Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

Eight new Kingdom Hearts Dark Road screenshots released; new gameplay and story information revealed

As promised during the last Kingdom Hearts Dark Road update, more information was unveiled today.

Eight brand new screenshots have been released by the official Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Twitter account. These screenshots contain new gameplay and story information. You can view all eight of these screenshots below. 

large.EaEJVvsXsAAyiDv.png.4da4a3ea60475d

Why did he become the seeker of darkness? 

large.EaEJXOqXsAIcW0g.png.4fbe01b02bd66f

This time Xehanort's partner-in-crime is none other than Eraqus! 

large.EaEJackX0AMVeco.png.c64a4ad6d0aa14

Fellow companions working hard to become the best Keyblade wielders! 

large.35363672_LevelingSystem.png.858ebb

A refined and streamlined leveling system lets you grow stronger even in auto mode! 

large.EaEJUR7WAAAwlnN.png.2c90886e55cbeb

Complete your enemy collection! 

large.EaEJY1SWkAA44MA.png.b3571143344bef

Enjoy intuitive and strategic combat as you tap and flick to victory! 

large.EaEJcAnXkAAI9WI.png.02e714e4490c79

Choose your cards wisely to win battles! 

large.EaEJRI_X0AI_8kk.png.dd4a9256fed71e

Play cards of the same color for a power boost! 

You can take a closer look at the full collection of images in the gallery album below.

Is your excitement for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road ramping up? Let us know how you feel in the comments below!

View full article

The fact that it's KHuX's design is absolutely terrible for me and i cannot be hyped by it. How are you supposed to tell a compelling story when the characters looks like a kid's drawing and every text bubble are merely ten words long ?

17 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

hmm still got skip tickets and jewels, not a good sign

It's a mobile game, pay to win conditions are part of it. Hopefully it won't have the mystery grab bag that Union X has, which is technically gambling.

21 hours ago, PunLeCochon said:

The fact that it's KHuX's design is absolutely terrible for me and i cannot be hyped by it. How are you supposed to tell a compelling story when the characters looks like a kid's drawing and every text bubble are merely ten words long ?

I strongly agree with you on this. I HIGHLY dislike Union Cross because of these reasons among other reasons. Call it cynical or not, this form of telling a story and these type of games are not my cup of tea. 

4 hours ago, jbmasta said:

It's a mobile game, pay to win conditions are part of it. Hopefully it won't have the mystery grab bag that Union X has, which is technically gambling.

Well, if we're going into semantics here, it's technically not gambling unless there's a monetary payoff. Since the medals have no monetary value, it's not considered gambling. At least not in US law.

4 hours ago, TheFruityKing said:

There's ALOT of mental gymnastics going on here in an attempt to defend trash. "Well it's a mobile game it's normal to have pay to win" really dude lmfao

I mean...he's not wrong. Most mobile games do have a model that tries to get folks to spend money for in game advantages. I don't see it so much as a defense as I do just a statement about the nature of these types of games. I think a lot of us here can agree that if it's anything like KHUX it's completely understandable to have doubts about it and not defend it too much. 

Well, I mean, it's a different monetization model. Rather than making 50-60 on a single sale of the game, they make money through in app transactions. Some people find the second model superior because it allows free to play in the first place.

I personally don't mind this kind of game, and I am actually really looking forward to Dark Road.

As far as Union χ[cross] goes, I think that the art style is fine and that the game gives you more than enough jewels for free to get good medals that will at least get you through the main story, which is really all I'm playing the game for in the first place.  I also think that the gameplay for Union χ[cross] is fun, and I actually prefer its gameplay to the gameplay of 358/2 Days, Chain of Memories, and Re:coded.  The only problems I have with Union χ[cross] are story related.

The main issues I have with it are that it takes forever for the next chapter of the main story to be released and that there is a bit too much filler.  I hope that these same issues do not appear in Dark Road.

Then, to a lesser extent, I think that this game's story is a little too complicated.  I know that many people think that this is true of every Kingdom Hearts game, but I actually think that the stories of each game are pretty easy to follow, except for Dream Drop Distance and Union χ[cross].  However, the reason why the story of Union χ[cross] seems so complicated may just be due to the fact that the full story hasn't been released yet.  Because there is still more story that has yet to be released, it is possible that things will be explained by the end of it, but I think that many of the questions I have will go unanswered.

The last issue I have, which is more of a minor issue, is that there was no focus on the Keyblade War, which is something that I wanted to see, and that when once the Keyblade War chapter was released it was released as very difficult bonus missions.  But again, that is more of a minor issue that doesn't really affect my view on the game as a whole.

Does anyone else wonder if we'll get to see a young Yen Sid in this game? He was an old friend of Eraqus and Xehanort and a former keyblade master after all so it would be great if he made an appearance as a keyblade wielder here. I even wonder if he could actually be Hermod with an alias name (probably not). Disney might not allow that though. 

1 hour ago, Hoshiko Hikari said:

Does anyone else wonder if we'll get to see a young Yen Sid in this game? He was an old friend of Eraqus and Xehanort and a former keyblade master after all so it would be great if he made an appearance as a keyblade wielder here. I even wonder if he could actually be Hermod with an alias name (probably not). Disney might not allow that though. 

I hope we do, but yeah I feel like it would depend on if Disney would allow that. :/  I could also see them totally glossing over Yensid but hopefully that's not the case. Maybe he'll be around during this time but kind of off doing his own thing kind of like Mickey in BBS. I'm not holding out too much hope for that, but it would be nice if they could stay true to that bit about him being an old friend. 

8 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

I hope we do, but yeah I feel like it would depend on if Disney would allow that. :/  I could also see them totally glossing over Yensid but hopefully that's not the case. Maybe he'll be around during this time but kind of off doing his own thing kind of like Mickey in BBS. I'm not holding out too much hope for that, but it would be nice if they could stay true to that bit about him being an old friend. 

well they may yet go to the mysterious tower, i dont think disney has any set rules about how old yen sid is or how he ages so who says it has to be a younger yen sid they knew

11 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

well they may yet go to the mysterious tower, i dont think disney has any set rules about how old yen sid is or how he ages so who says it has to be a younger yen sid they knew

That's a good point, and it's not like we see much of a sign of aging between recurring Disney characters that appeared in BBS and then 10 years later in KH.

I guess though that when that line from BBS was initially introduced it gave a lot of people the idea that Yen Sid, Xehanort, and Eraqus were a trio much in the same way that SRK or TVA are. It would be cool to explore a story from that perspective rather than him being the retired keyblade master we see him to be in other games.