Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Double OKP

What is your least favorite thing in KHIII and/or Re:Mind?

What is your least favorite thing in KHIII and/or Re:Mind? It can be anything, gameplay, story, anything.

My least favorite thing is....

Those very unecessary gestures that the characters make. Like in the scene where the Guardians of Light reunite at the Mysterious Tower, and Riku just makes an awkward gesture when apologizing to Aqua... that was the cringiest scene in KH history. And also, it's extremely awkward how Yen Sid is just sitting there and the characters talking to each other one by one. It would make sense if the scenery was out in the open or something, but why in Yen Sid's tower??!!

Another example, in KHIII, when Ven asks Mickey, "What hope?" he makes a hand gesture. Like, you wouldn't do that in real life! There were numerous moments where they did that. And it even happens in KHMoM!!!

Anyway, those gestures just make everything awkward.

Even though I really enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3, but my most least favorite thing in Kingdom Hearts 3 was the story focusing too much on the Disney Worlds and not focusing on Sora's journey about his connections with Roxas, Xion, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, and Namine; and how to save them. My other least favorite thing in Kingdom Hearts 3 was not enough interaction between the Seven Guardians of Light. I wish there was more character interaction and character moments between Sora, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Lea, Ventus, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy before the final battle in the Keyblade Graveyard.

One thing that I didn't like was the complete lack of use for the touchpad on the controller. With how expansive some areas are, and how samey some environments like the marsh in Kingdom of Corona, using it to pull up a full screen map like Dream Drop Distance HD would have been very useful.

3 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

the unnecessary difficulty of the data battles

Well, the bosses in KHIII(for most people, I would say) weren't that hard so that's probably why they made Re:Mind harder. I don't have the Re:Mind DLC, but from what I've seen on Youtube, those bosses look super hard

2 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Even though I really enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3, but my most least favorite thing in Kingdom Hearts 3 was the story focusing too much on the Disney Worlds and not focusing on Sora's journey about his connections with Roxas, Xion, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, and Namine; and how to save them. My other least favorite thing in Kingdom Hearts 3 was not enough interaction between the Seven Guardians of Light. I wish there was more character interaction and character moments between Sora, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Lea, Ventus, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy before the final battle in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Definitely agree. All the character interactions between the Guardians of Light were stuffed at the end, most of them being super cringy and awkward.

1 hour ago, jbmasta said:

One thing that I didn't like was the complete lack of use for the touchpad on the controller. With how expansive some areas are, and how samey some environments like the marsh in Kingdom of Corona, using it to pull up a full screen map like Dream Drop Distance HD would have been very useful.

They probably didn't use the touchpad because it was releasing on Xbox as well, which doesn't have a touchpad. I agree there should be a full screen map like DDD, like, just having that small one on the top right corner isn't that useful. 

11 minutes ago, Double OKP said:

They probably didn't use the touchpad because it was releasing on Xbox as well, which doesn't have a touchpad. I agree there should be a full screen map like DDD, like, just having that small one on the top right corner isn't that useful. 

Not a lot of games wound up using the touchpad anyway, especially not for touchscreen type applications. Usually it was for bringing up a pause or customisation menu if used at all. KH1 didn't have maps at all, which would have hugely benefitted worlds like Atlantica.

11 minutes ago, jbmasta said:

Not a lot of games wound up using the touchpad anyway, especially not for touchscreen type applications. Usually it was for bringing up a pause or customisation menu if used at all. KH1 didn't have maps at all, which would have hugely benefitted worlds like Atlantica.

If the touchpad is usually for that, then I wonder why there's both a touchpad and an options button in the first place. 

KHI void of maps made the game extremely hard, I wish they added that.

The Riku exclusion, and the lack of taking the opportunities to develop Kairi. Both bug me equally so I'm gonna list both.

Sokai is inevitably going to be canon, and while it can be cute, I much rather the Sora-Riku-Kairi friendship rather than the ever increasingly romantic Sora-Kairi scenes and then Sora and Riku scenes. Weren't they supposed to be a trio? Couldn't they split one Paopu fruit between three people, or couldn't Riku have joined Sora and Kairi at the Re:Mind updated ending? It's like that too with Kairi being left out, though lately to a lesser extent. 

Which also links to how despite all of the focus on Kairi, she's still weak. There's been a million chances for SE to improve her but nothing has ever come of it, she's still a damsel. In KH2 it was excusable, she was new to it all. But now after goodness knows how long training, she should be able to do more than just be kidnapped and getting her keyblade grabbed. I'm just cautiously hoping something comes out of her training with Aqua. Key word being "cautiously".

4 minutes ago, Moogle13 said:

The Riku exclusion, and the lack of taking the opportunities to develop Kairi. Both bug me equally so I'm gonna list both.

Sokai is inevitably going to be canon, and while it can be cute, I much rather the Sora-Riku-Kairi friendship rather than the ever increasingly romantic Sora-Kairi scenes and then Sora and Riku scenes. Weren't they supposed to be a trio? Couldn't they split one Paopu fruit between three people, or couldn't Riku have joined Sora and Kairi at the Re:Mind updated ending? It's like that too with Kairi being left out, though lately to a lesser extent. 

Which also links to how despite all of the focus on Kairi, she's still weak. There's been a million chances for SE to improve her but nothing has ever come of it, she's still a damsel. In KH2 it was excusable, she was new to it all. But now after goodness knows how long training, she should be able to do more than just be kidnapped and getting her keyblade grabbed. I'm just cautiously hoping something comes out of her training with Aqua. Key word being "cautiously".

It's weird how after KHI, Sora, Riku, and Kairi aren't interacting much...together. They were supposed to be good friends in KHI, working together to build a raft to go sail away to other worlds. But after they got separated and reunited after KHII, there hasn't been a single moment where they were really a trio. If only Riku didn't befriend a certain mouse, then maybe they could have had more interactions(Disclaimer: I'm not saying I don't like Mickey/Riku relationship, I mean, it's great for Riku to have a friend, but it seems like the Sorikai trio broke into two duets, SoKai and Riku/Mickey)

I'm sure Kairi's going to get her moment, she's training with an actual Keyblade Master now instead of Merlin, who doesn't even wield a Keyblade. Kairi didn't have much experience with the Keyblade, she's not a complete pro, maybe that's why she couldn't defeat her memory of Xehanort(but then that makes me wonder how she defeated Xehanort with Sora in Re:Mind). If she doesn't get a big moment in KHIV/Quadratum/Verum Rex game, then everything is just a huge joke. 

6 hours ago, Double OKP said:

Well, the bosses in KHIII(for most people, I would say) weren't that hard so that's probably why they made Re:Mind harder. I don't have the Re:Mind DLC, but from what I've seen on Youtube, those bosses look super hard

it was a case of extreme to the other

8 hours ago, Double OKP said:

maybe that's why she couldn't defeat her memory of Xehanort(but then that makes me wonder how she defeated Xehanort with Sora in Re:Mind). 

Well she did get help from Sora, who I assume was doing most of the work (I'm talking story, not gameplay).

A lot of the animations in cutscenes in the base KH3 are soooo bad, unnessecary and robotic looking. To me, they looked a lot better in Re: Mind and EVEN beter than that in MoM, probably cuz they had less cutscenes to work on so they could go ham with the ones they did have.

Story-wise, the replicas kind of annoy me. Like obviously it's nice to see the old anagonists and stuff, and I'm pumped that Roxas and Xion kind of have bodies now, but it's ineresting to imagine a world where the replicas were never introduced and Nomura had to deal with having """killed""" off a character a little more within the story.

Edited by Deathscythe

There is a lot of stuff KH3 disappointed me with. I'll say the characters lack of screen time as it can tie in with a lot of the problems with KH3. I wanted more screentime with the characters and while we got some memorable stuff with that at the end, it was very rushed. This also ties into character interaction. We never get all 13 Seekers of Darkness interacting together in the game. Very sad. But I wanted the main cast to interact and talk more. ReMind barely scratched that itch, it just made me want more.

10 hours ago, Willow A113 said:

Well she did get help from Sora, who I assume was doing most of the work (I'm talking story, not gameplay).

Yeah, he was able to appear because they shared the paopu fruit, their destinies intertwining, right? I think it shows Kairi needs more training. She never was able to defeat a Xehanort without help. Next time she is up against a super boss, she better beat it by herself. Her character is just normally useless and weak, please Nomura-san, CAN'T YOU MAKE ME LOVE HER???

7 hours ago, Deathscythe said:

A lot of the animations in cutscenes in the base KH3 are soooo bad, unnessecary and robotic looking. To me, they looked a lot better in Re: Mind and EVEN beter than that in MoM, probably cuz they had less cutscenes to work on so they could go ham with the ones they did have.

Story-wise, the replicas kind of annoy me. Like obviously it's nice to see the old anagonists and stuff, and I'm pumped that Roxas and Xion kind of have bodies now, but it's ineresting to imagine a world where the replicas were never introduced and Nomura had to deal with having """killed""" off a character a little more within the story

Totally agree. Especially the Re:Mind and KHMoM battle scenes, they were EPIC. Except they had a few awkward and completely unnecessary gestures(I'll be irritated by this forever lol), but it was much better. 

Can there be a real death for once? Everyone keeps getting resurrected, it's just too much. They finally got two though, Eraqus and Xehanort, but that's it. Just TWO people. Not to mention that they were both previously resurrected. For some reason, Sora's resurrections are completely acceptable for me. I mean, killing him off would be terrible. 

I wish Strelitzia's death is affirmative. Don't get me wrong, I love her character and would love to see a 3d model of her, but, another resurrection is going to be overboard.

5 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

There is a lot of stuff KH3 disappointed me with. I'll say the characters lack of screen time as it can tie in with a lot of the problems with KH3. I wanted more screentime with the characters and while we got some memorable stuff with that at the end, it was very rushed. This also ties into character interaction. We never get all 13 Seekers of Darkness interacting together in the game. Very sad. But I wanted the main cast to interact and talk more. ReMind barely scratched that itch, it just made me want more.

I was really disappointed how the 13 SOD's didn't interact. It would've been really nice instead of just that one part where the 'four special ones' are discussing their plans and Xemnas saying mistranslated confusing "ancient Keyblade legacy" nonsense. Maybe we can get flashback interactions?(I think I'm being too hopeful)

The main cast really need more interactions. I can see improvement though from Re:Mind. 

I really hope Kingdom Hearts improves in character interactions.

On 12/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, Double OKP said:

I was really disappointed how the 13 SOD's didn't interact. It would've been really nice instead of just that one part where the 'four special ones' are discussing their plans and Xemnas saying mistranslated confusing "ancient Keyblade legacy" nonsense. Maybe we can get flashback interactions?(I think I'm being too hopeful)

The main cast really need more interactions. I can see improvement though from Re:Mind. 

I really hope Kingdom Hearts improves in character interactions.

I really wanted to see all 13 members sitting on their throne with Master Xehanort addressing as being the worthy of his true Organization. As well as see some new interactions. Like how about Dark Riku and Terranort? They'd be a twisted version of Riku and Terra. Or Larxene and Vanitas? I was shocked we didn't get the 13 full seats scene that didn't happen in DDD.

YEAH, that would be awesome; the Real Organization having a meeting. A Larxene and Vanitas interaction would be interesting. And it would be strange if Vanitas turned out to be the Darkness, or part of, that killed Strelitzia. Marluxia and Larxene working alongside him?

In KH3 there was a few things that disappointed me such as the fact we didn’t get to visit the Clocktower or explore Radiant Garden and honestly I’m disappointed no one told Sora about Castle Oblivion it would of created some good character interactions and It would of been cool to see how Sora would of reacted and it would of been an good excuse to talk about Namine and I’ll admit when it came to the Keyblade Graveyard I was wanting it to be Kairi and Ventus who fought alongside Sora against Marluxia and Larxene. I wanted Ventus because of his connection to Lauriam and Kairi so she could get revenge against the people who hurt Namine.

In terms of Re:Mind it was the fact that several of the Keyblade Graveyard cutscenes were the same as the main game and didn’t add anything new, I get why they did it plot wise but I was still disappointed though.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Vulpes XIII said:

In KH3 there was a few things that disappointed me such as the fact we didn’t get to visit the Clocktower or explore Radiant Garden and honestly I’m disappointed no one told Sora about Castle Oblivion it would of created some good character interactions and It would of been cool to see how Sora would of reacted and it would of been an good excuse to talk about Namine and I’ll admit when it came to the Keyblade Graveyard I was wanting it to be Kairi and Ventus who fought alongside Sora against Marluxia and Larxene. I wanted Ventus because of his connection to Lauriam and Kairi so she could get revenge against the people who hurt Namine.

In terms of Re:Mind it was the fact that several of the Keyblade Graveyard cutscenes were the same as the main game and didn’t add anything new, I get why they did it plot wise but I was still disappointed though.

The Clocktower and Radiant Garden look like really awesome places to explore; I'm disappointed they weren't explorable. But I'm sure they will be in a future game.

In the second KHIII novel

Spoiler

Sora has a feeling he met Marluxia somewhere before.

I wonder why no one told Sora about Castle Oblivion. Shouldn't he know about that stuff by now? Or maybe he read it in Jiminy's Journal on the Gummiphone.

Hmm...it would've been weird if Kairi and Ventus fought against Marluxia and Larxene. I don't think Ven would even be able to fight; he probably would be clutching his head like he always does when he remembers something. But that's what the novels are for. I'm hoping in the next novel something might trigger in Marluxia; maybe he could feel a very slight sense of familiarity of Ven at the crossway at the Keyblade Graveyard when the 13 darknesses and seven lights face each other? Good news is that the third and final novel of KHIII is releasing in January! Don't have to wait much longer :D

I was super disappointed when the cutscene in Re:Mind with Xemnas, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, and Mickey was the exact same. I was hoping they would add something. The other scenes with Vanitas, Terranort, Repliku, etc. all had additional cutscenes, why not this one?

Edited by Double OKP