Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
syngatesthe2nd

Opinions of Arendelle's Ice Labyrinth

Hey all, I'm pretty new here and mostly use Reddit to talk about KH, so please don't crucify me if this has been discussed ad nauseam. I'm very aware that a lot of the fanbase had a big problem with Arendelle in KH3 in general, but I wanted to see what the overall opinions here are on the ice labyrinth section specifically.

Personally I liked the Arendelle level overall from a gameplay perspective, but I basically adored the labyrinth. The atmosphere is bleak, the visuals are darker and the music moodier, and it was a surprisingly subdued and interesting departure from most Kingdom Hearts world as well as the rest of the Arendelle level.

Now on the flip side, I've heard most people say they despised this part or even that it was their least favorite section of the game. Wanted to hear what you guys think about it.

Edit: I forgot to include that it also features the introduction of Larxene's Ninja Nobody enemies, which I also thought were super dope!

Edited by syngatesthe2nd

It actually hasn't been discussed that extensively here. I think the common criticism about Arendelle is that it stuck so stringently to the movie that it didn't really leave much room for creativity in terms of integrating the Kingdom Hearts characters. It didn't bug me too much personally though. 

I was going to come in here and say I wasn't that big a fan of the labyrinth, mostly because I found it easy to get lost in, but that's kind of the point of a labyrinth so that's more just on me than the game.xD Thinking about it though, it is one of the few unique aspects of the world so got to give it credit there. Overall I think I'm neutral, I didn't despise it, but at the same time it wasn't anything that changed my experience of the world too much.  

I..... had no problems with the labyrinth at all. Thought Arendelle was gonna be a nightmare to deal with but it wasn't. Or maybe I'd subconsciously braced myself for any trouble and that's what got me through.

Tbh it was fun and looked really pretty. Liked the music too.

Edited by Alicornbrodie
I can't spell

4 hours ago, Alicornbrodie said:

I..... had no problems with the labyrinth at all. Thought Arendelle was gonna be a nightmare to deal with but it wasn't. Or maybe I'd subconsciously braced myself for any trouble and that's what got me through.

Tbh it was fun and looked really pretty. Liked the music too.

Good to know I'm not totally alone!

4 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

It actually hasn't been discussed that extensively here. I think the common criticism about Arendelle is that it stuck so stringently to the movie that it didn't really leave much room for creativity in terms of integrating the Kingdom Hearts characters. It didn't bug me too much personally though. 

I was going to come in here and say I wasn't that big a fan of the labyrinth, mostly because I found it easy to get lost in, but that's kind of the point of a labyrinth so that's more just on me than the game.xD Thinking about it though, it is one of the few unique aspects of the world so got to give it credit there. Overall I think I'm neutral, I didn't despise it, but at the same time it wasn't anything that changed my experience of the world too much.  

That's totally fair. Most of the Arendelle criticism I see is pretty warranted, in my opinion, whether people agree with it or not. And as we know the developers weren't exactly given total freedom there... which sucks.

The Labyrinth is one of the better things about Arendelle. The spires making use of the airstep is satisfying, and it feels good knowing to to get around. It's nice change from the snowy mountain.

The Labyrinth was ok, worse thing about it for me was the fact I got slightly lost when I first played through it and it was one of the more annoying places to try and find hidden mickeys in, honestly I was just glad to get out of there, the ninja nobodies were cool though. I enjoyed the world though honestly the worst thing about the world was Olaf’s mini game and I was not happy I had to do it twice, although the best thing about the world was interactions with Larxene as they were great and could be quite funny ( although she my favourite character so I might be a bit biased in my opinion.)

Edited by Vulpes XIII