Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
G-SANtos

Is R the new X?

So, I found this tweet pointing out how every student has a R in their name: Xehanort, Eraqus, Hermod, Bragi, Urd, Vor, and Baldr. Someone replied that if X is Chi, R is Rho (even the letter is more similar to a P, but okay) and uploaded an image of the Chi Rho symbol.

The game's name, "Dark Road", is written ダークロード in Japanese. I always thought the name was some sort of pun on "Dark Lord" because the katakana is the same, but thinking about that Twitter thread, I realized the name contains the Greek letter in it. Road = ロード, Rho (Ρ / ρ) = ロー. And since it's the same app as Union χ, then both Chi and Rho are in the same app.

So, what do you think? Is the letter R going to be important going forward? Is there going to be a ρ-blade or something? Are we going to learn there are more anagrams going on, and Urd and Vor were once name Du and Ov?

You are overthinking stuff, pal. The "R" presence is a mere coincidence, because most of the names of this game comes from Norse Mythology; and in Norway, the "R" was one on the most used letters. Mere coincidence, nothing really hidden here. 

On 12/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, G-SANtos said:

So, I found this tweet pointing out how every student has a R in their name: Xehanort, Eraqus, Hermod, Bragi, Urd, Vor, and Baldr. Someone replied that if X is Chi, R is Rho (even the letter is more similar to a P, but okay) and uploaded an image of the Chi Rho symbol.

The game's name, "Dark Road", is written ダークロード in Japanese. I always thought the name was some sort of pun on "Dark Lord" because the katakana is the same, but thinking about that Twitter thread, I realized the name contains the Greek letter in it. Road = ロード, Rho (Ρ / ρ) = ロー. And since it's the same app as Union χ, then both Chi and Rho are in the same app.

So, what do you think? Is the letter R going to be important going forward? Is there going to be a ρ-blade or something? Are we going to learn there are more anagrams going on, and Urd and Vor were once name Du and Ov?

Quite a lot of characters have R in their names like; Kairi, Riku, Sora, Roxas, Hayner, and Terra.