Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DisneyXPixarfan95

Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts IV - Let's Discuss Encanto, Coco, Turning Red, Lightyear, Strange World, etc.

Hi everyone, I want to create this special Thread to discuss which Disney films (Walt Disney Animation Studios, Live-Action and Pixar) you would like to see in future games in the Kingdom Hearts franchise. 

Everyone can contribute and share their ideas on this thread on the latest new Disney film announcements, what Disney films (new and returning) would you like to see show up in Kingdom Hearts and why you want to see them implemented. It doesn't matter if it's short or long, just feel free and let us share our thoughts and ongoing discussions

Edited by DisneyXPixarfan95
Major change for title following Kingdom Hearts IV's announcement

11 minutes ago, Véńțúş_wîņđ said:

Imagine if bill syfer got ahold of darkness and the Heartless that would be lowkey awesome.

Actually this thread is dedicated to Disney films we want to see as worlds and honestly I'm not sure if Television shows will ever have a chance to appear in Kingdom Hearts.

princess and the frog, brave, up, coco, wall-e, emperor's new groove, pocahontas, moana, inside out, rescuers, sword in the stone, jungle book, black cauldron, fantasia 2000, treasure planet, atlantis, meet the robinsons

better stop myself there

Edited by ocean's rage

Also forgive me If I haven't posted this until now but yesterday the Walt Disney Company held it's Disney Investor's Day meeting where they showcased new projects from it's various divisions but it's Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar which took in the shots on the newest projects announced.

Walt Disney Animation Studios
Disney has revealed new information on it's upcoming film Raya and the Last Dragon as well as it's new cast of characters:

Spoiler

Boun.thumb.jpg.971b66ad42a153a24e07d824459e0d83.jpg
Boun

Tong.thumb.jpg.90ad729eccd2b372a23be9c275c88be4.jpg
Tong

Noi.thumb.jpg.b520bf62db8efa4834a0fdbc8453650a.jpg
Noi

Ongi.thumb.jpg.402abc3c8b88d9d7c612cb276725386e.jpg
The Ongi

Plus our official look at Sisu:

Spoiler

Sisu.thumb.jpg.c90094690934fa3d6a3a6e7473dc4265.jpg
Sisu

The more Info and footage I see of Raya and the Last Dragon, the more I'm excited I am to see this film and I can't wait with what Nomura and the development team will do with Kumandra and its characters once it's implemented as a world in Kingdom Hearts IV and the interactions they would have with Sora, Donald and Goofy. 

Then we get Encanto coming to theaters November 2021, not much is known about this film but it's set in Colombia, where a magical family lives in a magical home. It's too early to know if this will appear in the next Numbered title (KH4) like Raya, cause it will all come down to similarities to the environment with the other Disney worlds and whether Nomura and his team had finalized their world selection, but hey if Tron: Legacy and Big Hero 6 got included as worlds for Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts III respectively, then it wouldn't surprise me they might include this film as a world.
Disney-Encanto-movie.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w

Although it's too early to tell if this will become a world in a future KH game, Walt Disney Animation Studios has teamed with Kugali for the animated series, Iwájú, based on the comic book series by Fikayo Adeola, Hamid Ibrahim and Tolu Olowofoyeku. The series is set in a futuristic Lagos, Nigeria's capital city.
Eo7jiU0XMAE72us.jpeg

The visuals of the concept art would look incredible for a Kingdom Hearts level plus the meaning:

Spoiler

Iwaju" -- which translates to "the future" in the Yoruba language spoken in West Africa. Could be an important plot device for a future Kingdom Hearts game.

Pixar Animation Studios
For Pixar's presentation, not only did we got footage of Soul coming to Disney+ December 25 (which would be a good discussion right here), but Pixar has announced new info on it's upcoming film Luca set to be released in Summer 2021.
Eo6rQY4WEAE6fnk?format=jpg&name=large
It's about a young boy named Luca experiencing an unforgettable summer with his new best friend in the beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera. Unfortunately for Luca, he has a deep secret: He is a sea monster from another world just below the water’s surface.

While it's too early to know when to expect this film to become a world in the next KH game (due to the COVID-19 pandemic) and whether the world based on the film will be a retelling of the film or an original story like Toy Box and Monstropolis in Kingdom Hearts III at the request by Pixar, the film's description on Luca's friendship with his new friend, the Seaside Italian Riviera setting and Luca's secret of being a sea monster from another world, could serve as useful plot elements for the next games and do fit the themes seen in previous games in the Kingdom Hearts series.

But before the Pixar section ended, Pixar has announced two new films coming in 2022:

• Turning Red which centers on a girl named Mei Lee who experiences the changes to her interests, relationships, and her body, but when she gets too excited she turns into a Giant Red Panda. The film will hit theaters in March 2022
    1260454637_TurningRed.jpeg.2dd6e9b47f4a93f42f48739b95753eaf.jpeg

• Lightyear an origin story centered on the real Buzz Lightyear, the hero who inspired the toy. The film reveals how a young test pilot became the Space Ranger that we all know him to be today. The film will hit theaters in June 2022.
    Lightyear.jpg.2e6d0429a4601357191763e305996422.jpg

Although it's unlikely these Pixar films will be in KHIV, Lightyear could be an interesting inclusion to Kingdom Hearts and perhaps:

Spoiler

Could be a world explored in the Unreality similar to the real Yozora being in Quadratum after he previously appeared within Toy Box (Toy Story world).

What do you guys think of the Investor's meeting and your thoughts on the upcoming projects from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar respectively?

On 12/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, WakelessDream said:

Coco and Moana are at the top of my list, both are visually stunning movies that I feel would make for visually stunning worlds, and both have themes that I feel would fit really well into Kingdom Hearts. xD 

Couldn't agree with you more, Coco is the one I'm most excited to see implemented into Kingdom Hearts as the themes of remembrance, memories, friendship and family do align with the theme common in most Kingdom Hearts games and it's going to be interesting which route they would take for a potential Coco world (prequel or sequel) as Pixar likes to have their worlds be original storylines over retellings as shown with Toy Box and Monstropolis. It's without a doubt one of my favorite Pixar films.

For Moana, her journey on restoring the Heart of Te Fiti and the Islands decaying/dying due to Maui taking the Heart, do somewhat mirror the first KH game when Sora goes on his Journey to fight the darkness, plus I could see some good fun bonding moments and interactions between Moana and Kairi or Sora. I could see this film going either way but it wouldn't surprise me if this would become a world in the next KH game after Melody of Memory over Kingdom Hearts IV. Zootopia and Raya on the other hand are definitely shoo-ins for KH4 for sure.

Ever since KH3 speculation I've been most longing for Treasure Planet and Atlantis in particular but I'd also love to see Emperor's New Groove with the original Kingdom Of the Sun Yzma and Zootopia.

Silver's double agent thing in Treasure Planet would be a unique villain plot in the KH-verse and the Crystals in Atlantis could be related to the original light and/or the powers of the keyblades.

KOTS Yzma's desire to destroy the sun to reclaim her beauty and the night howlers in Zootopia would be a bitchin' darkness tie-in with the KH-verse. 

Moana also has some fantastic material. The concept of an island/land mass having a heart speaks for itself.

After the flower in Tangled was ignored which pissed me off I don't trust them to use any of this potential but it's there begging to be used. 

17 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Pixar Animation Studios
For Pixar's presentation, not only did we got footage of Soul coming to Disney+ December 25 (which would be a good discussion right here), but Pixar has announced new info on it's upcoming film Luca set to be released in Summer 2021.
Eo6rQY4WEAE6fnk?format=jpg&name=large
It's about a young boy named Luca experiencing an unforgettable summer with his new best friend in the beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera. Unfortunately for Luca, he has a deep secret:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

He is a sea monster from another world just below the water’s surface.

While it's too early to know when to expect this film to become a world in the next KH game (due to the COVID-19 pandemic) and whether the world based on the film will be a retelling of the film or an original story like Toy Box and Monstropolis in Kingdom Hearts III at the request by Pixar, the film's description on Luca's friendship with his new friend, the Seaside Italian Riviera setting and Luca's secret of:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

being a sea monster from another world

Could serve as useful plot elements for the next games and do fit the themes seen in previous games in the Kingdom Hearts series.

i dont think you need to put that in spoiler boxes its part of the official plot synopsis 

Gravity Falls, Bambi, Meet The Robinsons, Star Wars, The Emperor's New Groove, Moana, SRMTHFG (I'm sure you can figure out what it stands for), Lilo & Stitch (Hawaii this time), Pocahontas, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, and Robin Hood. That's all I can think of.

3 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i dont think you need to put that in spoiler boxes its part of the official plot synopsis 

@ocean's rageSorry about that, it just I thought since the film has yet to come out I thought it would hide it since some people might not have heard of this film until the Disney Investor's Day reveal.

1 hour ago, matteso586 said:

Gravity Falls, Bambi, Meet The Robinsons, Star Wars, The Emperor's New Groove, Moana, SRMTHFG (I'm sure you can figure out what it stands for), Lilo & Stitch (Hawaii this time), Pocahontas, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, and Robin Hood. That's all I can think of.

As much as I love Gravity Falls and Star Vs., I really don't think that Disney Television Animation shows will show up in any Kingdom Hearts games anytime soon, even same can be said with Super Robot Monkey Team (SRMTHFG).

As for Star Wars, I'm very ambivalent of it's inclusion to Kingdom Hearts along with Marvel. Besides this thread is ONLY which Disney films (Walt Disney Animation Studios, Live-Action and Pixar) you would like to see in future games in the Kingdom Hearts franchise

As far as older films, I would LOVE to see Atlantis the Lost Empire and Treasure Planet (both are classics in my opinion and would love to see them both in the KH universe). As far as newer films, that would be Moana and Coco (both movies are gorgeous and I would LOVE to be able to play in their environments), and for films not yet released my top pick so far would be Raya and the Last Dragon, it looks beautiful and I'm excited to see it when it releases. ?

Here is my Ideas for what Disney Worlds that should be included in the Future Of Kingdom Hearts...

New Disney Worlds

Walt Disney Animation Studios

• Forest of the Great Prince (Bambi)
  • London World (Either 101 Dalmatians or Great Mouse Detective)
  • Fields of Bravery (The Sword in the Stone)
  • Nottingham Forest (Robin Hood)
  • Prydain (The Black Cauldron)
  • Mystic Woods (Pocahontas)
  • The Land of Dinosaurs (Dinosaur 2000)
  • Kuzco's Empire (Emperor's New Groove)
  • Lost Capital (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
  • Kauai  Islands (Lilo and Stitch)
  • Legacy to Galaxy (Treasure Planet)
  • Spirit Mountain (Brother Bear)
  • Todayland (Meet the Robinsons)
  • Town of Wishes (The Princess and the Frog)
  • Savannah Central (Zootopia)
  • Islands of the Ancestors (Moana)
  • Kumandra (Raya and the Last Dragon)
  • Colombia (Encanto)

Pixar

• Ant Island (A Bug's Life)
  • City of Supers (Incredibles)
  • Desolated Zone (Wall-E)
  • Riley's Mind (Inside Out)
  • Land of the Dead (Coco)
  • The Land of Magic (Onward)
  • Italy Town (Luca)

Misc. Worlds

• Marvel Universe (Marvel) (Featuring all of the Marvel Properties from Avengers, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Wasp, Captain Marvel, Black Panther (As a Tribute to Chadwick Boseman), Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Inhumans, Fantastic Four, X-Men even Deadpool)
  • The Amazonian Jungle (Jungle Cruise 2021 Starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt)

I didn't include Star Wars due to the Fact that EA Games has exclusive gaming rights and they wouldn't allow Star Wars in the Kingdom Hearts Series. I'm also going to say this but i think having Characters from the Disney TV Animation as Characters in other Worlds would be Similar to the Final Fantasy Characters in other Worlds as well. I'm not so sure how they will incorportate Lightyear (2022), Rescuers, Oliver and Company, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Jose and Panchito, Willie the Giant, Lady and the Tramp, Aristocats, Fox and the Hound and Oliver and Company in the Series. I would also love to see Oswald, Max Goof and His Friends (PJ Bobby and Roxanne) in the Series

Edited by John Horton

New Worlds

Coco

Treasure planet

Onward

Emperors New Groove

Cars

Moana

Princess and The Frog

Raya and The Last Dragon

Zootopia

Brother Bear

A Bugs Life

Returning Worlds

Nightmare Before Christmas 

Big Hero 6

Lilo and Stitch

Aladdin

Tangled

Tron

Toy Story

Lion King

Monsters Inc

Hercules

Edited by Slyfhit
Added missing info

17 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

As much as I love Gravity Falls and Star Vs., I really don't think that Disney Television Animation shows will show up in any Kingdom Hearts games anytime soon, even same can be said with Super Robot Monkey Team (SRMTHFG).

As for Star Wars, I'm very ambivalent of it's inclusion to Kingdom Hearts along with Marvel. Besides this thread is ONLY which Disney films (Walt Disney Animation Studios, Live-Action and Pixar) you would like to see in future games in the Kingdom Hearts franchise

Don't forget that Experiment 221 (Sparky) appeared in Birth By Sleep. And If I don't know any better, Stitch The Movie acts as a pilot to Lilo & Stitch: The Series.

Besides, I don't think they ever said that the Disney shows won't get their own worlds.

20 hours ago, matteso586 said:

Don't forget that Experiment 221 (Sparky) appeared in Birth By Sleep. And If I don't know any better, Stitch The Movie acts as a pilot to Lilo & Stitch: The Series.

Besides, I don't think they ever said that the Disney shows won't get their own worlds.

@matteso586But that's a different situation, I'm literally referring to original Disney TV animation IP (e.g. Gravity Falls, The Owl House, Amphibia, Star vs.) cause personally I doubt I would see them appear in a Kingdom Hearts game, cause I feel they would have this uncanny artstyle when they're CG characters, plus I doubt Nomura and his team are aware and even interested in including TV shows into Kingdom Hearts, plus Sparky's (Experiment 221) inclusion to BBS was due to the fact that the Lilo & Stitch franchise is popular in Japan which is why he's in a meetable character in Disney Parks Japan, the Stitch anime and merchandising and his appearance in BBS.

As for Tangled the Series and Big Hero 6: The series, I'm very adamant of their inclusions in future KH games especially Tangled cause not only were they done at different divisions (Shows: Disney TVA, Films: Walt Disney Animation Studios) but it requires changing the characters introduced into the show (e.g. Cassandra and Varian for Tangled the series) in the style of the original film or simply changing the look of Kingdom of Corona and San Fransokyo into the style of the show albeit CG. I don't know, I just don't agree that they would include Television shows or characters that originated in a Telelvision show into Kingdom Hearts.

Let's not derail this off-topic cause again this thread is ONLY for Disney films (Walt Disney Animation Studios, Live-Action and Pixar) you would like to see in future games in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Small edit

1 hour ago, Willow A113 said:

Please let's not go back there

You're not the only one and I agree, I don't know if Hercules moreso Olympus will return as a world again in future KH games, cause initially prior to KH3's reveal of Olympus' return I thought Kingdom Hearts II was the last we saw of Hercules and Olympus Coliseum as Sora, Donald and Goofy have officially become True heroes through the Constellations.

However, the reason Olympus returned to Kingdom Hearts III was because according to Nomura in the KH3 Ultimania the world fit the theme on the beginning of the Hero's Journey which is why Sora came to this world to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his powers and strength after Sora lost most of his powers and abilities from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery exam in Dream Drop Distance. Plus we haven't explored Thebes and Mt. Olympus before as in the majority of its appearances it was mainly at the Coliseum, although Kingdom Hearts II did introduce us to the Underworld.

Following KH3's story of Olympus, I say we're officially done with the world cause after the destruction of the Titans and how KH3's events reenacted the climax of the film (minus Meg dying), it just would feel tedious to have Hades to come up with a new plan to take over Mt. Olympus or destroy Hercules if he continues getting foiled again and again.

I think Hades could just go the route of Maleficent and Pete where he's just another Disney antagonist trying to get revenge on Sora.

17 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

over the years ive noticed that people barely ask for lice action films outside marvel and star wars, which normua said would be difficult to include. i wonder why

I think it's perhaps that most people always associate Marvel and Star Wars as the new "live-action" and the ones most people are acquainted with these days, but honestly I'd rather just have the Live-action Disney films over Marvel and Star Wars anyday for Kingdom Hearts.

And there's a variety of Live-action Disney films that they can use as worlds such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Witch Mountain, Mary Poppins (Including Mary Poppins Returns), Return to Oz, Oz, the Great and Powerful, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, and the upcoming Jungle Cruise.

Speaking of Jungle Cruise a world based on the film world can offer in terms of the themes, gameplay, and the environment. While it's hard to know the movesets for Emily Blunt's character Lilly, perhaps from the scenes we saw in the theatrical trailer she can be another party member for Sora and the gang as she can use a machete and isn't a damsel in distress. Even one of the villains with the snakes surrounding his body could be another Disney boss in the vein of Davy Jones.
https://youtu.be/f_HvoipFcA8 (Trailer)
25795104-8096791-image-m-83_158386235530

1 hour ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

You're not the only one and I agree, I don't know if Hercules moreso Olympus will return as a world again in future KH games, cause initially prior to KH3's reveal of Olympus' return I thought Kingdom Hearts II was the last we saw of Hercules and Olympus Coliseum as Sora, Donald and Goofy have officially become True heroes through the Constellations.

However, the reason Olympus returned to Kingdom Hearts III was because according to Nomura in the KH3 Ultimania the world fit the theme on the beginning of the Hero's Journey which is why Sora came to this world to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his powers and strength after Sora lost most of his powers and abilities from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery exam in Dream Drop Distance. Plus we haven't explored Thebes and Mt. Olympus before as in the majority of its appearances it was mainly at the Coliseum, although Kingdom Hearts II did introduce us to the Underworld.

Following KH3's story of Olympus, I say we're officially done with the world cause after the destruction of the Titans and how KH3's events reenacted the climax of the film (minus Meg dying), it just would feel tedious to have Hades to come up with a new plan to take over Mt. Olympus or destroy Hercules if he continues getting foiled again and again.

I think Hades could just go the route of Maleficent and Pete where he's just another Disney antagonist trying to get revenge on Sora.

I think it's perhaps that most people always associate Marvel and Star Wars as the new "live-action" and the ones most people are acquainted with these days, but honestly I'd rather just have the Live-action Disney films over Marvel and Star Wars anyday for Kingdom Hearts.

And there's a variety of Live-action Disney films that they can use as worlds such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Witch Mountain, Mary Poppins (Including Mary Poppins Returns), Return to Oz, Oz, the Great and Powerful, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, and the upcoming Jungle Cruise.

Speaking of Jungle Cruise a world based on the film world can offer in terms of the themes, gameplay, and the environment. While it's hard to know the movesets for Emily Blunt's character Lilly, perhaps from the scenes we saw in the theatrical trailer she can be another party member for Sora and the gang as she can use a machete and isn't a damsel in distress. Even one of the villains with the snakes surrounding his body could be another Disney boss in the vein of Davy Jones.
https://youtu.be/f_HvoipFcA8 (Trailer)
25795104-8096791-image-m-83_158386235530

that is a creepy picture. id certainly prefer some of the other live action disney films over marvel and star wars. mary poppins might be worth it just for the reaction

On 12/14/2020 at 4:37 PM, ocean's rage said:

that is a creepy picture. id certainly prefer some of the other live action disney films over marvel and star wars. mary poppins might be worth it just for the reaction

Apologies for the picture and if the embedded video wasn't shown a couple of days ago, still am learning the ropes but I agree Mary Poppins (depending on which incarnation they would use) could be a nice mini-game world if not I could see Mary Poppins be a character residing in an original world like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden.

https://youtu.be/f_HvoipFcA8

For Jungle Cruise, this could be another Live-action Disney film that can be utilized for Kingdom Hearts outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron worlds as there is so much that this world can offer in terms of the themes, gameplay, and the environment. While it's hard to know the movesets for Emily Blunt's character Lilly, perhaps from the scenes we saw in the theatrical trailer she can be another party member for Sora and the gang as she can use a machete and isn't a damsel in distress. Even one of the villains with the snakes surrounding his body could be another Disney boss in the vein of Davy Jones.

If the world does come to Kingdom Hearts IV, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in.