Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

KHMoM Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory to release on PS4/Xbox One/Switch in 2020, website released, over 140 songs, 2 player + online included

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory has been officially announced for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch for 2020, and its official website has been released! This a rhythm game with over 140 tracks available. Play with 1-2 players will be possible, there will be an online mode, and there will be four different play styles.

image.thumb.png.73282388cd750149679e670f0635eb01.png

Thanks go out to @aitaikimochi, who has translated these details from the official website:

image.png

They have also added English subtitles to the "secret" part of the Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory trailer, featuring Kairi.

Are you excited for this unexpected rhythm title making its way to all consoles?

View full article

Its honestly kinda shocking that Kingdom Hearts hasn't had a rhythm game before now. Im excited but regardless of how you feel, I think we can all agree it was long over due at this point

I finally got a Kingdom Hearts game that tells more about Kairi's origins, but it turns out to be a freaking rhythm game? So disappointed. But since the game's story is after Kingdom Hearts 3 I'm going to play it and see where it goes, and where they taking Kairi's character.

5 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

I finally got a Kingdom Hearts game that tells more about Kairi's origins, but it turns out to be a freaking rhythm game? So disappointed. But since the game's story is after Kingdom Hearts 3 I'm going to play it and see where it goes, and where they taking Kairi's character.

I think Melody of Memory is the game in-between both the Xehanort Saga and the next Saga. I think it will set up Kairi's story for the next mainline entry that will start off the next Saga, hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

I think Melody of Memory is the game in-between both the Xehanort Saga and the next Saga. I think it will set up Kairi's story for the next mainline entry that will start off the next Saga, hopefully. 

Yeah I know I pretty much said the same thing.

A rhythm game? Awwwww! Oh, well. I guess it was only a matter of time before I skipped an entry. Hope everyone else enjoys it, though.

I will say though that the Kairi section of the trailer looks super intriguing! I'll be keeping an eye on that for sure.

4 hours ago, Awesome Sauce said:

The first KH game on the Switch and it's not a port. 

im oddly slightly disappointed that it isnt a port, despite that ports are all we've been getting interspersed around and in between the releases of KH2.8 and KH3 lol. Still holding on to the hope that we'll get a playable HD port of 358/2 Days and Re:coded one day in a Switch port of the Xehanort Saga.

i am also kinda excited for this rhythm game though, but the music concept makes it way more of a filler game than any of the other in-between games lol. the story element seems like a desperate attempt to make this game core in the series ? 

Edited by blue490246

I can understand this being a little different and disappointing to some, but personally I am very excited for this. I loved the Final Fantasy Theatrhythm games, and this being a Kingdom Hearts version of that with a bit more to it is great to me! 

Even without the story bit at the end of it I'm pretty excited for this! Always wanted a Theatrhythm-esque game and I know there have been discussions here over the years regarding the want for one. Also the Sora, Donald and Goofy character sprites are adorbs :3 Although I don't own a Nintendo Switch, it's also nice that it's getting some love now too. 

1 hour ago, WakelessDream said:

Even without the story bit at the end of it I'm pretty excited for this! Always wanted a Theatrhythm-esque game and I know there have been discussions here over the years regarding the want for one. Also the Sora, Donald and Goofy character sprites are adorbs :3 Although I don't own a Nintendo Switch, it's also nice that it's getting some love now too. 

Agree! The more I look at it, the more the gameplay is growing on me. I think this will be really fun to play even if it doesn't look like much initially. 

I am also super happy to see more Kairi lore/development!

9 minutes ago, Kittenz said:

Agree! The more I look at it, the more the gameplay is growing on me. I think this will be really fun to play even if it doesn't look like much initially. 

I am also super happy to see more Kairi lore/development!

Yep! For me, the Kairi stuff is an added bonus, I hope they do her justice. :D 

36 minutes ago, WakelessDream said:

Yep! For me, the Kairi stuff is an added bonus, I hope they do her justice. :D 

Hahaha we're talking about Kingdom Hearts, do you really think they can do Kairi justice?

JK I actually have hope for this game, it looks quite interesting.

1 hour ago, HoboWithAnOboe said:

Hahaha we're talking about Kingdom Hearts, do you really think they can do Kairi justice?

JK I actually have hope for this game, it looks quite interesting.

Hahaha, hey I said I hope they do her justice, the amount of confidence I have in them to actually do that is a whole other story. xP

I love rhythm games and I really enjoyed the small amount of theatrhythm I played, but this just really disappoints me. It's one thing to add lore to a rhythm game, but IMPORTANT lore? Like, Re:coded just told us that we would be saving TAV, which DDD also told us so I'm not too fussed about it. It's a great side game because it explores another part of KH and isn't too worried about extreme connectivity. But this just bites. I don't wanna keep having to deal with big important lore being put in the weirdest of places.

At least we get a rhythm game though.... and I hope it's at least a little like theatrhythm with the use of battle/field/event music.

And did we really need KH1 Sora back again xD