Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Double OKP

My thoughts on the theory of Brain being Eraqus's grandfather

So, there's this theory that's been going around that Brain is Eraqus's grandfather. And after the most recent Union χ[Cross] update, it seems more plausible. Though, I don't believe it is true. First of all, it just doesn't make sense time-wise. In the KHIII Secret Reports, it is revealed that Eraqus is a blueblood, descended from the ancient masters, and Nomura-san himself confirmed he is descended from one of the Union Leaders. In the Union χ[Cross] update, Confrontation, it is revealed that the Master's Defender, which is known to be Eraqus's Keyblade, is wielded by Brain. Brain is an ancient master, and ancient means really, really, super old. It just doesn't make sense for him to be Eraqus's grandfather if he's from the ancient past. Also, in the KHIII Secret Reports, Luxu says the people he vesseled could fill volumes. It wouldn't make sense for him to vessel that many people in just three generations, right? Secondly, when Sora finds the Master's Defender on the beach of Destiny Islands, Donald comments it looks so old. It being passed down through three generations and looking so old? To me at least, that doesn't sound right. I think Eraqus's grandfather died while battling the darkness, that being one of the reasons why Eraqus hates the darkness so much. (But in Dark Road, the worlds are strangely still restoring themselves from the second Keyblade War. Could prove me wrong...)

Edited by Double OKP

I’m conscious that the Master specified two generations of Keyblade passing on with No Name... I’m content to believe that the gap between KH UX and KH BBS isn’t all that much.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, Sinre said:

I’m conscious that the Master specified two generations of Keyblade passing on with No Name... I’m content to believe that the gap between KH UX and KH BBS isn’t all that much.

The Master never specified anything. Luxu was instructed to simply pass the No Name to his apprentice, then their apprentice to their apprentice, and so on until someone of the darkness wielded it, who was Xehanort.