Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
setsugekka

More MoM Answers Than You Even Want

On 5/2/2021 at 11:09 PM, setsugekka said:

It makes me wonder who Odin really is... He couldn't be Brain, right? I still feel pretty sure that Brain was Eraqus's grandpa. But if Odin were Brain, then that should've been obvious by now, right? We've had no indication that Eraqus is related to Odin...

I guess Odin could just be a new character who was friends with Brain or something, so he knew about the sleeping world, and he sent the kids there so they could wake the world up. Something like that.

Hmm.........I highly doubt that Odin is Brain (that'd be super weird too). The only thing that makes them a little similar is their hats lol.

Oh! Brain said that "if no one goes back, then no one there will know what happened here", implying that he told someone about it in the future sometime, so Odin sending them there to wake the world would make sense! .....Kinda? Wouldn't Odin tell them what they were supposed to do though? instead of telling them to "go and broaden your horizons"?

Or..........what if.....maybe Odin thinks he's sending them to the real world, but in actuality, a Darkness is leading them there to set Xehanort onto the Dark Road so that the last prophecy of the Book, which prophecies Darkness' victory over light (something they'd definitely want), will come true. ....Would that make sense?

Now I'm wondering what Odin would say to the lower classmen's discovery of Emblem Heartless 'in the real world', because they decided to not tell him about their findings. I have a feeling that's something he wouldn't be expecting.....

LEGIT, I wondered if there could've been two Master's Defenders. LOL But it made my brain twist into a pretzel when I tried to figure out how that would work, so... Yyyeeeah, maybe not...

I'm trying not to think too hard about how the keyblade stayed on the shore. lol Like you said, it doesn't make the most sense.

LOL SAME

That......that Keyblade MUST have made its way back to the real world. It MUST have. There's no way it doesn't...........if it doesn't, my mind's gonna explode

If I could find these in Japanese, I'd like to see what they originally say for "the Five." I have a feeling it might've just been "the five" with, like, a lowercase F. Nothing special about it. Just any five kids, not necessarily the five new union leaders. The assumptions of the localizer might've been what messed that one up.

I found a Youtube video going over all of them and also someone's post on a Japanese site that had them all. I'll put Secret Reports 11-13 here: 

Secret Report 11:

Spoiler

観察記1 ー

ロストページに書かれたとおりに起きる
キーブレード戦争を見届けた。
次にマスターから授かったキーブレードを継承する必要がある。
生き残ったダンデライオンから選出された
ユニオンリーダーの5名。
この中の誰かにキーブレードを引き継ぎ、
俺はこれからもその行く末を見ていなければならない。

しかしそのユニオンリーダーの選出メンバーに、
密かな入れ替えが起きたようだ。
マスターが選ばなかった想定外のメンバー。
いわばマスターの書いたプログラムに
ウイルスが侵入したようなもの。

このウイルスがおかしな行動をはじめた。
無謀な脱出を計画し
5人をまた別の世界線へ送り出そうとしている。
そんなことが可能なのか?
キーブレード戦争後、
ダンデライオンを別の世界線に移した計画と同じだが、
マスターでもないあの少年たちに
そんなことが実行可能だとは思えない。
わざわざ未来から誘い込んだ魔女が鍵を握っているようだ。

ユニオンリーダーに関しては、
もっとシンプルな計画だとは思っていたが、
いや、それすらマスターの意志によるものなのか?

筆者不明

Secret Report 12:

Spoiler

観察記2 ー

キーブレード戦争が起きない世界線であっても
平和ではなかった。
マスターや我々弟子が不在になってから、
"闇"が現れたのだ。
闇の台頭によって世界は再び終焉を迎える。
混乱の中、マスターの指示通り
ユニオンリーダーの1人にキーブレードを継承した。
そして、犠牲を伴い別の世界線へと送り出された5人。
これでキーブレード使いの血脈は途絶えることはないだろう。
キーブレードを失った自分も、
最後の使命を果たすためにこの地を去る。
この体を捨て、心を他の器へと移しつづけるのだ。

そしてこのまま時代を見つめ、先の時代へと進み、いずれ別の世界線へと送り出された5人にも、数年、数十年、数百年、先の時代で会うことになるだろう。

繰り返される継承の歴史のどこかで、
キーブレード戦争を再現する"選ばれし者"が現れる。
その者が"贖罪の山羊"たるキーブレードを手にした時、
俺は最後の使命を果たすために再び動きはじめる。

ロストマスターの目覚めだ。

筆者不明

Secret Report 13:

Spoiler

観察記3 ー

どうやら今回の体と名前で最後になりそうだ。
いくつもの体と名前を経た自分のことに関しては
また機会があれば、
ここでは割愛しておく。

キーブレードは長い時代を経て順調に継承され、
ようやく闇に傾倒するキーブレードマスターが誕生しそうだ。
これまで遠くからキーブレードを監視してきたが、
俺も舞台に上がる頃合いか。
キーブレードの力を欲し近づく愚者を演じればいい。
彼の協力者として、その傍らで我がキーブレードを見守る。

見つめる目。
マスター・オブ・マスターから託されたキーブレード。
マスターの目を用いて作られたキーブレードを
未来へと繋げ、その目を通してマスターは未来を見る。
体を入れ替えながら時代を超え、
そのキーブレードを見守るのも俺の使命。
長い時間だ。途方もなく長い。

いよいよこの時代でキーブレード戦争がはじまり、
キングダムハーツが開かれる。
光と闇の衝突によって生み出される真のキングダムハーツ。
かつての仲間たちとの再会はもうすぐ。
それによって俺の使命も結実する。
そして彼の帰還も…

筆者不明

The localization completely gives me the impression that 'the Five' is always referring to the Union Leaders. With Google Translate, I get a very different impression.....but I'm not gonna trust Google!! lol

edit: There's apparently something very interesting in the Verum Rex mini game, Beat of Lead:

5natjMm95GJTdQmDKp-5dY1cDbpuMUEkUzAcAKKVzvGcor-lnjOB5QIUM7Lwm3nxU1Cn1ztJlNBh2gxVJsIObXM8DckXBjMPI5WlLYUpj3-he6vP1r3DYWlYF54hxi6gcDAzjhnc

Those are.....crystal balls.

Crystals.

Edited by Double OKP

On 5/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, Double OKP said:

edit: There's apparently something very interesting in the Verum Rex mini game, Beat of Lead

Wowww... Huh, that's super interesting. I obviously never saw that. That really gives me a good think.

idk if I really have anything to add. I just feel bad for not saying anything in this thread for a long time. lol

Oh wait, I actually do kind of have something. Not like it's going to matter soon since khux ends tomorrow night, but...

A3CMOlS.jpg

This is looking like what I've been saying! Tempus Finis!! To me, it looks like maybe the world was covered with the red sky, and then this is the moment when it all vanished, so the red sky orb is closing, taking everything with it. And then everything that's left collapses and sinks into the ocean.

Here was the view of Akademeia during Tempus Finis (the end of the world).

xDpE844.jpg

And then it all sinks...

VagkvNt.jpg

NQ4UwYi.jpg

tlkuR67.jpg

So, something like this. I mentioned it a while back. There was that one page in the artbook that said that a light from the sky came down, but it looks like debris is being carried up into the sky first.

All I know is that seeing any hint of something that looks like a red sky makes me go "I knew it. I was right." lol

There's also that one asset from the device in Scala ad Caelum that made it look like the Clock Tower is dyed red for some reason. *stares in Type-0 lore*

Right before you see Rem and Machina's crystals, there's also this part where you can see debris floating in the sky around Pandaemonium.

O6dgNT8.jpg

It looks like it's just suspended there, like time has stopped in that area. Panadaemonium is a really weird place... There are areas that seem to transport you to totally different places. Bodies of dead cadets are resurrected like zombies to fight you. It's really dark. I don't know if khux is going to go there. lol Pandaemonium wasn't part of Agito, so I don't think it was in the original Agito XIII concept. In Type-0, Pandaemonium rises from the ocean and the cadets have to fly there to face the Judge. In Agito, the Judge seizes Akademeia, the world's last bastion, and the cadets have to fight them on the terrace. Something tells me we won't have any battles, though. I expect it to just be nothing but cutscenes again.

1 hour ago, setsugekka said:

idk if I really have anything to add. I just feel bad for not saying anything in this thread for a long time. lol

Oh no that's okay! I also hadn't found anything recently haha.

Oh wait, I actually do kind of have something. Not like it's going to matter soon since khux ends tomorrow night, but...

Whoa! I did not notice that. That's totally Tempus Finis! Very interesting.....

Ah, then it all sinks. I'm about 99.9%.....no, 100% sure it's gonna happen like that in KHUX lol.

About that red ball (I don't know what to call it) in the sky, people were comparing it to the one in KH1 that appeared when the Destiny Islands was being engulfed in darkness. But for some reason I wasn't reminded of that. It actually brought to mind this in KH3:

1CHo4CskctsWtndtkMt3_9UTWNgULR68UMWAUP_Y9MiSqwJBZJ0t01v8C3Ww2ZB-mAzIjtge_ZkHoSlYZID4DmUQ6eJHykPHgwaACLhxkOyHwMuHrLBbuSV7nvVZLT7QwB0ZfKG9

It's the core of the Demon Tide. And who happens to be fighting it with Sora? Ephemer and the UX crew.

Wonder if there's a connection.......

Bodies of dead cadets are resurrected like zombies to fight you. It's really dark. I don't know if khux is going to go there.

Ooooh if that were in KHUX I would freak out. That's probably not gonna happen. Maybe bunches of Darklings appear or something, but....probably not that lol.

Something tells me we won't have any battles, though. I expect it to just be nothing but cutscenes again.

I hope not, but it definitely could turn out like that. I can't think of a boss that would appear besides Darkness...........

Wait. 

What about Dark Chirithy?

Ehhhhhh nevermind, that's not likely.....right?? Meh, I'm just gonna wait 'till the update arrives lol. I get way too excited for KHUX

55 minutes ago, Double OKP said:

It's the core of the Demon Tide. And who happens to be fighting it with Sora? Ephemer and the UX crew.

I've seen that comparison. If it's the same, that sounds like an appropriate place to see it, so it sounds possible to me. It looks more like a sky inside the orb to me, though.

However... THAT orb also reminds me of something else.

lA8raWa.jpg

sExza3V.jpg

When you reach Pandaemonium, you see this thing looming in the sky right behind/over the place. I actually have no idea what it's supposed to be... All I know is that it has the Eye of Etro inside it, which is never a good sign. lol That usually means death of some sort.

I'm too excited, too. There are all kinds of things I want to happen, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. I really hope Zero plays in the end over some credits or something. But I know that copyright would probably never allow it...

edit: I asked the Type-0 chat what they think it is. Walking into it is what takes you to the final boss, so it acts like a portal gameplay-wise. So far, theories range from "it's a superior being" to "it's just a portal." To me, it looks like something that was supposed to have a meaning, but then it received no explanation.

Edited by setsugekka

7 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

When you reach Pandaemonium, you see this thing looming in the sky right behind/over the place. I actually have no idea what it's supposed to be... All I know is that it has the Eye of Etro inside it, which is never a good sign. lol That usually means death of some sort.

Hmm interesting.....seems like it's there because the world is meeting its 'death'? i dunno lol

13 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

I'm too excited, too. There are all kinds of things I want to happen, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.

Yeah.......seriously though, how long is this update going to be?? It might be just me, but it seems like there's still a lot that needs resolving in UX. For instance........:

What happened to Ava?! What happened to the Foretellers?! What happened to the black box and Maleficent thinking a Book is in it?! What happened to the Master's Defender and how'd it get back to the real world?!?! WHAT'S THE MASTER OF MASTERS HIDING UNDER THAT GEAR UNDER THE TABLE?!?! 

I......have.......so.......many.........QUESTIONS

lol

18 minutes ago, Double OKP said:

What happened to Ava?! What happened to the Foretellers?! What happened to the black box and Maleficent thinking a Book is in it?! What happened to the Master's Defender and how'd it get back to the real world?!?! WHAT'S THE MASTER OF MASTERS HIDING UNDER THAT GEAR UNDER THE TABLE?!?! 

These questions are all so valid...

I think the biggest thing we NEED to see is who Luxu gives the No Name to. I thought it had to be Brain, but Brain already left. So unless Luxu handed it to him at an earlier time off-screen, then... Does he give it to him in the next world? The secret reports seemed to imply that he handed it off before the world ended, though. At least, that was my impression. So........ Was everyone mistaken about who received the No Name? idk, that one's really confusing to me...

I'd like to know what happened with Ephemer and Player - and perhaps find out why Xehanort was having dreams of Player's life. Maybe khdr will explain.

YEAH. THE GEAR UNDER THE TABLE. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??????????

MoM implied that he was going to use a pod for himself, but I'd like to actually SEE what he does... I really need something that will help explain how he goes from that body to Demyx. I need something to connect A and B here. lol I know these pieces go together somehow!!

I've been thinking about Demyx's character file and how funny it is... They really didn't have to mention the MoM at all, but they did. I'm astounded. I'm sure that the intention was to make people think that MoM and Demyx are separate people. But by mentioning him, it also tells us that they ARE connected which is something we didn't even know for sure before. I get a kick out of it because it reminds me of criminals who talk to the police and media because they think that being so forthright will make them look innocent. Meanwhile, they weren't on anyone's radar until they made themselves known. Incredible.

Everybody on twitter keeps going "WHERE'S DEMYX!" but I don't expect to see him at all. (I'd like to, though.) On that note, I've also seen people saying "WHERE'S LUXORD!" but I don't think we'll see him, either. I explained how the "keyblade legacy" line was a mess. I think he's just always been a Verum Rex guy.

Man, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when we finally know everything. I've been thinking about this stuff for so long. ?

9 hours ago, setsugekka said:

I think the biggest thing we NEED to see is who Luxu gives the No Name to. I thought it had to be Brain, but Brain already left. So unless Luxu handed it to him at an earlier time off-screen, then... Does he give it to him in the next world? The secret reports seemed to imply that he handed it off before the world ended, though. At least, that was my impression. So........ Was everyone mistaken about who received the No Name? idk, that one's really confusing to me...

Wait...........Brain didn't leave yet. He left the data world, but we don't know about the real one just yet. So it's possible Luxu gave it to him after the latter's fight with Darkness. Maybe.

10 hours ago, setsugekka said:

MoM implied that he was going to use a pod for himself, but I'd like to actually SEE what he does... I really need something that will help explain how he goes from that body to Demyx. I need something to connect A and B here. lol I know these pieces go together somehow!!

He definitely did, but uh.......that means he has to appear before Daybreak Town sinks. Would he just suddenly appear right in front of everyone? lol not sure how that's supposed to work. But yeah, what about Demyx?? Confusin...............

Everybody on twitter keeps going "WHERE'S DEMYX!" but I don't expect to see him at all. (I'd like to, though.) On that note, I've also seen people saying "WHERE'S LUXORD!" but I don't think we'll see him, either. I explained how the "keyblade legacy" line was a mess. I think he's just always been a Verum Rex guy.

I've seen people like that right now haha. 

I really hope that 'Keyblade legacy' line will at the end make sense....in a way at least. It'd be terrible if it made 0% sense at all; then most fans would be suuuper confused, which would be an absolute pain to watch.

Man, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when we finally know everything. I've been thinking about this stuff for so long. ?

Me neither lol.

Gosh, I can't wait for this update. Hopefully it'll give us a lot of answers.....

That was...............

okay, I have no clue where to start. Umm......let's see......well, I'll start from the beginning and jump around lol.

Spoiler

I'm getting more and more curious about the first Keyblade War now. There were 7 lights and 13 Darknesses back then and now. But......umm........uh. Aren't the 13 Darknesses supposed to be the 13 pieces of the broken χ-blade? But then the χ-blade was supposed to be destroyed in the second Keyblade War right??? So that's not true now?!?! Like WHAT?!?!?! 

So, among those 13, there are 7 exceptionally strong ones, which are in the MoM, Luxu, and the Foretellers. Absolutely crazy and I would've never thought of that. Then, there are the remaining 6; one is in Ventus, four are eternally trapped in the doorway to Game Central Station (which I find absolutely crazy how important that place is), and the MoM says this concerning the last one:

Once we disappear, along with the 5 Union Leaders, one more will be locked away in this world.

THEN THE MoM STRAIGHT OUT JUST CONFIRMS LUXU IS THE TRAITOR. 

I don't know what to say about that 'cause it's all messing with me head. 

(Everglow's translation says that five of the remaining six will be trapped in the Union Leaders while Cherrim's is different.....so I'm not exactly sure what's said)

The MoM talking and revealing the fictional world is verrrry interesting. Not sure what to say about it honestly.

And then another goodbye.....and Lauriam, Elrena, and Ven go get amnesia. Because no one remembers them. Which doesn't make sense. Because they did arrive. *sigh*

Then another unexpected happens.......and it's awfully fishy.

THOSE DARN SECRET REPORTS! It said Luxu 'passed down the No Name to one of the Five'. He didn't pass anything down, he outright took Brain as a vessel. But there's something extremely fishy about that. The scene at the end where Luxu lifts his hood and it's Brain's face......that's the exact same scene at the very end of Back Cover, except of course that Brain reveal wasn't there. (Well, there was a little hint. People are now freaking out because someone found out there's a strand of hair that can be seen in that scene, which is like part of Brain's bangs or somethin) But if he was possessing Brain, then..............why's his voice in that Back Cover scene the same as before when he was himself and not possessing anyone????? His voice should be different....right????

Oh my goodness.......I was shocked when Ephemer and Skuld themselves were the final boss of KHUX. That was so brutal. AH and Player's acting was magnificent.........and then before departing Skuld and Ephemer crying.......gosh so sad ?

then....THEN THE DREAM EATERS?!?! THEY WERE THE DANDELIONS' CHIRITHIES ALL ALONG?!?!?! ??

And Player was indeed Xehanort! Well, I'm kinda confused with that. Cherrim's translation is the Player will 'fuse with a new heart' but Everglow's is the Player will 'dissolve into a new heart'. I dunno........

And some new characters! who the heck are they. Like, why does that woman look like Skuld??? There's no way she's not Subject X. No way. And who's that old hooded person?! So many questions and no answers grrr...

And that place that's supposedly is Scala........is it just me, or does it look nothing like Scala?? Maybe it's a different island??? It's such a beautiful place though! oh my gosh and that new person, Sigurd. I wanna know who they are!! 

From the technology that Sigurd is using, it appears that this is Scala after Xehanort's time. Seems to me that way. Kinda. 

Well, that was the most heartbreaking, awesome update ever. I'm really sad that KHUX is done. It's been.....quite a ride......?

Edited by Double OKP

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Double OKP said:

But if he was possessing Brain, then..............why's his voice in that Back Cover scene the same as before when he was himself and not possessing anyone????? His voice should be different....right????

Hmm... I think we aren't supposed to think too hard about that. I know it's weird, but. *shrug* It reminds me of how Lean Joker refers to Machina as "his other self" and it made the Type-0 community think he meant that they were literally the same person for ages (not helped by the fact that his model even has Machina's face under the hood), but then that was deconfirmed multiple times. lol

3 hours ago, Double OKP said:

And Player was indeed Xehanort! Well, I'm kinda confused with that. Cherrim's translation is the Player will 'fuse with a new heart' but Everglow's is the Player will 'dissolve into a new heart'. I dunno........

I don't think there's a terrible difference, either way. All I care about is the fact that I was right! LOL I can't believe it... I was really ready to give up on the whole idea of reincarnation, but it was TRUE!

You know what that means - Demyx might know the MoM for the same reason that Xehanort knows of Player. That theory still lives!

Based on Cherrim's translation, I got the impression that the MoM wanted to go somewhere like the Unseen Realm. Darkness even says something like "after you throw away your body", so... He killed himself, didn't he? MoM took the ultimate nap. And then he returned just in time, right when Luxu's role was about to be fulfilled, joining his heart with Demyx's. And then he continued his vacation. ??

2 hours ago, Double OKP said:

There's no way she's not Subject X. No way. And who's that old hooded person?! So many questions and no answers grrr...

I think that's just supposed to be Xehanort's mother.

There's something very strange about Scala ad Caelum. I think it must have some connection with the Final World. (All the buildings made of salt... Built on the water... "Stairway to heaven"... Xehanort referring to it as "the nexus from which all worlds spring" or whatever...)

The woman was crying, like she didn't want to give up her child. The town might also function like a station for reincarnation. New children could be born there and are cared for by women who act like midwives, then the children are handed off to people who are about to die (the old man) and the new child takes their place in the cycle of life and death. That's a very literal interpretation, but I think it really might be that literal.

So, overall, I'm okay with this update. I'm really bothered that we didn't receive any word about Ava, though.

Spoiler

On 5/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, setsugekka said:

Hmm... I think we aren't supposed to think too hard about that. I know it's weird, but. *shrug*

I think I'm taking it too seriously lol.

I don't think there's a terrible difference, either way. All I care about is the fact that I was right! LOL I can't believe it... I was really ready to give up on the whole idea of reincarnation, but it was TRUE!

Yeah! The minute I saw it my mouth dropped. I was expecting a confirmation about that, but actually getting it was......lol

You know what that means - Demyx might know the MoM for the same reason that Xehanort knows of Player. That theory still lives!

Based on Cherrim's translation, I got the impression that the MoM wanted to go somewhere like the Unseen Realm. Darkness even says something like "after you throw away your body", so... He killed himself, didn't he? MoM took the ultimate nap. And then he returned just in time, right when Luxu's role was about to be fulfilled, joining his heart with Demyx's. And then he continued his vacation. ??

*gasps* That makes complete sense! The puzzle piece fits!

I think that's just supposed to be Xehanort's mother.

Yeah......I think Nomura just made her look like Skuld to mess with our minds.

The woman was crying, like she didn't want to give up her child. The town might also function like a station for reincarnation. New children could be born there and are cared for by women who act like midwives, then the children are handed off to people who are about to die (the old man) and the new child takes their place in the cycle of life and death. That's a very literal interpretation, but I think it really might be that literal.

That.....sounds.......kinda dark....but...still....makes sense......

I'm really bothered that we didn't receive any word about Ava, though.

Mhmmm.............it would've been nice to hear about her......

And uhhhh....also.....uhmm....unless I missed something......

Nomura. Forgot. 

Two years ago:

Q: Maleficent seems to think the Book of Prophecies is inside the box...

Nomura: Yes she does. It’s still not clear when she came to think so, but it will be revealed in KHUx going forward.

Uhhh yeahhhhhhhh Nomura? I didn't catch the reveal?? 

I wasn't super excited about this or anything, but......I guess Nomura just forgot lol. Unless it's not in plain sight and I need to look again......

I also would've liked information about that gear.....oh well...... This update was already packed as is, so I can't complain!

HOW DID ERAQUS GET THE MASTER'S DEFENDER I WONDER?????

edit: Oh wait, also.........what's this symbol supposed to be??? I can't remember what it is........:

zzzakRNxqtB9A1eSERnbJuSdOAvoSFinBpB_tQLre70WvXprKOhHBjGPblZ54D-CrSwdYcEztAQxuZoVPMqWzdWkMX_SENKWEgB6UpU68Qgx3FxCXyRqsqmp0usOgf37NjvXdjTj

edit: I found out that this symbol is a reference mark in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean texts, and it's also used to emphasize something's importance or something....

Edited by Double OKP

This new Final Fantasy Origins is uhhhhh........

Very. Fishy.

First, you hear 'Chaos' almost every second of the trailer, and Chaos is important in the FNC:

Chaos is the blessing Etro granted mankind in the form of hearts.

And, of course, hearts are important in KH. 

Then the first line in the trailer......:

"With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts..."

.......which screams KH, reminds me of this line on the back of the Verum Rex video game:

In the light of the warhead in the night sky, they chose to fight while feeling the pain of their hearts..

Well, they are different, but for some reason was the first thing that popped into my head pretty much.

THEN, almost every single attack has to end in crystallizing the enemy, shattering it.

THEN the main character, Jack (AHEM WHO NAMED HIM), has to look like Luxord. And his Japanese VA is the same VA for Luxu (that probably doesn't mean anything though.....right???)

AND THEN THE CHARACTER DESIGNER IS NOMURA. AND HE HAS TO SAY THIS:

Even though this is a FINAL FANTASY game, it doesn't feel like one. However, the blood of FINAL FANTASY runs thick with this game even so.

I'm going crazy.

Very crazy.

Right?????

Edited by Double OKP

On 6/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, Double OKP said:

This new Final Fantasy Origins is uhhhhh........

I've been following every bit of this since it was announced, and I shall give you my take...

First of all, I don't think you're crazy. lol I think there's DEFINITELY something weird going on with it, but I'm not sure if it bears any relevance to Kingdom Hearts.

I think it's an isekai. I might've mentioned that term before...? But if you aren't familiar, it's where people from the real world are transported into a fantasy world. I saw a translation on twitter which maaay or may nooot have been real. I don't know if this person was just meme'ing, but here it is:

opxZJPT.jpg

I don't know where this came from, but I would believe it. lol It's not that far from what I think the story or "twist" could actually be.

The renders of the characters make them all look like regular people from the real world. Details about the story are very sparse. It's like they want you to believe that these characters are part of this universe, but I think everybody's already figured out the twist - that they're from the real world.

However, I think there's another twist. There's a female voice over right before Jack (yeah, nice name) faces off with Garland. She describes Garland as being a warrior like Jack who set out on the same journey. Yet now, for some reason, Garland is becoming Chaos. This gives me a few impressions... Most importantly, it seems to me like the "Warrior of Light" in this world isn't set in stone. More than one person has tread this path. Jack is just the latest. (This could be similar to other depictions of the WoL, like in FFXIV where every player can be a WoL, or in DFFOO where the position of WoL is transferred to another character, Onion Knight, when the original WoL vanishes from the world.) Secondly... I'm very uncertain about this, but something tells me that Jack will actually become Chaos himself. Like, maybe that's the true destiny of all WoLs or something.

The words from Daisuke Inoue, the director, stand out to me...

Grounded and challenging action created by Team NINJA, our protagonist, sprayed with blood as he literally rips apart, throws, and pulverizing his enemies.

The way he looks is almost as if-

I think the suggestion is that he looks more like Chaos than a Warrior of Light.

Once again... INTERESTING NAME YOU HAVE, JACK... (I'm having flashbacks of FFT0 Jack slashing apart enemies and spraying their blood everywhere.)

All the stuff about hearts and light and chaos and the crystals and all of that... If those things weren't in a game related to FF1, I would've been disappointed. That's not just a KH thing. That's classic Final Fantasy. Nothing about that is suspicious to me. All Final Fantasy games sound like that.

The thing that IS suspicious is the fact that the main character looks so much like Luxord. lol People have also compared him to Cor Leonis, which is a very apt comparison. I'm pretty sure Luxord IS supposed to be like Cor in Verum Rex. Jed also reeeally looks like a pink version of Prompto. As people have pointed out, if you took off Magia's hat, he might look like Jed. SPEAKING OF JED... I translated Yusuke Suda's description of him:

This is Yusuke Suda. I'll be taking on the role of Jed this time. Jed is a young man who is accompanying Jack and Ash. Jed is more cheerful than the other two, so he's the one who keeps the mood upbeat. But like them, he wonders who he is and what lies ahead. On a path where the answers are unknown, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery with the strong will to subdue chaos. I hope that players will see the story through to the end together with Jed, Jack, and Ash.

...? Hm? ??????????

If that post about the ramen shop is true, then this could be funny. Maybe they all woke up in this fantasy world and now they're suffering from amnesia. Whatever the case is, it definitely piques my interest. Very mysterious.

NOW LET ME GET TO THE MOST IMPORTANT THING...

I'm not sure if this is a real game.

I watched someone play the demo for about four hours today. It just... Is that really it? Is that the game? ARE WE SURE? Maybe my expectations are just too high. lol Maybe Nomura has warped my brain to make me doubt everything I see. But I kiiind of feel like this game is actually a front for something ELSE. ........I'm not saying it's actually Verum Rex. Seriously, that's not what I'm saying. lol I'm just not 100% convinced that Stranger in Paradise is a real game.

On that note, did you know that there was a fake Final Fantasy Type-0 game? I only just found out about this recently and it blew my mind. It's a 100% fake game set in the same universe as Type-0. And to make it even better, the story from this "game" actually makes an appearance in Agito as the book series "Tokimeki★Akademeia." This is wild... This "fake game" inception thing has been going on for so long. I don't know what's real anymore. LOL Tokimeki★Akademeia has the same relation to Type-0 that Verum Rex (the game) has to the universe of Kingdom Hearts. WHAT'S GOING ON???????

The thing about Tokimeki★Akademeia that stands out the most is the fact that the MC's mission is TO KILL CLASS ZERO. They're the VILLAINS of this universe. LMAO

I've been having Many Thoughts since khux ended, but I'll just have to make another comment for those things. This was a lot.

edit: Another thing worthy of note... Nomura actually said that he came up with this type of idea around the type of Dissidia Duodecim. That's exactly when I think he started putting together the whole "Kingdom Hearts, but now it's also the Fabula Nova Crystallis" thing. So........ I can't feel confident saying that this is a totally new, unrelated game. Nomura has instilled the fear of god in me.

Edited by setsugekka

So, the main thing I've been thinking about is reincarnation. Xehanort can't be the only one. I wouldn't expect a concept like reincarnation to be introduced if it was only going to apply to one character.

I cannot stress how much I've been thinking about this. I nearly drove myself insane, twisting my brain into a pretzel to consider possibilities that I had written off before.

My conclusions...

• Xehanort is Player (confirmed)
  • Demyx is MoM
  • Sora is Ephemer
  • Luxord is Brain (Maybe.)

Sora shares so many similarities with Ephemer. I've talked about it before. Unless the intention is for them to simply be parallels of each other, it seems to me like Sora IS Ephemer's new self. Xehanort (Player) took up the role of darkness so that Sora could be light. Not just any light! He's THE light - the hero Daybreak Town was lacking. There's just... There's just SO MUCH. There's an OVERWHELMING AMOUNT of evidence to suggest that Sora is Ephemer. If you just go through KH3 while thinking "Sora is Ephemer" it's like... Wow.

Now that we're sure of reincarnation, I've also been able to reanalyze Demyx's scenes. I'm positive that Demyx is suffering from the effects of bad karma brought upon him by the MoM's actions. (As the Verum Rex box states: ”But the “KARMA” that sleeps in humans will accelerate further.”)

When Vexen asks for his help, he tells Demyx that he could receive forgiveness, but Demyx can’t think of anything he would require forgiveness for. To make him understand, Vexen describes the personal mistakes he made as a scientist. However, because Demyx isn’t a scientist (any longer), he thinks the subject is irrelevant to him and uses that as an excuse to dismiss the conversation.

Later, Ienzo apologizes for not having trusted Ansem the the Wise, misled by the circumstances that caused him to doubt his intentions, but Ansem says that he’s the one who should apologize instead for having failed him as his mentor. It’s extremely easy to read Ansem and his apprentices as parallels of the MoM and the Foretellers, especially when Ansem is standing there in the black coat with his hands behind his back. Demyx interrupts their reconciliation, again, because he thinks it isn't relevant to him.

Even the scene where he meets Riku becomes more interesting. He tries to prove to Riku that he isn't a threat, but Riku remains distrustful of him, almost like he can sense something about him. I adore this scene... So much... By this point, Demyx thinks he's one of the good guys, but he hasn't acknowledged that there's anything he's done wrong. Imagine for a second that it's been confirmed that Demyx is MoM. Now think about how this scene would look. Riku's reactions would feel totally justified, right? lol Being a good guy isn't that easy, Demyx. You won't be forgiven for anything just because you carried one replica, especially if you haven't apologized for WHAT YOU DID WRONG. It's embarrassing. This scene is pure secondhand embarrassment and I love it.

How does he know of the MoM, though? Is it dreams like Xehanort's? Visions like Sora's vision of Ephemer? Either way, I can think of reasons for why Demyx would assume that the MoM must be a separate guy.

Now, Luxord.......

Is he the reincarnation of Brain? I'm just feeling a vibe here. I know that other people have definitely thought about this one before, but I think most people dropped it once they saw him in Yozora's world. I think that could be intentionally misleading, though.

Although Xemnas's line about the "keyblade legacy" wasn't well translated, the original line still DID leave the possibility that all four of them WERE somehow "ancient keyblade wielders." If that IS true, then......... Well, which ancient keyblade wielder would Luxord be? We may not have SEEN Demyx in khux, but if he's MoM's reincarnation, then he's technically covered.

"How did Xehanort know who they were?" An important question. But I think it's in reverse. I think that they came to him, guided by... y'know, destiny or whatever. Type-0 would attribute a coincidence like this to the Spiral. (If it wasn't obvious, the Spiral represents the cycle of samsara. Even if they're reborn, they'll still tend to perform the same actions and follow the same course in life.)

So, here are some things of interest...

• He might be an "ancient keyblade wielder."
  • His strong drive to find the box and discover what's inside. He cares about it more than anyone else.
  • His suspicion of Xigbar and his curiosity about his true identity and motives.
  • His friendliness towards Sora and his willingness to help him. (Giving him the card.)
  • The fact that you fight Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene together.

I don't know... Am I missing something? It feels like it could fit, but it feels like I'm missing something. Or maybe the whole gambling thing is obscuring my focus. Though, to be honest, that might also be another point of interest. In his character file story, the way he talks about gambling and challenging opponents reminds me of the game played between Xehanort and Eraqus. If Eraqus IS a descendent of Brain, then it might make sense for Luxord, his reincarnation, to also have a preoccupation with games where he carefully studies his opponent's moves.

Rereading his character file story made me feel exhausted. I think I hate gambling metaphors. lol

In any case, it doesn't feel as obvious to me as Sora and Demyx, so I'm not as confident.  Maybe there's something else that you've noticed.

When I think about this and then I think about FF Origin Jack, I feel... Something. That Jack (Not My Jack) is SO obsessed with killing Chaos. It reminds me of how Eraqus and his family basically held "Darkness = Evil" as a prime principle. As BBS showed us, having such an intense fear and hatred of darkness just leads to BAD THINGS. I would be unsurprised if Brain (Luxord, perhaps) accidentally slips into darkness without even realizing.

Speaking of chaos, I'm feeling even more confident that Demyx's water power IS chaos. I don't know if they'll call it that in KH, but I don't see why not. lol That would explain the light/dark Darkside that looks like a water clone. MoM has one of the darknesses in him. Like he told Luxu, they're the source of the Heartless. If he was in a place devoid of light or darkness, then... Look, I can't put these pieces together perfectly without all the details, but I feel like I'm really on the right track here. lol

Like, idk, did his soul recycling turn the darkness into something ELSE?? Cuz if Demyx can use it, then that means that chaos is chaos even outside of Quadratum (or wherever.) Like, it didn't turn back into just plain darkness in the real world.

Chaos itself isn't always "evil." In the Fabula Nova Crystallis, it's a force that has no will of its own. It creates and it destroys. It sounds like the type of force you'd find in the place the MoM described. In the secret ending, everything in Quadratum looks wet. *leans close to the mic* It's CHAOS..... As I've noted before, Valhalla was surrounded by a sea of chaos - which also happened to have the power to make people reincarnate.

DxLKGvR.gif

Like here, when Caius lowered Yeul into the water, her soul was returned to the mortal world as a new Yeul.

It's the perfect power for the MoM to have, imo. It represents a force that is neither light nor darkness, and it also symbolizes destruction and rebirth. ...But it's still dangerous, especially in the hands of someone as careless as Demyx.

...Is there a word for someone who does bad things but doesn't realize their own guilt? (Hey, another khux keyword.) I guess you could call it ignorance (hello again, Jack Type-0), but I think I'm looking for another word. lol MoMyx is a special type of frustrating. HE'S NOT EVIL, but you just want him to stop DOING STUFF because you know it might not be GOOD. Truly chaotic. lmao

12 hours ago, setsugekka said:

I think it's an isekai. I might've mentioned that term before...? But if you aren't familiar, it's where people from the real world are transported into a fantasy world. I saw a translation on twitter which maaay or may nooot have been real. I don't know if this person was just meme'ing, but here it is:

There've been other people wondering if FFO is an isekai but I couldn't understand what they meant because I had no idea what an isekai was lol

I can totally see that being an isekai, mainly because, yeah, they...look like ordinary people from the real world. 

I've seen that ramen shop translation! lol that'd be pretty hilarious if it's true

13 hours ago, setsugekka said:

All the stuff about hearts and light and chaos and the crystals and all of that... If those things weren't in a game related to FF1, I would've been disappointed. That's not just a KH thing. That's classic Final Fantasy. Nothing about that is suspicious to me. All Final Fantasy games sound like that.

Ah okie! *ahem* I better look at all the FF games for once to stop thinking KH whenever I see something like that kek

14 hours ago, setsugekka said:

The thing that IS suspicious is the fact that the main character looks so much like Luxord.

It's SUPER suspicious. Like why Nomura??? Why'd you make the main character look like Luxord???? WHYYY?????

I translated Yusuke Suda's description of him:

HMMMMMMMMM very interesting. Now I'm hoping that that ramen shop post is true. It'd be hilarious lol

I'm not sure if this is a real game.

I watched someone play the demo for about four hours today. It just... Is that really it? Is that the game? ARE WE SURE? Maybe my expectations are just too high. lol Maybe Nomura has warped my brain to make me doubt everything I see. But I kiiind of feel like this game is actually a front for something ELSE. ........I'm not saying it's actually Verum Rex. Seriously, that's not what I'm saying. lol I'm just not 100% convinced that Stranger in Paradise is a real game.

It doesn't.....well, it doesn't.....I mean....watching someone do the demo....it's...yeah, is that it?? It doesn't seem....hrrmm, I'm not sure how to put it.....is the demo showing us what the whole game is going to be like?? or just a segment of something else??? 'Cause if it's showing us what the whole game is going to be like then......ummm.....really??? That's the game???

Tokimeki★Akademeia has the same relation to Type-0 that Verum Rex (the game) has to the universe of Kingdom Hearts. WHAT'S GOING ON???????

EHHH??

H-HUH. 

That's....very intereStInG. 

This connection between KH and FNC is very......I don't know how to describe it. Well, FOR SURE it has captured my complete attention

Although Xemnas's line about the "keyblade legacy" wasn't well translated, the original line still DID leave the possibility that all four of them WERE somehow "ancient keyblade wielders." If that IS true, then......... Well, which ancient keyblade wielder would Luxord be? We may not have SEEN Demyx in khux, but if he's MoM's reincarnation, then he's technically covered.

Speaking of.....

I just noticed that Nomura said this:

Q: Are the “ancient keyblade wielders” Xemnas is looking for Marluxia and Larxene?

Nomura: I won’t say yet, but it will eventually become clear to the player in KHUx

But uhhh....

It hasn't become clear, Nomura. At least, to me.

UMMMMM

Now, Luxord.......

Is he the reincarnation of Brain? I'm just feeling a vibe here. I know that other people have definitely thought about this one before, but I think most people dropped it once they saw him in Yozora's world. I think that could be intentionally misleading, though.

Hmmmm.....

Well, they have similar personalities, kind of.....

I was looking at their quotes and stuff if there was anything and.....there's lines that sound a little similar and get me thinking, but then....my mind goes blank. 

Brain: "If everything's already been decided for you, where's the fun in that?"

Luxord: "The fun is in not knowing, isn't it? What is the point of betting on something if you already know the outcome?"
 - "Only a fool bends to the cards. We shape our fates through action. Sometimes fun and games can make a serious difference in life."

This for instance. I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid, but they kinda.....well, I dunno. Maybe I'm being stupid here lol.

Dunno. I'm gonna go look deeper into this.....

...Is there a word for someone who does bad things but doesn't realize their own guilt?

Hmmmmm.....I can't think of anything. Is there??

5 hours ago, Double OKP said:

This for instance. I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid, but they kinda.....well, I dunno. Maybe I'm being stupid here lol.

No, I don't think you're being stupid at all! That's a GREAT example of how their characterization is similar. I think I just never looked at Brain that way. It's sort of like how I never thought about Ephemer as being like Sora, but once I considered it, I started to notice similarities everywhere. I'll have take another look at some of Brain's scenes with that in mind.

But seriously, that's a great find. I think that line felt familiar to me for some reason, but I couldn't figure out who it reminded me of. Someone also pointed out how Ephemer says something like "It's not over until it's over" which sounds like one of Luxord's lines, BUT that's only in the English version. For some reason, the localization person added that on their own. Just had to mention that one since it's already caused quite a bit of confusion on twitter. To make things even more confusing, that line was also in one of the fake Instagram posts in KH3, one of the ones from "???" (probably Eraqus?), but apparently that was ALSO a line that wasn't there in Japanese. imo, it feels like somebody on the localization team THINKS they know what's going on and they're trying to make their own references and callbacks. ?

5 hours ago, Double OKP said:

It hasn't become clear, Nomura. At least, to me.

Yeah....... That never became clear in the game. lol So, I wonder what he meant by that...

Every time there was an update, I had my fingers crossed, hoping that we wouldn't see them. If we didn't see Demyx, that made it more likely that he was the MoM and not some unrelated keykid from the past. It just would've made it more difficult to believe that they were the same person if we saw the two of them in the same place at the same time, y'know?

At the same time, whenever people would say "We haven't seen Demyx", I'd think "Yeah we have" because I was assuming that he was the MoM somehow. lol

If I apply the same thinking to Luxord, then... Yeah.

The alternative would be that neither of them are from khux and aren't from the past. But I don't think he would've answered the question that way if that were the case. He didn't deny that they were connected to the past, that's for sure. I don't know why/how Luxord is in Yozora's world, but reincarnation would definitely explain how someone in that world could be one of the ancient keyblade wielders.

Moreover, I feel like they must have a connection to Xehanort, since it seems like he was making it his mission to find all of the people he knew in his past life. That's one thing about Luxord which always stood out as strange to me. If he wasn't someone Xehanort knew in the past, then why was he even there? As a guy from Yozora's world, I rationalized it by assuming that Xehanort just had an interest in the fictional world.

Hm........ Maybe... Maybe Luxord isn't FROM the fictional world. Maybe he just regained his memories and then went there. *stares into space* wtf.

(Luxord voice) I WILL KILL CHAOS!!! *FLIES TO QUADRATUM*

FORREAL. WHAT IF WE'VE BEEN MISLED BY THAT SCENE OF HIM IN THE CAR THIS WHOLE TIME???

WAIT, NO, SERIOUSLY. HE ISN'T EVEN IN THE VERUM REX TRAILER.

Edited by setsugekka

15 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Someone also pointed out how Ephemer says something like "It's not over until it's over" which sounds like one of Luxord's lines, BUT that's only in the English version. For some reason, the localization person added that on their own. Just had to mention that one since it's already caused quite a bit of confusion on twitter. To make things even more confusing, that line was also in one of the fake Instagram posts in KH3, one of the ones from "???" (probably Eraqus?), but apparently that was ALSO a line that wasn't there in Japanese. imo, it feels like somebody on the localization team THINKS they know what's going on and they're trying to make their own references and callbacks. ?

Oh yeah, the Luxord line and the "???" line are actually the exact same ("The game isn't over until it's over") in the localization. But I'm not sure there's really a connection there.....

(I checked [most] of Luxord's and Brain's lines but haven't found any really similar lines, besides that one line where Luxord mentions chess...but I don't think that one has anything to do with anything. But I gotta say, they both definitely have similar characteristics....)

Hmmm...but the translations have to go through multiple checks before being approved. Lines like this that aren't in the original Japanese can't be just random lines out of the blue.....right?? ?

15 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Hm........ Maybe... Maybe Luxord isn't FROM the fictional world. Maybe he just regained his memories and then went there. *stares into space* wtf.

(Luxord voice) I WILL KILL CHAOS!!! *FLIES TO QUADRATUM*

FORREAL. WHAT IF WE'VE BEEN MISLED BY THAT SCENE OF HIM IN THE CAR THIS WHOLE TIME???

WAIT, NO, SERIOUSLY. HE ISN'T EVEN IN THE VERUM REX TRAILER.

??

HMMMMMMM!!!!!

WONDER WHAT HE'S UP TO THERE THEN. I MEAN, BESIDES KILLING CHAOS OF COURSE

On 6/17/2021 at 4:15 PM, Double OKP said:

WONDER WHAT HE'S UP TO THERE THEN. I MEAN, BESIDES KILLING CHAOS OF COURSE

Speaking of killing Chaos, there's an interview with Nomura from Famitsu...

First of all, it confirms that this IS some kind of isekai. Jack and the others aren't from this world. In fact, based on what Nomura says here, this isn't even really the world of FF1. It's just using FF1 as a "motif." So it's not a sequel or a remake or anything like that. imo, that makes me feel like it's not even really a reimagining.

Interviewer: In other words, you didn’t want to make them look like heroes?

Nomura: That’s right. The reasoning behind Jack’s appearance is purely related to the story. Likewise, there’s meaning behind all of their names. But that would be a spoiler, so I’ll save that for another time.

Interviewer: Their names too!? I thought they seemed rather too conventional for a FINAL FANTASY game with you working on it, Mr. Nomura (laugh).

Nomura: Jack, Ash and Jed have the same meaning hidden in their names.

What does THIS mean???

Needless to say, I'm VERY familiar with the meaning of the name "Jack." I've thought about that one a little bit TOO much, even. But I can't say I know how it's connected to "Ash" and "Jed." At first, I thought he meant that they mean the same thing, but that doesn't make sense. I looked around to see if there are any other FF characters with those names, but... Nope. There are a few characters with names that can be shortened to "Ash", but there aren't any other Jeds. I'm really stumped...

I have one friend who seemed really insistent that they figured out the meaning behind the name Jack and how it connects to the MoM's real name, but they said they couldn't explain right now, so... Alright. lol I'm skeptical, but curious to see what they think.

edit: Is it just that they're "real names"? They aren't things like Xemnas, Xigbar, Vexen, Zexion, etc. He didn't come out and say that they're from the REAL world, but I think that's what he's suggesting.

Interviewer: The sharper among us may have realized, but there were four Warriors of Light. Which means, as well as Jed and Ash…

Nomura: There will be more.

Interviewer: Really?!

Inoue: However, during combat, you’ll fight with a party of three members, so you’ll be swapping people around for battle.

Prepare your butt for more people who look like other people, I guess. I just hope there are some girls.

I'm still skeptical that this has anything to do with Kingdom Hearts, but Nomura's definitely pulling his usual mysterious nonsense. I really wish he'd just come straight out and tell us if it's related or not, like how he did with NEO TWEWY. lol Apparently this game is coming out next year, so at least we know we won't be waiting indefinitely to find out what this is all about.

Anyway, I've been thinking about FFXIII. There's this one scene in Lightning Returns which is probably one of my favorite pieces of dialog ever. idk, I could just keep watching this forever. I love Caius/Yeul. lol Strong stuff.

vzfZPL6.jpg

WjqKsv8.jpg

Corporate wants you to find the difference between these images. (They're the same image.)

Lightning was dragged into Valhalla (the step before the Unseen Realm) by some of Yeul's chaos which had seeped out from the Unseen Realm.

I mentioned the Darkside again before, but this is really what's selling me on the Darkside being from the MoM's darkness in Quadratum.

I also had another thought that my friends seemed to enjoy. Remember this part of Demyx's character file?

Oh, right, right– It’s just like that guy would always say. That “May your heart be your guiding whatever” guy?

Now that I think about it, what exactly was guiding me, again?

The MoM's phrase is a little different in Japanese, but I'm not sure if that should change how I interpret this... Like, what do YOU think would be guiding him? His key or his heart? The Japanese phrase sounds more like "May your key guide you as your heart desires." So it really goes either way, imo. But he DID forget the word, "key"... And we do have keyblades like the Master's Defender which are referred to as "guiding keys'...

It also occurred to me that Demyx never really said that he wanted "friends" PLURAL. He may have been happy with just one. A friend. "Nakama ga hoshiikatta" could just be "I wanted a friend." *stares into the camera* We Are All Stupid. LOL (I can't help it. Personally, when I hear "nakama", I think of the crew from One Piece, so it's just naturally a plural-sounding word to me. But apparently I wasn't the only person who interpreted it that way. Can't wait to see what the Dark Horse translation will say.)

After Luxu leaves with the box, the MoM says "You will become the key to everything." (Which the English version translated as "key to the future"... Uuughghghh... Please, someone stop them...)

*puts on my shipping goggles and turns the focus to 200%*

Luxu is the key? IS LUXU THE KEY DEMYX WAS FORGETTING???? THE ONE THAT WAS GUIDING HIM?????

This series is so dang confusing, but when I focus on one thing at a time, it feels like I can see things really clearly. AM I RIGHT? THIS SOUNDS RIGHT TO ME. LOL I know that there are other ways to look at this. Like, maybe Demyx just forgot that he has a keyblade? But then I remember the fact that he knows the MoM's phrase and that sends me back in a loop. This would certainly be one way to unify every idea in Demyx's character file story. (If the No Name is the MoM's keyblade and not just Luxu's, then that could be two birds with one stone.)

If I'm right about this, I simply want it to be on the record. lol I'm willing to sound like an obsessed shipper for one second if it means I'm going to be right later down the line. ?

Edited by setsugekka

Speaking of killing Chaos, there's an interview with Nomura from Famitsu...

I read it and......

NOMURA!! 

Man, Nomura really knows how to confuse me.

U-u-u-UMMMMMMM

Needless to say, I'm VERY familiar with the meaning of the name "Jack." I've thought about that one a little bit TOO much, even. But I can't say I know how it's connected to "Ash" and "Jed." At first, I thought he meant that they mean the same thing, but that doesn't make sense. I looked around to see if there are any other FF characters with those names, but... Nope. There are a few characters with names that can be shortened to "Ash", but there aren't any other Jeds. I'm really stumped...

I searched up what the names meant but....I can't....find.....how.....they're supposed to have the same meaning. They "have the same meaning hidden in their names"????? Like what??????

My brain's gonna explode one day....my mind's going twisting and turning and I can't think straight lol. 

Prepare your butt for more people who look like other people, I guess.

MORE.....!!!!

I wonder who might show up....hopefully someone doesn't show up who's going to make me absolutely freak out *ahem* that's gonna be impossible

2 hours ago, setsugekka said:

After Luxu leaves with the box, the MoM says "You will become the key to everything." (Which the English version translated as "key to the future"... Uuughghghh... Please, someone stop them...)

Hmmm....that definitely is different. This and what Chirithy said in Back Cover are supposed to be talking about the same thing:

What seemed like a simple task was the element that would connect all the events to come.

Luxu is the key to all the events to come. I don't know.....does "key to the future" make sense in any way at all???

These differences are messing with me mind

2 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Luxu is the key? IS LUXU THE KEY DEMYX WAS FORGETTING???? THE ONE THAT WAS GUIDING HIM?????

hmmmmm

HRRRRMMMMMM

That actually would make sense! There are lots of possibilities.......

(For some reason, that Unversed/Darkness-looking symbol on the Gigas came into my head again......and for some reason I wondered if this has to do anything with Chaos.....my brain's certainly going crazy right now)

12 hours ago, Double OKP said:

My brain's gonna explode one day....my mind's going twisting and turning and I can't think straight lol. 

I was literally having dreams about FF Origin last night. lmao

Did you see the edit I made to my comment? I think Nomura's really good at taking something that isn't THAT mysterious and making it sound more mysterious than it really is. So if their names are all real names that you'd hear in the REAL WORLD, I think that's probably the "secret meaning", even if it seems plainly obvious. lol

12 hours ago, Double OKP said:

(For some reason, that Unversed/Darkness-looking symbol on the Gigas came into my head again......and for some reason I wondered if this has to do anything with Chaos.....my brain's certainly going crazy right now)

...Did you know that mechs are a big deal in Type-0? I might've mentioned it, but I don't think I talked about it much. Milites, the main antagonists of Type-0 and Agito, have a crystal that allows them to make lots of powerful machinery. (Rubrum's crystal gives them the power of magic. Concordia's gives them the power to control dragons and other beasts. And Lorica's grants them tough crystal armor.)

Lean is the Empire's top engineer. Instead of fighting you with his katana, he pilots a Magitek Armor unit called Leraje. It's named after an obscure demon, but apparently it's well known enough to also be a demon in the Shin Megami Tensei series. Their wiki says this: "He causes great battles and disputes, can cause arrow wounds to develop gangrene and has the power of driving away mobs. He is depicted as a gallant and handsome archer wearing green clothes and carrying a bow and arrows." Feels fitting for Lean and Luxu. lol

kL2jwP1.png

It's similar to Qator's Gabriel unit. *coughs* I just wanted to talk about the Leraje. Look at it. Wow. Lean's so cool.

But Magitek Armor units are ALSO in FFXV. I remember seeing some early trailers where Noctis would be able to hijack a small unit to ride around the city while it was under attack. That sure never happened in the final game.

I am very curious about WHO the Verum Rex guys were fighting. The fact that the Gigas had that symbol on them is interesting... There's so much we don't know. But when I think about it, it feels totally possible that there could be a bunch of characters we haven't seen yet who are involved with the Gigas. The MoM basically left to go take a vacation, so I kiiind of doubt that he was ever personally in conflict with Yozora & The Boys unless THEY decided to pick a fight with him for some reason. So I think the Gigas are related to a different enemy Yozora was fighting. Possibly related to the darkness/chaos? Possibly. There's a lot that could be possible when we know so little about Verum Rex.

If they're like the ones in Toy Box, they might be controlled with the darkness/chaos instead of having real pilots inside them. But, again, I don't think the MoM was there to do any fighting, so... (When I put it like that, he really does come out sounding like Demyx. lol) If some of the "chaos" was seeping out from Quadratum, then maybe I'm overestimating how much control he has over it -- assuming that it's related to him in the first place, of course.

Hm...

CHZjpgr.pngfbNcbQJ.png

They do have some similarities. On the right is Colonel Faith's Blackburn model. The feet and hands stand out the most to me. I was just thinking about how all of Milites' units have the Empire's emblem on them. It's kinda hard to see from this angle.

z5ORcdV.png

There, you can see it really clearly on Nimbus's outfit. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Maybe a very abstract M? You can also see Nimbus's take on the white tiger mask here~ Point is, that symbol is on all of their mechs, armor, etc.

I'm still not sure the symbol on the Gigas is supposed to be the Unversed emblem, but it is similar. Reminds me of how the zipper pull on the Organization's coats all soooort of look like the Unversed emblem... That one's closer, but it's also not exact. You might be onto something, though. It could be a new emblem related to the new type of Heartless. It definitely feels like it's supposed to be something, even if it's something we haven't seen until now.

4 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Did you see the edit I made to my comment? I think Nomura's really good at taking something that isn't THAT mysterious and making it sound more mysterious than it really is. So if their names are all real names that you'd hear in the REAL WORLD, I think that's probably the "secret meaning", even if it seems plainly obvious. lol

YES he's very good at that, like with the traitor in the Book. The identity of the traitor was literally right there, but then not really, so people still got confused with it anyway lol.

Ahhhhh I see. That actually would make perfect sense.

...Did you know that mechs are a big deal in Type-0? I might've mentioned it, but I don't think I talked about it much. Milites, the main antagonists of Type-0 and Agito, have a crystal that allows them to make lots of powerful machinery. (Rubrum's crystal gives them the power of magic. Concordia's gives them the power to control dragons and other beasts. And Lorica's grants them tough crystal armor.)

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that.

Looking at the Type-0 mechs, they really remind me of this big one for some reason:

D0dROvcvLz1lw76Lb3UBCq1wcDzuW3Sj-Pde4_VmFQXG5WYexVfBUKGfdtzGfGncWz5GeZ69wRlxfuStcfY_pCk-6kV6W3M9LJ_kKOG5imr0nu9gjWkU5sgduY6jrqz1f0ch1F1p

I just noticed that this one is the only one that doesn't have an emblem on it.....unless it's somewhere else instead of the usual spot where the other Gigas have it.

Uh! I realized that if you zoom in you can kind of see inside the...the....control room, I MEAN, the cockpit, behind the red.....windows (oh my gosh I'm using the completely wrong words to describe things. That's what I get when my mind goes into knots thinking about KH and FF I guess). Or is it reflecting something and making me think the inside is somewhat visible....?? Or is that window broken...??? Nah, I'm probably hallucinating and there's really nothing at all.

If they're like the ones in Toy Box, they might be controlled with the darkness/chaos instead of having real pilots inside them.

I have no clue why, but this line suddenly popped up into my head:

One heart's shadows fill the emptiness of another. See how they bring him to life?

Young Xehanort said that when he summoned the Heartless to control the Gigas.....

I seriously get annoyed with myself when a line pops up in my head but I don't know why! lol

They do have some similarities. On the right is Colonel Faith's Blackburn model. The feet and hands stand out the most to me.

Whoa they do! Interesting.....

I'm still not sure the symbol on the Gigas is supposed to be the Unversed emblem, but it is similar.

Yeah, it's not exact, but certainly reminds me of it. Talking about Chaos got me thinking about it.....

Edited by Double OKP

16 hours ago, Double OKP said:

Looking at the Type-0 mechs, they really remind me of this big one for some reason:

Wow, that one is a lot bigger than I think I even realized. lol One of the regular-sized ones is also in the shot, so you can really tell how BIG it is. Reminds me of the Brionac, the massive arsenal MA which could carry and launch eight nuclear bombs from long range.

...Wait, didn't the Verum Rex box say something about a warhead? Uh. Hm.

"In the light of the warhead in the night sky, they chose to fight while feeling the pain of their hearts..."

Queen: If we can acquire Lorica as an ally, we’ll have no fear of defeat. With our two nations combined, we can crush Milite-
Nine: …?! What the hell was that sound?! An explosion?
Queen, with a hand over her chest: L-Look! In the sky to the north…! There’s some kind of light!!

The Milites army dropped the weapon of mass destruction known as the “Ultima Bomb” on Lorica.

MlcQko0.png

Is this connected or am I just really good at finding things that sound like other things? lol

The thing about the Ultima Bomb is that it was unavoidably dropped in nearly EVERY cycle, wiping out Lorica and sometimes Concordia as well. Lean was the one who created the bomb, but even in the cycles where he's removed from the Spiral (such as Type-0 where he and Tohno are simply observing Class Zero), the bomb is STILL dropped. Who created it in those cycles?? It's like the bomb became ingrained in the world's destiny.

So, idk, maybe Verum Rex has their own version of an unavoidable nuclear attack or something like that. Or maybe it's just one line on the back of a box that won't mean anything.

Anyway, I remembered that I actually know of another Jack. Before I started this whole thread, I had gathered together a collection of Guys Who Resemble Demyx. YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS ONE. IT'S GOOD. Even if it's not related, it's like....... Wow. lol

jz2CASF.jpg

Ray Jack, from King's Knight.

You know. KING'S KNIGHT.

kJNnXPz.jpg

The game the guys play together in FFXV.

I tried to find out more about this game, but it's a little hard since it's also been shut down. I never personally played it, but I was able to find some screenshots and videos. One of the fun things in the game was the fact that the FFXV characters would send you messages AS the characters of King's Knight.

fZFs980.jpg

Noctis is Ray Jack, Ignis is Kaliva (the wizard), Prompto is Toby (the thief), and Gladio is Barusa (the lizard man.) Their usernames were Prince, Ignis, LOKTON, and Henruit respectively.

I feel like there's probably nothing here, but it does follow the concept of "a game within a game."

Speaking of which... I still have some questions about Game Central Station. Like............ What? Huh?? Is that NOT a fictional world? They're all video games. HM???

11 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Wow, that one is a lot bigger than I think I even realized. lol One of the regular-sized ones is also in the shot, so you can really tell how BIG it is. Reminds me of the Brionac, the massive arsenal MA which could carry and launch eight nuclear bombs from long range.

Yeah, that one's super big. It's weird because it appears at the beginning of the trailer, actually, and it doesn't look as b-

jKC2aYRGA0xGijPwhNWOaZe4W15c9AhT5XUWLR8afp9zkvJMqZSiCe3azWvsP7kKHvAbBUXzq8VgVZbdYhZrRZb1W_HHbGS-bQKaYy8QiO7c4yTFTvY9yrpcEIQSumu55ohYeWp0

Wait....that's much smaller than the other one. That's not the same one then.....right? In the trailer, as far as I can remember, we don't see Yozora and crew fighting and/or destroying that one. Hmm....

Now when I look close at this one, I can barely see the emblem on it, but it's there. Oh, it IS there on the big one as well, just super hard to see. Me blind

...Wait, didn't the Verum Rex box say something about a warhead? Uh. Hm.

"In the light of the warhead in the night sky, they chose to fight while feeling the pain of their hearts..."

hMMM interesting. 

Anyway, I remembered that I actually know of another Jack. Before I started this whole thread, I had gathered together a collection of Guys Who Resemble Demyx. YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS ONE. IT'S GOOD. Even if it's not related, it's like....... Wow. lol

? 

ANOTHER JACK?! And another Demyx!! lol

22 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Speaking of which... I still have some questions about Game Central Station. Like............ What? Huh?? Is that NOT a fictional world? They're all video games. HM???

Yeahhhh.....

THAT

The MoM said about data...(the localization is a little different, but I remember that the JP version is this):

Darkness: Fiction? Do you mean the data world?
The MoM: That's a side of reality that humans imagined and realized.
(Translations: Cherrim)

The MoM: Even if it's from people's imagination, if you put it into realization, it becomes reality.
(Translations: Everglow)

The Game Central Station (in the movie, it's the outlet extender where all the power cables are plugged in) and the arcade games, they are all data, so they are not fictional worlds. Someone imagined the games and their stories, then realized it into reality by making those games, resulting in those data worlds. The video games are copies-and-pasting of someone's imagination, but it is not the person's imagination itself; the fictional worlds are the original source and imagination of those video games.

(Makes me wonder whose imagination Sora is jumping into, because he's jumping into the fictional world of Verum Rex, which means he's entering the imagination of the one who imagined Verum Rex....and according to the novels, Sora had already seen Quadratum before in a dream.....he's not jumping into his OWN imagination, right?????)

Wait...I think I've figured out how unreality is layed out. Unreality is the realm of people's imagination, but the fictional worlds cannot be all connected like the worlds in reality prior the second Keyblade War because people's imaginations are completely separate from each other.......maybe the fictional worlds are layed out like the present state of reality except that it is impossible for characters from one fictional world to cross into another fictional world, unlike how Sora and crew can travel to other worlds across the Oceans Between. (Hmmm, maybe people from reality can traverse across different fictional worlds)

Wait a sec, how would a real person (that sounds so weird tbh) going into unreality work? Wouldn't that affect the person's imagination, because the real people there wasn't originally what they imagined??? Could that turn them into someone's imagination because they are no longer present in reality??????????? Wait wait wait I'm seriously confusing myself here

OKAY, THINKING ABOUT THIS UNREALITY CONFUSING-NESS JUST MADE ME THINK OF SOMETHING 

It's about the Nameless Star. Since the Final World seems to act as a sort of bridge between reality and unreality, like the Realm Between, there should be no problem with unreal people being there.

HOWEVER

REAL PEOPLE MET THE NAMELESS STAR. (I'm not sure about Riku and Kairi, but they MIGHT have seen the Star that way before the Fairy Godmother informed them that she came from unreality. But since I'm not sure about them, I'm not going to talk about them.)

It's SORA. He met her in the Final World, while he was collecting his pieces, right? But at the time, did he know about 'unreality'? No, he didn't. So that means that when he was talking to the Nameless Star.....he was talking to her as if she was a real person. He perceived her as real, because he didn't know that she came from unreality. He thought she was real is when he was talking to Yozora:

If you're here, then this can't be the real world, can it? But wait, that girl, she told me about you. Maybe you are real after all.

So.......so........so doesn't that mean that Sora MIGHT have turned her into a real person??? The MoM said:

If you imagine hard enough, you can make anything a reality.

(This is the localization of the MoM line I mentioned earlier)

U-u-u-UHHHHHMMMMM

1 hour ago, Double OKP said:

ANOTHER JACK?! And another Demyx!! lol

Have I not mentioned this? lol I had a whole collection of Demyxes going until I finally decided that Jack was The One. I think Nomura must like this design and this type of character more than people realize. The collection includes: Jack, Zell, Gippal, Roche, and Ray Jack. Jack and Gippal get a special gold star next to them for even having the same JP voice as Demyx. lol

1 hour ago, Double OKP said:

(Makes me wonder whose imagination Sora is jumping into, because he's jumping into the fictional world of Verum Rex, which means he's entering the imagination of the one who imagined Verum Rex....and according to the novels, Sora had already seen Quadratum before in a dream.....he's not jumping into his OWN imagination, right?????)

I feel like you figured it out for a second and then made yourself confused. lol I don't think there's any distinction between fictional worlds and unreality. I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong. What you said about Game Central Station sounded right to me.

Quadratum is a fictional world. I think Nomura's using fictional in the same sense as "false". It's not real. It's not even imagined. That's why I keep comparing it to the Unseen Realm. It's an oxymoronic idea when you actually SHOW the place, though - because then it IS real. It CAN be imagined. So the whole concept is kinda stupid, but... I think I understand the idea. It's like trying to imagine "nothing." Even if you try to imagine it, you'll still probably be picturing something like a black void. It's impossible to imagine what "nothing" really is. This is why they NEVER show the Unseen Realm in any of the games. They had to come up with Valhalla so that there could be a place like the Unseen Realm that could be perceived.

*DEEP BREATH*

I think he's making it more complicated than it actually is..............

If we could compare it to anything, it might be like Tokimeki Akademeia which was labeled as fictional. Even if it exists as a concept, it's not a real game. You can't play it.

You also can't play Versus XIII or Agito XIII. They don't exist.

There. I solved the mystery.

Edited by setsugekka

I feel like you figured it out for a second and then made yourself confused. lol I don't think there's any distinction between fictional worlds and unreality. I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong. What you said about Game Central Station sounded right to me.

I kind of figured the term 'unreality' might be referring to the unreal reality/realm in general while fictional worlds were the individual worlds that made up unreality.....like how the real worlds and the Realms make up reality......

*cough* I am definitely making myself confused. VERY confused

Oh yeah, there's one thing I can't figure out about Game Central Station. Data Daybreak Town was somehow connected to it, and Brain said:

It's precisely because they're data that a connection from the real world is possible. But now...a new world has aggressively forged a connection with this one.

"Aggressively forging" sounds like someone grabbed a power cable and plugged one end into the computer with Data Daybreak Town in it....then plugged the other end into the outlet extension/Game Central Station. But why would someone do that.....?? And WHO would do that??

Hrrmmm....I feel like this is one of the many things I shouldn't be thinking too hard on though.....

Quadratum is a fictional world. I think Nomura's using fictional in the same sense as "false". It's not real. It's not even imagined. That's why I keep comparing it to the Unseen Realm. It's an oxymoronic idea when you actually SHOW the place, though - because then it IS real. It CAN be imagined. So the whole concept is kinda stupid, but... I think I understand the idea. It's like trying to imagine "nothing." Even if you try to imagine it, you'll still probably be picturing something like a black void. It's impossible to imagine what "nothing" really is. This is why they NEVER show the Unseen Realm in any of the games. They had to come up with Valhalla so that there could be a place like the Unseen Realm that could be perceived.

That actually makes perfect sense! Oh wait....yeah, the MoM did say it was "beyond what we can imagine"......ha, now there's a line I completely forgot. *sigh* There's too many lines to remember in this series

.....So then Quadratum....wait, then that's really oxymoronic. Like really

*DEEP BREATH*

I think he's making it more complicated than it actually is..............

If we could compare it to anything, it might be like Tokimeki Akademeia which was labeled as fictional. Even if it exists as a concept, i's not a real game. You can't play it.

You also can't play Versus XIII or Agito XIII. They don't exist.

There. I solved the mystery.

now THAT solves it

Speaking of non-existence is reminding me of the Realm Between. Again. I'm pretty sure they aren't connected but......

Edited by Double OKP

On 6/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, Double OKP said:

"Aggressively forging" sounds like someone grabbed a power cable and plugged one end into the computer with Data Daybreak Town in it....then plugged the other end into the outlet extension/Game Central Station. But why would someone do that.....?? And WHO would do that??

Yeah, I always wondered about that... The thought I always had was that it was the darknesses who did that themselves, but after that last update, I'm not sure if they'd be capable of doing something like that without the help of someone else. The fact that they don't have bodies is a bit of a problem for them. Hm... I'm really not sure. I don't believe the MoM would've helped them out. It seems like he knew that they were going to find a way in without him. So then, who...?

......Ava?? The darkness in her could've made her do that as well.

So, I've been watching Demyx Time again. (I can't help it. I love this show. lol) There's an episode where Luxord uses his power to travel back in time to stop Larxene from sleeping with everyone so she won't become pregnant. (Again, I love this show.) The fact that this homemade cosplay show actually used Luxord's time powers more than the games is so funny... After he changes the past, he comes back to find that Demyx is a genius now. It's great.

Anyway, this made me think about Luxord's time powers... (Or maybe I should say "attribute of time", since it's totally unclear what his powers actually ARE.)

Do you think that's ever going to be explained? I thought it was funny how the end of khux showed Lauriam waking up in a bed of flowers and Larxene waking up during a lightning storm, as if that explains where their affinities came from.

If Demyx can control those new Heartless, then his water affinity seems like it'll be justified. idk if it's a longshot, but I'm also hoping that he's another character from Destiny Islands. Alternatively, I still love the idea of him coming into existence on the shore of the realm of darkness which was opposite the shore of Destiny Islands.

But back to Luxord. Are you familiar with the original story of FF1 at all? I played it ages ago, so I just had to watch a recap. lol I kinda forgot that there was time travel... The four warriors of light fight Garland in the beginning and defeat him, but it turns out he was actually sent back to the past by his minions when he was on the brink of death, allowing him to live forever by repeating the loop. The four heroes are eventually able to go back in time to defeat him. I just keep wondering why the MC of FF Origin looks like Luxord... Is this it? Is it the time travel? lol