Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ursalink

Plots for future games of Kingdom Hearts

I start this topic to analyse the events we should take a closest look from now on, because it could end up revealing the plots of the KH games to come before KH-IV. We should consider the plots to be revealed in KH-UX and Dark Road, but not entirely linked to them. So, let's see:  

1º) Kairi:  
Well, Kairi had a game "partially" in Melody of Memory, but I think it's obvious she needs one of her own; mainly to gain Sora's level of experience and stop being the one who is left aside in battles. It appears part of Sora is inside of her, as he came to her aid facing the memory of Master Xehanort. So, training under Master Aqua, I believe Kairi should make a world trip like Sora did in previous games; so she can learn from Sora's friends and gain the power to fight. Aqua would be her traveling partner, and I believe Ventus (as he's still no master either) could go with them too in the world trip. He could even see some old friends too, like Hercules.   

2º) Terra, Aqua and Ventus:   
They went together to the Realm of Darkness in hopes to find a clue about Sora's whereabouts, but cosidering how time works in that Realm (10 years pass instantly), we can assume they wouldn't be there long enough to find anything. However, I do believe they could find something, although I have no clue about what it could be. My idea, maybe they could find Dark Riku somehow, and Terra would work in a way to give him his own independent existence again. He could be the teacher he wanted to be for Riku, but since he's already a Master of his own, Dark Riku could fulfill that place. On the other hand, Aqua will train Kairi and possibly go with her in a "world trip" like Sora's previous ones. Ventus could decide to train with Kairi under Aqua too, but I believe he will play the most important part. I think it's obvious that Ventus, at some point, it will have to regain his memories from KH UX, which will open a whole new world of possibilities.   

3º) Twilight Town's gang:   
Well, this is definitely the biggest group of all. It includes Hayner, Pence, Olette, Roxas, Xion, Lea and Isa. We can assume they now live in the old mansion, possibly restoring it and having access to Ansem's computer. According to Riku, they have been analysing the memories of Roxas and Xion in hopes to find a clue about Sora's whereabouts. Well, I don't think most of them have a revelant role, except Roxas and Xion. I believe that, while the others explore their memories, they could indirectly unlock Ventus' lost memories from KH UX; after all, they stayed along with Ventus inside Sora's heart for a long time, so there's a chance for that.   

4º) Mickey:  
His role could definitely being the most significative in the near future. Yen Sid sent him to investigate in the world of Scala ad Caelum, which is weird, because I thought this would might have been destroyed at some point. Well, supposing this world still exist, Mickey could explore it and find something unexpected: the ruins of Daybreak Town. We don't know what exactly happened at the end of the Keyblade War, but it appears the Dandelions where trapped inside a virtual version of Daybreak Town inside a computer. If that's so, then Mickey could find said computer in Scala ad Caelum and try to free the Dandelions. In theory, the arc that works as the door between the real world and this virtual simulation should be here too; but Kairi's lost memories seemed to indicate it is somehow in Radiant Garden. Well, anyway, in a try to take the Dandelions out of the computer, Mickey could use Data Sora to enter in the virtual realm and help the Dandelions.   

5º) Riku:   
Well, I'm not sure how Riku's trip in the other world could end up, but I suppose he will find Sora and Yozora. They would surely discover the secret involving the Master of Masters and try to find a way for the girl that knows Yozora to return safely to her homeworld. Once done, they will surely return home and they will inform the others of their descoveries; just in time for KH-IV. 

Well, what do you think?  

Edited by Ursalink

18 hours ago, Ursalink said:

1º) Kairi:  
Well, Kairi had a game "partially" in Melody of Memory, but I think it's obvious she needs one of her own; mainly to gain Sora's level of experience and stop being the one who is left aside in battles. It appears part of Sora is inside of her, as he came to her aid facing the memory of Master Xehanort. So, training under Master Aqua, I believe Kairi should make a world trip like Sora did in previous games; so she can learn from Sora's friends and gain the power to fight. Aqua would be her traveling partner, and I believe Ventus (as he's still no master either) could go with them too in the world trip. He could even see some old friends too, like Hercules.   

5º) Riku:   
Well, I'm not sure how Riku's trip in the other world could end up, but I suppose he will find Sora and Yozora. They would surely discover the secret involving the Master of Masters and try to find a way for the girl that knows Yozora to return safely to her homeworld. Once done, they will surely return home and they will inform the others of their descoveries; just in time for KH-IV.

I could see the next KH game be centered on both Kairi and Riku as they respectively search to bring back Sora where they traverse new Disney worlds and some original worlds along the way. I could see this being reminiscent to Dream Drop Distance just minus the characters dropping to sleep and their adventures are in the Unreality (Yozora's realm). Even it also would help Kairi grow as a character.

As far goes as new Disney worlds we might see in the next game, it's too early to know for sure, cause honestly the Disney world selection is so wishy-washy in the KH series, as literally Nomura and his team cherry-pick Disney worlds based on the following:

1. Which Disney films Nomura and the team want as worlds for the specific KH game.
  2. The themes that the specific Disney world (New or returning) based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.) - Which is debatable
  3. The Story the world can offer
  4. The gameplay value and the environment that the world can offer.
  5. Level Variety
  6. Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the specific KH game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3).

I could imagine these as the following Disney worlds for the next game:

Spoiler

Disney

• Wreck-It Ralph or it's sequel Ralph Breaks the Internet
  • Coco
  • Inside Out
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Moana or Lilo & Stitch
  • Robin Hood or The Jungle Book
  • The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland 

And for the Non-Disney worlds (cause usually it's 2-4):

Spoiler

Original

• Quadratum
  • Scala Ad Caelum

Square Enix

• Midgar (FF VII)
  • Shibuya (The World Ends with You)

Edited by DisneyXPixarfan95
Small minor change

5 hours ago, Ursalink said:

4º) Mickey:  
His role could definitely being the most significative in the near future. Yen Sid sent him to investigate in the world of Scala ad Caelum, which is weird, because I thought this would might have been destroyed at some point. Well, supposing this world still exist, Mickey could explore it and find something unexpected: the ruins of Daybreak Town. We don't know what exactly happened at the end of the Keyblade War, but it appears the Dandelions where trapped inside a virtual version of Daybreak Town inside a computer. If that's so, then Mickey could find said computer in Scala ad Caelum and try to free the Dandelions. In theory, the arc that works as the door between the real world and this virtual simulation should be here too; but Kairi's lost memories seemed to indicate it is somehow in Radiant Garden. Well, anyway, in a try to take the Dandelions out of the computer, Mickey could use Data Sora to enter in the virtual realm and help the Dandelions.   

It appears that at one point the world of Daybreak Town was turned upside down(the ruins of the old Clock Tower can be seen upside down when fighting Xehanort underwater in KHIII and the machine in Re:Mind in Scala Ad Caelum shows the Clock Tower(void of the clock) on a barren hill, then rotating upside down, Scala Ad Caelum appearing topside). So it doesn't seem possible that Mickey should find the ruins of Daybreak Town, because they would be upside down underwater.

In the post-credits scene for KHMoM, Yen Sid said it was known that the ancient Keyblade masters crossed over into another world.

"Ancient Keyblade Masters" refers to the Keyblade Masters after the Lost Masters. I think there's a difference between "the Lost Masters" and "the Ancient Keyblade Masters". The Lost Masters, who are Ira, Invi, Aced, Gula, Ava, Luxu, and the Master of Masters, were not called the Lost Masters in the age of fairytales. They were called the Foretellers, Master Luxu, and the Master of Masters; therefore, the Lost Masters is a modern term for them. But it seems that they are rarely known in the modern era. In the beginning of KHIII, Xehanort asks Eraqus about them, but the latter has no clue who they are. Their master, Odin, seems very knowledgeable about the ancient times, but since Eraqus didn't know about them, that indicates that Odin didn't as well, and probably even Yen Sid. And it would seem strange for the Foretellers to cross over into another world without even a hint in a previous game, and when they reunite with Luxu at the Keyblade Graveyard, Aced asks him, "What happened? Why are we here?" as if he expected himself to be dead, or something.

The scenario of Ancient Keyblade Masters crossing over to another world sounds familiar, right? The Dandelions escaped the Keyblade War and crossed over to the data Daybreak Town. Now, Ansem the Wise did say that the worlds of dreams, memories, and data were on their side of reality. But Brain had said that he believed they cut ties with the real world, indicating he had searched for connections but to no avail. Also, since Dream Eaters are able to exist there, it isn't fully data. In Re:Mind when Sora encounters Yozora in the nighttime version of the Final World, Yozora tells him this world isn't real. Then, Quadratum appears as a projection. It isn't real, it's data, purposefully cut off from the real world. 

I think most of the Dandelions, if not all, made it out, because who rebuilt Daybreak Town to Scala Ad Caelum and who passed down the Keyblades? And the Dandelions who weren't able to make it out stayed and created Quadratum. In one of the MoM and Luxu flashback cutscenes, Luxu asked the MoM if all the Dandelions would be able to return home once they're done and the MoM replied that maybe not all of them will... 

So if data Daybreak Town is indeed the same world as Quadratum, maybe Mickey could find information in the books in the Clocktower classroom and maybe encounter Lauriam, who knows a lot about the data Daybreak Town and the ancient masters, himself being one. I wonder what he's been doing for the past year?

About the arcs(they're called lifeboats in the NA translation): I have a feeling that Ansem the Wise built the ones in Radiant Garden. Didn't he have access to Subject X's memories? (I'll just be assuming she's Skuld) He could have seen it in her memories and built them out of curiosity. Unlike the ones in Daybreak Town, the lifeboats in Radiant Garden are complete. Also there are three in RG; in DT, there are seven.

Edited by Double OKP

9 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Original

• Quadratum
  • Scala Ad Caelum

Square Enix

• Midgar (FF VII)

why would they have a FF7 world when most of the cast are from radiant garden? wouldnt that be like making a world based on a mickey mouse film separate from disney castle? wait a second....

12 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

And for the Non-Disney worlds (cause usually it's 2-4):

Hide contents

Square Enix

• Midgar (FF VII)

I think that in the kh continuity, all the characters from ff7 were born and raised in Radiant Garden. And isn't Shibuya a part of Quadratum?  

4 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

why would they have a FF7 world when most of the cast are from radiant garden? wouldnt that be like making a world based on a mickey mouse film separate from disney castle? wait a second....

Well it's not out of the realm of possibilities cause it likely that the next KH game will have the worlds be set in the "Unreality", besides in KH2 after Cloud & Sephiroth vanished, he said "did he made it back to his world".

Besides they won't be the same ones that Sora remembers similar to the Mickey's in Country of the Musketeers & Symphony of Sorcery respectively and Jiminy Cricket from Prankster's Paradise in Dream Drop Distance.

1 hour ago, Willow A113 said:

I think that in the kh continuity, all the characters from ff7 were born and raised in Radiant Garden. And isn't Shibuya a part of Quadratum?

Yes and No I mean I wouldn't completely rule out Shibuya or some other Square Enix worlds in the "Unreality" or "Quadratum" and as I said, usually we have around 2-4 non-disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Now if the cast from The World Ends with You do make a return for the next game they won't be the same ones seen in Dream Drop Distance as they have no memory of Sora.

Btw what do you think of the possible Disney worlds I put down for the next game?

Spoiler

Disney

Wreck-It Ralph or it's sequel, Ralph Breaks the Internet
Coco
Inside Out
Treasure Planet
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Moana or Lilo & Stitch
Robin Hood or The Jungle Book
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland 

2 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Well it's not out of the realm of possibilities cause it likely that the next KH game will have the worlds be set in the "Unreality", besides in KH2 after Cloud & Sephiroth vanished, he said "did he made it back to his world".

Besides they won't be the same ones that Sora remembers similar to the Mickey's in Country of the Musketeers & Symphony of Sorcery respectively and Jiminy Cricket from Prankster's Paradise in Dream Drop Distance.

Yes and No I mean I wouldn't completely rule out Shibuya or some other Square Enix worlds in the "Unreality" or "Quadratum" and as I said, usually we have around 2-4 non-disney worlds in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Now if the cast from The World Ends with You do make a return for the next game they won't be the same ones seen in Dream Drop Distance as they have no memory of Sora.

Btw what do you think of the possible Disney worlds I put down for the next game?

Hide contents

well no, joshua said that neku and co died in their world so he brought them to the realm of sleep in order to give them a chance to save themselves. so while everybody else were part of the worlds' dreams the twewy gang were not. also normua said that neku's shibuya and quadratum arent not the same place.

8 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

well no, joshua said that neku and co died in their world so he brought them to the realm of sleep in order to give them a chance to save themselves. so while everybody else were part of the worlds' dreams the twewy gang were not. also normua said that neku's shibuya and quadratum arent not the same place.

Again you miss the point what I'm trying to say is that if we see Neku and the gang again in the next game in their own world they won't remember Sora and neither would they be the same ones seen in DDD.

Look let's agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Again you miss the point what I'm trying to say is that if we see Neku and the gang again in the next game in their own world they won't remember Sora and neither would they be the same ones seen in DDD.

Look let's agree to disagree.

but thats the point they would be the same one cause they were from the realm of light not recreated by the sleeping worlds

21 hours ago, Ursalink said:

2º) Terra, Aqua and Ventus:   
They went together to the Realm of Darkness in hopes to find a clue about Sora's whereabouts, but cosidering how time works in that Realm (10 years pass instantly), we can assume they wouldn't be there long enough to find anything. However, I do believe they could find something, although I have no clue about what it could be. My idea, maybe they could find Dark Riku somehow, and Terra would work in a way to give him his own independent existence again. He could be the teacher he wanted to be for Riku, but since he's already a Master of his own, Dark Riku could fulfill that place. On the other hand, Aqua will train Kairi and possibly go with her in a "world trip" like Sora's previous ones. Ventus could decide to train with Kairi under Aqua too, but I believe he will play the most important part. I think it's obvious that Ventus, at some point, it will have to regain his memories from KH UX, which will open a whole new world of possibilities.   

I doubt that Dark Riku is ever going to appear again(and I do not want to see multiple Rikus all at the same time ever again). And it seems in Re:Mind, Terra did teach Riku for a short time before he, Aqua, and Ventus went to the RoD.

I have a feeling Kairi's training with Aqua will be offscreen similar to her training with Lea/Axel. I'm sure we'll get one or maybe few cutscenes. 

I think the focus of the TVA trio will be Ventus and his memories. I don't think Terra and Aqua will be rooting for Ven to recover his lost past; they wouldn't want their friend to change and it could end up ruining their relationship. And I wonder if Chirithy's appearance sparked something in Ven's memory. It's his spirit familiar, shouldn't that at least jog his memory? It seems that Ven's memory is pretty damaged though. And also, where in the world did Chirithy go??!! He probably knows a lot about Sora's disappearance, why didn't he say something? Or is it because he thinks the knowledge of the past should stay unknown? Or maybe he's searching for Lauriam...?

21 hours ago, Ursalink said:

I believe that, while the others explore their memories, they could indirectly unlock Ventus' lost memories from KH UX; after all, they stayed along with Ventus inside Sora's heart for a long time, so there's a chance for that.   

Since Ventus is connected to Sora, Naminé could use her powers to rechain the links so he could remember. But none of the crew know he is amnesiac except himself, Terra, and Aqua, right?

On 12/15/2020 at 10:04 PM, ocean's rage said:

but thats the point they would be the same one cause they were from the realm of light not recreated by the sleeping worlds

Again, even if Sora knows Neku, that Neku seen in Dream Drop Distance wasn't the real one so the Neku that Sora will meet in Shibuya or whichever place Sora will be at, he won't remember Sora.

2 hours ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

Again even if Sora knows Neku, that Neku seen in Dream Drop Distance wasn't the real one so the Neku that Sora will meet in Shibuya or whichever place Sora will be at he won't remember Sora.

https://youtu.be/qm3409DCjig?t=644

oh i see you think the neku and co in DDD are dreams of the ones from twewy rather than new versions of the characters in the same manner as the FF characters.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:23 AM, Double OKP said:

It appears that at one point the world of Daybreak Town was turned upside down(the ruins of the old Clock Tower can be seen upside down when fighting Xehanort underwater in KHIII and the machine in Re:Mind in Scala Ad Caelum shows the Clock Tower(void of the clock) on a barren hill, then rotating upside down, Scala Ad Caelum appearing topside). So it doesn't seem possible that Mickey should find the ruins of Daybreak Town, because they would be upside down underwater.

In the post-credits scene for KHMoM, Yen Sid said it was known that the ancient Keyblade masters crossed over into another world.

"Ancient Keyblade Masters" refers to the Keyblade Masters after the Lost Masters. I think there's a difference between "the Lost Masters" and "the Ancient Keyblade Masters". The Lost Masters, who are Ira, Invi, Aced, Gula, Ava, Luxu, and the Master of Masters, were not called the Lost Masters in the age of fairytales. They were called the Foretellers, Master Luxu, and the Master of Masters; therefore, the Lost Masters is a modern term for them. But it seems that they are rarely known in the modern era. In the beginning of KHIII, Xehanort asks Eraqus about them, but the latter has no clue who they are. Their master, Odin, seems very knowledgeable about the ancient times, but since Eraqus didn't know about them, that indicates that Odin didn't as well, and probably even Yen Sid. And it would seem strange for the Foretellers to cross over into another world without even a hint in a previous game, and when they reunite with Luxu at the Keyblade Graveyard, Aced asks him, "What happened? Why are we here?" as if he expected himself to be dead, or something.

The scenario of Ancient Keyblade Masters crossing over to another world sounds familiar, right? The Dandelions escaped the Keyblade War and crossed over to the data Daybreak Town. Now, Ansem the Wise did say that the worlds of dreams, memories, and data were on their side of reality. But Brain had said that he believed they cut ties with the real world, indicating he had searched for connections but to no avail. Also, since Dream Eaters are able to exist there, it isn't fully data. In Re:Mind when Sora encounters Yozora in the nighttime version of the Final World, Yozora tells him this world isn't real. Then, Quadratum appears as a projection. It isn't real, it's data, purposefully cut off from the real world. 

I think most of the Dandelions, if not all, made it out, because who rebuilt Daybreak Town to Scala Ad Caelum and who passed down the Keyblades? And the Dandelions who weren't able to make it out stayed and created Quadratum. In one of the MoM and Luxu flashback cutscenes, Luxu asked the MoM if all the Dandelions would be able to return home once they're done and the MoM replied that maybe not all of them will... 

So if data Daybreak Town is indeed the same world as Quadratum, maybe Mickey could find information in the books in the Clocktower classroom and maybe encounter Lauriam, who knows a lot about the data Daybreak Town and the ancient masters, himself being one. I wonder what he's been doing for the past year?

About the arcs(they're called lifeboats in the NA translation): I have a feeling that Ansem the Wise built the ones in Radiant Garden. Didn't he have access to Subject X's memories? (I'll just be assuming she's Skuld) He could have seen it in her memories and built them out of curiosity. Unlike the ones in Daybreak Town, the lifeboats in Radiant Garden are complete. Also there are three in RG; in DT, there are seven.

I know the ruins are upside down under the water, but as far as we know, both the arc and the computer room of Daybreak Town should be in the basement of the city. So, there's one chance for those zones, which would be crucial for Mickey's role, to be like in the "middle way" between the ruins fo Daybreak Town and the new Scala ad Caelum, quite away from the water.   

And the virtual world of Daybreak Town is NOT like Quadratum, more like the virtual Twilight Town where Ansem put Roxas before KH-II. 

1 hour ago, Ursalink said:

I know the ruins are upside down under the water, but as far as we know, both the arc and the computer room of Daybreak Town should be in the basement of the city.

Yeah, but the lifeboats would be upside down, but the Control Room...that place is too mysterious to know

1 hour ago, Ursalink said:

And the virtual world of Daybreak Town is NOT like Quadratum, more like the virtual Twilight Town where Ansem put Roxas before KH-II.

I was just theorizing the data Daybreak Town is Quadratum, I wasn't sure. Quadratum's reveal, and the possibility that the Foretellers traveled there just seems so abrupt, out of nowhere, and out of place. And Nomura-san has never not put a snippet, even just a little, almost unnoticeable one, of the future of the series in the past. (And in KHII before he kills Kairi, Xehanort says "You forget I plan for every eventuality." Just sounds so Nomura-esque lol) Also, when Ansem the Wise considers the possibility of the unreality, he wasn't sure; he was considering it based on the knowledge they already had. 

I didn't mean to persuade people to believe that, I was just theorizing. I don't know, it all just seems to fit. 

15 minutes ago, Double OKP said:

Yeah, but the lifeboats would be upside down, but the Control Room...that place is too mysterious to know

I was just theorizing the data Daybreak Town is Quadratum, I wasn't sure. Quadratum's reveal, and the possibility that the Foretellers traveled there just seems so abrupt, out of nowhere, and out of place. And Nomura-san has never not put a snippet, even just a little, almost unnoticeable one, of the future of the series in the past. (And in KHII before he kills Kairi, Xehanort says "You forget I plan for every eventuality." Just sounds so Nomura-esque lol) Also, when Ansem the Wise considers the possibility of the unreality, he wasn't sure; he was considering it based on the knowledge they already had. 

I didn't mean to persuade people to believe that, I was just theorizing. I don't know, it all just seems to fit. 

1º) Technically, you are right with the room being upside down; but being a machine to travel through time or space, it could somehow fix that problem. I mean, weirder things have already happened after all. When Sora visited this place at the end of the first KH, there was this big Heartless emblem that it wouldn't allow him to see where exactly he was.   

2º) I don't critize your theory, but it's just not fitting. I mean, the glitches we saw in KHUX and the fact they entered into the world of Wreck-It Ralph clearly indicates they are in a virtual reality like the virtual Twilight Town. However, even with similarities, everything seems to indicate that the world of Yozora is a different nature. The game where Sora play from Toy Box is a virtual copy of this world, lile the virtual Twilight Town. How this game was created based on this world?, that's a mystery still to resolve. 

8 minutes ago, Ursalink said:

When Sora visited this place at the end of the first KH, there was this big Heartless emblem that it wouldn't allow him to see where exactly he was.

That one was in Hollow Bastion. There are two different labs, one in Daybreak Town and one in Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion. The one in Radiant Garden is the one that Apprentice Xehanort used on Kairi, and also there are three lifeboats unlike the Daybreak one, which has seven.

The world/realm of Quadratum is a huge mystery as of right now, things will probably clear up once the next games come out. Who knows, the world Yen Sid said the ancient Keyblade Masters went to and the world/realm of Quadratum could be completely different places. Mickey's investigation might just be an excuse for them to find out what happened to the Union χ[Cross] people.