Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Four new characters revealed for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road; more information coming June 10th

In a series of tweets on the Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Japanese and English Twitter accounts, 4 new characters have been revealed. These new characters are Bragi, Hermod, Urd, and Vor. They were teased in earlier artwork by Tetsuya Nomura. 

Each of the new characters have a reference to Nordic mythology. Continue reading below for a list of each of the connections we have.

First, we have Urd. Urd comes from one of the Norns in Norse Mythology.

The Norns in Norse mythology are female beings who rule the destiny of gods and men.

Urðr (Wyrd), Verðandi and Skuld are the three most important of the Norns. Located at the well Urðarbrunnr beneath the Yggdrasil of Asgard, they spin threads of life, cut marks in the pole figures and measure people's destinies, which shows the fate of all human beings and gods. Norns are always present when a child is born and decide its fate.

Hermod's name comes from Hermóðr.

Hermóðr is the son of the all-father Odin and the Goddess Frigg. 
When Baldr was killed he was the only one brave enough to ride to Hel and try and bring Baldr back from the dead.

Bragi's name comes from a God with the same name.

Bragi is the God of both poetry and music in Norse mythology, he is the son of the God Odin and the giantess Gunnlod. He is known for his wisdom he is very creative with words 
and he also has the most knowledge of poems and songs. His name Bragi means “Poet”. Bragi has runes carved on his tongue. He is married to the beautiful Goddess of youth Iðunn, 
and they live together in Asgard.

And finally, we have Vor, who is based on Vör.

In Norse mythology, Vör is a goddess associated with wisdom.
The name means “aware” or more specifically, "Knowledge out of Darkness".
Vör was said to be very wise as she searched out all things so nothing was hidden from her. Vör also had the gift of Providence, and of preparing well for the future.

You can view a complete set of the character image teasers in our gallery below:

More information will be announce on June 10th!

View full article

This has greatly increased my interest for this game.  Not that I wasn't already interested, I was just originally in no rush for it to come out, especially since I thought it was going to be really short and only feature characters we already knew.  Now I'm thinking there's more to this game than I originally thought, and I want to find out everything about it.  I especially want to learn all about these new characters.

17 minutes ago, Dagesh Lene said:

This has greatly increased my interest for this game.  Not that I wasn't already interested, I was just originally in no rush for it to come out, especially since I thought it was going to be really short and only feature characters we already knew.  Now I'm thinking there's more to this game than I originally thought, and I want to find out everything about it.  I especially want to learn all about these new characters.

It's not my preferred format for presenting new lore, since even though people upload the new content it's still frustrating when it's locked behind what can be tricky mobile game levels.

Makes me wonder if Eraqus and Xehanort's master will be named Odin.   

+ Urd is the Norn of the Past, just like Skuld is the Norn of the Future. This just left Verdandi, the Norn of the Present. I wonder if Sora and co will meet her.   
+ Hermond is basically the Messenger of the Asgardian Gods, just like Hermes in Olympus.   
+ Bragi's name might be a God, but it calls my attention how close is his name of "Braig" (Xigbar).   
+ I don't know who Vor is, but sounds like an Asgardian version of Athenna. 

Edited by Ursalink

While it would have been nice if at least one of these was a character we've seen already ( like a younger Yensid, or something), I am way more intrigued by this game now. I figured they would be all new characters, and I'm excited to learn more about them!

Remember when Xehanort's backstory was being a corrupt/curious scientist who stole his masters name?

Anyway these characters have me hyped for the game. I was semi interested before but now this game has my full attention. Even if I can't play it because Mobile stuff. It'll be quite the story to learn what happened to them and what role they play.

I'm both intrigued and worried by this haha. 

It's too early to judge, but worried that these new characters will be introduced only to not be fully fleshed out. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

That being said though, the character designs look awesome, and it's cool that their names are inspired by Norse mythology. I'm also curious to see how they'll contribute to the story, and how they may have influenced Xehanort. Also for some reason Hermod reminds me of Ephemer, might just be the hairstyle that's got me though. xD Looking forward to more info on all of them in the future! 

Even though Dark Road would've been better as a console game instead of a mobile game, but I'm very curious and excited to see the new characters. Plus, I always love Tetsuya Nomura's art/character work and design. Anyway, I'm still willing to play Dark Road just to learn more about Xehanort and past. But now I'm even more curious to see the new characters and what's their relationship with Xehanort and Eraqus.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ursalink said:

Makes me wonder if Eraqus and Xehanort's master will be named Odin.   

+ Urd is the Norn of the Past, just like Skuld is the Norn of the Future. This just left Verdandi, the Norn of the Present. I wonder if Sora and co will meet her.   
+ Hermond is basically the Messenger of the Asgardian Gods, just like Hermes in Olympus.   
+ Bragi's name might be a God, but it calls my attention how close is his name of "Braig" (Xigbar).   
+ I don't know who Vor is, but sounds like an Asgardian version of Athenna. 

I... I just can't believe it. I was actually right! Their Master's name is ODIN!!!