Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Which '80's Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?

Which '80's Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which '80's Disney film would you like to see become a world in Kingdom Hearts?

• The Fox and the Hound
    • The Black Cauldron
    • The Great Mouse Detective
    • Oliver and Company

I'm going to go with The Black Cauldron, though my memory of it is vague I feel it's the one on the list that would most work as a world. I think The Great Mouse Detective would be a good contender too. 

As a movie, I like The Fox and the Hound, but I don't want to see it as a world, that will just make me cry. xD >.<

I would love for any of them to get representation in KH. I think the Fox and the Hound could have a neat world to explore with the forest and the countryside setting, but I don't think it would be very engaging otherwise. I'm totally up for it getting a cameo or nod somewhere, like Lady and the Tramp with the fountain in Traverse Town, etc. They could make a neat summon, like Todd and Copper rolling around and giving you a stat boost or something. Or if they're too wholesome for a summon sequence, maybe they could fit in Slade firing at your enemies. Without pushing the E10+ rating. XD

I think Oliver & Company could also have a neat world with the busy streets of New York. Especially with a ground-level dog's-eye view (if it's a transformation world).

The Black Cauldron would definitely be neat and original. I think its aesthetic would be very unique, although the Kingdom Shader would probably (appropriately) make it very dreary and grungy-looking (think the spot outside the Forbidden Mountain in the 0.2). I think the architecture and model textures would look great, though, and more medieval settings are always cool. If they stayed close to the movie, then a good portion of the maps would probably be inside the castle which would be very unique and cool for a numbered KH game. And they could get very creative (and creepy) with the Heartless designs if they wanted. lol

But I voted for the Great Mouse Detective. XD I think the nighttime London aesthetic would be beautiful, and the scale would be amazing, since you'd have to be small. It'd be like Ven's Castle of Dreams, but hardcore and scary. XD It could also include a fight with a cat. And the clock tower fight would be amazing. The golden lights, and all the gears moving, plus the boss fight itself could be terrifying. XD I think the world would have a pretty unique feel to it when compared to other Disney worlds.

My vote goes to the Great Mouse Detective. It's a KH world I've wanted for years. I would love it's inclusion. I haven't seen Black Cauldron, I've only seen parts of the Fox and the Hound and I saw Oliver and Company only once when I was little and don't remember much about it. So I cannot comment on the others.

My first choice would have to be The Great Mouse Detective, since that's one of my favourite disney movies. And I think the clock tower showdown would be pretty cool in KH. However, I have to admit that The Black Cauldron would probably be a better fit for the series. And the film has gotten a lot better with age. Although Gurgi is still insanely annoying.

Oliver and Company! I love that movie so much :'( I've waited so long for it to come to Kingdom Hearts! I also think Black Cauldron could be good. I've never seen it but the world looks really interesting.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, DestinysUnion said:

I think the Fox and the Hound could have a neat world to explore with the forest and the countryside setting, but I don't think it would be very engaging otherwise. I'm totally up for it getting a cameo or nod somewhere, like Lady and the Tramp with the fountain in Traverse Town, etc.

The Fox and the Hound would be good as characters who don't have their own full Disney world but just so happen to live on one of the other worlds, like the dalmatians or Merlin.

"Ven's Castle of Dreams, but hardcore and scary" is something I never thought I would see written out XD

I also voted for The Black Cauldron because, let's face it, the Horned King would make a terrifyingly epic Boss. Though I can imagine the Cauldron itself being a Boss too, like the Spinning Wheel Heartless in Enchanted Dominion. The Great Mouse Detective is a close second though. The only potential problem with Black Cauldron is that it involves a boy discovering a powerful, magic sword. Sora would be like, "Yeah I've already got one of those."