but at least they had considered it. Maybe there's hope yet for it in a future game. :D 

It's funny because I recently just watched Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 back to back for the first time in my adult life and I did keep thinking throughout the former "Oh yeah, that was an area in DDD" while throughout the latter I thought "Ooh, I'd love to see that in KH". (Disclaimer: I did also have opinions on the films in general, I'm not a KH robot) I do think it would make sense to have a Fantasia 2000 world in the same KH game as one that has a Moana world as it would be a good opportunity for Square Enix to flex the lava effects they used on the Lava Titan from KH3's Olympus and go all out with lava monster boss fights. You can never have too much of that!

Anyway, yeah, I think Fantasia 2000 would be my first choice and Goofy Movie would be my second because I'd love for Sora to meet Max and Roxanne. Be interesting to know how Pete would fit into that though.

Only reason I wouldn't say Pocahontas is the aformentioned historical inaccuracy stuff. I genuinely think someone, not necessarily even Disney but anyone, ought to try their hand at a more historically accurate Pocahontas film. She's an interesting person and deserves to be seen by audiences as more than a typical Disney heroine.

Probably Pocahontas, although I would also like to see Max Goof make an appearance in the series so that Goofy can have a genuine family member for a change.

6 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

Pocahontas could definitely be seen as, for lack of a better word, problematic in terms of cultural depiction and how that depiction has aged.

Dream Drop Distance was also going to have Sora revisit Space Paranoids while Riku visited the Grid. You can see this in how little Sora's story ties into the Tron Legacy storyline until the Rinzler boss fight.

11 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

yeah i heard, its a shame cause that would have been amazing

Are these the only 90's Disney movies KH hasn't touched yet? Hmm. None of these compare to options like 'The Great Mouse Detective' I even would have enjoyed the first Rescuers due to the swamp setting being a fun world to play in. But of the options I select Pocahontas...even if I'm not crazy about it.

45 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Are these the only 90's Disney movies KH hasn't touched yet? Hmm. None of these compare to options like 'The Great Mouse Detective' I even would have enjoyed the first Rescuers due to the swamp setting being a fun world to play in. But of the options I select Pocahontas...even if I'm not crazy about it.

mo they can only set these to 4 options now

On 6/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, Roxasrox said:

It's funny because I recently just watched Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 back to back for the first time in my adult life and I did keep thinking throughout the former "Oh yeah, that was an area in DDD" while throughout the latter I thought "Ooh, I'd love to see that in KH". (Disclaimer: I did also have opinions on the films in general, I'm not a KH robot) I do think it would make sense to have a Fantasia 2000 world in the same KH game as one that has a Moana world as it would be a good opportunity for Square Enix to flex the lava effects they used on the Lava Titan from KH3's Olympus and go all out with lava monster boss fights. You can never have too much of that!

Anyway, yeah, I think Fantasia 2000 would be my first choice and Goofy Movie would be my second because I'd love for Sora to meet Max and Roxanne. Be interesting to know how Pete would fit into that though.

Only reason I wouldn't say Pocahontas is the aformentioned historical inaccuracy stuff. I genuinely think someone, not necessarily even Disney but anyone, ought to try their hand at a more historically accurate Pocahontas film. She's an interesting person and deserves to be seen by audiences as more than a typical Disney heroine.

I've actually never seen either of the Fantasia movies, but Symphony of Sorcery was such a fun world for me in Dream Drop Distance if they were ever to do something similar again I'd be totally down for it! Goofy Movie would be interesting too, if only because Goofy would have a lot of explaining to do to Sora, of course they could just totally gloss over that fact. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, jbmasta said:

Pocahontas could definitely be seen as, for lack of a better word, problematic in terms of cultural depiction and how that depiction has aged.

Dream Drop Distance was also going to have Sora revisit Space Paranoids while Riku visited the Grid. You can see this in how little Sora's story ties into the Tron Legacy storyline until the Rinzler boss fight.

Mmm yeah....I feel like they could have probably gotten away with it 10-15 years ago but nowadays I think it would just be seen as distasteful. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie else I wouldn't have chosen it on this poll, but I also completely understand if this is the reason it's not high on their priority list in terms of worlds. xD

8 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

Mmm yeah....I feel like they could have probably gotten away with it 10-15 years ago but nowadays I think it would just be seen as distasteful. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie else I wouldn't have chosen it on this poll, but I also completely understand if this is the reason it's not high on their priority list in terms of worlds. xD

Disney have been sensitive to how their product impacts their image, most notably with the really race sensitive (or insenstive depending on how you see it) stuff. Fantasia's Pastoral Symphony segment had a character removed iirc in later printings, Song of the South is pretty much persona non grata and the American Indians are entirely absent outside of the original animated movie (Return to Neverland and the Neverland in Birth by Sleep feature their camp, but the chief, Tiger Lily and others are entirely absent). On its own merits Pocahontas is a good movie, just ignore the sequel, but the current political climate isn't going to be receptive.

I voted Goofy Movie purely because I NEED to get Max into this series somehow and I really want to see the obvious reaction from Sora over Goofy having a son this whole time.

Also, headcanon time, either Goofy picked up some of his shield-sliding techniques from watching Max skateboard or Max picked up skateboarding after seeing his dad klutz around on his shield so many times. Either way, Max needs to be a slightly more competent shield-shredder than Goofy, lol.