Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Animaster888

keyblade Bequeathing information

7 hours ago, Animaster888 said:

Can anyone tell me more about bequeathing? I was gonna make a fan fiction where my character is bequeathed by her grandfather but I really want to double check my information. 

well based on the information giving to us it would seem someone needs to hold the keyblade to be bequeathed its power as kairi got the power inadvertently. so the "ceremony" terra did with riku was just for show it seems and all he really needed to do was say "here hold this". apart from that taking someone's heart into their own also grants power

If you are bequeathed it means you were specifically chosen to get whatever it is that is handed down to you. Whereas you can inherit something by right, it doesn't mean that person wanted you to have it. I.E Sora allowing Ven's heart in to take refuge just meant he inherited that power when Ven went to sleep but if Ven would have said "Sora, you get my keyblade when I die" then Sora might not have got that power until when / if Ven ever died. 

I assume you're referring to bequeathing a Keyblade? There really hasn't been much stated about it, but going from what we've seen in-game (and from what was stated in the Birth by Sleep Ultimania) Keyblades are bequeathed when the inheritor touches the handle of a Keyblade Master's Keyblade (ex. Kairi accidentally inheriting it from Aqua, Riku getting it from Terra). Although Terra is not officially a Master, he was able to pass the power to Riku because he is practically a Master (this is stated in the BbS Ultimania). It's been stated there are several qualifications the inheritor needs for receiving a Keyblade, but they've been left vague and the only one we really know is that the receiver needs to have a strong heart.

Also, I've seen some fan interpretations infer that a Master can only bequeath to one person, and sometimes that they lose their own Keyblade once the inheritor obtains their Keyblade. Personally, I think these interpretations are false, as they aren't supported anywhere and seem to be contradicted in-game. I don't think there are any limits (or at least not strict ones) for how many times a Master can pass the power, since we see several instances of a Master with multiple apprentices. Also, it seems Yen Sid's done it at least twice (Mickey and Lea), and Aqua passed it to Kairi and then considered giving it to Sora (assuming Aqua was aware she gave it to Kairi). And it doesn't seem like anyone loses their Keyblade once their successors obtain theirs, since Terra passed Riku the power,  and then Sora got his Keyblade, and they all three still have their own Keyblades. And the same thing with Aqua and Kairi, and Eraqus, Terra and Aqua.

I hope that helps! And cute Ven icon, by the way! lol