Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ocean's rage

most popular worlds?

It's probably pointing out the obvious but Atlantica seems to be pretty unanimously agreed upon as an unpopular world, due to the musical aspect haha. 

But I think what's popular and what's not is going to largely come down to personal preference since there are so many factors into what makes for a good Disney world and what doesn't. 

1 hour ago, WakelessDream said:

It's probably pointing out the obvious but Atlantica seems to be pretty unanimously agreed upon as an unpopular world, due to the musical aspect haha. 

But I think what's popular and what's not is going to largely come down to personal preference since there are so many factors into what makes for a good Disney world and what doesn't. 

i always forget about the odd musical thing in kh2 i always remember alantica in kh1 better

for myself over all theres only been one world ive found disappointing (having felt alantica was pretty good in the other games) and thats country of the musketeers, good music but not much else. although i would love to see more games that are meant to be from mickey's training days

Least popular worlds:
- Atlantica. A lot of people disliked it in KH1 due to its mechanics and most people hated it in KH2 due to it being a musical.
- I've also seen a lot of hate towards Deep Jungle due to its platforming and the amount of backtracking it has. I personally love the world.
- Seen some hate towards Monstro as well. Again people don't seem to be fond of the platforming and the repetitive rooms.
- I personally hate Disney Town due to its music and art direction.

Popular worlds:
Really uncertain of which worlds people seem to favor the most. I'm quite certain Halloween Town is high up on a lot of people's list. And people used to love Agrabah I believe. Now most people are quite tired of it. As for me, my favorite Disney worlds are: Deep Jungle, Neverland (BbS), Kingdom of Corona, Olympus Coliseum (KH1, KH2) and 100 Acre Woods (KH1, Re:CoM, KH2).

Olympus certainly gets a lot of love, it's only been absent from one game so far. Space Paranoids is a pretty popular one too, as is The Caribbean and Toy Box. For original worlds definitely Hollow Bastion, the KH1 version at least. Traverse Town and Twilight Town too.

As for least popular, Arendelle is a well known example in part due to the world design (specifically the lack of variation from snowfields and no visiting the town itself) and how little SDG are involved in the plot of Frozen.

Pridelands can be a love it or hate it, mainly because the quadrupedal form means summons and form changes are off limits (similar to Atlantica in KH1).

5 hours ago, JTD95 said:

Least popular worlds:
- Atlantica. A lot of people disliked it in KH1 due to its mechanics and most people hated it in KH2 due to it being a musical.
- I've also seen a lot of hate towards Deep Jungle due to its platforming and the amount of backtracking it has. I personally love the world.
- Seen some hate towards Monstro as well. Again people don't seem to be fond of the platforming and the repetitive rooms.
- I personally hate Disney Town due to its music and art direction.

Popular worlds:
Really uncertain of which worlds people seem to favor the most. I'm quite certain Halloween Town is high up on a lot of people's list. And people used to love Agrabah I believe. Now most people are quite tired of it. As for me, my favorite Disney worlds are: Deep Jungle, Neverland (BbS), Kingdom of Corona, Olympus Coliseum (KH1, KH2) and 100 Acre Woods (KH1, Re:CoM, KH2).

Disney Town has usually been the world I dread most because of the story mandatory minigames, and specifically my dread of Ice Cream Beat. The music for the world is not recommended for long term exposure, you will go mad. I'd say the only bad or forgettable Agrabah is KH2, since it adapts so little of Return of Jafar and cuts down the Cave of Wonders, which is a lot of fun for exploring in KH1 with the multiple rooms and levels, and how the lower level areas interconnect. The final Jafar boss fight is basically hit his stomach, trigger the Reaction Command and bash his head head, rinse and repeat.

Edited by jbmasta

From observations, Halloween Town, Twilight Town, The World that Never Was, Radiant Garden and some variations of Olympus seem the most popular. Some others that are somewhat well loved (or maybe I'm biased and it might just be me loving them) include Toy Box, Timeless River, The Land of Dragons, Port Royal and Beast's Castle.

I think the others have sufficiently listed the unpopular ones. 

My personal faves are Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden (KH2), Beast's Castle (KH2), The Caribbean (KH3), Traverse Town, Twilight Town, TWTNW, Land of Dragons, Monstropolis, 100 Acre Wood, and kh1 Atlantica. 

Didn't like Toy Box or San Fransokyo a whole lot, if I'm honest

Edited by KHfan4

7 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i always forget about the odd musical thing in kh2 i always remember alantica in kh1 better

for myself over all theres only been one world ive found disappointing (having felt alantica was pretty good in the other games) and thats country of the musketeers, good music but not much else. although i would love to see more games that are meant to be from mickey's training days

Yeah, there was definitely less I could find to complain about with KH1's Atlantica, though I'll admit I would get lost easily, and the controls seem a little awkward at first. Country of the Musketeers wasn't all too memorable for me so I can see why it wouldn't be as popular. 

Probably the ones that I'm not particularly fond of are Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum, and Agrabah not because they're necessarily bad worlds, but because they've appeared in so many entries without really bringing much new to the table, it gets repetitive after a while. Returning worlds are great, but in moderation. xD 

3 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

Probably the ones that I'm not particularly fond of are Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum, and Agrabah not because they're necessarily bad worlds, but because they've appeared in so many entries without really bringing much new to the table, it gets repetitive after a while. Returning worlds are great, but in moderation. xD 

yeah there are some worlds that are a bit over done

On 11/2/2020 at 3:28 AM, jbmasta said:

I'd say the only bad or forgettable Agrabah is KH2, since it adapts so little of Return of Jafar and cuts down the Cave of Wonders, which is a lot of fun for exploring in KH1 with the multiple rooms and levels, and how the lower level areas interconnect. The final Jafar boss fight is basically hit his stomach, trigger the Reaction Command and bash his head head, rinse and repeat.

The Cave of Wonders in KH2 is one of KH's biggest tragedies. Every single time I replay KH2 I'm shocked by how small and boring the place is. It's also always smaller than I remember it. I do like the Jafar boss though. It's easy and simple but I like the spectacle of it all. A huge Genie Jafar floating above all of Agrabah who'll occasionally trap you inside a purple storm of chaos. I'll never forget that fight. A big improvement to his Genie fight from KH1. But the rest of the world? Eh. City is fine but I'd wish there were more areas. The Lava and Blizzard Lords are fun, but the second visit in the desert is a drag.

On 11/4/2020 at 8:37 AM, JTD95 said:

The Cave of Wonders in KH2 is one of KH's biggest tragedies. Every single time I replay KH2 I'm shocked by how small and boring the place is. It's also always smaller than I remember it. I do like the Jafar boss though. It's easy and simple but I like the spectacle of it all. A huge Genie Jafar floating above all of Agrabah who'll occasionally trap you inside a purple storm of chaos. I'll never forget that fight. A big improvement to his Genie fight from KH1. But the rest of the world? Eh. City is fine but I'd wish there were more areas. The Lava and Blizzard Lords are fun, but the second visit in the desert is a drag.

KH1 Cave of Wonders is a good place to explore because the different rooms and levels make you learn the configuration, and there are genuine platforming bits. The underground caverns where you swim between rooms for example. KH2 Cave of Wonders is so linear, one of the rooms serving only to provide a save point after you've done the story mini-game in there.

It was always a little bizarre for me when I first started to learn some of the fan consensus on KH1 and 2 worlds, since I played the games as a kid for years before I was ever on the internet in a substantial way. Stuff like Deep Jungle being hated, Pride Lands being hated, a lot of the KH2 worlds being too linear. I can where a lot of that is coming from, but I have a fondness for almost every world and area from those two games.

As far as my own personal least favorites, KH1 Monstro was always somewhat boring to me despite great music. But maybe that's just because I also spent so long wandering similar looking chambers as a kid looking for 4.

5 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i think that happened to me a few times

KH1 is full of some confusing areas when you don’t know them by heart haha. That’s why part of me was okay with KH2’s “hallway” worlds. Easier to traverse at least. 

I actually really prefer KH1's approach with actual exploration to KH2's.

KH3 to me is something of a middle ground, although in a good way, the lower amount of area transitions makes it easier to navigate I think.

1 minute ago, Aqua_Wren said:

I actually really prefer KH1's approach with actual exploration to KH2's.

KH3 to me is something of a middle ground, although in a good way, the lower amount of area transitions makes it easier to navigate I think.

I think KH3 was a perfect middle ground as well, beautiful and not too confusing but verticality and just the right amount of puzzling. My only problem with it is the areas are huge, which is awesome until you spend a lot of time in the area leveling up or collecting, only to die and have it reset when you hit continue. This was never an issue when the areas were much smaller.