Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Keyblade101

Does anyone know how to tell if a PSP game still plays great without a PSP?

Hi, as the title says, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to see if PSP games still played great without having a PSP to check it with. See, I had sold my old PSP a few months ago because I honestly hadn't been playing it very much anymore over the years (although I kept my memory stick in case I ever wanted to get another one someday), and I have my copies of KH Birth by Sleep and Birth by Sleep Final Mix that I was debating on selling since I have KH BbS FM on KH 2.5 and would appreciate anything anyone can come up with on how to see if these two games still play great even without a PSP.

P.S. I'd played both KH BbS and BbS FM a lot to get to the secret endings and, from what I can tell by looking at the game discs, there is no damage at all, so that should be enough, I think, to tell if they should still work great but I'm still not that sure.

I guess look for scratches or spots on the disc, but otherwise I don't know anything that could help. You can't clean PSP discs, so if the surface looks fine, it'll probably still play. 

That's what I do with mine. 

I hope this helped ?

24 minutes ago, Heather Chandler said:

I guess look for scratches or spots on the disc, but otherwise I don't know anything that could help. You can't clean PSP discs, so if the surface looks fine, it'll probably still play. 

That's what I do with mine. 

I hope this helped ?

Thanks, I figured it would still be ok since there wasn't any scratches, but wasn't sure since I've heard about dvds that looked fine but didn't play right despite there being no damage and didn't know if the same would apply to game discs too.

Again, thanks. ?

PSP discs are pretty durable if kept in their cases from what I've experienced, all my discs play great even after all this time. I wouldn't worry if they look good, there's a reason Sony was charging so much for them (apart from their greed). My work at prothesiswriter.com allowed me to gather a pretty sizable collection and I've never bought a disk that didn't work.

Edited by FKemp

13 hours ago, FKemp said:

PSP discs are pretty durable if kept in their cases from what I've experience, all my discs play great even after all this time. I wouldn't worry if they look good, there's a reason Sony was charging so much for them (apart from their greed).

Thanks so much! ?