Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Double OKP

KHUX *Spoilers* Clarifying the time placement of this scene

*Spoilers* for the most recent Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] update.

So, many people are very confused as to when the scene of Luxu and Darkness' conversation took place. There are, however, already clues as to when it occurred.

(I should point out that this scene takes place in the real world, as the room is not damaged like the data world.)

First, the rightmost lifeboat is missing, meaning that Maleficent already left. Thus, the scene must have started not too long after Maleficent departed.

The other clue is what Luxu said:

I'm here because your friend - the Master of Masters - told me to be.

From the conversations between the Master and Luxu, we know that Luxu is sincerely and very concerned about the Dandelions. The Master allowed Luxu to watch over them, and from the Kingdom Hearts III Secret Reports, we can discern that he's been watching the Union Leaders' every move. From the aforementioned line, Luxu observed the Union Leaders' meeting with Darkness, as he quotes how the Darkness described its relationship with the Master to Ephemer and co; it says he is an 'old friend'. 

With these two clues, we can estimate that the Luxu-and-Darkness scene took place after Maleficent left and after Darkness said the Master was a friend. But a question that will surely arise is: did this occur while the Union Leaders' were still fighting Darkness? Well, from Luxu's concern about the Dandelions and Union Leaders', I think we can safely assume he watched the whole event; from when Brain, Skuld, and Ephemer first started discussing the Darkness inside Ven, 'till after Ven's strike at Darkness (and who knows, there might be more action happening after Ven's move, so Luxu could've waited to see what occurred next). I think

Yea, I think it's definitely meant to be happening simultaneously with or around the same time as when the Dandelions are fighting Darkness in the data world. The other key indicator here is that flashback scenes in Ux are usually (always?) framed with a vignette effect/dark border, which is not the case in this scene.