Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Alicornbrodie

A question about Pluto

Ok so, OK! SO! y'know Pluto. Orange doggo, bark bark, mouse's best friend.

He kinda just exists, through the series, much like Maleficent and Pete except he contributes even less. No offense to him or his fans ofc.

But it's always confused me. How does he travel between worlds?

He just, shows up. But how? With what transport???

Does he do like portal dogs do and just vroom wherever he pleases or is there something else going on???

Thoughts?

Yes I know I ain't slick shhh-

1 minute ago, Aqua_Wren said:

He's been shown simply following other people on multiple occasions, whether it's jumping through dark corridors after folks, or just stowing away on the gummi ship.

That makes sense, but what about those few dark corridors that appear on their own? Idr if it was shown who opened them. Like the one in The World That Never Was in KHII, it opens but there's nobody there. Same for the one in Destiny Islands (same game) when Kairi meets Axel.

I always figured Pluto had a special power that allows him to travel through worlds and portals by unknown means. Pluto isn't bothered by the corridors either. It's something I don't think we're suppose to fully understand.

Yo ok so like, I've just thought of those Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse Pluto cartoons where he goes out to do something normal (fetching the newspaper for example) but a bunch of things happen to make it not normal. I keep thinking of this and that it works in this topic but whenever I write it down it stops making sense. And it repeats. So I think this might be it but magical power portal dog Pluto doesn't want the truth to be uncovered. So he uses Psychic powers to steer people away from figuring out his secret.

Edited by Alicornbrodie

Alternatively he's just a very lucky, kind of goofy dog.

That raises all sorts of questions on Goofy's place in the world. Why is one dog a humanoid sapient and another dog a pet, what even is this.

7 hours ago, Aqua_Wren said:

Alternatively he's just a very lucky, kind of goofy dog.

That raises all sorts of questions on Goofy's place in the world. Why is one dog a humanoid sapient and another dog a pet, what even is this.

300px-Loading_Cat.jpg

I thought Goofy was just Goofy.

Even in one of the coded cutscenes that appear to the characters after clearing one of the worlds- It shows Pluto opening a dark corridor on his own in Traverse Town. It's weird that they've hinted that there's a bit more to Pluto than meets the eye, but never really went anywhere with it. Maybe one day.

He's honestly one of the bigger mysteries to me- Like we know he (and iirc Mickey as well) was in Traverse Town at some point in KH1, but why? Why was he seperated from Mickey? Was he searching for something? What was his deal during KH2 just going all over the place lmao

On 11/7/2020 at 7:28 PM, Kinode said:

Even in one of the coded cutscenes that appear to the characters after clearing one of the worlds- It shows Pluto opening a dark corridor on his own in Traverse Town. It's weird that they've hinted that there's a bit more to Pluto than meets the eye, but never really went anywhere with it. Maybe one day.

He's honestly one of the bigger mysteries to me- Like we know he (and iirc Mickey as well) was in Traverse Town at some point in KH1, but why? Why was he seperated from Mickey? Was he searching for something? What was his deal during KH2 just going all over the place lmao

My only memories of Re:Coded is The Gay™️and Sora kicking down a door.

Honestly, doesn't feel like something we'll actually learn about though. XD All we can do is guess and imagine. Didn't remember Mickey going to Traverse Town tho; always thought Pluto just went there with Donald and Goofy fsr.

Edited by Alicornbrodie

On 11/4/2020 at 7:57 AM, Alicornbrodie said:

That makes sense, but what about those few dark corridors that appear on their own? Idr if it was shown who opened them. Like the one in The World That Never Was in KHII, it opens but there's nobody there. Same for the one in Destiny Islands (same game) when Kairi meets Axel.

I think it's implied to be namine who opened them