Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DisneyXPixarfan95

Disney Worlds in Kingdom Hearts IV - Let's Discuss Encanto, Coco, Turning Red, Lightyear, Strange World, etc.

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on this site and active with the thread for a while. So many things had happen these past 3-4 months, but anyways I bringing the thread up to continue providing discussions relating to Raya and the Last Dragon, Luca, Jungle Cruise, Encanto, and other upcoming films as potential worlds for future KH games as the former two are now streaming on Disney+ and the latter two are coming soon to theaters.

Speaking of Encanto, Disney released a poster of the upcoming film giving us a glimpse of the inside of the Magic Madrigal House and the animals (a Toucan, Macaw, Capybara, Butterflies and Hummingbirds). It's also expected that a trailer for the film will launch tomorrow. 

encanto-poster.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=810&d

The trailer for Disney's Encanto has launched today giving us our first look of the film's setting (Madrigal House) and our protagonist Mirabel.

It's too early to know about Mirabel's abilities and what to expect but I imagine this as a fun mini-game world in a future KH game.

sxgvi0l03za71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Disney and Pixar has released a trailer for their upcoming film, Turning Red.

Not much their is to go by from the trailer as it's a teaser, and wether we get it as a world, but hey I Imagine Meillin Lee (in her Red Panda form) could be a unique summon for Sora.:3

Now that the trailers for Encanto and Turning Red have come out here are my expectations on the following Disney films becoming worlds  for the next KH games (including KH IV):

Next KH game after (Melody of Memory):

• Ralph Breaks the Internet
  • Coco
  • Soul
  • Inside Out
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (2010 film)
  • Maleficent

Kingdom Hearts IV:

• Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon or Encanto
  • Onward
  • The Incredibles
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Aladdin (returning world)
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Moana

I loved Luca, but I don't personally think it would have an entire world... It would be interesting if you found Giulia Luca and Alberto stranded in another world, How cool would be if they ended up in Ariel's world? Also a Luca and Alberto Summon would be sick, they could combine their sea monster power in an maelstrom 

Agrabah (Aladdin and the king of thieves)

Twilight town

devils bayou (rescuers)

town of dreams (the princess and the frog)

islands of ancestors (moana)

Kumandra (raya and the last dragon)

metroville (the Incredibles 2)

New Holland (frankencreepy)

Atlantica (the little Mermaid 2)

the land of the dead and living (Coco)

the enchanted forest (frozen 2)

the land of dragons (mulan 2)

radiant garden

ant island (a bugs life)

So I just watched Turning Red on Disney+ yesterday. Pretty good film, however when compared to the other Pixar films (e.g. Soul, The Incredibles, ONWARD, Brave, Inside Out, etc.) that could become worlds in a future KH game, I honestly am not sure if Turning Red would become a world.

Now on the contrary, if Nomura and Square Enix has the freedom to work on an original story similar to Toy Box (Toy Story) and Monstropolis (Monster's Inc.) from Kingdom Hearts III, then I can see it working as a world.

Spoiler

But I feel to make a world based on Turning Red work, it would need to focus on Mei and conquering the "darkness" that the panda brings, so they could make the ritual into the big focus and have Sora join her on that journey. The mother's giant panda would make for a great boss.

There's a lot about love and heart controlling the beast inside, so they can lean into that too.

So in order to make Turning Red as a world it needs to be more of an "inspired by" rather than adaptation of, which thankfully Pixar seem more likely to agree to if they find the right common ground with Nomura and Square Enix.

Realistically, I could see Mei Lee becoming a potential summon, no question as her move set could be similar to the Meow Wow and Wreck-It Ralph summons when she is in combat against enemies.

fd04b867f2278c9e0d0429ead2bbd086865e4d4a

63c4ce72a994f0b11b5c50de4a4a3365b2f89f4a

But what do you guys think? Have you seen the latest Pixar film on Disney+ and do you think the film could show up in a future KH game as a world or have Mei Lee be a summon?

Want to bump this thread in light of the release of the Kingdom Hearts IV trailer. As Strelitzia mentioned in the trailer that Quadratum is a form of "afterlife", the tone of the game seems to be centered around death and the afterlife, so that will probably be the focus of a number of the game's elements, story, and level design as shown with the themes for previous KH titles:

• Kingdom Hearts - Friendship
  • Chain of Memories - Memories/Redemption
  • Kingdom Hearts II - Promises and Duality
  • 358/2 Days - Identity
  • Birth By Sleep - Connections (Like, "Connections to the Past" and between friends.)
  • Coded - Lost Connections
  • Dream Drop Distance - Trust
  • Kingdom Hearts III - Resolution, but mainly Separation, Connections and Sacrifice
  • Kingdom Hearts IV - Death, Afterlife

For Disney worlds, it's a little too early to speculate as "Worlds are currently being developed" going by Nomura's wording from the Q&A. But seeing that Sora will be in Quadratum for a while a handful will be live-action based given the tone of the trailer, while the rest will likely focus on Disney worlds involving the afterlife:

New Disney worlds:

• Coco (The Land of the Dead)
  • Zootopia
  • Moana (Motunui)
  • Encanto
  • Raya and the Last Dragon (Kumandra)
  • Soul (The Great Before) or The Incredibles
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Star Wars (Endor)

Returning Disney worlds

• Toy Story (Toy Box)
  • Frozen 2 (Ahtohallan)
  • Olympus (The Underworld; could be only cutscenes?)
  • Winnie the Pooh (100 Acre Wood; Optional Mini-game world)

So what Disney worlds do you expect to see in Kingdom Hearts IV?

On 4/11/2022 at 12:17 AM, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Want to bump this thread in light of the release of the Kingdom Hearts IV trailer. As Strelitzia mentioned in the trailer that Quadratum is a form of "afterlife", the tone of the game seems to be centered around death and the afterlife, so that will probably be the focus of a number of the game's elements, story, and level design as shown with the themes for previous KH titles:

• Kingdom Hearts - Friendship
  • Chain of Memories - Memories/Redemption
  • Kingdom Hearts II - Promises and Duality
  • 358/2 Days - Identity
  • Birth By Sleep - Connections (Like, "Connections to the Past" and between friends.)
  • Coded - Lost Connections
  • Dream Drop Distance - Trust
  • Kingdom Hearts III - Resolution, but mainly Separation, Connections and Sacrifice
  • Kingdom Hearts IV - Death, Afterlife

For Disney worlds, it's a little too early to speculate as "Worlds are currently being developed" going by Nomura's wording from the Q&A. But seeing that Sora will be in Quadratum for a while a handful will be live-action based given the tone of the trailer, while the rest will likely focus on Disney worlds involving the afterlife:

New Disney worlds:

• Coco (The Land of the Dead)
  • Zootopia
  • Moana (Motunui)
  • Encanto
  • Raya and the Last Dragon (Kumandra)
  • Soul (The Great Before) or The Incredibles
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Star Wars (Endor)

Returning Disney worlds

• Toy Story (Toy Box)
  • Frozen 2 (Ahtohallan)
  • Olympus (The Underworld; could be only cutscenes?)
  • Winnie the Pooh (100 Acre Wood; Optional Mini-game world)

So what Disney worlds do you expect to see in Kingdom Hearts IV?

I wanted Worlds like (Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Meet the Robinsons, Incredibles, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Pocahontas, Sword in the Stone and the Ones you've mentioned)

7 hours ago, John Horton said:

I wanted Worlds like (Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Meet the Robinsons, Incredibles, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Pocahontas, Sword in the Stone and the Ones you've mentioned)

I already put in The Incredibles as part of the KHIV worlds.

Regarding Treasure Planet, Meet the Robinsons, etc. as much as I love those films and would love to see them show up in KHIV or in a future KH game, you got to realize that the KH Disneyworld selection is primarily on two things:

1. Aesthetic for gameplay environment

2. Thematic relevance to the overall story and the theme of the KH game.

So at the end of the day, those are the main factors on how certain Disney films are chosen as worlds and how they largely fit in the game's story.

After what it was revealed about the possibilty of Endor in the trailer, and considering the high quality of the new graphics, one thing is for sure: In this side of reality, Sora will have to visit CGI worlds or Live Action worlds. The groups are like these:   

1º) Disney Live-Actions remakes:   
+ "Alice in Wonderland"  
+ "Maleficent"  
+ "Cinderella"  
+ "Beauty and the Beast"  
+ "Aladdin"  
+ "Mulan"  
+ "Dumbo"  
+ "The Lion King"  
+ "Christopher Robin"  
+ "The Jungle Book"  

> Ironically, Sora would have counterparts of some of the original Princesses of Heart: Alice, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and Jasmine. Missing only Snow White and Kairi.   

2º) Disney Worlds around "alternative realities":   
+ "Lightyear" around the reality of "Toy Story".   
+ "Ace in Action" around the reality of "Chicken Little".   

3º) Worlds "Not-So-Disney":   
+ Worlds based on the games of "Final Fantasy", like Midgar from "FF-VII".   
+ Worlds based on Star Wars' places (like Endor).   
+ Worlds based on MCU's movies (like "Marvel's Avengers"). 

3 hours ago, Ursalink said:

After what it was revealed about the possibilty of Endor in the trailer, and considering the high quality of the new graphics, one thing is for sure: In this side of reality, Sora will have to visit CGI worlds or Live Action worlds. The groups are like these:   

+ "Alice in Wonderland"  
+ "Maleficent"  
+ "Cinderella"  
+ "Beauty and the Beast"  
+ "Aladdin"  
+ "Mulan"  
+ "Dumbo"  
+ "The Lion King"  
+ "Christopher Robin"  
+ "The Jungle Book"  

> Ironically, Sora would have counterparts of some of the original Princesses of Heart: Alice, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and Jasmine. Missing only Snow White and Kairi.   

its an interesting though but in practice not terribly practical. you gotta pay money to all those people who faces you are using, ones that are mostly CGI would be fine but i find hard to believe that a number of those actors wont be pricey

on the subject of possible worlds, normua did say they were in the process of selecting them so i would say its reasonable to see this year as the cut off point

So in a new interview from Testuya Nomura he revealed this important key point during the interview:

Nomura: It means that perception changes depending on your viewpoint. The Master of Masters says something along those lines in UX.

From Sora's point of view, Quadratum is a world on the other side of his own world and reality: a fictional world. However, from the point of view of the inhabitants of Quadratum, their world is the real one, and the place Sora and his friends hail from is the other side, the fictional world.

This time, I think the theme will be something akin to the "contrast between people from different positions."

So worth thinking about any Disney films that also share that theme ("contrast between people from different positions." ) Nomura has brought up?

On 4/14/2022 at 5:49 AM, Ursalink said:

+ "Alice in Wonderland"  
+ "Maleficent"  
+ "Cinderella"  
+ "Beauty and the Beast"  
+ "Aladdin"  
+ "Mulan"  
+ "Dumbo"  
+ "The Lion King"  
+ "Christopher Robin"  
+ "The Jungle Book"  

I realistically see around 1-2 Live-Action worlds at the most with the most likely ones being:

• Star Wars (retelling Return of the Jedi)
  • Alice in Wonderland (2010 film) or Maleficent

Lightyear and Turning Red will all come down to whether Nomura and the development team are in the process of choosing the Disney films they want as worlds or they are almost half-way done with their KHIV world selection, and whether or not Lightyear is one of the worlds they want in KHIV.

Granted there have some Disney movies that did become worlds sooner than later like 1-2 years after the movie's release, for instance, the Pirates of the Caribbean world (Port Royal) in Kingdom Hearts II was the most recent Disney world chosen during the development of the game just 2 years before it's release in 2005, The Grid from Tron: Legacy was the most recent Disney film at the time implemented as a world for Dream Drop Distance, and San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6) was the most recent Disney film added into Kingdom Hearts III and the last Disney world chosen during KH3's development. 

So for now it's a wait and see situation.

So Yesterday, Pixar announced their 27th Animated feature called Elementals, where the synopsis describes a city where fire, water, land, & air residents live together, a fiery young woman & a go-with-the-flow guy will discover something elemental: How much they have in common. So basically "What if the elements have feelings".
FS4lTJSUsAE0rkW.0.jpeg
Elemental_FirstLook_PeteSohn_ConceptArt.
This could make an interesting world for a future KH game, and Sora could have an air elemental form for his world form if he ever visits it, but it's likely that this film is going to be saved for the next KH game over Kingdom Hearts IV.

5 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

So Yesterday, Pixar announced their 27th Animated feature called Elementals, where the synopsis describes a city where fire, water, land, & air residents live together, a fiery young woman & a go-with-the-flow guy will discover something elemental: How much they have in common. So basically "What if the elements have feelings".
FS4lTJSUsAE0rkW.0.jpeg
This could make an interesting world for a future KH game, and Sora could have an air elemental form for his world form if he ever visits it, but it's likely that this film is going to be saved for the next KH game over Kingdom Hearts IV.

well now im gonna have to pick elements to draw sora, donal and goofy as

On 5/17/2022 at 7:46 AM, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

FS4lTJSUsAE0rkW.0.jpeg

I don't know. Isn't this very similar to Avatar? You know, the Four Nations of the four elements living together in harmony or something. 

Also, the name of some characters in KH could already reveal their elements: Sora is "Sky" (air), Kairi is "Sea" (water) and Riku is "Land" (Earth). Just the same as Ventus (Air), Aqua (Water) and Terra (Earth). 

25 minutes ago, Ursalink said:

I don't know. Isn't this very similar to Avatar? You know, the Four Nations of the four elements living together in harmony or something. 

Also, the name of some characters in KH could already reveal their elements: Sora is "Sky" (air), Kairi is "Sea" (water) and Riku is "Land" (Earth). Just the same as Ventus (Air), Aqua (Water) and Terra (Earth). 

well firtsly avatar didnt invent the concepts of the four elements, secondly theres no mention of 4 nations, thirdly this actually the elements come to life rather than wielders of the elements

On 5/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ursalink said:

Not really as @ocean's rage previously mentioned the four elements of Water, Earth, Fire and Air existed long before Avatar: The Last Airbender so this is nothing new.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:35 AM, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Not really as @ocean's rage previously mentioned the four elements of Water, Earth, Fire and Air existed long before Avatar: The Last Airbender so this is nothing new.

I know the concept is way older than "Avatar", but the way this new movie seems to address them reminds me of the way they did it on "Avatar". 

On 5/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, ocean's rage said:

but we have no idea how they're going to address them yet

We have the Four Elements living together in the same world/city. That's what it has been revealed for now and sounds a lot like what happened in the Avatar's series; more closely what happened in Korra's series, because benders of all 4 Elements lived together at Republic City. 

9 hours ago, Ursalink said:

We have the Four Elements living together in the same world/city. That's what it has been revealed for now and sounds a lot like what happened in the Avatar's series; more closely what happened in Korra's series, because benders of all 4 Elements lived together at Republic City. 

i think you're looking for it to be similar. by the same logic its just like the golden sun games

On 5/31/2022 at 11:15 AM, ocean's rage said:

i think you're looking for it to be similar. by the same logic its just like the golden sun games

What are the Golden Sun Games?