Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
yamibakura

Wtf did they do with Xemnas?

the guy kidnapped Kairi, was going to kill Axel, fought Sora to the death, then he suddeny became another edgelord in his final moments. "Im just a lonely guy, all i wanted was friends" wtf was that shit?

Edited by yamibakura

Comments below were taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQi_dW0XP1A (Part 41 of YouTuber Relle's KH3 Abridged)

"Fun Fact KH3 fixed Xemnas's character.
KH2: I don't care that what I'm doing is wrong I just can't stand the pain of not having a heart.
Dream Drop Distance: Lol I had a heart all along and I'm evil because I'm evil.
KH3: A Heart is nothing but pain.
Also you're right about Nomura." - Horrible Mistake

[@Horrible Mistake - It's not really correct to say that KH3 fixed him. He was essentially going through an arc over those three games much like how Ansem Seeker of Darkness went through one with Riku. In Xemnas' case it was essentially an arc of discovering that just because he was Xehanort's Nobody it didn't mean he wasn't his own person. An exceedingly important and often forgotten piece of dialogue from Xemnas comes from KH2.

When Mickey calls him Xehanort in Radiant Garden and he responds with "How long has it been since I abandoned that name?" that is the first hint that Xemnas wants to be acknowledged as his own person and it becomes apparent through subtle nuances in the writing for him in The World that Never Was in both KH2 and Dream Drop Distance that it isn't just in the eyes of others that he wants to be acknowledged as his own person, he himself wants to reach that point.

Then KH3 he seems so solemn in his goodbye because he realizes his mistake was seeking that individuality in such a detached and cold manner. If he had been honest with the rest of the Organization members about the nature of the experiments that led to them being nobodies he would have probably found his answer to existence as his own person much sooner and easier.

PS: It's misleading to say he had a heart all along. Like all the nobodies he needed to regrow a heart. In his case he was created when Old Man Xehanort as Apprentice Xehanort split himself into his Heartless and Nobody creating Xemnas and Ansem Seeker of Darkness so at the very least much like the rest of the organization Xemnas was lacking a heart until Dream Drop Distance. He even has a very good line to show it off in the game "The heart will try to reconstitute itself the first chance it gets." - Sylvia Delaney]