Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Which Silver Age Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?

Which Silver Age Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which Silver Age Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?

• Lady and the Tramp
    • 101 Dalmations
    • The Sword in the Stone
    • The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book!

Reasons:

It’s my favourite Disney Movie & IMO the best one.

I want to Mowgli, Baloo & Bagheera interact with Sora, Donald & Goofy.

It will be funny seeing Sora & Mowgli together on screen since Haley Joel Osment has voiced both of them.

Edited by Ewan Callister
Adding context as to why

Think I'd have to go with The Jungle Book though my fear with it has always been that it would be too similar to Deep Jungle. I kind of want to see what Sword in the Stone would be like too, but it's been so long since I've seen that movie, I don't have the memory to comment on it. xD 

101 Dalmatians. Dog form for the protagonist, Horace and Jasper as mini-bosses and Cruella as the world boss. Anyone willing to carve up puppies in the name of fashion has got to harbor a lot of darkness within them. Imagine the Cruella de Vil song done for a field or battle theme, like Castle of Dreams using Bippity Boppity Boo or Toybox using You've Got a Friend in Me. We haven't seen a quadruped form since lion cub Sora in Kingdom Hearts 2 Pridelands.

Jungle Book was going to be in Birth by Sleep, there are maps in the game data, but I think there was some legal dispute over the voice of King Louie or something. He's definitely absent in The Jungle Book 2. I believe that when Jungle Book was scrapped that's when Neverland was brought in because both worlds have the same feel and the gorilla looking Unversed feel like they were designed for a Jungle Book themed world.

I have to say The Jungle Book just because it's been cut from the series multiple times (it was pretty far along in development when it got cut from Birth By Sleep). I also think they could do some interesting things with the world, and a boss fight with Shere Khan would be pretty cool.

That being said, though, I would also like to see The Sword in the Stone make an appearance as a world, rather than just one character appearing in a world original to the Kingdom Hearts series.

16 hours ago, jbmasta said:

101 Dalmatians. Dog form for the protagonist, Horace and Jasper as mini-bosses and Cruella as the world boss. Anyone willing to carve up puppies in the name of fashion has got to harbor a lot of darkness within them. Imagine the Cruella de Vil song done for a field or battle theme, like Castle of Dreams using Bippity Boppity Boo or Toybox using You've Got a Friend in Me. We haven't seen a quadruped form since lion cub Sora in Kingdom Hearts 2 Pridelands.

Jungle Book was going to be in Birth by Sleep, there are maps in the game data, but I think there was some legal dispute over the voice of King Louie or something. He's definitely absent in The Jungle Book 2. I believe that when Jungle Book was scrapped that's when Neverland was brought in because both worlds have the same feel and the gorilla looking Unversed feel like they were designed for a Jungle Book themed world.

Well there’s both truth & falsehood in there, The Jungle Book was cut from Birth by Sleep because they didn’t have time to finish it so it was scrapped, the character of King Louie was by Disney (Walt Disney himself in fact) he doesn’t exist in the book he was made for the film, so he is technically an original Disney character, afterwards Jim Cummings took over the role from Louis Prima & voiced him in the likes of Tailspin & so on.

In the early 2000s Disney got into a legal dispute with Prima’s estate over the character which is why they didn’t feature him in much media, he wasn’t in The Jungle Book 2 which is probably why it wasn’t used for KH1 because not being able to use the character they couldn’t redo the films plot which side note would’ve been funny because Haley Joel Osment did his VO for both Mowgli & Sora around the same time & probably would’ve voiced him in KH1 but I digress.

In House of Mouse King Louie is technically in it but because of the legal dispute they had rename him Larry & make him is brother which is complete BS because it’s clearly Louie, but I believe Disney won ultimately because they still feature the character in stuff he was prominent in The Jungle Book Remake & Cummings still voices hell he voiced him at the D23 Voice Actors panel last year & sung I Wanna Be Like You so I don’t think that’s a problem now.