Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DisneyXPixarfan95

Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts IV - Let's Discuss Encanto, Coco, Turning Red, Lightyear, Strange World, etc.

3 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Apologies for the picture and if the embedded video wasn't shown a couple of days ago, still am learning the ropes but I agree Mary Poppins (depending on which incarnation they would use) could be a nice mini-game world if not I could see Mary Poppins be a character residing in an original world like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden.

https://youtu.be/f_HvoipFcA8

For Jungle Cruise, this could be another Live-action Disney film that can be utilized for Kingdom Hearts outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron worlds as there is so much that this world can offer in terms of the themes, gameplay, and the environment. While it's hard to know the movesets for Emily Blunt's character Lilly, perhaps from the scenes we saw in the theatrical trailer she can be another party member for Sora and the gang as she can use a machete and isn't a damsel in distress. Even one of the villains with the snakes surrounding his body could be another Disney boss in the vein of Davy Jones.

If the world does come to Kingdom Hearts IV, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in.

certainly would be interesting to see them use it

The Disney/Pixar film, Soul has just been released on Disney+ today and I enjoyed this film, so I would like to have a discussion on the latest Pixar movie on our thoughts of the film and how this film would be implemented into a potential future Kingdom Hearts game in terms of setting and story.

Now for anyone who hasn't watched the film, it's best to put spoiler tags on potential plot points, story elements seen in the film and this will be put up for 2-3 weeks before we start doing normal posts on the film and with that let's begin.

Edited by DisneyXPixarfan95
Small edit

3 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

The Disney/Pixar film, Soul has just been released on Disney+ today and I would like to have a discussion on the latest Pixar movie on our thoughts of the film and how this film would be implemented into a potential future Kingdom Hearts game in terms of setting and story.

Now for anyone who hasn't watched the film, it's best to put spoiler tags on potential plot points, story elements seen in the film and this will be put up for 2-3 weeks before we start doing normal posts on the film and with that let's begin.

I just got done watching the movie and I really liked it, I think there are certain concepts that might match well with KH but for the most part I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around how it could work as a world. Specifically 

Spoiler

the parts that took place on Earth seem too realistic to work. I think if it were to be implemented as a world it would have to be restricted to taking place in The Great Before and would have to have an original plot (not just following the story line of the movie) 

Maybe since it’s still fresh in my mind I’m having a hard time. Interested in hearing others’ thoughts on how it could work though. :D 

21 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

I just got done watching the movie and I really liked it, I think there are certain concepts that might match well with KH but for the most part I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around how it could work as a world. Specifically 

Hide contents

the parts that took place on Earth seem too realistic to work. I think if it were to be implemented as a world it would have to be restricted to taking place in The Great Before and would have to have an original plot (not just following the story line of the movie) 

Maybe since it’s still fresh in my mind I’m having a hard time. Interested in hearing others’ thoughts on how it could work though. :D 

You do bring up a good point @WakelessDream, as far goes as setting they can have it be set in:

Spoiler

The Great Before and "The Zone" where Joe and 22 visits Moonwind with the Pink ship as the main settings for the world. 
714145397_TheGreatBefore.thumb.png.64025248eaaa560e3e9d6bf1987bb3ce.png
22753541_TheZone1.thumb.png.f0da3d59454a9a22c61203758808a11d.png
1127824769_TheZone2.thumb.png.16301ba4ea0a213b072f5488b63d5cf9.png

Now seeing as how Pixar prefers to have the stories of the Pixar worlds be original storylines exclusive to Kingdom Hearts instead of a retelling of the movies as shown with Toy Box and Monstropolis in KH3, it's seems to me that they would do the same thing with this one and it could go the following:

Spoiler

1. A prequel to the movie but centered on 22 who has been living in The Great Before for hundreds of years and the inhabitants of The Great Before, plus Sora or whomever interaction with her.
  2. Set after the events of the movie and has it centered on Sora or whomever exploring the Great Before and "The Zone"

One thing that could serve as a interesting plot tool connection with the film Soul and to Kingdom Hearts is:

Spoiler

The Lost Souls

Similar to how Toy Box (Toy Story) dealt with how the Toys gained "hearts" from the love and connection from their owner Andy and Monstropolis (Monster's Inc.) dealing with Positive and Negative energy with the latter attracting the attention of Vanitas and the Unversed as Screams produced negative energy, the world could also tackle the themes of "obsession" and distraction which is where the Lost Souls come in play.

In the film, Lost Souls are souls that are obsessed with something that disconnects them from life turning them into mindless creatures, and during the climax of the film, 22 became a lost soul after becoming obsessed with something before being restored thanks to Joe.
101363792_LostSouls1.thumb.png.53abfefac6ae7e5ad7e4a85c4fde69fc.png
1083365013_LostSouls2.thumb.png.547cec38774095ad19b8d3cccab954d6.png
71329624_LostSouls3.thumb.png.80dca590ab7dc80c414eb293b0c8cdf9.png
This is somewhat reminiscent to the Darklings, pureblood heartless seen in χ/Union χ where they used to be Keyblade wielders that succumbed to the darkness in their hearts.

Imagine the possibilities that Sora or whoever will visit this world having to experience the Lost Soul and what plans that Xigbar/Luxu and The Foretellers could do to this world and the Souls that are disconnected from life.

It's too early to know for sure if we will see this film appear as a world in the next KH game after Melody of Memory or in Kingdom Hearts IV, cause Nomura and his team cherry-pick Disney worlds based on the following:

• Which Disney films Nomura and the team want as worlds for the specific KH game.
  • The themes that the specific Disney world (New or returning) based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.) - Which is debatable
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and the environment that the world can offer.
  • Level Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the specific KH game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3).

It wouldn't surprise me if Soul appears in the next KH game as the most recent Disney/Pixar film implemented as a world seeing as we had Tron: Legacy implemented as a world in Dream Drop Distance and Big Hero 6 as a world in Kingdom Hearts III respectively. It will come down if it shares similarities to Coco cause despite having different environments, both films all share the same theme of death/afterlife, so personally Nomura and his team will have to decide which one to choose as a world and which one they would save later as a world in another KH game, but I imagine Coco being the likely Pixar world they would choose

Small edit

20 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

You do bring up a good point @WakelessDream, as far goes as setting they can have it be set in:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

The Great Before and "The Zone" where Joe and 22 visits Moonwind with the Pink ship as the main settings for the world. 
714145397_TheGreatBefore.thumb.png.64025248eaaa560e3e9d6bf1987bb3ce.png
22753541_TheZone1.thumb.png.f0da3d59454a9a22c61203758808a11d.png
1127824769_TheZone2.thumb.png.16301ba4ea0a213b072f5488b63d5cf9.png

Now seeing as how Pixar prefers to have the stories of the Pixar worlds be original storylines exclusive to Kingdom Hearts instead of a retelling of the movies as shown with Toy Box and Monstropolis in KH3, it's seems to me that they would do the same thing with this one and it could go the following:

1. A prequel to the movie but centered on 22 who has been living in The Great Before for hundreds of years and the inhabitants of The Great Before, plus Sora or whomever interaction with her.
  2. Set after the events of the movie and has it centered on Sora or whomever exploring the Great Before and "The Zone"

One thing that could serve as a interesting plot tool connection with the film Soul and to Kingdom Hearts is:

The Lost Souls

Similar to how Toy Box (Toy Story) dealt with how the Toys gained "hearts" from the love and connection from their owner Andy and Monstropolis (Monster's Inc.) dealing with Positive and Negative energy with the latter attracting the attention of Vanitas and the Unversed as Screams produced negative energy, the world could also tackle the themes of "obsession" and distraction which is where the Lost Souls come in play.

In the film, Lost Souls are souls that are obsessed with something that disconnects them from life turning them into mindless creatures, and during the climax of the film, 22 became a lost soul after becoming obsessed with something before being restored thanks to Joe.
101363792_LostSouls1.thumb.png.53abfefac6ae7e5ad7e4a85c4fde69fc.png
1083365013_LostSouls2.thumb.png.547cec38774095ad19b8d3cccab954d6.png
71329624_LostSouls3.thumb.png.80dca590ab7dc80c414eb293b0c8cdf9.png
This is somewhat reminiscent to the Darklings, pureblood heartless seen in χ/Union χ where they used to be Keyblade wielders that succumbed to the darkness in their hearts.

Imagine the possibilities that Sora or whoever will visit this world having to experience the Lost Soul and what plans that Xigbar/Luxu and The Foretellers could do to this world and the Souls that are disconnected from life.

It's too early to know for sure if we will see this film appear as a world in the next KH game after Melody of Memory or in Kingdom Hearts IV, cause Nomura and his team cherry-pick Disney worlds based on the following:

• Which Disney films Nomura and the team want as worlds for the specific KH game.
  • The themes that the specific Disney world (New or returning) based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.) - Which is debatable
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and the environment that the world can offer.
  • Level Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the specific KH game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3).

It wouldn't surprise me if Soul appears in the next KH game as the most recent Disney/Pixar film implemented as a world seeing as we had Tron: Legacy implemented as a world in Dream Drop Distance and Big Hero 6 as a world in Kingdom Hearts III respectively. It will come down if it shares similarities to Coco cause despite having different environments, both films all share the same theme of death/afterlife, so personally Nomura and his team will have to decide which one to choose as a world and which one they would save later as a world in another KH game, but I imagine Coco being the likely Pixar world they would choose

Wow you put a lot of thought into this. I'll try to reply as best I can haha. xD 

I found myself making comparisons to Coco as well when I watched Soul, because of the life/death themes, however I think both could work in the same game and it wouldn't be repetitive, seeing as Coco while about life/death also has themes about family, friendship, and memories, where as Soul is more about focusing on what's important in your life, and appreciating that. 

As for setting 

Spoiler

The Great Before and The Zone would make for lovely in game environments, I almost want to see it in future titles for just that alone, but I also feel like only having two main areas kind of limits the scope of the world. I suppose they could include The Hall of Everything and the other area (the name slips my mind rn) but the place where you basically see different points in your life.

As for story 

Spoiler

Having it set as a prequel I feel wouldn't work because that would mean Joe wouldn't be present, it doesn't make sense to me to introduce a Disney world only to have one of its main characters out of the picture. 

Having it set afterwards might work though! It seems like people can return to the area if they're "in the zone" as the movie puts it so having 22 and Joe around wouldn't cause any discrepancies. Perhaps it could be a situation where Sora or whoever find themselves in The Great Before and Joe and 22 try to help them return to their own world. They could even give us a badge to fill out as we progress through the world.

On the plot connections you pointed out

Spoiler

I thought of the Heartless too when the Lost Souls showed up, and also Anti Form (though that's probably a bit of a stretch) The Darklings are a good parallel too! 

Could be interesting to have a villain tampering in the world and provoking Lost Souls or something. 

So yeah those are some more thoughts I have on it. I still think it would be pretty tricky to pull off as a world but it's fun to speculate and hear different ideas. :D 

On 12/27/2020 at 9:37 PM, WakelessDream said:

Wow you put a lot of thought into this. I'll try to reply as best I can haha. xD 

I found myself making comparisons to Coco as well when I watched Soul, because of the life/death themes, however I think both could work in the same game and it wouldn't be repetitive, seeing as Coco while about life/death also has themes about family, friendship, and memories, where as Soul is more about focusing on what's important in your life, and appreciating that. 

As for setting 

Hide contents

The Great Before and The Zone would make for lovely in game environments, I almost want to see it in future titles for just that alone, but I also feel like only having two main areas kind of limits the scope of the world. I suppose they could include The Hall of Everything and the other area (the name slips my mind rn) but the place where you basically see different points in your life.

Good eye on Coco and Soul possibly appearing as worlds together in a potential future KH game and having different themes from one another @WakelessDream, even you had the likes some Disney worlds like for instance the worlds of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty respectively from Birth by Sleep having Forest environments in parts of their worlds but sharing different themes from one another hence why they appeared in the same game together, along with Kingdom of Corona and Arendelle appearing together. 

Of course, it's an Apple to Oranges situation cause you may have Disney worlds that have different environments from the other worlds but share similar themes or vice-versa (different themes but similar looking environments) which is why you have some appear together in the same KH game together and other times one is chosen and the other excluded, hence why we didn't get a Treasure Planet world (a film that fans begged for it to appear as a world) in KH3 as The Caribbean took it's place as they are Pirate themed films despite having different looking environments and themes, or the most well-know was the exclusion of The Jungled Book due to it's environment being similar to Tarzan's Deep Jungle. Even Wreck-It Ralph wasn't included as a world in KH3 despite the fact that it's environment is different from the other KH3 Disney worlds.

To be fair, a few Disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts series were relegated to one or two specific areas or in just one main location such as Neverland in the first Kingdom Hearts we only explored Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and the Big Ben Clock Tower, but not the Island of Neverland and for Olympus Coliseum (except in KH2 where the Underworld was included) we only explored just the Coliseum. Even you had other worlds like Monstropolis which was just primarily set in the Monster's Incorporated building with several different hallways and corridors; Beast's Castle where we just explore the castle where the Beast lives; San Fransokyo only had Hiro's Garage and 1/4 of the San Fransokyo city; Toy Box only had Andy's House and Galaxy Toys (with the floor levels), among many other Disney worlds.

Spoiler

Spoiler

So perhaps as you said, they could have The Great Before (which includes the You Seminar, the Hall of Everything and Hall of You) and "The Zone" as the primary locations to explore

As for story 

Hide contents

Having it set as a prequel I feel wouldn't work because that would mean Joe wouldn't be present, it doesn't make sense to me to introduce a Disney world only to have one of its main characters out of the picture. 

Having it set afterwards might work though! It seems like people can return to the area if they're "in the zone" as the movie puts it so having 22 and Joe around wouldn't cause any discrepancies. Perhaps it could be a situation where Sora or whoever find themselves in The Great Before and Joe and 22 try to help them return to their own world. They could even give us a badge to fill out as we progress through the world.

I think the sequel route would be the best solution over the prequel route, cause

Spoiler

Joe was able to enter "The Zone by playing the Piano without having to die just like Moonwind residing in the Zone as he's a Sign Twirling. It's going to be interesting how 22 will come in to play cause at the end of the film, she enters Earth with her Earth badge and soon will forget memories of their past life and formed a new identity after being born in the real world, unless Pixar does a "Deus Ex-Machina" or loophole so that 22 can appearing in the "Zone".

On the plot connections you pointed out

Hide contents

I thought of the Heartless too when the Lost Souls showed up, and also Anti Form (though that's probably a bit of a stretch) The Darklings are a good parallel too! 

Could be interesting to have a villain tampering in the world and provoking Lost Souls or something. 

So yeah those are some more thoughts I have on it. I still think it would be pretty tricky to pull off as a world but it's fun to speculate and hear different ideas. :D 

Thanks, I had to make the connection between

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Lost Souls and the Heartless (specifically the Darklings) as they are reminiscent of one another for losing your own way and turning into something else.

I have no comment on The Foretellers and what role they would play as an antagonist for the specific Disney worlds, so too early to tell.

Even with the difficulties on how Soul would work out as a Kingdom Hearts world, I'm very confident that Nomura and Pixar would come up with a unique Original story for Soul and what adventures await for Sora (or whomever) in The Great Before and "The Zone."

Small edit

I can’t comment on everything right now but I think the biggest road block in my mind is that I think the concept of a soul in Soul and the concept of a soul in the context of Kingdom Hearts may not necessarily line up? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if they decide to include it and if they end up pulling it off well. 

On a lighter note, came across this fan concept for how Sora and co’s Soul forms could look, thought it’d be neat to share here :D 

On 12/29/2020 at 10:50 AM, WakelessDream said:

I can’t comment on everything right now but I think the biggest road block in my mind is that I think the concept of a soul in Soul and the concept of a soul in the context of Kingdom Hearts may not necessarily line up? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if they decide to include it and if they end up pulling it off well. 

On a lighter note, came across this fan concept for how Sora and co’s Soul forms could look, thought it’d be neat to share here :D 

I think I see the "Soul" in the Soul world be hand-waved as a function of that world, same with how Hades and the Underworld and the Greek gods are hand-waved off, even the same can be said for The Caribbean with Davy Jones' Heart in the Dead Man's Chest being an actual beating heart instead of the glowing Heart orbs we associate in the Kingdom Hearts universe. So I'm optimistic Nomura and Pixar will come up with something.

Oh wow, I love the Soul form designs for Sora, Donald and Goofy if they were to visit The Great Before and "The Zone" just as long as Terry doesn't go after them or Soul Sora. I also remember seeing a fan art from a few years ago of Sora fighting against Rinzler and then flash forward to Dream Drop Distance we get Sora battling against Rinzler.

I imagine that with Melody of Memory's ending and the next KH game being centered on Riku:

Spoiler

I can envision that if Riku were to visit the Soul world (as the final world), he would see Lost Soul Sora, but he won't be able to reach him

Another thing I would like to point out for Soul and Coco respectively is that all have parallel themes in which:

Spoiler

22 and Hector realise that they cannot feel complete until the time is right that being the introduction of Miguel and Joe respectively.

It can also link back to the Master of Master's obsession about timing everything precisely and that certain events are predestined no matter how aggressively the heroes try to interfere with fate.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:44 PM, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

I think is see the "Soul" in the Soul world be hand-waved as a function of that world, same with how Hades and the Underworld and the Greek gods are hand-waved off, even the same can be said for The Caribbean with Davy Jones' Heart in the Dead Man's Chest being an actual beating heart instead of the glowing Heart orbs we associate in the Kingdom Hearts universe. So I'm optimistic Nomura and Pixar will come up with something.

Oh wow, I love the Soul form designs for Sora, Donald and Goofy if they were to visit The Great Before and "The Zone" just as long as Terry doesn't go after them or Soul Sora. I also remember seeing a fan art from a few years ago of Sora fighting against Rinzler and then flash forward to Dream Drop Distance we get Sora battling against Rinzler.

I imagine that with Melody of Memory's ending and the next KH game being centered on Riku:

I can envision that if Riku were to visit the Soul world (as the final world), he would see Lost Soul Sora, but he won't be able to reach him

Another thing I would like to point out for Soul and Coco respectively is that all have parallel themes in which:

22 and Hector realise that they cannot feel complete until the time is right that being the introduction of Miguel and Joe respectively.

It can also link back to the Master of Master's obsession about timing everything precisely and that certain events are predestined no matter how aggressively the heroes try to interfere with fate.

That's a good point every world has different rules and properties that define it, so that might be a good way to get around conflicting concepts presented in the game vs the actual world itself. 

And yeah the artist did a really great job imo, makes me want to see this implemented as a world even more haha!  Also totally forgot about Terry and Jerry! I wonder how they would interact with the characters if Soul were to actually make it in as a world at some point. I guess Jerry could serve as a guide, Terry could serve as a minor roadblock for the characters....even in the movie I didn't really see him as a villain so it might make more sense to have an original KH character maybe tampering with the world instead. 

Ahh as much as I love Riku I really think we could do without another Riku-centric game, but for the context of Soul 

Spoiler

Having him see Sora as a Lost Soul but not being able to reach him might be fitting, especially since where Melody of Memory left off they're on the search for Sora. :) Actually now I'm curious for a concept of how Riku might appear to blend into that world. xD If I recall correctly the only time he got a world specific look was for The Grid in KH3D. 

Although this is week's late a designer made a Keyblade inspired by Soul and it's a very cool design even if it may need some work
EqyghggXEAIRzVG?format=png&name=900x900

Anyways with Disney's upcoming film Raya and the Last Dragon coming out in 2 months time and a trailer hopefully coming either by this week or during Super Bowl next month we got three new images of the film:
be758b7b3f6627ed6acfec11afffcf1a
raya-faces-nori-raya-and-the-last-dragon

Spoiler

fe2tHwr.jpeg

The first 2 images which consists of Raya, Noi the thieving Toddler and the Ongis is set in

Spoiler

The land of Talon.

Talon is one of the five lands in Kumandra with the other four consist of the land of Heart, Fang, Spine, and Tail. 

Their is something regarding the symbolism on each of the five clans. The land of Heart was revealed long ago as the name of Raya's clan, with the green one be confirmed to be Spine, followed by Talon being the pink, while Fang is the white one and Tail the yellow one. They must be named after the different parts of a dragon's body. It's a metaphor for the need of the five clans to be united to form a full body in order to be able to defeat the Druun.

The recent image under spoilers has

Spoiler

Raya finding one of the pieces of the Dragon Gem.

Although it's to early to know the purpose of the Gem until we get a new trailer and once the film comes out in March, I think the Dragon Gem could be a useful plot element for Kingdom Hearts IV that could attract interest for one of the Union Leaders and Xigbar/Luxu or even Maleficent and Pete to come to this world and stir some trouble in Kumandra.

So earlier today, Walt Disney Animation Studios has just released the full trailer for Raya and the Last Dragon, and wow, no words describe how incredible it looks and the environment of Kumandra, to the unique cast of characters such as Raya, Sisu and Namaari (Raya's childhood friend turned nemesis) would make this a perfect fit for a future Kingdom Hearts world.

In fact:

Spoiler

With the movie's theme being about Unity and how the Clans were divided this could be an important plot element for the Foretellers being divided. Even the Dragon Gem could be a useful plot tool that could attract the attention for one of the Union Leaders and Xigbar/Luxu or even Maleficent and Pete to come to this world and stir some trouble in Kumandra

What do you guys think of the trailer and how excited are you guys are to see this film and to have it as a future Kingdom Hearts world?

Edited for Raya

Hey folks (@WakelessDream, @ocean's rage, @SweetYetSalty, @Double OKP, etc.) I just updated the title for the thread and just posted the trailer for Raya and the Last Dragon that came out Yesterday.

You don't have to comment about if that's okay but just want to keep the forum going for discussion on our thoughts on the latest Disney and Pixar films coming out and our discussions about that upcoming Disney or Pixar film and how it would work as a potential future Kingdom Hearts world.;)

1 hour ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Hey folks (@WakelessDream, @ocean's rage, @SweetYetSalty, @Double OKP, etc.) I just updated the title for the thread and just posted the trailer for Raya and the Last Dragon that came out Yesterday.

You don't have to comment about if that's okay but just want to keep the forum going for discussion on our thoughts on the latest Disney and Pixar films coming out and our discussions about that Disney or Pixar film and how it would work as a potential Kingdom Hearts world.;)

Sorry! I'm looking forward to discussing Raya and the prospects it has for Kingdom Hearts but I'll have to reply a bit later, unfortunately I've been a bit swamped with work. I'll def be back here soon though. :D 

4 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

You don't have to comment about if that's okay but just want to keep the forum going for discussion on our thoughts on the latest Disney and Pixar films coming out and our discussions about that Disney or Pixar film and how it would work as a potential Kingdom Hearts world.;)

im bound to start picturing raya in KH when i see it

20 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

Sorry! I'm looking forward to discussing Raya and the prospects it has for Kingdom Hearts but I'll have to reply a bit later, unfortunately I've been a bit swamped with work. I'll def be back here soon though. :D 

That's okay @WakelessDream I appreciate your understanding.;)

I'll still keep the forum going whenever a new trailer for the latest Disney or Pixar film comes up will be discussed. Once the specific film comes out then this forum can be the best place to discuss our thoughts of the film and expectations on how it would fit as a world for a future Kingdom Hearts game.

And it's the best place to discuss world ideas whenever the latest new Kingdom Hearts game is announced.

18 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

im bound to start picturing raya in KH when i see it

Understood.

The forum will still keep going whenever a new trailer for the latest Disney or Pixar film comes up will be discussed. Once the specific film comes out then this forum can be the best place to discuss our thoughts of the film and expectations on how it would fit as a world for a future Kingdom Hearts game.

5 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

That's okay @WakelessDream I appreciate your understanding.;)

I'll still keep the forum going whenever a new trailer for the latest Disney or Pixar film comes up will be discussed. Once the specific film comes out then this forum can be the best place to discuss our thoughts of the film and expectations on how it would fit as a world for a future Kingdom Hearts game.

And it's the best place to discuss world ideas whenever the latest new Kingdom Hearts game is announced.

Understood.

The forum will still keep going whenever a new trailer for the latest Disney or Pixar film comes up will be discussed. Once the specific film comes out then this forum can be the best place to discuss our thoughts of the film and expectations on how it would fit as a world for a future Kingdom Hearts game.

just remember to be respectful about spoilers

9 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

just remember to be respectful about spoilers

Hakuna Matata, I'm always mindful of spoilers in fact when Soul came out I had to keep the spoilers from the film under the spoilers tags when talking to Wakeless Dream.;)

But with films released to Theaters such as Raya and the Last Dragon spoilers will be kept for 1-2 months so folks who haven't seen the film won't get spoiled.

15 minutes ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Hakuna Matata, I'm always mindful of spoilers in fact when Soul came out I had to keep the spoilers from the film under the spoilers tags when talking to Wakeless Dream.;)

But with films released to Theaters such as Raya and the Last Dragon spoilers will be kept for 1-2 months so folks who haven't seen the film won't get spoiled.

thank you, i have terrible luck with spoilers

6 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

no i mean im always blundering into spoilers by mistake

Oh okay, I just didn't know what you mean.

But as I assure you, I will keep spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the Disney and Pixar film(s) under the spoiler tag whenever a film is out in theaters for 1-2 months until it's safe to discuss it on the forums just like how we don't reveal spoilers for the KH games and any game in general on the forums.;)

Keep in mind that spoilers for anything that is not Kingdom Hearts will *not* be enforced by the moderating team...meaning we won't come down on you for failing to mask things in spoilers, it's more of a common courtesy if you want to use them but you wouldn't be required. That being said it's still nice that you guys are being considerate of others who may not be on the up and up with these new movies. xD 

Back to the topic though, I really like the Soul inspired keyblade above, I love how the teeth of the blade resemble piano keys, since that was such a big part of Soul. Also like how the hilt contains the badges. 

Re: Raya - saw the trailer when it dropped and all I can say is I would like this film to be in Kingdom Hearts for Awkwafina's character alone haha. xD It would be so entertaining to see her sassing Sora and co. I think I would need to see the actual movie first, before discussing specifically how it could work as a world, but just going off the trailer, I can say it looks like Raya herself would make for a good party member. Much like ocean's rage, I'm sure when I actually do get around to watching the full movie I'll be thinking about how it could work in the context of the series. Just going off the trailer, the movie itself does look pretty promising, and I'm looking forward to seeing it myself when it releases. :D 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:38 AM, WakelessDream said:

Keep in mind that spoilers for anything that is not Kingdom Hearts will *not* be enforced by the moderating team...meaning we won't come down on you for failing to mask things in spoilers, it's more of a common courtesy if you want to use them but you wouldn't be required. That being said it's still nice that you guys are being considerate of others who may not be on the up and up with these new movies. xD 

Back to the topic though, I really like the Soul inspired keyblade above, I love how the teeth of the blade resemble piano keys, since that was such a big part of Soul. Also like how the hilt contains the badges. 

Re: Raya - saw the trailer when it dropped and all I can say is I would like this film to be in Kingdom Hearts for Awkwafina's character alone haha. xD It would be so entertaining to see her sassing Sora and co. I think I would need to see the actual movie first, before discussing specifically how it could work as a world, but just going off the trailer, I can say it looks like Raya herself would make for a good party member. Much like ocean's rage, I'm sure when I actually do get around to watching the full movie I'll be thinking about how it could work in the context of the series. Just going off the trailer, the movie itself does look pretty promising, and I'm looking forward to seeing it myself when it releases. :D 

Thanks for letting me know about that @WakelessDream regarding spoilers on the Kingdom Hearts games and on films in general I greatly appreciate it. :3

I agree the designer who made the Soul Keyblade really captured the themes and design found in the film. My favorite as you said it yourself is the Piano keys being the teeth of the keyblade, the hilt being the badges for the soul's characteristics and the Maple seed leaf that 22 in Joe's body discovered as the keychain. Just imagine the different Keyblades from the different Pixar worlds we may visit (e.g. Coco, Inside Out, Onward, etc.) in the next games, I imagine the Coco keyblade be based on Héctor's Guitar. Speaking of which a user made fan keyblades of Coco and Inside Out along with several others in the links down below:
UFVii39.png
Coco's themed Keyblade.
YJuHoAL.png
Inside Out themed Keyblade
Fanart Keyblade Gallery 1
Fanart Keyblade Gallery 2

Finally regarding on Raya and the Last Dragon trailer, I agree while it's too early to know for sure how the film would work as a world until the film comes out next month, all I can is that as you said Sisu, the Land of Kumandra and Raya herself as a Party Member for Sora would make for a very awesome level for Kingdom Hearts. Speaking of Party members, I really hope we get more Female Party Members in Sora's party in the Disney worlds for the next games, because I’ve been noticing in the numbered KH titles we ONLY get one female Disney character in Sora’s party for the specific Disney world he visits, cause in the first Kingdom Hearts game it was Ariel, in Kingdom Hearts II we had Mulan and in Kingdom Hearts III it was Rapunzel (until her hair was cut) but for unknown reasons Go Go and Honey Lemon weren't included as party members for San Fransokyo. I do hope that Kingdom Hearts IV breaks the mold and brings in more female Disney characters in Sora's party such as Judy Hopps, Moana, Merida, Violet Parr, Helen Parr/Elasti Girl, Raya, Elsa, and Anna, instead of leaving it with just ONE female Disney character. But back on Raya as a party member I imagine her having a good dynamic with Sora and Co. and the sword (which also is an Urumi) can be an interesting weapon she uses in combat for short range and long range attacks, plus Imagine the teamup limit she would have with Sora.:D

Regarding Sisu, I agree I can imagine her humorous and sassy attitude when she interacts with Sora, Donald and Goofy and be the next Disney character that will have fun interactions to the Trio after the Genie, Mushu and Olaf. The environment and lands of Kumandra as seen in the trailer would also be fun areas to explore, it just would all come down to how much of the world in terms of exploration would be explored, if it's different from the other Disney worlds (new and returning) in terms of environment and especially if Nomura and his team are interested on including the film as a world for the next numbered KH title (which I'm very confident it will be in KHIV for sure, no question). My biggest hope is that if the film becomes a world it doesn't suffer the same treatment as Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona from Kingdom Hearts III, but that would be a discussion on another topic.;)

On 2/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Thanks for letting me know about that @WakelessDream regarding spoilers on the Kingdom Hearts games and on films in general I greatly appreciate it. :3

I agree the designer who made the Soul Keyblade really captured the themes and design found in the film. My favorite as you said it yourself is the Piano keys being the teeth of the keyblade, the hilt being the badges for the soul's characteristics and the Maple seed leaf that 22 in Joe's body discovered as the keychain. Just imagine the different Keyblades from the different Pixar worlds we may visit (e.g. Coco, Inside Out, Onward, etc.) in the next games, I imagine the Coco keyblade be based on Héctor's Guitar. Speaking of which a user made fan keyblades of Coco and Inside Out along with several others in the links down below:
UFVii39.png
Coco's themed Keyblade.
YJuHoAL.png
Inside Out themed Keyblade
Fanart Keyblade Gallery 1
Fanart Keyblade Gallery 2

Really digging the Coco keyblade :D it perfectly captures all the thematic elements that were present in the film, very nice find with all the other fan concept keyblades for other films too! 

On 2/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Finally regarding on Raya and the Last Dragon trailer, I agree while it's too early to know for sure how the film would work as a world until the film comes out next month, all I can is that as you said Sisu, the Land of Kumandra and Raya herself as a Party Member for Sora would make for a very awesome level for Kingdom Hearts. Speaking of Party members, I really hope we get more Female Party Members in Sora's party in the Disney worlds for the next games, because I’ve been noticing in the numbered KH titles we ONLY get one female Disney character in Sora’s party for the specific Disney world he visits, cause in the first Kingdom Hearts game it was Ariel, in Kingdom Hearts II we had Mulan and in Kingdom Hearts III it was Rapunzel (until her hair was cut) but for unknown reasons Go Go and Honey Lemon weren't included as party members for San Fransokyo. I do hope that Kingdom Hearts IV breaks the mold and brings in more female Disney characters in Sora's party such as Judy Hopps, Moana, Merida, Violet Parr, Helen Parr/Elasti Girl, Raya, Elsa, and Anna, instead of leaving it with just ONE female Disney character. But back on Raya as a party member I imagine her having a good dynamic with Sora and Co. and the sword (which also is an Urumi) can be an interesting weapon she uses in combat for short range and long range attacks, plus Imagine the teamup limit she would have with Sora.:D

Regarding Sisu, I agree I can imagine her humorous and sassy attitude when she interacts with Sora, Donald and Goofy and be the next Disney character that will have fun interactions to the Trio after the Genie, Mushu and Olaf. The environment and lands of Kumandra as seen in the trailer would also be fun areas to explore, it just would all come down to how much of the world in terms of exploration would be explored, if it's different from the other Disney worlds (new and returning) in terms of environment and especially if Nomura and his team are interested on including the film as a world for the next numbered KH title (which I'm very confident it will be in KHIV for sure, no question). My biggest hope is that if the film becomes a world it doesn't suffer the same treatment as Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona from Kingdom Hearts III, but that would be a discussion on another topic.;)

More female party members would be great! I think Raya, as well as some others you listed from more recent Disney and Pixar films would be great contenders. 

Sisu in a lot of ways reminds me of Mushu, personality wise, though I'm trying hard not to make comparisons with Mulan since Raya isn't even out yet, and I'm sure will still be unique in its own right. The environments for this film, just based off the trailer look so colorful and varied, so I hope like you said, it doesn't get the Arendelle treatment if we see it in a future game. (Actually no world should get the Arendelle treatment haha). I think with that it'll be up to how much flexibility Disney would provide. 

On 2/5/2021 at 10:31 PM, WakelessDream said:

Really digging the Coco keyblade :D it perfectly captures all the thematic elements that were present in the film, very nice find with all the other fan concept keyblades for other films too! 

Thank You, I had to share you some more fan art of the Pixar Themed Keyblades of Coco and Inside Out as well as the link for the other fan concept keyblades for Brave, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Lilo & Stitch and Moana.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:31 PM, WakelessDream said:

More female party members would be great! I think Raya, as well as some others you listed from more recent Disney and Pixar films would be great contenders. 

Sisu in a lot of ways reminds me of Mushu, personality wise, though I'm trying hard not to make comparisons with Mulan since Raya isn't even out yet, and I'm sure will still be unique in its own right. The environments for this film, just based off the trailer look so colorful and varied, so I hope like you said, it doesn't get the Arendelle treatment if we see it in a future game. (Actually no world should get the Arendelle treatment haha). I think with that it'll be up to how much flexibility Disney would provide. 

Me too, that's my biggest hope for the next games is for more female Disney characters joining the fray for Sora's party instead of just leaving it with just one in a specific world he goes to.

Honestly, my big hope which I'm cautiously skeptical about, is for any future Disney worlds based on their recent animated films like Raya, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana, and the return of Arendelle (following the plot of Frozen II) to not suffer the same treatment that Arendelle and even Kingdom of Corona endured from Kingdom Hearts III. I don't want to say too much of my problems with both worlds (mainly Kingdom of Corona) cause I'm saving them for another topic by the time Raya and the Last Dragon comes out next month, but the long story short for my main issues with Arendelle and Kingdom of Corona respectively were the minimal character interactions Sora and the gang had with the Frozen cast for the former world and the latter world for the 2nd and 3rd acts of the world's story feeling "forced", "linear" over the top and "preachy". At least San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6) was the ONLY new Disney world introduced to Kingdom Hearts III that didn't suffer any restrictions and guidelines like the other introduced Disney worlds in KH3 (Arendelle, Kingdom of Corona, Toy Box and Monstropolis).