Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

The entire experience of playing KHDDD will now forever be different due to the reveal about Dream Eaters in the finale of KHUχ. I'll never be able to look at Dream Eaters the same way again. And I love that.

We literally collect dead/"sleeping" children like they're Pokémon. That's dark as hell. I guess we now know why they're called "Spirits."

Instead of seeing them as cuddly and cute animal creatures, I now look at them with sorrow. These were our friends and companions. Our fellow Dandelions. It makes so much more sense now why we see a scene of Ventus smiling at the end of KHDDD when Sora goes back to the realm of sleep to greet his Dream Eaters. And why one of the most prominent things Ventus remembers from his long time in Sora's heart is seeing "weird animal creatures."

I don't even want to think about what the Dream Pieces from KHDDD implies. Collecting and putting together pieces of dead kids? Kingdom Hearts really went there.

And when your Dream Eater loses all of its health in KHDDD, it'll permanently die unless you quickly run up to it and save it. Pain. Just pain.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify that the Spirit Dream Eaters aren't just the sleeping hearts of the wielders. They are the sleeping hearts of the wielders formed together with their Chirithys. Their Chirithys form together with their sleeping hearts to protect and watch over them. It can sort of be seen as the Chirithys turning into protective shells over the hearts. And that's what Spirit Dream Eaters are. Chirithys and the sleeping hearts of the Dandelions merged into one.

Edited by Elfdemon_

According to Everglow's translation, the Dream Eaters are the Dandelions' Chirithies, who take that form in order to watch over their sleeping wielders. I seriously hope that's correct because....otherwise, it'd be super dark.

8 minutes ago, Double OKP said:

According to Everglow's translation, the Dream Eaters are the Dandelions' Chirithies, who take that form in order to watch over their sleeping wielders. I seriously hope that's correct because....otherwise, it'd be super dark.

The Dream Eaters are both the sleeping hearts of the wielders as well as the wielders' Chirithys. We see the wielders' hearts and the Chrithys form together to create the Dream Eaters. The Chirithys do this to protect and watch over the sleeping wielders' hearts. It can sort of be seen as the Chirithys turning into protective shells over the hearts.

6 hours ago, Elfdemon_ said:

The Dream Eaters are both the sleeping hearts of the wielders as well as the wielders' Chirithys. We see the wielders' hearts and the Chrithys form together to create the Dream Eaters. The Chirithys do this to protect and watch over the sleeping wielders' hearts. It can sort of be seen as the Chirithys turning into protective shells over the hearts.

ah right.............

2 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

well remember most of the heartless and nobodies we fight were once people as well so its not that new really

I mean.......it's the very Dandelions that we knew so it's kinda different..........

15 hours ago, Willow A113 said:

What about the dream eaters we have to fight in ddd? 

Those are Nightmare Dream Eaters, not Spirit Dream Eaters.

And we actually currently have no reason to believe that Spirit Dream Eaters other than Chirithys can turn into Nightmare Dream Eaters.

In χ Back Cover, The Master of Masters says that if Spirits get consumed by malice/darkness, they turn dark and become a Nightmare, but he was only talking about the Chirithys in that moment. And Chirithys were the only Dream Eaters that existed at that time.

It's currently unknown where all the Nightmare Dream Eaters we see and fight in KHDDD come from/how they are made. I have a theory though.

"See you in another dream." Dark Chirithy said this way back in the original KHχ. And we all assumed he was talking about seeing us again in KHUχ because we were brought to the Unchained realm AKA "a world made of dreams." We all waited for Dark Chirithy to show up in KHUχ, but he never did. And we learned that we didn't go to "a world made of dreams," we went to data worlds. But now, at long last, the Dandelions have finally gone to "a world made of dreams." Because their hearts are now sleeping and they are now Spirit Dream Eaters due to forming together with their Chirithys. And now that the Dandelions are in a world made of dreams, Dark Chirithy can still fulfill his promise of returning in another dream. And the way that he returns is in the form of Nightmare Dream Eaters.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:00 PM, ocean's rage said:

id say the really sinister thing would if skuld turns out to be subject x

Pretty sure that's the leading fan theory right now. Wasn't there a translated journal or something that had Isa describing her as having dark hair?

13 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Pretty sure that's the leading fan theory right now. Wasn't there a translated journal or something that had Isa describing her as having dark hair?

Yeah, it says she has black hair in the Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files book.