Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

KHUX Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] Has Officially Ceased Online Services Worldwide

The end has finally come. Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] has now ceased all online gameplay and services worldwide. The title will be back up in English, but only via offline mode functionality. Players will be able to customize their avatars with various cosmetics, but no other gameplay features such as combat will be retained in this upcoming version of the app.

The theater mode will also be present in the offline version of the app, where players will be able to view all of the cutscenes throughout the game including all of the lore-centric Daybreak Town scenes. 

Kingdom Hearts Dark Road is stated to be arriving back at the end of September 2021, containing the rest of the story it was intended to tell. 

The Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] shut down earlier this month, on June 16, 2021. 

View full article

Goodbye, Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]!

I remember that day I got the game...I was so excited. Those first months I played it for two hours straight every day. I only played this game for 367 days, but I will dearly miss it :'( 

KHUX also helped me through this pandemic. Being able to have something to look forward to every month....it sustained me :)  

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much, Tetsuya Nomura, Megumi Yamamoto, Mayu Shimizu, and the KHUX team! I'm so glad I got to be a part of this wonderful game!

Goodbye Kingdom Hearts Union X. Now that the mobile game is finally over hopefully upcoming major storylines in the Kingdom Hearts universe can finally be on major consoles. Mobile system has been really holding the franchise back for far too long.

Almost made it 1300 days. I looked into the new theater mode but can't seem to find the final episode, after Candy Kingdom. 

12 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Goodbye Kingdom Hearts Union X. Now that the mobile game is finally over hopefully upcoming major storylines in the Kingdom Hearts universe can finally be on major consoles. Mobile system has been really holding the franchise back for far too long.

I agree with you. The series as a whole belongs on a big screen. 

13 hours ago, Movies798 said:

I respectfully don't understand why you say that. It's not like mobile platforms are to blame. In fact, I think it was a smart move, as everyone, whether is a KH fan or not, has a mobile phone to experience the story. Yes, it kinda ruins the story that can be told in such games because a mobile phone game has to be created for a broader audience instead of a more specific one such as the KH fandom, but still, one can't say the story was "held back" because it was released on a mobile platform. Just because it's not a console game doesn't make the story it tells unworthy or something. Such a long story as this one wouldn't have been told in a console game. If KH3 has showed us something, is that Nomura needs time, and a lot, to properly write something spicy  and coherent enough - otherwise, it will just be all plot twists with no real relevance other than cheap intrigue for next installments. As a matter of fact, both KH:Com and KH:Ux are two of the best stories in the franchise - yes, better than KH2. And to your surprise, both come from mobile "spin-offs". 

42 minutes ago, Keyblade Master XIII said:

Almost made it 1300 days. I looked into the new theater mode but can't seem to find the final episode, after Candy Kingdom. 

True, but the story wasn't "held back" by any means. I mean, we're talking story, not overall presentation which, being a mobile phone game, looks phenomenal like not many other games out there with a superb sprite-based art style. It reminds of CoM for the GBA which is by far one of the best-looking games of its console. So, while it was 2D and all, I still don't see how the story was held back. I deeply enjoyed it nonetheless, and I bet you did too.

6 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

does that it cant be replayed?

Sadly, the game does not exist any longer. We cannot play it anymore. Now, the app consists of only the theater mode, avatar customization system, Classic Kingdom minigames and a record system which I don't know what it keeps track of. And it's 100% offline now. As of right now, this updated version of the app weighs some 1.8 GBs, so it's up to you if you want to keep the app. I personally don't think I will for a long time, but I will definetely come back when Dark Road is fully updated this September.

14 hours ago, Double OKP said:

I remember that day I got the game...I was so excited. Those first months I played it for two hours straight every day. I only played this game for 367 days, but I will dearly miss it :'( 

KHUX also helped me through this pandemic. Being able to have something to look forward to every month....it sustained me :)  

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much, Tetsuya Nomura, Megumi Yamamoto, Mayu Shimizu, and the KHUX team! I'm so glad I got to be a part of this wonderful game!

I didn't play it day one when the global version was released as I was saving up money to get a better phone I could play on. And oh boy, I was just as excited as you say when I finally got to play it myself back in June or May 2016. It's been a long road but here we are. All I have to say is goodbye to this experience. This game saw me grow up in so many areas of my life. No matter how much time passed, it always seemed to stick around. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade Master XIII said:

I mean, it's good that we got a mobile game that in theory anyone can play.  However, it sucks that we had to wait months just for a story update and the stupid price tag for VIP.  I mean, if they wanted more people to play, Square Enix could have at least had the price at something lower than $14.99.

6 hours ago, brannymcp said:

I respectfully don't understand why you say that. It's not like mobile platforms are to blame. In fact, I think it was a smart move, as everyone, whether is a KH fan or not, has a mobile phone to experience the story. Yes, it kinda ruins the story that can be told in such games because a mobile phone game has to be created for a broader audience instead of a more specific one such as the KH fandom, but still, one can't say the story was "held back" because it was released on a mobile platform. Just because it's not a console game doesn't make the story it tells unworthy or something. Such a long story as this one wouldn't have been told in a console game. If KH3 has showed us something, is that Nomura needs time, and a lot, to properly write something spicy  and coherent enough - otherwise, it will just be all plot twists with no real relevance other than cheap intrigue for next installments. As a matter of fact, both KH:Com and KH:Ux are two of the best stories in the franchise - yes, better than KH2. And to your surprise, both come from mobile "spin-offs".

I respect that, but I disagree. Personally for me Kingdom Hearts Unchained X and Union X being on the Mobile system wasn't able to reach it's full potential, in my opinion. If it was on the console similar to like Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn than it might've been a much better story driven game. Plus, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories was originally on the Gameboy, a handheld system. So not really a mobile.

Edited by Movies798

3 hours ago, brannymcp said:

Sadly, the game does not exist any longer. We cannot play it anymore. Now, the app consists of only the theater mode, avatar customization system, Classic Kingdom minigames and a record system which I don't know what it keeps track of. And it's 100% offline now. As of right now, this updated version of the app weighs some 1.8 GBs, so it's up to you if you want to keep the app. I personally don't think I will for a long time, but I will definetely come back when Dark Road is fully updated this September.

thats quite a blow to anyone who sank money into the thing

As one of the games top players (69 lux crowns, 28 PVP crowns, level 897) hard to believe I won't be playing this game anymore. But, also glad to be free

STEVE

Edited by STEVE

Goodbye Union X, I remember downloading it on launch day and logging in as often as I could.  The story was the best part of the experience.

12 hours ago, spiceagent11 said:

The theatre mode is divided up into which world scenes take place in, and the final episode scenes all take place in Daybreak Town so you'll find the scenes there (under the box with the Chirithy). The scene called 'The World's End' is the one where Player returns from the Wreck-It-Ralph world so going from then on you will see all the ending.

Screenshot_20210809-073448~2.png

On 6/29/2021 at 8:16 PM, Double OKP said:

Yeah khux was very special.

Well this is kind of a shame. 
I had quit the game back in 2017 I believe it was out of anger when I lost my level 100 save trying to install an update but have just been feeling some motivation to play again. Unfortunately when I looked it up on my phone only Dark Road came up. 

That's what I get I suppose. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, Ventus_ said:

Well this is kind of a shame. 
I had quit the game back in 2017 I believe it was out of anger when I lost my level 100 save trying to install an update but have just been feeling some motivation to play again. Unfortunately when I looked it up on my phone only Dark Road came up. 

That's what I get I suppose. 

I haven't Dark Road for almost like a year.  I am sorry that happened to your save file.

6 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I haven't Dark Road for almost like a year.  I am sorry that happened to your save file.

If I am honest (and I always am) It was my own stupid fault. See what happened was an update had been dropped but my phone space was full so I thought I could do what I used to do with Pokemon Go which is delete the app and then install the updated version. Apparently I was supposed to have connected the game to Facebook or something to secure my save which I did not realize until after. 

I'm considering giving Dark Road a go though, whatever the case I should probably familiarize myself with the story. 

On 1/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, Ventus_ said:

If I am honest (and I always am) It was my own stupid fault. See what happened was an update had been dropped but my phone space was full so I thought I could do what I used to do with Pokemon Go which is delete the app and then install the updated version. Apparently I was supposed to have connected the game to Facebook or something to secure my save which I did not realize until after. 

I'm considering giving Dark Road a go though, whatever the case I should probably familiarize myself with the story. 

I hope Dark Roads goes well for you.