??????

okay wth is goin on

I reaIIy reaIIy don't get this

Iike yeah microsoft bought activision but
so?
isn't that the point of buying a company
to keep their games for yourseIf?

Iike, from a consumer standpoint this absoIuteIy sucks

but from a business "you've been a bad boy" thing I don't get why this and onIy this is being seen as an issue

The FTC under President Biden is against consolidation in the tech industry. Activision-Blizzard is a giant in the gaming space, and the FTC, from my perspective, seems concerned that Microsoft owning them will damage the market significantly.

I mean they aren't wrong. But all of this just gets so much attention because Sony does it under the guise of pretending to care about monopolization when in reality it's just CoD. They do not care about Microsoft buying studios. They only care about it when it affects them.

It's good that governments are taking a closer look at this but it feels like it is happening under the false circumstances

this should have happened way earlier

It's only happening because of Sony being afraid of losing CoD and not because of them caring about the entire industry

xD

this sounds so funny tbh

"Here you can see how this game is played "shows a video with a 12 year old kid screaming in voice while his mom is in the background to tell him that dinner is ready""

"wait 12 year old kids are playing this game?! we should ban it Madge "

xD

They'd be doing the same numbers whether Microsoft owned them or not. I'm more concerned that the market is becoming oversaturated just because of how easy it is to get a game published. Steam will accept literally anything thanks to the Greenlight process. And hell. Even on Switch, it takes hours of paging through the eshop to find anything halfway decent.