Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Double OKP

Which character(s) do you think has the most tragic backstory?

Which character(s) do you think has the most tragic backstory? My top choices would be:

1). Lauriam

His sister was murdered and he didn't know at first, then after a long time of searching he found that his comrades knew what had happened and one of them was involved... he would have felt so betrayed and heartbroken all at the same time. And this one line(KHIII novel spoilers):

Spoiler

Please, little flower, I only wanted you to blossom forever.

The fact he was still aware of that in his current state is very tragic. 

2). Aqua

Aqua saved her friends, but wasn't able to reunite with them; instead, she wandered in a dark, scary place, seeing worlds she had visited fallen to darkness, illusions of her best friends, and fighting herself; and despite the hopelessness of her situation she still fought. 

3). Xehanort

After the info revealed in Dark Road, I have to say he has a tragic backstory. Some of his friends were killed and he probably hated the World because of that, wanting to restart the World so people wouldn't have to suffer like he did.

What are your choices?

Namine is also a contender, depending on what we're calling a backstory. I'm gonna assume that the whole of CoM can be classified as her backstory, considering that was when she was created.

Namine is frequently called "witch" and eventually ends up calling herself that, even though it's evident she doesn't like it. Marluxia literally threatened to kill her, as well as using her as a human shield against Axel, and he and Larxene see her as a tool to be used. Her early life she was held captive by the Organization XIII, and was consistently threatened, gaslighted, pushed around, etc. Namine was all alone in the world and took that chance to replace herself with Kairi in Sora's memories - before her good nature and conscience made her reveal the truth to him, eventually leading to Sora picking his old memories and Kairi over her, leaving Namine, once again, alone, until Riku shows up. Even then she still had DiZ to contend with.

Of course in Days and KH2 the sadness isn't over for her; but I'll leave it there because this was just for character's backstory. So if CoM counts as a backstory, Namine has got to be one of the most tragic, even though she didn't have to endure it as long as Marluxia/Aqua/Xehanort did.

Been a while since I've played BBS but going to have to second Terra, he really was just trying to do good, protect his friends, and even tried to prove himself again to Eraqus when given the second chance.By the end of it all his body ends up possessed and used by Xehanort. The thought of him having to watch things unfold for so long while unable to even be in control himself is just really sad to me, and despite that all he still wanted to set things right, and I think that made the BBS trio's reunion in KH III all the more satisfying, and emotional....Also everything that jbmasta said about Terra as well. xD 

I'd also probably put the Days trio up there as well, but Terra's my top pick. 

8 hours ago, Double OKP said:

His sister was murdered and he didn't know at first, then after a long time of searching he found that his comrades knew what had happened and one of them was involved... he would have felt so betrayed and heartbroken all at the same time. And this one line(KHIII novel spoilers):

Hide contents

Please, little flower, I only wanted you to blossom forever.

The fact he was still aware of that in his current state is very tragic. 

hang on, there's proof of that. the novels arent canon

20 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

they cant be many of the things in them end up be contradicted by the games

Ah I see. The KHIII Ultimania character files, which are secondary canon, confirmed that 

Spoiler

Marluxia remembered the name of a small flower, which the novel mentioned in that same section. To me, it seems pretty possible that he could be aware of Strelitzia's death, but who knows.