Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
setsugekka

More MoM Answers Than You Even Want

On 6/23/2021 at 6:50 PM, setsugekka said:

......Ava?? The darkness in her could've made her do that as well.

Hmm.....that sounds the most likely......

But then.......why would Darkness do that.....??? Darkness would only get the teeniest benefit out of that:

Through this portal, we can access and infect countless worlds.

Uhhh, how would the portal cables lead them to countless worlds? Game Central Station only has this many worlds (looks like about 25 cords):

MOWeXZhhAsYEzRgxmn0dJivOTvRkHSWU52nMUmHV-YDiUqNow-nmx562kbNWcMrFVVmMOL4DROa-D32S6o2Ca0xK2CQgvpDa6Lz4yVvxCRHlW0DAkABG8YsliPvkmWhw3RDBSTVR

This is LITERALLY Game Central Station, from the movie. That's not countless worlds! Would Darkness really go through all that trouble just for that??? Hrmmm.....or am I missing something here?

I have a feeling this will never get an explanation in the future and will just be ignored....but it still bugs me. 

Anyway, this made me think about Luxord's time powers... (Or maybe I should say "attribute of time", since it's totally unclear what his powers actually ARE.)

Do you think that's ever going to be explained? I thought it was funny how the end of khux showed Lauriam waking up in a bed of flowers and Larxene waking up during a lightning storm, as if that explains where their affinities came from.

Ahhhh I keep forgetting his attribute is time! 

That's got to be explained someday, and I'm pretty sure it will. Hmm....yeah, I wonder what world Xemnas (or whoever) found him in........

Now when I really think about it, we know pretty much nothing about Luxord...and now I want to know everything! 

But back to Luxord. Are you familiar with the original story of FF1 at all? I played it ages ago, so I just had to watch a recap. lol I kinda forgot that there was time travel... The four warriors of light fight Garland in the beginning and defeat him, but it turns out he was actually sent back to the past by his minions when he was on the brink of death, allowing him to live forever by repeating the loop. The four heroes are eventually able to go back in time to defeat him. I just keep wondering why the MC of FF Origin looks like Luxord... Is this it? Is it the time travel? lol

I just...I just read a summary of it lol

Oh yeah, there was time travel....hmmmm........man, I'm super curious about FFO. I wanna know more!

11 hours ago, Double OKP said:

This is LITERALLY Game Central Station, from the movie. That's not countless worlds! Would Darkness really go through all that trouble just for that??? Hrmmm.....or am I missing something here?

Hmm... I'm not sure if it's meant to be taken that literally. When I watched Wreck-It Ralph, I assumed that their world encompassed ALL games. I'm not sure if it's just arcade games, since there also seemed to be some references to games that were on home console systems.

Remember, even though Yozora is from a fictional world, Verum Rex is ALSO definitely a video game, at least within the world of Toy Box. iirc, when YMX sends Sora into Beat of Lead, he tells him something like "In this world, you come from a video game." I feel like that must MEAN something, but ugh... My brain hurts... It's like... There's gotta be a connection between fictional worlds and "video game" worlds, right??

12 hours ago, Double OKP said:

That's got to be explained someday, and I'm pretty sure it will. Hmm....yeah, I wonder what world Xemnas (or whoever) found him in........

Now when I really think about it, we know pretty much nothing about Luxord...and now I want to know everything! 

Well, I'm definitely still considering the possibility that he isn't from the fictional world. I'm not sure how Xehanort knew about it, but there's nothing that suggests that he ever personally went there. Everything we've seen so far seems to suggest that the members of Organization XIII were recruited, so even though I like the idea of Demyx and/or Luxord showing up and asking to join, I'm not sure if that's in the cards, as Luxord would say...

Nevertheless, here are my baseless guesses for both of them...

Demyx:

• Knocked on the door of the Castle That Never Was and asked if anyone would like to play.
  • Randomly materialized in The Hall of Empty Melodies.
  • Found wandering the dark shore in the realm of darkness.
  • Discovered by Xemnas on a nostalgic trip to Destiny Islands.

Luxord:

• Potentially also knocked on the door, looking for someone to play cards with him.
  • "Just happened to be" at the right place at the right time. (HE'S A SPY FROM THE FUTURE.)
  • Was a natural resident of Port Royal who liked to gamble in one of the local bars. Lost a bet against Xigbar and had to join the Organization.
  • Something really severe happened to him in the fictional world, launching him straight into a different world as a Nobody. (idk, don't ask me. This is my brain attempting to connect the dots. lol)

btw, I made a post on tumblr comparing a number of the Nobody death sequences from KH2. I totally see what people were talking about when they said that Demyx's death looks different from the others.

I never realized that you could see light in Xigbar's darkness, so that's neat.

Everything about Demyx's death is strange compared to the others. The only thing they have in common is the fact that his body itself is disintegrating with flecks of darkness, but then the rest of his sequence is made up of light and water. Even the sound effects for it are noticeably different. It sort of reminds me of the light sfx when Sora seals a keyhole. You can hear some bubble sfx, too. ...But we know he's MoM, amirite? Nothing surprising here. Except for the fact that this is from KH2. That's the really surprising part.

But I'm also kinda curious about the way Luxord dies... Without me even mentioning it, I saw someone else comment about how Luxord's seems so much darker than anyone else's. It makes me think of FFO Jack again... Is Luxord actually, like, someone super evil...? Uuugh, he's so suspicious!!

9 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

I'm not sure if it's just arcade games, since there also seemed to be some references to games that were on home console systems.

Hmm, I never noticed that. Wait, I actually never noticed that! HMMMM.....

That would make much more sense if Game Central Station led to all the video game worlds.

24 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

Remember, even though Yozora is from a fictional world, Verum Rex is ALSO definitely a video game, at least within the world of Toy Box. iirc, when YMX sends Sora into Beat of Lead, he tells him something like "In this world, you come from a video game." I feel like that must MEAN something, but ugh... My brain hurts... It's like... There's gotta be a connection between fictional worlds and "video game" worlds, right??

Oh my gosh that line....everything YMX is so confusing.....

Why DID Sora come from the Verum Rex video game?? How come Donald's magic made their clothes match the Verum Rex video game???? Why was it Verum Rex specifically??? Ah me confused. 

Wait....the Toy Box that Sora, Donald, and Goofy was the fake one, right? Sora is from a fictional video game in a fake world.....what's that supposed to mean, if it even is supposed to mean anything.

HRRMMMM.....there definitely is a connection. But exactly what it is I have no clue. My head......

.....Nomura said that Quadratum is the world of Verum Rex.....but, the video game Verum Rex and the fictional world of Quadratum can't be one and the same, right??? Because then......'cause then...... 

My mind can't process any of this

1 hour ago, setsugekka said:

btw, I made a post on tumblr comparing a number of the Nobody death sequences from KH2. I totally see what people were talking about when they said that Demyx's death looks different from the others.

👀👀

Wait what the heck??!! Whoa.......Demyx's death though! I guess I didn't pay attention when I was playing KH2 lol

Yeah, Luxord's death definitely has...more darkness. .....Maybe he is very evil 

But seriously, that's very interesting. 

I can't make 

4 hours ago, Double OKP said:

Hmm, I never noticed that. Wait, I actually never noticed that! HMMMM.....

That would make much more sense if Game Central Station led to all the video game worlds.

Oh my gosh that line....everything YMX is so confusing.....

Why DID Sora come from the Verum Rex video game?? How come Donald's magic made their clothes match the Verum Rex video game???? Why was it Verum Rex specifically??? Ah me confused. 

Wait....the Toy Box that Sora, Donald, and Goofy was the fake one, right? Sora is from a fictional video game in a fake world.....what's that supposed to mean, if it even is supposed to mean anything.

HRRMMMM.....there definitely is a connection. But exactly what it is I have no clue. My head......

.....Nomura said that Quadratum is the world of Verum Rex.....but, the video game Verum Rex and the fictional world of Quadratum can't be one and the same, right??? Because then......'cause then...... 

My mind can't process any of this

👀👀

Wait what the heck??!! Whoa.......Demyx's death though! I guess I didn't pay attention when I was playing KH2 lol

I can't make heads or tails out of what Nomura is trying to get at.

As for, the Organization XIII's deaths, how are their deaths any different from each other?  What does the darkness from their deaths mean?

On 6/25/2021 at 8:37 PM, Double OKP said:

It's strange... In the regular world of Toy Story, all of the toys can move and talk on their own. That's normal in their world. But in the "copy" world, Buzz is able to use his blaster and the Gigas are also able to shoot their laser cannons as if they were real. So even though the world is a copy, it seems to be making them all more "real" somehow... I'm sure it's supposed to mean something, but I don't know what. lol Maybe that there's no difference? Something like that? Or the whole "It's a matter of perception" thing again.

Well... It seems like too much of a coincidence to believe that the video game version of Verum Rex has nothing to do with the "real" world of Verum Rex. Reminds me of that idea I had about "Kingdom Hearts" (the world) actually being a video game. (Because it really is a video game irl. lol We're playing it.) If that's not where Nomura goes with it, then that seems like a missed opportunity to me. If he doesn't use this opportunity to make a point about the game itself, then what IS the point?? (Not that there ever HAS to be a point... But it's always satisfying when there is one, especially if it's delivered well.)

Xion's death is also still really strange and interesting, too... Watching it again, it looks like an early PS2-era imagining of the crystallizations seen in the FNC.

I just rambled about it for like two paragraphs, but none of it was helpful or interesting. lol I dunno! I just dunno! All I can say is that I feel like we will get an explanation for that at some point.

EDIT:

So I just need to meeeention something... I spent a long time yesterday staring at Demyx's character file in Japanese. I basically retranslated the whole second paragraph.

Unlike the old guys, there were quite a few people who were close with each other in the Organization for some reason. You know, like Axel and Saix, or Marluxia and Larxene, or Zexion and Vexen, or Xaldin and Lexaeus? But there were all those old guys mixed in, too.

Originally, Cherrim and I both read the last line of this paragraph the same way, assuming that it was "In the end, I hung out with the old guy a lot." But the grammar on it is very........... *squints* I think it's very understandable how we both came to that conclusion, but I think we were wrong. idk if you want me to explain the grammar. lol It truly bended my brain for hours.

So, this is a painful blow to me because it means he probably wasn't referring to Xigbar... But it's not like I'm totally disappointed with the new interpretation this gives me. I'm still intrigued by the fact that he isn't mentioning any of these "old guys" by name. It feels like he's totally overlooking them. Since it seems like this is about the original Organization, the old guys would be Xigbar, Luxord, and Xemnas - the three older guys who didn't seem to be friends with anyone else. My original point still stands; the fact that Demyx noticed that there were already a lot of friend pairs in the Organization lends to the question, "Well, who's supposed to be the friend HE'S paired up with?"

(softly) I don't trust the person who wrote these...

The bright side is that nothing has changed about my impression of the last paragraph. Unless there's some other guy he knew who was always saying "May your heart be your guiding key", that part's still about the MoM.

idk, maybe Cherrim and I were right to begin with and I'm overthinking it. The official English copy is still a ways away... We'll have to see what they think. (If they change something about that last paragraph, I'd lose my mind since I'm 100% sure on that part. lmao)

Edit #2: Actually..... Technically... Since "yatsu" is such a flexible word, he could be saying "That 'may your heart be your guiding whatever' THING" instead of "guy." BUT, he does say "aitsu" which is definitely "he", a specific guy. I'm looking at twitter again and I'm happy to see that Japanese fans were also going "Wait, who would Demyx know who says that all the time??" God bless. lmao But seriously, the person who wrote these wrote his voice in the most casual way possible and it's infuriating. He doesn't sound like this in the game.

Edited by setsugekka

I'm so sorry for the incredibly late reply! Gosh, I didn't notice how much time had passed by already...

On 6/25/2021 at 11:20 PM, setsugekka said:

So I just need to meeeention something... I spent a long time yesterday staring at Demyx's character file in Japanese. I basically retranslated the whole second paragraph.

Hmmm....that's interesting. So Demyx could be referring to not just Xigbar then.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:20 PM, setsugekka said:

(softly) I don't trust the person who wrote these...

The author of the novels (Tomoco Kanemaki) wrote these lol

I haven't found anything interesting lately :(, except this one weird Xemnas line I found while watching 358/2 Days the other day:

Shining down upon us is the crystallization of all hearts—Kingdom Hearts.

....Kingdom Hearts (at least the artificial one) is the crystallization of all hearts?? Wonder what that's supposed to mean....

edit: Wait....I just found out that the tutorial where Sora is in the final world and meets that watery Darkside was....his dream:

"Sora awoke in a world of nothing but sea and sky. He'd seen this place in his dreams before."

This is from Jiminy's Journal. 

If he saw that Darkside in his dream....hmmm...since the Final World and dreams are like bridges between reality and unreality...and the MoM is in unreality at some point in time....wait....I feel like there's something here but....hmmm...

Edited by Double OKP

On 7/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, Double OKP said:

I'm so sorry for the incredibly late reply! Gosh, I didn't notice how much time had passed by already...

Don't worry about it. Real life has been kinda stressful lately, so I haven't even been thinking about KH stuff as much as usual.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, Double OKP said:

This is from Jiminy's Journal. 

If he saw that Darkside in his dream....hmmm...since the Final World and dreams are like bridges between reality and unreality...and the MoM is in unreality at some point in time....wait....I feel like there's something here but....hmmm...

Nice catch. I think I saw that before but I brushed it off because I didn't understand. It probably wasn't a dream so much as him accidentally visiting the Final World in his sleep... Or being pulled toward it, possibly by someone. Hm... Hmmmmmm...

I don't know if you heard about this, but we got some pretty big news recently. Apparently Tabata has been working on two big titles with his new company. And apparently they're working together with another "major company." Here's an article about it. One has already finished pre-production, and he described it as being like Type-0. The other is a "nomadic" game like FFXV. Naturally, everyone in the Type-0 discord were losing their minds. We're hoping that Tabata's trying to beat Nomura at his own game. It'd be awesome if these new games are basically sequels or spin-offs but with all the names changed for copyright reasons. lol

Oh, here's a fun lil thing I did recently. KH2FM added this scene where Demyx comes right back to tell Sora about the Absent Silhouettes.

I retranslated it.

Sora: You're still here?!
Demyx: Well, I was able to meet you, so I don't want to waste this trip.
Demyx: I'll tell you about a toy more interesting than that Olympus Stone.
Demyx: The lingering shadows of those who are absent, "Absent Silhouettes."
Sora: Absent Silhouettes? Oh, like the book we saw earlier!
Demyx: They aren't limited to books.
Demyx: They are the shadows of existence burned into the weapons left behind by their departed masters.
Demyx: I'm sure that fighting that one will make you wake up.
Demyx: The real you, that is.
Sora: What the heck are you talking about?
Demyx: You're the hero. Figure it out yourself!

I just love the characterization here. The reason I retranslated it was because I thought something about the localization sounded weird. There are some differences, but... Surprisingly, he really sounded like that. Very un-Demyx-ish. If I didn't know who was talking, I would've thought this was someone else.

Someone from the Type-0 community shared her collection of miscellaneous Agito screenshots with me. There were a couple interesting tidbits in there. I'm thinking about making a tumblr post with those. The really exciting thing she gave me... Was the Agito novel!!! Finally, I get to read it!! I've been totally blown away by how much its descriptions of Lean sound like Luxu. It's so good... I love that creepy, sneaky little guy.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:50 AM, setsugekka said:

I don't know if you heard about this, but we got some pretty big news recently.

Oh, I did hear about it! The fact that they're related to FFXV and Type-0...HMMMM.....yes, perhaps Tabata is doing that lol

I retranslated it.

Interesting! Yeah that definitely does not sound like Demyx 

Someone from the Type-0 community shared her collection of miscellaneous Agito screenshots with me. There were a couple interesting tidbits in there. I'm thinking about making a tumblr post with those. The really exciting thing she gave me... Was the Agito novel!!! Finally, I get to read it!!

That's awesome!! :D

I was looking through Jiminy's Journal (*ahem* I-I mean, watching a Youtube video going through its entirety) in hopes of finding more mysterious stuff, and I found this section that triggered a "?" in me:

[Glossary]

Datascapes:
Artificial simulations based on real-world data. Inside a datascape, time can be made to loop infinitely, and the impossible becomes possible.

"Time can be made to loop infinitely" reminds me of Agito and Type-0......wait, when in KH was time looped infinitely in a datascape...?? And this is Jiminy's Journal after all, so it'd have to be an event Jiminy knows about, I assume. Hmm...I pretty much skimmed over Coded so maybe something happened there that I'm not aware...? Hrrmm, guess that means I need to watch Re:Coded again.

Okay....I'm starting to doubt that Jiminy is writing his own journal LOL. Yes, in one section, it's written, "...at the time of this writing...", and also Jiminy says "I" multiple times. BUT. 

[Glossary]

The Black Box:
The object of Maleficent and Pete's search. Maleficent believes it has been hidden away since the age of fairytales, but no one knows where it is or what exactly it contains.

Uhhhh...yeah, how would Jiminy Cricket acquire this knowledge??? kek

Hmm.....but how did Maleficent know that it was hidden since that time? It's gotta be that 'dingbat in black' who told her. *SIGH* I wanna know who exactly that is!

Edited by Double OKP

Sorry for disappearing for a long time again. lol I didn't have many new thoughts.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:43 PM, Double OKP said:

Hmm.....but how did Maleficent know that it was hidden since that time? It's gotta be that 'dingbat in black' who told her. *SIGH* I wanna know who exactly that is!

HMM... I'm pretty sure Pete also met the person... So it couldn't have happened in the age of fairytales, right?

I still think Xigbar is probably the most likely answer right now.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:43 PM, Double OKP said:

"Time can be made to loop infinitely" reminds me of Agito and Type-0......wait, when in KH was time looped infinitely in a datascape...?? And this is Jiminy's Journal after all, so it'd have to be an event Jiminy knows about, I assume. Hmm...I pretty much skimmed over Coded so maybe something happened there that I'm not aware...? Hrrmm, guess that means I need to watch Re:Coded again.

I think that the worlds in Re:Coded were probably looping like that. I can't remember if they mentioned it in the game, but I would assume that's the case. They were based on what was in the journal, so they would probably only encompass the time the journal recorded.

It is kinda funny how the journal makes Jiminy sound like he has so much unexplainable knowledge. lol Jiminy is the MoM.

I did some more translating. Just the tail end of Vexen's character file where he talks about Demyx. Cherrim's was pretty different here.

"Yes! Demyx time!"

So said the fool. The most important thing is to not become a simple replacement for someone else. That's what "Demyx time" means.

Indeed, that is the true meaning of wisdom. Being honest with oneself so as to never lose sight of who you are... That was a lesson I failed to learn in the past.

Even now, I still don't care if I'm to become a substitute for someone else. As long as I continue to have thoughts like those, I'm sure I cannot hope to achieve the wisdom of the fool in front of me.

It is my sincerest prayer that this scheme to outwit the clever Xehanort will succeed.

It is all for atonement.

Gotta wonder how much of this is going to be relevant to anything going forward. I'm not even sure how to take this since I don't think Demyx knows anything about who he really is. khfsjddfjh LIKE. AM I WRONG??? LMAO

idk, maybe it'll become ironic later on, like he was more like "himself" when he didn't know about himself. That'd be interesting.

Actually. Sudden thought. If this is suggesting that Demyx never loses sight of himself, doesn't that sound like how the Foretellers are able to resist the Darkness...? Huh.......... Now I'm wondering what would've happened if Xehanort had tried to use Demyx as one of his 13. Maybe it's not that deep. But now I wanna know. lol

It also sort of reminds me of how Jack told the Agito Player that they wouldn't change, even if they lost their memories.

I just played NEO: TWEWY! Before it came out, there were some people who had theories that it was connected to Kingdom Hearts. Nomura came out and said that it was unrelated. Nevertheless, people continued to craft theories anyway because they think that Nomura's playing 4D chess 24/7 and they refuse to take anything he says at face value.

The question is... Was Nomura telling the truth? Does it REALLY have nothing to do with KH?

Only some very minor spoilers here, but I'm going to hide it anyway.

Spoiler

As far as I can tell, Nomura was being honest. I haven't finished the bonus post-game chapter yet, but I played everything else. It's totally unrelated. It is, in fact, just a TWEWY sequel. LOL I was getting kind of annoyed by the people who were pushing for it to be a KH conspiracy. There isn't a single KH character in it. The hooded guy on the box isn't MoM. The mysterious blond haired guy from the trailers ALSO isn't MoM. It has nothing to do with fictional worlds/unreality or any of that.

There are some themes and concepts which might also be used in KH, but that doesn't mean anything. The only things that ARE related to KH are a couple TINY references. One of the chapters is called "Dearly Beloved." There's a quiz where one of the incorrect, joke answers is "Simple and Clean." And one of the accessories miiight be based on Brain's hat because it has a red feather.

I can only imagine how anticlimactic this must've been for the people who were believing that this was going to be a crossover. Rest in pieces.

There's also something I want to talk about in regards to Square-Enix's marketing and the things they show in trailers. If you intend to play ntwewy and haven't watched the trailers yet... Don't watch them. They had the same problem as KH3's trailers where they gave away too much - which is why I didn't pay much attention to them before playing.

However, there is something I found interesting, and it has to do with a particular reveal. This one is a definite spoiler.

Spoiler

So, the box art shows a handful of characters. One of them is a blond guy with a hood and black face mask. A LOT of people assumed that he was Neku because Rindo shouts Neku's name in one of the trailers while that person is on screen. Despite the fact that Neku ISN'T BLOND, this legitimately fooled a lot of people into thinking that he was actually Neku. If you haven't played it, I won't say who it is, but I think it should be obvious. He's blond, he's wearing a hoodie with a skull and crossbones on it, and he has red/black shoes. Any observant person could figure out who that was based on design. I'm just amazed at how easily they fooled people with one out-of-context clip. (Reminds me of how they made people think that Kairi was fighting the MoM in the Melody of Memory trailers.)

It's especially amazing that people thought that was Neku when one of the trailers actually STRAIGHT-UP SHOWS NEKU IN HIS NEW OUTFIT DESIGN. And, of course, his hair is still orange. lol So, before the game came out, there was a lot of fanart of Neku wearing this other character's outfit with the hood... Kinda hilarious.

Seriously, if I hadn't been intentionally trying not to think about it, I would've figured it out and been really mad at everyone else. I remember thinking "Neku? That doesn't seem like Neku to me... Maybe the hardcore twewy fans know something that I don't." This gives me some hope that I'm right about Demyx. Sometimes, things ARE obvious.

I fear what the next KH game trailers will be like.

Edited by setsugekka

*crawls out of the earth*

Hello. Look at this.

PeadaGp.jpg

For a longass time, I was worried that they were just going to rip off Type-0 without acknowledging how similar these two are, but here we go.

Why did it take me so long to notice this one? idk, I'm blind. I'm glad I noticed, though.

8TtnIN7.jpg

I've probably shared it before, but Ava's is my favorite. And it's relevant, because...

pMn8UJ7.jpg

These are the renders they used for Jack & Deuce's chapter in the novel, Change the World -The Answer-. I got my own copy! Jack's characterization in this is so MoM-like...

However, at her words, a cynical smile appeared on Jack's face. "Who can say? Humans are inherently barbaric creatures, after all. Even without the Oblivion of Death, I think they would begin wars~"

I am TORMENTED. This is a direct ASSAULT on my sanity.

7CYgGXK.jpg

QOUpr55.jpg

There's some very faint text in the bottom right corner of that image... See it? Final Fantasy Agito XIII. This was the concept art for the ending of Agito XIII. I got this from the Type-0 artbook.

In the pic, it looks like Cater is holding one of the other girls as the light is leaving her and floating away. You can faintly see Akademeia in the distance, toward the rising sun. Meanwhile, the members of Class Zero are trapped in the foreground with the darkness as they await their fate. You can see Jack in his signature pose, standing with his hands behind his head. This is a moment of tragedy and he's still pretending to be relaxed... I can't handle this, man. 😭 

There might be more that I'm forgetting, but those are the two new things that Actually feel like something to me at the moment.

Edited by setsugekka

Long time no see! (Man, I've been so inactive here...:()

*gasps at Jack and Demyx* 👀

On 12/27/2021 at 5:37 PM, setsugekka said:

There's some very faint text in the bottom right corner of that image... See it? Final Fantasy Agito XIII. This was the concept art for the ending of Agito XIII. I got this from the Type-0 artbook.

May I just say, that is beautiful art..... and so sad! Yeah, I can see Jack there...😭

That quote before is so MoM-esque. I can totally hear him saying that haha 

So I got the translated Character Files book! There were a couple things I found interesting:

First, the description for Ventus's Keyblade:

A Keyblade with a distorted shape, as though its missing pieces have been forcibly replaced. Is the distortion due to Ventus's lack of experience, or could it be hinting at the future of his heart? When he rides it, the Keyblade changes into a form that resembles a surfboard.

"Hinting at the future of his heart"....what?! 🤔

In Axel's, it literally says that the girl he and Isa were looking for has black hair. I already was aware of that one, but it's just weird to see it. That totally gives it away (but of course people are gonna keep speculating anyway lol)!

The description for Terra-Xehanort's Keyblade says that the animal on it could actually resemble a goat or a lion...hmmmm...:

The Xehanort inhabiting Terra's body so has the same Keyblade as Master Xehanort. It has a decoration resembling a goat or a lion. In a certain report, the word "scapegoat" is mentioned in reference to this Keyblade, but...?

There's several other spots where it puts "but...?" at the end of the sentence. It's annoying! lol

For Demyx's story, it translates the "old guy" part as "the old guy's bunch". And this part:

Oh yeah, what is it that person used to say all the time? Something about a guiding key?

Come to think of it, wasn't something guiding me?

This isn't a huge thing, but in the Guardians of Light chapter, it has the section "Record of [character]'s Journey" for most of the characters, which chronologically summarizes their journey in each game they appear. For Mickey, Donald, and Goofy......it includes the part where they're in KHUX, which makes me wonder again if they really visited or not, as I've always thought they were just data simulations that the Player met in the virtual Daybreak Town projected by the Book of Prophecies... but then that shadow of someone watching Mickey and the tiny continuation of that scene in the novel makes it seem important.....

AHHH, if only they didn't put it there! It's boggling my mind.

But yeah, that's what I found! Hope I didn't miss anything.

Oh yeah, the new info about FFOrigins came out some time ago!

Spoiler

So Jack is Garland....and Chaos! 👀

(i literally didn't process anything else besides that lol)

Edited by Double OKP

On 12/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, Double OKP said:

This isn't a huge thing, but in the Guardians of Light chapter, it has the section "Record of [character]'s Journey" for most of the characters, which chronologically summarizes their journey in each game they appear. For Mickey, Donald, and Goofy......it includes the part where they're in KHUX, which makes me wonder again if they really visited or not, as I've always thought they were just data simulations that the Player met in the virtual Daybreak Town projected by the Book of Prophecies... but then that shadow of someone watching Mickey and the tiny continuation of that scene in the novel makes it seem important.....

I came up with an explanation for this a while ago, but I have no idea if it's actually correct or not. lol I thought they might've been a version of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy from the age of fairytales. You know, when the world ends, it starts over again. All the people in those worlds also gradually return and continue their lives as they had before. So, isn't it possible that they DID exist in the age of fairytales, but then they simply forgot about what happened when the world started over? Er... Well... Okay, the more I think about it, the more unsure I am again. We know that the worlds were all connected as one during that time, but even that seems confusing to me now... We apparently had to use the BoP to visit future versions of those worlds for a reason, right? Hm... Well, it's a thought.

I recently acquired an issue of Famitsu from 2006 which contains their first feature of the Fabula Nova Crystallis. I translated all of the parts about Agito XIII. You can read that here. I noticed a few interesting things...

• It seems like there really were supposed to be 13 characters. Famitsu noted the absence of the 13th member in the character art as something conspicuous. (I assume the 13th was going to be Lean Joker. This makes him seem really important, imo.)
  • You could only pick ONE character to play as, as opposed to being able to use all of the 14 characters in Type-0.
  • The characters didn't have names. You would name them yourself. This gives me new thoughts where the MoM's name is concerned.
  • Tabata once again mentions the "blood pacts" with the Crystals. In the first Agito XIII trailer, the room where Ace forges one of those pacts with the Crystal is the same room in Type-0 where you choose to accept the Crystal's offer to become a l'Cie. The Riplai book stated that the pacts would provide the students with various blessings, such as weapons. That's how Ace receives his cards in the trailer. I think it's more than that, though. Seems like another l'Cie situation to me. I mean, it's... It's a BLOOD pact. That feels like you're signing away or soul or something.

Have I mentioned that the ending where you choose to become l'Cie and obey the will of the Crystal is called "The Chapter of Darkness"?

atVvWBs.jpg

Here's a screenshot of Jack looking really cool as a l'Cie. Very Darkness. (I finally got the gold uniforms!) I tried to fight the Rursus for as long as I could... It was exhausting. I understand why you're tired, MoM. Beating them is impossible because they never stop coming and they just keep getting stronger. Eventually, they're able to 1-shot you with every hit... This game does such a good job of making you feel like everything you do is meaningless. lol After about an hour, I gave up and let the world end.

Speaking of the blood pacts and obeying the Crystal... There's a part of me that wonders if that's what Demyx was talking about in his character file. When he wonders what's guiding him, I think the natural first thought is that he was referring to being guided by a keyblade or possibly even his own heart. I haven't given up on the thought of there being a Crystal inside the black box, or the MoM being a something like a l'Cie in general. When you become a l'Cie, you give up your free will. Even regular people who aren't l'Cie rely so much on the Crystals that they tell each other "May the Crystal guide you." The Chapter of Darkness is the bad ending because you're supposed to think for yourself and choose to NOT become a l'Cie.

So, what if Demyx's Somebody (MoM or otherwise) was completely beholden to a Crystal before he became Demyx? Or, y'know, something like this where he didn't have the choice to guide himself.

Anyway.

I get the feeling that I've been sort of overlooking the fact that Agito XIII was a mobile game. The fact that Demyx suddenly has a gummiphone (bruh, we haven't even seen him use it. Why does he have that? lol), and the fact that the Foretellers are standing on the NTT Docomo building (a cellphone carrier) in the KH3 boxart, seem like things that could go together. Like, if Demyx is the MoM or whatever, it seems totally appropriate for him to have a phone. Those articles I translated really hammer in the fact that the mobile platform was the most INTEGRAL part of Agito XIII as a game.

I still feel stupid about getting confused by those parts of Demyx's character file. I was thinking too hard. lol Those sentences were more literal than I realized. I'm not completely happy with their translation, but it's fine.

I think the things about the No Name and Ven's keyblade sound more perplexing than they really are. For instance, I think Ven's is just referring to how his heart will be shattered and he'll have to join with Sora. It's not literally being prophetic. It's just artistic. The No Name one is a little weird??? I think that Xigbar's hubris might come back to bite him. Xehanort was clearly a scapegoat, but Xigbar doesn't seem that different when you think about it. So maybe that's what it was getting at. *shrug*

On 12/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, Double OKP said:

Oh yeah, the new info about FFOrigins came out some time ago!

Yeah, it seems like everybody was right. lol I'm curious about what the story is going to be like.

Oh! Speaking of new games! We actually finally got a visual for Tabata's two new games!

WslqHVn.jpg

I think the top one is the one "like FFXV" and the bottom one is the one "like Type-0" that he mentioned. The quality of this artwork feels a little iffy to me, but then I remember that these are both supposed to be AAA titles in collaboration with another major company, so I can't let my first impression be everything. The top one does indeed look like a "nomadic" type of game where you fight giant enemies like in FFXV, and the bottom one seems to be featuring weapons and armor potentially belonging to many different characters. Interesting! Can't wait to see how similar they are to those FF games.

I'm personally excited to see the harp and samurai gear (Actually, it looks like there's a katana on the left in addition to the samurai armor on the right), so that means there could be characters like Deuce and Jack, my two favs to play as.