Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ursalink

Marvel in Kingdom Hearts - Potential Key?

This is not the first forum posted around the idea of Marvel in Kingdom Hearts's universe, and surely, it won't be the last. But I have been thinking about a potential clue around how Marvel could be introduced in Kingdom Hearts, and I believe the "key" is around one of the latest villains crated by the House of Ideas: KNULL, the God of Symbiotes.   

Kingdom Hearts' main topic is around the conflict between Light and Darkness, so a villain to link Marvel with Kingdom Hearts should be around this same topic too. And I believe the best candidate to represent that concept in Marvel is the new character introduced like the God of Klyntar (more commonly known as Symbiotes), Knull. According to his bio, Knull was Cosmic Being that represented Darkness, Void itself, and his existence was previous to the universe itself. Then it came the Celestials, who brought the Light to the universe with the Big Bang. Knull was Darkness incarnated, so he hated the mere existence of Light. He started a war against the Celestials when the Universe was young, and to serve him in combat, Knull created the Klyntar/Symbiotes out of his own shadow. Their terrible battle made the firmament tremble, as Knull killed almost all Celestials. However, the Klyntar, resentfull against their creator about how he used them, they turned against him and imprisioned him inside a pseudo planet that would be known as they, Klyntar. And now, in the future arc known as "King in Black", Knull has escaped and it comes to Earth to turn it into his base to sink the whole universe back into Darkness.   

In the last games of the franchise, Sora's parkour moves has made me think a lot about Spider-Man, so it sounds fitting that a villain associated "partially" with Spider-Man would be Sora's main enemy in Marvel. I can imagine the Heartless being merged with the Symbiotes and becomes something really terrible for Sora and his friends. Marvel has a lot of iconic villains, just like Disney, but if there's one that would match Sora's mission in Kingdom Hearts, that would be Knull without a doubt. What do you think?

On 11/22/2020 at 6:37 AM, The Transcendent Key said:

This is a pretty unique and awesome concept, and I could see it being integrated well!

I also believe Thor would be an excellent fit!

Thanks, pal. I'm glad you like my idea. "King in Black" has just started, and I can assure, this is going to be one of the most dramatic arcs we have ever seen in Marvel Comics.   

Norse Mythology is already being used in "Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road", so I don't think so. Thor and Asgard could likely be a "world" (level) for Sora's team in Marvel, surely the equivalent to Hercules and Olympus/Olympus' Colisseum. 

On 12/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, Ursalink said:

Thanks, pal. I'm glad you like my idea. "King in Black" has just started, and I can assure, this is going to be one of the most dramatic arcs we have ever seen in Marvel Comics.   

Norse Mythology is already being used in "Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road", so I don't think so. Thor and Asgard could likely be a "world" (level) for Sora's team in Marvel, surely the equivalent to Hercules and Olympus/Olympus' Colisseum. 

Spoiler

It could be! We shall have to wait and see if Marvel and possibly Star Wars properties end up existing in Quadratum.

Star Wars is quite compatible with Kingdom Hearts too. Just check the similarities:  

+ On both games, you travel through space to reach worlds.   
+ Keyblades and Lightsabers.   
+ Light Side and the Dark Side of the Force; eternal Light vs Darkness.   
+ Terra and Darth Vader, the Fallen Hero.   
+ C-3PO and R2D2, a comedy duo like Donald and Goofy.   
+ The yellow eyes of darkness, just like anyone who bonds with the Dark Side.  
+ Master Xehanort is similar to Emperator Palpatine.   
+ Sora is like Luke Skywalker, at some level. 

I'd rather not see Star Wars or MCU in Kingdom Hearts. Yes, both are Disney properties but both have huge lore and movies that make them whole universes of their own and have basis outside of Disney going back decades. Kingdom Hearts does use and reference Final Fantasy and The World Ends With You, but that's more akin to cherry picking certain characters and recontextualising them in the Kingdom Hearts setting and is Square's own property. Besides, after how the recent Avengers game was received I don't entirely have faith in them doing more Marvel stuff.

53 minutes ago, jbmasta said:

I'd rather not see Star Wars or MCU in Kingdom Hearts. Yes, both are Disney properties but both have huge lore and movies that make them whole universes of their own and have basis outside of Disney going back decades. Kingdom Hearts does use and reference Final Fantasy and The World Ends With You, but that's more akin to cherry picking certain characters and recontextualising them in the Kingdom Hearts setting and is Square's own property. Besides, after how the recent Avengers game was received I don't entirely have faith in them doing more Marvel stuff.

Hope is the last thing to lose. 

1 hour ago, jbmasta said:

And the last thing to release from Pandora's Box.

That's precisely the point. Because the hope stayed in Pandora's Box, it was the only thing to not be lose. 

The latest upgrade in "Union X" story seems to show the creatures called "Darkness" are in fact similar to Marvel's symbiotes. They need a physical form/host body in order to avoid disappearing in oblivion. Don't you think is curious?