Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
heemhsn

Melody of Memory Rewrite

I'm quite late, but I just finished MoM. While I appreciate the recap and enjoyed the minigames, I can't say I wasn't a tad bit disappointed. This game was very much hyped to be a Kairi game (box art, the narrator, etc.) but she wasn't even in any parties. She does one fight -- where she's transformed into Sora so you don't even get to actually be her.

I did a slight rewrite (if you can even call it that? less of a rewrite more of a what if MoM was a full fledged side game). Kairi, feeling responsible for Sora's fate & driven by her love for him, sets out on a journey to - hopefully - bring him home. She travels various Disney world’s searching for clues to Sora’s whereabouts, growing in strength & skill along the way, eventually unlocking her deep, hidden memories. There would be 11 worlds and it mainly keeps the actual ending of Melody of Memory, except Kairi and Riku both go in the portal.

It's here if you'd like to read it! Hope you enjoy it and I'd appreciate feedback.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H93uiCBS4uMz1z_D3AqOH5nNImfUZSd7/view?usp=sharing

Edited by heemhsn

Miraclekid92 here

I like the story & world choices @heemhsn
(and I see you've used part of my description for KH: A World Without Sky)

The choice of 'noise' as the enemy is brilliant.
I also like the Pure Form concept (are you trying to illustrate that light can be just as dangerous as darkness?)
Including Sora's parents is a nice touch

Just a correction - the comic art was done by ai-nohikari
(ozkh did the  art of Kairi on the alponian solar cruiser)

I am no artist, I simply came up with the concept & wrote the story
(and commissioned the artists to bring my ideas to life)

Edited by laika665

On 1/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, laika665 said:

Miraclekid92 here

I like the story & world choices @heemhsn
(and I see you've used part of my description for KH: A World Without Sky)

The choice of 'noise' as the enemy is brilliant.
I also like the Pure Form concept (are you trying to illustrate that light can be just as dangerous as darkness?)
Including Sora's parents is a nice touch

Just a correction - the comic art was done by ai-nohikari
(ozkh did the  art of Kairi on the alponian solar cruiser)

I am no artist, I simply came up with the concept & wrote the story
(and commissioned the artists to bring my ideas to life)

Thanks so much!

Yeah, since it seems like this Quadratum / Shibuya is very similar to TWEWY, I really wanted to utilize the enemies in that game in a unique way.

Actually yes! I don't really like the whole idea that dark = evil and light = good. I personally think they're equal, both are natural and can be uncontrollable in their purest form. Most people have equal light and darkness; but Kairi and Sora are a little different. Sora has more light, so when his darkness takes over it becomes uncontrollable while Kairi has no darkness, and at times she's unable to control that pure light.

Also thank you!! I'm gonna update that with proper credit. And P.S., your ideas are amazing. I read everything you posted and am so glad the Kairi fandom is this talented and creative. (also I hope you didn't mind me using your Space Sailor idea!! i'll remove anything you're unconformable with me using that's yours! )

Edited by heemhsn

2 hours ago, heemhsn said:

Thanks so much!

Yeah, since it seems like this Quadratum / Shibuya is very similar to TWEWY, I really wanted to utilize the enemies in that game in a unique way.

Actually yes! I don't really like the whole idea that dark = evil and light = good. I personally think they're equal, both are natural and can be uncontrollable in their purest form. Most people have equal light and darkness; but Kairi and Sora are a little different. Sora has more light, so when his darkness takes over it becomes uncontrollable while Kairi has no darkness, and at times she's unable to control that pure light.

Also thank you!! I'm gonna update that with proper credit. And P.S., your ideas are amazing. I read everything you posted and am so glad the Kairi fandom is this talented and creative. (also I hope you didn't mind me using your Space Sailor idea!! i'll remove anything you're unconformable with me using that's yours! )

thank you for your kind words
pure form sounds even more interesting now

i'm fine with everything - no worries