Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

KHUX Speculations about the Master of Masters' Plan [SPOILERS]

Spoilers for Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross]

For all the reveals that we have gotten about the Master of Masters plan, the less sense it seems to make to me. Here's what we know (if I miss anything, feel free to let me know):

1. The Master of Masters and his six apprentices are vessels for the seven strongest darknesses.
  2. The roles of the Foretellers and the revelation of a traitor were meant to cause the Foretellers to distrust each other and become at odds with each other, which would cause the darknesses to enter them.
  3. The Dandelions were meant to be the ones to restore the World with the light they collected.
  4. The new Union Leaders are vessels for five of the six remaining darknesses.
  5. The final darkness is to be trapped in the data Daybreak Town.
  6. The Master of Masters disappeared to unreality, but will be able to return using Luxu and the Gazing Eye.

However, some things have seemed to go wrong:

1. Ava seemed to go rouge, giving the Book of Prophecies to Brain instead of Ephemer.
  2. Four of the five Union Leaders did not become vessels for the darkness; only Ventus did (and he isn't even technically a Union Leader).
  3. Five of the darknesses are trapped in the data Daybreak Town instead of just one.
  4. Luxu also seems to be acting on his own a bit, but the Master of Masters also seems to be expecting this, calling him the traitor.

To me, it seems the Master of Masters' ultimate goal is to trap the darknesses within vessels and then destroy the vessels, but if that's all he wants, why go through all this, and why have the Foretellers return at all? Also, the Master of Masters is one of the vessels, so what is he planning to do about that? He also seems to have anticipated the betrayals of Ava and Luxu (if they are betrayals), and seems to have worked them into his plan, since he said to himself that he was counting on "Luxu the traitor", and since Luxu said in KH3's epilogue that Ava carried out her role, even though she appears to have gone rouge. What exactly is the Master of Masters planning? It can't be as simple as destroying the darkness. If it is, it seems there were much easier and quicker ways to do so, ways that did not need all of this (eveything from UX to KH3) to happen.

well was it ever actually clear that the foretellers died in the keyblade war? if not the the darkness inside of them wouldnt have been destroyed. also wasnt stretliza the one who was supposed to get the book of of prophecies not ephemer? ava's role was to form the dandelions so theres no denying she fulfilled that regardless of what else she did. also even though luxu is the traitor he seems to have done everything the master asked him to and the master seemed to imply that the traitor was a ruse to allow the darkness to enter their hearts and luxu only claims to be the traitor in order to start the keyblade war.

6 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

well was it ever actually clear that the foretellers died in the keyblade war? if not the the darkness inside of them wouldnt have been destroyed. also wasnt stretliza the one who was supposed to get the book of of prophecies not ephemer? ava's role was to form the dandelions so theres no denying she fulfilled that regardless of what else she did. also even though luxu is the traitor he seems to have done everything the master asked him to and the master seemed to imply that the traitor was a ruse to allow the darkness to enter their hearts and luxu only claims to be the traitor in order to start the keyblade war.

So, Luxu being the traitor was just a title to the MoM?

38 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

So, Luxu being the traitor was just a title to the MoM?

could be im not sure. i think the idea was the traitor was simply the one who fell to darkness which for all we know luxu has already done. but in terms of deviating from their role i dont think hes done that

14 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

could be im not sure. i think the idea was the traitor was simply the one who fell to darkness which for all we know luxu has already done. but in terms of deviating from their role i dont think hes done that

I would have thought being the traitor meant going against MoM's wishes.

8 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

well was it ever actually clear that the foretellers died in the keyblade war? if not the the darkness inside of them wouldnt have been destroyed.

You're right. I don't think they died during the Keyblade War. My point was that, if the darknesses are already trapped within them, why not just end them now instead of reawakening them in the future? Unless there's another way to defeat the darknesses without ending the lives of the vessels that is.

also wasnt stretliza the one who was supposed to get the book of of prophecies not ephemer?

Sorry, I messed up. I think I was confused by Brain giving the Book of Prophecies to Ephemer at the end and telling him that it was meant for him. However, Ava still gave the Book of Prophecies to Brain hoping that he could change their fates, which it looks like he mostly succeeded in doing.

also even though luxu is the traitor he seems to have done everything the master asked him to and the master seemed to imply that the traitor was a ruse to allow the darkness to enter their hearts and luxu only claims to be the traitor in order to start the keyblade war.

That is what the Master of Masters implied, but I wasn't sure if he was being honest, especially since Luxu seemed unwilling to accept the Master of Masters' willingness to sacrifice them all. True, Luxu has been carrying out his role perfectly, as far as we know, but that doesn't mean he isn't planning something in the future. Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that he told Luxu that the traitor was a ruse, and then called Luxu the traitor after he had left the room and could no longer hear him made me think that Luxu would become one in the future.

2 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I would have thought being the traitor meant going against MoM's wishes.

perhaps, but so far hes not been shown to do so

11 minutes ago, Dagesh Lene said:

You're right. I don't think they died during the Keyblade War. My point was that, if the darknesses are already trapped within them, why not just end them now instead of reawakening them in the future? Unless there's another way to defeat the darknesses without ending the lives of the vessels that is.

Sorry, I messed up. I think I was confused by Brain giving the Book of Prophecies to Ephemer at the end and telling him that it was meant for him. However, Ava still gave the Book of Prophecies to Brain hoping that he could change their fates, which it looks like he mostly succeeded in doing.

That is what the Master of Masters implied, but I wasn't sure if he was being honest, especially since Luxu seemed unwilling to accept the Master of Masters' willingness to sacrifice them all. True, Luxu has been carrying out his role perfectly, as far as we know, but that doesn't mean he isn't planning something in the future. Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that he told Luxu that the traitor was a ruse, and then called Luxu the traitor after he had left the room and could no longer hear him made me think that Luxu would become one in the future.

well we'll have to wait and see

16 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

also wasnt stretliza the one who was supposed to get the book of of prophecies not ephemer?

It was never said that Strelitzia was the one who was supposed to get the Book; Brain never says anything about that until he gives it to Ephemer.

18 minutes ago, Double OKP said:

Yes I'm sure. I remember re-watching those scenes and there was no place where Brain said whose name was circled.

well then i really must mis-remember cause i could have sworn the circled name thing was something else

and i need to have a word with whoevers writing the KHwiki

46 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

well then i really must mis-remember cause i could have sworn the circled name thing was something else

and i need to have a word with whoever's writing the KHwiki

Hey, it happens to the best of us.  No sweat!