Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Even though Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 would look great in Unreal 4, but personally I think they should remake Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days in either PS4 or Nintendo Switch. I remember in one of Nomura's interviews that he said he dreams of remaking 358/2 Days with a circle pad or something. Plus, I also think he said that he was planning on remaking 358/2 Days as a full playable game for KH 1.5, but  decided to scrap it because it would've taken a year or two to do that.

18 hours ago, CaptFancyPants said:

I'd rather them remake 358/2 Days in Unreal 4, there's a lot that they could expand upon and make a more full-fledged entry.

Agree.

Kingdom Hearts 1 still plays very well, and although first game teething is present it's still very playable in 2021 as it was back when it released and 2-13 when 1.5 was released with the quality of life changes like skipping cutscenes. It also holds up visually, particularly the HD remastered version released with 1.5. Days and re:coded are definitely more deserving. There's some of the Disney world story arcs like Phil mentoring Roxas, Jack's observations of Roxas and the steady exploration of the Cave of Wonders in Agrabah, which the movie with 1.5 doesn't even touch on but flesh out the worlds and characters. Maybe add more areas to the World That Never Was hub beyond the Grey Room, flesh out the hierarchy of the Organisation members and the Nobody types each member leads. In KH2's prologue Axel says he's not being turned into a Dusk over Roxas, perhaps hint at previous members who failed and were turned into Dusks for extra feels. 

In light of how Union X has used data worlds, that could be explored more in a re:coded remake as well as tease that the data Sora who challenges the Remind organisation data is based on the Data Sora from re:coded in some way. The gameplay of re:coded is very enjoyable and varied, both in the series as a whole and within the game itself and some of the features that were great for extending playtime haven't been used since. For example, being able to replay the story of a world you've cleared. Perhaps you want to try a late game technique on Pete, or the fight against Roxas is so good you want to revisit it.

I rather them remake Days than any other previous game. I read when they were first doing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix they were originally going to include a full playable remake of Days but I think due to time limits or something of that matter, they decided to go with the movie option instead. Not saying I wouldn't like to see KH1 remade in UE4 but I would like the story to progress because of a remake. 

personally I would not want a day's remake it doesn't really have a ton of lore in it mostly just about roxas and his life with organization 13, and I would much prefer a game with more lore in it. Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love days it's a great game but I would personally want something like kh1 or kh2 or khux to get the remake treatment.

2 hours ago, Vèńťúş_wíņđ_⅔ said:

personally I would not want a day's remake it doesn't really have a ton of lore in it mostly just about roxas and his life with organization 13, and I would much prefer a game with more lore in it. Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love days it's a great game but I would personally want something like kh1 or kh2 or khux to get the remake treatment.

KH1 still plays well and is recognisable in basic presentation compared to KH3 (contrast to Final Fantasy 7, the Remake being very different even in visual presentation and gameplay mechanics). The KH1FM remaster on 1.5 visually looks better than the remaster of Assassin's Creed 2 that was included with The Ezio Collection release, and that's a 2016 PS4 remaster of a 2009 PS3 game. Rather than a 2013 PS3 remaster of a 2002 PS2 game. Granted, Square put in a lot more work with 1.5 than Ubisoft put in the the AC2 remaster (the less said about the Siege of Forli and Bonfires of the Vanities DLCs being mandatory to progress to the final part of the game the better).

Days is still a game worth playing if you've got the time and patience, with good replayability and the fact it's out of print on a system whose successor has been discontinued sadly means fans of the series who haven't played it need to source a second hand copy or use an emulator. Between the PS3 and PS4, including PS5 through backwards compatibility, KH1 is available in four different releases (1.5, 1.5+2.5, The Story So Far and All in One), three of these being on a current gen system that's being actively supported. Days is more than deserving of a remake. Union X does need a release in another format to be more accessible than just cutscenes on an app that's nearly 2GB minimum or YouTube videos.

Edited by jbmasta