Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ArinCLOUDTOP

Favorite villain featured from the Tron series?

Favorite villain featured from the Tron series?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite villain featured from the Tron series?

• Master Control Program (MCP)
    • Sark
    • CLU
    • Rinzler

I have to go with Sark. Mainly because I love his screams every time I hit him in Kingdom Hearts 2. Lmao! But in the films I go with Rinzler mainly because he's cooler, and I love his redemption in Legacy when he said "I fight for the users!"

Edited by Movies798

Since this is the films, I'm saying CLU. I just don't remember the MCP or Sark in the original film that well, but I vaguely remember thinking they were more interesting in KH2. I do want to say Rinzler because he's basically evil Tron, but again, his potential was explored better in KH than it was in the movie. CLU is more of a character and I've always appreciated that he's quite a tragic villain.

I'm forever bitter that TRON Uprising got put down, by the way. Not a super relevant thing, but I'm never getting over it.

Think I'd have to go with Rinzler, just because of that brief moment he has where he reaches out for Sora's hand after the boss fight, it made it more meaningful than just any old Disney boss fight. If we're talking movies, then same for the "I fight for the users" bit. xD I could never take the MCP or Sark seriously, and CLU is eh to me. 

No mention of Tron Uprising? Cyrus was creepy AF, and a great villain.A deeper part of the backstory than a standard villain of the week type character and more interesting than another fight against Tesla. Cyrus made it personal for Beck and dealt his reputation as the Renegade a serious blow. It would have been very interesting to see his role in the show beyond season 1, presenting three major groups active and against each other in Argon City (Beck and Tron, the Occupation and Cyrus). Dyson deserves mention as well.

CLU is definitely interesting because despite the perception of AI going rogue in science fiction media (SkyNet from the Terminator franchise is a prime example) this is the exact opposite of what CLU does. In Legacy and the media leading up to it (the Betrayal graphic novel and Evolution videogame) what CLU does is directly following his programming as set by Flynn, but Flynn never gave CLU the capacity to adapt to new paramaters around the endgoal of perfection, nor realise that perfection is unobtainable. While Flynn does adapt to new factors, specifically the emergence of the ISOs, CLU sees them as bugs in the system and seeks to eliminate them as per his instructions because the vision he's following never imagined the ISO factor.