Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
setsugekka

More MoM Answers Than You Even Want

oh. my. GOSH

.....Lauriam uses flower-based attacks. Specifically, the rose flower. Which could represent death. 

And the game Lauriam happens to be in has a symbol in the title: χ.........which could mean.............................death.

.....*shakes head in amazement*

Or.....is this just a coincidence? I don't know what's coincidence and what's intentional anymore with this series

I found a translation for the preview of Xigbar's character file...and it has noticeably different stuff than the character file. If Xigbar was truly talking to a KH character, then why would he tell them all that highly secretive info? Or is it that he's actually talking to the reader...? But that other line in the character file...meh I don't know.

Edited by Double OKP

On 2/14/2021 at 5:03 AM, Double OKP said:

I found a translation for the preview of Xigbar's character file...and it has noticeably different stuff than the character file. If Xigbar was truly talking to a KH character, then why would he tell them all that highly secretive info? Or is it that he's actually talking to the reader...? But that other line in the character file...meh I don't know.

Oh yeah, I thought it was really interesting that the preview of his character file was different from the one that was printed. The preview version had a lot of stuff that ended up being in Re:Mind, so maybe they thought they should change it up? Part of me is like "What if it MEANS something?" but I don't think it does. I think it was a matter of them wanting to publish a more intriguing, mysterious story.

I'd have to find the original again, so I'm not sure if that's the same translation I saw before, but I know I saw a translation out there that had a lot of inaccuracies. Until I found the original, some of the stuff in the translation had me (and a lot of other people) assuming that Luxord was connected to the MoM somehow. I forget what it was exactly, but it was bogus.

Anyway, I know that dffoo might not be related to anything, but I gotta mention that Jack just returned to NA! Now you can get him from his Lost Chapter whenever you want! ...But his special weapons are only available for a limited time, so if anybody wants him, now's the time.

njf78wi.jpg

Here's his LD weapon, the Black Widow. ("Mukademaru", which is like "Centipede Blade".) See, that's the one with the eye in it... Very cool.

I mentioned a few of the names of his moves on the first page of the thread. I sat and thought about "Piercing Gleam" for a while... It's not direct, but it's not a bad translation. You could interpret "Issen Toppa" as "breaking through in a flash" like a flash of lightning or a burst of light. It includes the kanji for sparkling/glittering/gleaming. For the move, he thrusts at the enemy, then cleaves upward. It's one of the best defense-lowering moves right now.

He also has a move called "Lightning Flash" which actually has the same name as Quick Attack in Pokemon - "Denkou Sekka." Literally, it means "Lightning Speed." It also includes the kanji for "light", of course. For that move, he performs multiple quick, consecutive slashes.

I haven't checked the Japanese on these yet, but he has some weapon affinity abilities called "Optimistic Heart" and "Heart and Soul." I'm just like... They gotta stop baiting me like this. lol

IBqI9Wd.jpg

We also got the official translation of the new scenes in his Lost Chapter. Slightly disappointed that one of my favorite lines just seems to be missing, but I enjoyed it overall. I like that they had Sherlotta refer to him as a "scoundrel." lol Cute word choice.

j795o8z.png

Ace finally received LD and BT weapons in the JP version of the game. His LD is the Magician's Deck (JP: "Magician Card") and his BT is Crazy Eights (JP: "Wildcard")

Feel free to look at the designs on both of those and decide for yourself whether they mean anything. His LD has the wings of the Vermilion Bird in the shape of a heart, and his BT looks like it has... a cross? an X? Interesting.

This actually gives me a wild idea. This is a shot in the dark, but I've been wondering if Luxord's card has anything to do with Ace. Ventus is the one who's like Ace, so maybe it has something to do with Ventus? Or, perhaps, there's another character who's like Ventus but also more like Ace. Like how Yozora looks like Riku, but he's more like Noctis. idk, I'm just feeling something here.

I gotta add something. Although these weapons existed in Type-0, they didn't have unique appearances before. Even if you got a new weapon, they'd all looked like the same default weapon. They finally got unique appearances in other games like dffoo and FFRK. So that's what makes me wonder... Are they making them look a certain way on purpose?

UFB4SBT.jpg

Like, I REALLY wanna say that this is a coincidence, but also... Look at it. That's Trey's LD, Thanatos' Bow (JP: "Reaper's Bow")

I'm just saying. Somebody at dffoo's gotta take responsibility for making me sound crazy.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:26 AM, setsugekka said:

Oh yeah, I thought it was really interesting that the preview of his character file was different from the one that was printed. The preview version had a lot of stuff that ended up being in Re:Mind, so maybe they thought they should change it up? Part of me is like "What if it MEANS something?" but I don't think it does. I think it was a matter of them wanting to publish a more intriguing, mysterious story.

Yeah, when I first saw it I was like: "Is this actually a preview??" lol. I was surprised it had that much info in it.

Makes me think they were originally going to have Xigbar talking to the reader but then they put that line in.....aaahhhh I'm just not gonna think about that. Too coNFusINg

On 2/17/2021 at 1:26 AM, setsugekka said:

This actually gives me a wild idea. This is a shot in the dark, but I've been wondering if Luxord's card has anything to do with Ace. Ventus is the one who's like Ace, so maybe it has something to do with Ventus? Or, perhaps, there's another character who's like Ventus but also more like Ace. Like how Yozora looks like Riku, but he's more like Noctis. idk, I'm just feeling something here.

HMMMMMMMMMM........well, there's, there's definitely SOMETHING going on but I'm too dumb to say what........

I just remembered...but water holds memories(at least in Frozen 2)....heh heh SPEAKING of Demyx......

Edited by Double OKP

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but in the Armored Xehanort fight in Re:Mind, a moon appears when Xehanort summons meteors from keyholes:

1ZMxWa7kudFMIpxC1v92VV_cz3dy3zop_WyMloZrL4evvpLMW6tP6CrVZ6MeuAvdDZKgScfMYUh3kwMblWaJlsQgeMIzBHevLxuRQ4CuR544C9hewWWPGudUQWYki8QZYNx_hJhT

(Here, it looks small but later...):

ZDmzMgBFBoF5vDRy0-c1WwtH2cl3c8wE9TtNHCHOoj6szXjB6eUw-t_GFM1qS1dSPqeZG3VDBicFoumjLJmb4sP2hIfRbgsX8ZVTnk9xUQt6CkduQdNqJN-wQ0ePCJrrVqNOrMiM

...it's really big. 

If the camera in the ^ picture was turned 180 degrees, then there would be Kingdom Hearts. They're on opposite sides.

And one could say this moon is on the other side [in the sky] of Kingdom Hearts.

Oh wait, the inside of the keyholes have that same red as that red force that YMX used to blast Sora into Verum Rex............

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by Double OKP

On 2/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, Double OKP said:

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but in the Armored Xehanort fight in Re:Mind, a moon appears when Xehanort summons meteors from keyholes:

I sat and thought about this for a while, but I'm not sure if it meeeans anything... It certainly looks cool, though.

So, you might've seen this already, but the official khux account just put out this statement on Twitter:

Hello, Keyblade wielders.

Thank you for playing KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road. We have an important announcement regarding the future of this title.

The KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ story will conclude this Apr. Following this, KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road will end service on May 30, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. (PDT) / May 31, 2021 1:00 (UTC). An offline version of this app will be made available so players can enjoy the entire story. KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road will be playable offline and KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ will be available as a theater mode.

It is with a heavy heart that we make this announcement, and we sincerely apologize for the news. The entire KHUXDR team is deeply grateful for all the support and enthusiasm players have shared throughout the years, and we look forward to what the future holds.

"With a heavy heart" makes it sound like this was sooner than they expected... It's definitely sooner than I thought it'd be. I thought we'd have khux for at least the rest of the year.

I'm shocked that they're already going to end khdr so shortly afterwards, too. That's........ I really have no words. I knew it wouldn't last, but it feels like it just got started. I don't know what's going to happen. I wonder if this is what it felt like when the players of Agito found out that the game was going to end before it was even close to reaching its proper ending. I know that Nomura said that the ending of khux had already been written long in advance... But I see an opportunity for some parallels here, I'm just saying. lol

But yeah......... It's hard to imagine that the story of khdr will be complete. For the offline version, the announcement says "Story will be unlocked up to the ending", but I'm concerned that it'll be something rushed. I've mostly been ignoring playing khdr so far, so the offline mode will give me something to look forward to, but I'm kinda skeptical.

What are you expecting most from the khux ending? Personally, I'm looking forward to finding out what's under the MoM's table. lol

Edited by setsugekka

17 hours ago, setsugekka said:

"With a heavy heart" makes it sound like this was sooner than they expected... It's definitely sooner than I thought it'd be. I thought we'd have khux for at least the rest of the year.

I'm shocked that they're already going to end khdr so shortly afterwards, too. That's........ I really have no words. I knew it wouldn't last, but it feels like it just got started. I don't know what's going to happen. I wonder if this is what it felt like when the players of Agito found out that the game was going to end before it was even close to reaching its proper ending. I know that Nomura said that the ending of khux had already been written long in advance... But I see an opportunity for some parallels here, I'm just saying. lol

But yeah......... It's hard to imagine that the story of khdr will be complete. For the offline version, the announcement says "Story will be unlocked up to the ending", but I'm concerned that it'll be something rushed. I've mostly been ignoring playing khdr so far, so the offline mode will give me something to look forward to, but I'm kinda skeptical.

I definitely wasn't expecting UX to end this soon. But GOSH am I so excited (and sad too :'(). I was totally not expecting DR to...to be finishing soon either. (I wasn't expecting anything at all. When I woke up this morning and found out i was like: "WHAAT??!!" lol) It seemed like a lot was going to be covered, as Xehanort still has a lot of mystery surrounding him and his backstory and stuff. But what's really sad is that we won't be having something to look forward to monthly anymore, which is something that keeps me invested in the KH series. 

17 hours ago, setsugekka said:

What are you expecting most from the khux ending? Personally, I'm looking forward to finding out what's under the MoM's table. lol

I'm expecting A LOT, and am excited for everything lol. More mysteries to be sure. But since there's only like three months left 'till it's gonna come to a close, I'm thinking the future updates are going to be PACKED 'cause there's still a lot to be cleared. I'm kinda looking forward to finding out the reason Maleficent thinks a Book of Prophecies is in the box. I'm also VERY excited for that moment when Xehanort and Ven meet for the first time(I'm really sure that's gonna be in UX). 

Well, I'm just SUPER overboard excited for everything like i always am LOL

In the update today, Chirithy says these MIND BOGGLING lines:

Spoiler

I wonder...could Darklings be drawn to Keyblade wielders...?

[Later]: 
Everyone has more to them than meets the eye. There might even be another you hidden in your heart. And if it were darkness... 

[Later]:
If the Darklings are after a Keyblade wielder, and it's not [Player] or Ephemer, then who...

like WHAT??!!! 

Chirithy seems really worried in this update. What is he thinking...?

Edited by Double OKP

8 hours ago, Double OKP said:

I'm kinda looking forward to finding out the reason Maleficent thinks a Book of Prophecies is in the box.

Man, I almost already forgot about that. Fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, Double OKP said:

like WHAT??!!! 

Chirithy seems really worried in this update. What is he thinking...?

Well, based on everything we've seen so far, I still believe that Player is Xehanort. Remember how "Xehanort" -X can unscramble to "Another"? lol Xehanort is another version of Player or something, and he happens to be aligned with darkness, so it fits. The Darklings might still be chasing after Player because they actually want Xehanort. idk, I considered some other options, but that makes the most sense to me right now after this update.

When Chirithy said "And if it were darkness..." I think he might've put two and two together and realized where the Dark Chirithy came from.

The line "Everyone has more to them than meets the eye" made me think of Demyx again. lol It can't be a coincidence that they keep giving us lines that sound like that.

I just got the Type-0 World Preview book in the mail today. As the name suggests, it's a guide that was released before the game came out to give people an idea of what the Type-0 world was going to be like. Each of the characters has two pages and features comments from their voice actors. I'm going to translate all of Jack's, but here's his profile for now. (It's similar to ones I've seen before, but it's new to me.)

To put it kindly, he's relaxed. To put it not-so-kindly, he's a boy who acts like a clown without a care in the world. No matter what type of situation befalls him, that stance of his is never broken. He cracks jokes with a gentle smile. However, his true intentions seem to exist somewhere else.

The word they used for "true intentions" could also literally be read as "true heart" and interpreted as "real self." It's just really interesting to me that they made Jack sound like such a suspicious person for seemingly no reason. The MoM's whole character is kinda built on being suspicious, though, so it works for him. lol

41 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

Well, based on everything we've seen so far, I still believe that Player is Xehanort. Remember how "Xehanort" -X can unscramble to "Another"? lol Xehanort is another version of Player or something, and he happens to be aligned with darkness, so it fits. The Darklings might still be chasing after Player because they actually want Xehanort. idk, I considered some other options, but that makes the most sense to me right now after this update.

I always thought that anagram was of no importance, but hmm....that could actually be the case. Though, I'm always considering the possibility that [Player] is not Xehanort. Eh, time will tell.

gosh i'm getting more and more excited for the climax of ux lol

45 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

I'm going to translate all of Jack's, but here's his profile for now. (It's similar to ones I've seen before, but it's new to me.)

That just sounds SO MoM. Like, totally.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:04 PM, Double OKP said:

That just sounds SO MoM. Like, totally.

I finally finished translating these pages and posted them. All of SuzuKen's comments about Jack are so good... You can tell he really understands him. Er, well, he understands that he's a character who's somewhat impossible to understand. lol

Like, I love this answer in particular.

Please tell us about a scene that left an impression on you.

Jack can be kind of irritating, but he’s always positive and says things like “It can’t be helped. So we should try this instead!” I was impressed by the scene where he’s able to help everyone because he doesn’t get sucked into the gloomy atmosphere. He’s actually thinking about a lot of things. He may even be sad, but he never shows it. I think each person’s impression of Jack will be different depending on how you perceive him.

So true, SuzuKen...

(edit) Someone from the Type-0 chat helpfully showed me that someone else already translated Ace's pages from the same book. Kaji Yuuki (his VA) has some interesting things to say about Ace.

Of all the Class Zero members, who are you interested in?
Because Ace is involved with all of the Class Zero members, rather than someone specifically, the impression I have is like he’s deeply entangled with everyone. Putting it strongly, Machina and Rem have an unique image, different from Class Zero.

There’s a special sense in Ace’s involvement with those two, and Machina’s older brother Izana. It’s in the script, but there are also scenarios other than those lines (in the script). I feel that Machina, Rem and Izana’s presence has a great significance in grasping such a fragmented story. Yet in the conversation scene with them, in that part where they (technically, Machina) are in conflict with the other characters, there was a certain challenged feeling of them being the odd ones out.

And then, all of the (original) Class Zero members portray this “siblings” image, so Machina, Rem and Izana gave off the image of being outsiders.

It's interesting that he mentions this because it's the same feeling I get from Ventus. Like, it's in the way that Ventus has become entangled with everyone, but he has this especially deep connection to Strelitzia, Lauriam, and Elrena now.

It also makes me think about how Marluxia and Larxene weren't part of the original research team from Radiant Garden, so it makes them seem like outsides compared to everyone else in Organization XIII. (Demyx and Luxord also feel like outsiders, but it's like they're in their own category. lol)

I don't think I ever pointed this out, but. There are 14 members of Organization XIII and 14 members of Class Zero. So Marluxia and Larxene feel like they occupy the same amount of "space" as Machina and Rem. I think this must've been a coincidence, but then Nomura probably just used it to his advantage. lol Then again, I found out that the concept of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series was born around the same time as KH1, so I don't know what to think anymore... Maybe nothing is a coincidence and everything is intentional. (Unlikely. But who knows.)

Edited by setsugekka

On 2/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, setsugekka said:

It also makes me think about how Marluxia and Larxene weren't part of the original research team from Radiant Garden, so it makes them seem like outsides compared to everyone else in Organization XIII. (Demyx and Luxord also feel like outsiders, but it's like they're in their own category. lol)

I don't think I ever pointed this out, but. There are 14 members of Organization XIII and 14 members of Class Zero. So Marluxia and Larxene feel like they occupy the same amount of "space" as Machina and Rem. I think this must've been a coincidence, but then Nomura probably just used it to his advantage. lol Then again, I found out that the concept of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series was born around the same time as KH1, so I don't know what to think anymore... Maybe nothing is a coincidence and everything is intentional. (Unlikely. But who knows.)

HMMM iNtErEsTiNg. 

With Nomura, I'd say it's safer assume that everything is intentional lol

I've been thinking.........what if Union χ[Cross] has a connection to Quadratum after all?

The 'data Daybreak Town' seems to be not just data, but dreams too, right? In KHMoM, Xehanort strangely glitches. In a dream. And, in Re:Mind, in Yozora's dream, Quadratum appears as if it was a projection. Things in dreams are acting like they're data. But....why exactly???

And............the world that connects to 'data Daybreak Town' is the world of Wreck-it-Ralph.....which is a world of........video games. And Verum Rex is a video game. 

Wait.....is something going on here???

Edit: Oh WAIT. In KHIII, in the dream version of Scala Ad Caelum, the Replica Xehanorts glitched??

Edited by Double OKP

On 3/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, Double OKP said:

I've been thinking.........what if Union χ[Cross] has a connection to Quadratum after all?

Yeah, I mean... It seems like there's some kind of overlap between data and dreams. Like... When data and dreams intersect, is that what results in something "fictional"? I feel like we're going to find out something soon that totally proves that we've been on the right track. idk if we can say for sure what the connection is, but there's GOTTA be a connection.

I've been playing Persona 5 Strikers lately and toying with the idea that the MoM could be like Demyx's Shadow or Persona. In other words, he could have been another "him" who existed simultaneously in another world. But since it sounds like Demyx is somehow aware of him... ..............What if they've been TOGETHER this whole time? I still think I might've been right about Demyx having dreams about him, but I just think this is a neat idea to consider. You know, something like how Arsene spoke into Akira's mind and then manifested from within him. Arsene only has a physical form in the Metaverse, but he's always part of Akira.

I'm also thinking about how Shadows, Palace Rulers, Monarchs, etc all seem to have their own awareness separate from their real world counterparts. For instance, the fact that Akira and Ryuji encountered Shadow Kamoshida inside his Palace, but the real Kamoshida had no memory of meeting them in there. But Shadow Kamoshida is just as much a part of Kamoshida as Arsene is to Akira.

So yeah... Maybe something like that? That type of thing could explain why Yozora felt like he was hearing Sora's thoughts.

(edit) Oh, this train of thought just led me back to what I was saying ages ago about the references to the Fool tarot card and the wildcard. Persona uses upright and reversed to depict a character and their subconscious self. I'm gonna laugh if it was that obvious this whole time.

Edited by setsugekka

On 3/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, setsugekka said:

Like... When data and dreams intersect, is that what results in something "fictional"?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hMhMhMhMhMhMhMhMhMhMhMhM...........................

...hmm...but dreaming something up already creates something fictional, at least in the mind. Or....is it that when dreams and data intersect, it brings the fictional ideas one dreamed up come to 'life', like how Verum Rex is a video game(which would technically be a data world from reality)? Gosh me don't know........this is some very cOnFuSiNg stuff

On 3/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, setsugekka said:

I've been playing Persona 5 Strikers lately and toying with the idea that the MoM could be like Demyx's Shadow or Persona. In other words, he could have been another "him" who existed simultaneously in another world. But since it sounds like Demyx is somehow aware of him... ..............What if they've been TOGETHER this whole time? I still think I might've been right about Demyx having dreams about him, but I just think this is a neat idea to consider. You know, something like how Arsene spoke into Akira's mind and then manifested from within him. Arsene only has a physical form in the Metaverse, but he's always part of Akira.

.....tbh, i don't know anything about Persona. But hmm.......well, could be possible. hmmMMM...the MoM keeps confusing me lol

edit: I was just thinking......

......are the worlds that Xehanort and crew visit in DR the same data worlds from UX???

'cause the Heartless aren't supposed to be there, as Eraqus pointed out the Emblem Heartless were projected from the Book of Prophecies during the age of fairytales. .......is it the data worlds??? 

i don't know....just a thought.......

Edited by Double OKP

On 3/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, Double OKP said:

......are the worlds that Xehanort and crew visit in DR the same data worlds from UX???

'cause the Heartless aren't supposed to be there, as Eraqus pointed out the Emblem Heartless were projected from the Book of Prophecies during the age of fairytales. .......is it the data worlds??? 

i don't know....just a thought.......

Excellent point. I took a look at the khdr enemy book and it sure is a whole lot of Emblem Heartless... That should be impossible, right? As far as I know, the Emblem Heartless first appeared as a result of Ansem's research in Radiant Garden. I wouldn't be surprised by pureblood Heartless, but Emblems are artificial.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, setsugekka said:

Excellent point. I took a look at the khdr enemy book and it sure is a whole lot of Emblem Heartless... That should be impossible, right? As far as I know, the Emblem Heartless first appeared as a result of Ansem's research in Radiant Garden. I wouldn't be surprised by pureblood Heartless, but Emblems are artificial.

Yeah...according to KHWiki, Apprentice Xehanort created the first artificial Emblem Heartless. 

Hmm....is that how Xehanort discovered unreality?

In KHUX, the Union Leaders thought they were trapped in the data worlds when those were really data-dream worlds....and data-dream worlds seem to have a connection to unreality.......soooo, if the DR crew were indeed traveling to those, there might've been a way for Xehanort to have found out about unreality.

gosh this is a lot to grasp

edit: ......according to GanganOnline, Nomura...wrote the draft for the KHIII novel....wouldn't that mean that it is canon after all?

Edited by Double OKP

On 3/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, Double OKP said:

.....according to GanganOnline, Nomura...wrote the draft for the KHIII novel....wouldn't that mean that it is canon after all?

I don't doubt that the contents of the KH3 novels and character files are canon. I just question how much the person who penned them was told. Though, hearing that he wrote the DRAFT sounds like he was involved more than I expected. Doesn't that mean that he basically wrote the whole thing and then somebody else edited it? idk if that's correct, but it definitely would make it seem like he was involved more than I even thought.

In other news, this looks like a new discovery. But I'm not sure it means anything. I'm not a game design expert, but I'm pretty sure this means that there were two design textures and the union one was just hidden in the game. It's not that strange if it was something that was used for testing purposes and then they just left it there. That happens all the time. They could've used the whole station setting from Back Cover as a base to work with when they made the KH3 intro.

As you probably recall, that's the station that the Player stands on when you first begin playing khux. It's also in Back Cover when Chirithy is introducing the Foretellers. I know that the average person probably saw that and thought "omgwtfbbq!! Sora's the MoM!!" ...But that station is one we've seen specifically with the keykids. lol It also doesn't include Luxu. I think that's really important. If we ever see the MoM's station, I expect Luxu's emblem to be included. We know that a goat emblem exists for him since it was part of the pattern on the ground during the fight with Xehanort.

Either way, I still think it's most likely just a leftover asset. BUUUUUT... I'm also thinking about how cool it would've been if Ephemer had appeared inside Sora's heart during the "light from the past" scene and it changed Sora's station to the union one. That would've made sense.

Edited by setsugekka

15 hours ago, setsugekka said:

I don't doubt that the contents of the KH3 novels and character files are canon. I just question how much the person who penned them was told. Though, hearing that he wrote the DRAFT sounds like he was involved more than I expected. Doesn't that mean that he basically wrote the whole thing and then somebody else edited it? idk if that's correct, but it definitely would make it seem like he was involved more than I even thought.

I find this interesting 'cause Nomura said this a while ago:

Nomura: First of all, considering manga and short stories, since they’re made when the author’s requests, saying ‘I want to write this’, this isn’t the place to ask for them. Therefore, there’s a possibility if that opinion comes from the writer’s side of it. However, it is dangerous because what is drawn upon in future games may end up conflicting with it. Because of that, if they decide not to do those parts of the game, then maybe it’ll happen.

I don't know where this is exactly from, but I saw someone mentioning this in a topic here on the forums concerning if the novels were canon or not(the post was from 6 years ago).

Sounds like he didn't write the drafts back then. But....why write them...now??

But wait.......according to someone's translation for the KHII novel short stories, Nomura wrote the draft........

i'm so confused

but yeah, i wasn't expecting Nomura to be that involved with the novels. hMmMmM.......

??

iNtErEsTiNg

but it probably doesn't mean anything sadly.....

well...MAYBE.........

Edited by Double OKP

EH?!

Wait

wait a sec

i just realized......but in the Re:Mind Yozora boss fight endings.......

..............only Sora crystallizes. Yozora doesn't, he just vanishes within that blue light...........why'd only Sora crystallize.........??

On 3/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, Double OKP said:

..............only Sora crystallizes. Yozora doesn't, he just vanishes within that blue light...........why'd only Sora crystallize.........??

When Sora beats him, Yozora says that his powers must not have been needed. I've been assuming that Yozora was somehow responsible for his crystallization, and that's specifically how he was supposed to "save" Sora.

It reminds me of Serah's crystallization, in a way. Now, I don't think Sora is a l'Cie, but here's how it worked for her... If a l'Cie doesn't fulfill their focus, they'll turn into a monstrous Cie'th. If they DO fulfill their focus, they turn into a crystal. Serah didn't directly fulfill the focus she was given, but she was able to turn into a crystal because she passed her responsibility to Lightning and the others. Even though Lightning thought that her turning to crystal meant that she died, it actually meant that she avoided turning into a Cie'th. People who are turned to crystal can be freed later.

So it might be something like that. It seems distressing to see Sora as a crystal, but Yozora might have been saving him from something by doing that.

19 hours ago, setsugekka said:

When Sora beats him, Yozora says that his powers must not have been needed. I've been assuming that Yozora was somehow responsible for his crystallization, and that's specifically how he was supposed to "save" Sora.

Yeah....for some reason, I thought that Yozora was crystallized in the other ending (for whatever reason). 

hmmmm...but i wonder what Yozora was saving Sora from. Well, I guess we don't have enough information to go on yet....but hmmmmmmmmm

I'm super curious as to what the story reason for the KHUX shutdown is (I'm sure there's one. There was even one for PvP). The fact that we won't be able to even play the story quests perplexes me. We will only be able to view the cutscenes, the memories of KHUX, so to speak. I don't see why they couldn't have kept the story quests for others to play. I mean, they're doing that for DR......

wait

the DR quests aren't replayable upon finishing.......but the cutscenes will be avaliable in the additional theater mode. 

...is it because [Player] and Xehanort are both dead?!

oh gosh

3 hours ago, Double OKP said:

...is it because [Player] and Xehanort are both dead?!

That's an interesting thought. But I'm not sure. I think they just don't want to rebalance the game. lol There are MANY quests that seemed totally pointless, especially once you had some strong medals that could beat every enemy in one hit. It would seem cruel to make new players play through all of those just to see the story. That's why they removed the AP limitations on the story quests in the first place, so people could speed through. But yeah, I feel like they should at least give some kind of story explanation for why it's like that now.

So, I'm really starting to accept the possibility that the MoM could be ANOTHER Demyx. But thinking about that also made me realize something... Have we thought about this yet? Isn't it possible that Yozora originally looked like Sora?? The only thing that makes me kind of question it is the fact that he didn't react like "Whoa, why does this kid look like a younger me!?"

20 hours ago, setsugekka said:

That's an interesting thought. But I'm not sure. I think they just don't want to rebalance the game. lol There are MANY quests that seemed totally pointless, especially once you had some strong medals that could beat every enemy in one hit. It would seem cruel to make new players play through all of those just to see the story. That's why they removed the AP limitations on the story quests in the first place, so people could speed through. But yeah, I feel like they should at least give some kind of story explanation for why it's like that now.

There's that too. Like, grinding those 900+ quests takes several months (at least for me), and most of the main story is in the much later quests. But yeah, there's gotta be a story reason. Wonder what Nomura's got this time around.

20 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Isn't it possible that Yozora originally looked like Sora?? The only thing that makes me kind of question it is the fact that he didn't react like "Whoa, why does this kid look like a younger me!?"

If he was, then I'd expect a much, much more shocked reaction lol. But hmm, maybe.....

Speaking of Yozora, I saw a theory here on the forums about the possibility that Yozora is using Riku as a host. Do you think that could be possible? 

On 3/16/2021 at 6:14 PM, Double OKP said:

Speaking of Yozora, I saw a theory here on the forums about the possibility that Yozora is using Riku as a host. Do you think that could be possible? 

I think a lot of things are definitely possible... This thought doesn't sound farfetched to me, but that post also didn't really convince me of anything. lol Just by looking at him, we can tell that Yozora must have some kind of connection to Riku, though. At the moment, I'm still leaning toward the idea I saw on Twitter a while ago - the one where Yozora looks like Riku because his new/temporary appearance was based on someone from Sora's memories.

Did you hear that the character files book is going to get an English release? It's coming out in October. I'm really excited for that. I wonder if any of my questions will be answered before then... October is a long time away.

Did you hear that the character files book is going to get an English release? It's coming out in October. I'm really excited for that. I wonder if any of my questions will be answered before then... October is a long time away.

Yeah! My eyes popped wide open when I first saw the announcement lol. I'm super excited, but October is a long ways....

I realized something about this type of Keyhole:

4u54xAgclCOhNL_VLAJF-zlnmOzjZpHHkWMVyBL9KFBQP7_VJ1k_GjY7_RJMPhs7y6GfAiqB81ZtJUT-VGBIT3iqLy-kbXgVAdKq84LI_8TfUe7mRueFvZIrInXi80BJGJ8P6os3

It only appears in events concerning dreams.

These first appeared in Dream Drop Distance, when Sora and Riku seal the seven Keyholes of the Sleeping Worlds. Then they appear in KHIII, when Sora leaves the Final World, when the Guardians of Light enter the dream version of Scala Ad Caelum, then when Sora goes to the Final World to confront Chirithy about saving Kairi. 

I don't know if this is something important, but hmmmm.....

So I've been wondering and wondering and wondering about that dream version of Scala Ad Caelum in KHIII. Like, how did Eraqus and Xehanort ascend to Kingdom Hearts in a dream? How come Sora had to close Kingdom Hearts in there when it's just a dream version, not the real world? Why was it perilous in a dream?

I think I found the answers to my questions. I think.

In KHIII, Chirithy said:

Sleep and death touch, and one can't help the occasional crossover.

Maybe Eraqus and Xehanort were able to go back to the real Kingdom Hearts through the dream version? Or maybe they did something similar to the Guardians of Light; like how they went through a Keyhole to the other side of Kingdom Hearts (well, it appears that way. When they go through in Re:Mind, it looks like they're going into Kingdom Hearts, and then in KHIII, from Sora's perspective, it looks like they're coming from Kingdom Hearts)? Maybe.

Then I was wondering why Kingdom Hearts was a threat to the real world when it was a dream version. How was Xehanort gonna restart the world with an unreal version of Kingdom Hearts? Then I remembered.......that there's a KH game....that's called Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

.......Is it that, in order to restart the World, for its rebirth, so to speak, it needs to do that.....through sleep?? Ansem the Wise even says (in KHBBS's secret ending 'Blank Points'):

So many are still waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep

.............is that why Xehanort was going to use that dream version of Kingdom Hearts??? If so, then what better place to do it than Scala Ad Caelum, the very birthplace of the World after the second Keyblade War

This is speculation at best, but hmmmm.......makes me go off wondering again.

Speaking of the aforementioned Chirithy line, Marluxia's attribute is death, right? But he uses the power of sleep on Sora in KHIII in Kingdom of Corona. Sleep and death.....hMmMmMmM.......well, it might just be a coincidence but......*shrugs*

20 hours ago, Double OKP said:

.............is that why Xehanort was going to use that dream version of Kingdom Hearts??? If so, then what better place to do it than Scala Ad Caelum, the very birthplace of the World after the second Keyblade War

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me. idk why I never thought about that... But yeah, I think you could be right.

So, how about that khux update?

I don't think it made me feel like I was wrong about anything, but it did add some things, so I have to readjust my thinking again. The fact that the MoM arranged things so that he could use the Book of Prophecies as a way to set up a waypoint for himself reminds me of one of my EARLIEST theories: I speculated that he might've had his heart in the black box and was using THAT as his waypoint to go from the past to the point in the future where he met YMX. So I'm actually not shocked by this revelation. lol Since the No Name was his waypoint (or perhaps just the Gazing Eye itself?), that means he could technically go wherever the keyblade went. Which is nearly everywhere.

I'm still very confused about how the Ark (lifeboat) works, but I think I may have thought of something...

When Maleficent used the pod in the data world, it took her back to the real world where there were still six pods. One (the seventh) was missing. I'm still not sure who all ended up taking the pods, BUT, I think that the pods in the "real world" count as A SEPARATE SET OF PODS. So that's just something to keep in mind.

So the MoM presumably took a pod to the future to meet YMX. But then what did he do after that? Was he the one who built the pods in Radiant Garden? Because I can't think of any other way he would've been able to send himself off to Quadratum after that. But... That still might've just been a dream. So maybe he wasn't there yet? All we know for sure is that Xehanort never saw him again after he met him when he was young.

The person in the white sheet is definitely something nobody saw coming. Uh... My first instinct says it's Ventus, but... Would that make sense? I'm not sure when and WHERE that scene was supposed to be taking place. If it was during the fight between Darkness and the Dandelions, then the condition of the room seems to suggest that it was in the real world version of the room where the pod hadn't been smashed. And, obviously, if it was taking place at the same time, then the person couldn't have been Ventus. I've seen people saying it's Strelitzia, but I think that's just wishful thinking. Unless somebody grabbed her heart before it could float away, I don't think that's her.

Personally? Me, personally? I, uh... I mean, just using my EYES... I don't think there's anything IN that sheet? Like, there's nothing physically there. I could be wrong, but... It looks like an empty sheet. If there was a person in there, I would have expected something more like a blank face with a shadow obscuring their features.

I've also seen people saying that it's Demyx. I understand where they're coming from. lol People are anxious to see him. And referring to the Sheet Person as "the true Dandelion" does evoke the image of a person who refused to partake in battle. But... idk, it doesn't sound right to me. The words "true Dandelion" makes me think of "the true Agito", who would be... Either Ventus or Sora, by my estimate. I can't think of why it would be Sora without making up something really contrived, though. LOL I mean, Sora was born on Destiny Islands, right? He was a really little kid during BBS. I don't think he was sent from the past. We've never heard anything about him being adopted. Just seems unlikely.

Something everybody seems to be forgetting is the fact that Demyx mentioned the MoM in his character file story. He is aware of him SOMEHOW. So I see two possibilities for Demyx here: Either he IS the person in the sheet and the MoM personally selected him from Ava's Dandelions, meaning that he knows about the MoM because that's how they met. OR, y'know, it's still like I've been saying this whole time where he's some other version of the MoM and he's aware of him in the same way that Xehanort was aware of Player.

Speaking of which, here's the official translation of what Chirithy said to Player about Venelope:

"She's a princess, but in her heart she's a racer. It goes to show that sometimes people aren't what they seem. That can be said for anyone. Another version of yourself could be hiding inside your heart."

"You shouldn't judge anyone by appearance" and all that. Maybe Demyx is the Sheet Person AND he's the MoM's other self. There's literally nothing that can prove that wrong. lmao I'm not saying I believe it, but... It's a possibility I'm willing to entertain.

My main point here is that they wouldn't have mentioned things like "another version of yourself" if something like that wasn't going to be relevant. I haven't forgotten about it and I'm not letting it go until it's resolved.

While talking to someone about this, I had a new thought, though... What if it could work in reverse? Like, if we assume that Demyx is the MoM's other self inside his heart, then what if they swapped places, so Demyx is on the outside while MoM is inside? idk if that's possible, but dang, that sure is a THOUGHT.

The part where Darkness was talking to the MoM on the hill reminded me of the end of the first cycle of Agito where Gala was talking to Arecia.

???: In the end, the humans were able to defeat the Judge. They’ve certainly exceeded our expectations.
???: Humans have the will and power to resist destruction. In order to survive, continue to struggle and show us new possibilities.
???: As long as things repeat in this fashion, it seems they may one day reach the “solution” I seek. This is also what you desire–
???: Is it not?

–…

???: Yes… May each person follow their role. Let us turn the wheel of time.
???: Until humans are able to overcome the end they do not desire and arrive at a new answer…

Just felt like pointing that out. lol

The way that Luxu talks to Darkness vs the way he talks to the MoM reminded me of how Lean talks to the cadets vs the way he talks to Marshal Cid, too. That was cute. He sounded so smug. Goes to show that Xigbar didn't "change." He was always like that. He just wasn't like that around the MoM.

Oh, and we found out that Ventus was the "you" who the Darklings were looking for! ...Isn't that what I said?

I get the impression that Darkness calls themselves "we" because they're an embodiment of ALL the Darkness. So it's possible for Vanitas to just be a part of it. I think he wants to join together with Ventus because it seems like all of the darkness (including the Darklings) have a desire for light.

Yeah, close enough.

There are people who are still expecting to see Luxord in khux... God help them. Unless we get a flash forward to Quadratum, that's never happening.

OH, one more small thing.

grOi2EF.png

idk if this was intentional, but that's the title of the main theme song of Type-0.

Fight, Warriors of Rubrum!
As the false world created by Mother comes to an end once again.

Nomura's sure taking "false world" literally with this one.

RU2d0PA.png

It seems like they totally got rid of this line in the NA version, which is a shame. He's saying "Luxu-kun. You're such a downer~"

Just for my own amusement, I feel like mentioning something from Jack's pages in the Type-0 World Preview book.

The inflection he places on the words at the ends of his sentences with a tilde (~) demonstrates his “nonchalance.” He has incredible mental strength, shown in the way he maintains the same attitude no matter what type of opponent he faces.

It seems like a little thing, but the fact that the MoM keeps using the ~ feels significant to me because it's a thing that even official sources found noteworthy about Jack's characterization.

Anyway, sorry if that was a lot of rambling. There might've been something smart in there somewhere. lol