Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Clark Brenner

Future KH game to be announced at PlayStation Showcase?

PlayStation Showcase 2021: Thursday, September 9 - YouTube

Is it likely we will see Verum Rex be revealed at the PlayStation Showcase on September 9th, 2021? In the teaser PlayStation posted, there is a rendition of "Nachtflügel" from Kingdom Hearts 3. Also I think that it is likely a trailer will be released because we are more than half way through 2021 and it would prepare us for next year's big reveals for KH. 

it could be very much possible but the only things I'm expecting to see from the event after stuff related to crash bandicoot's 25th anniversary given that the showcase is the same day as his anniversary. as well as a small tease saying that Spyro 4 is releasing in sometime in 2022. but that's very wishful thinking on my part. overall I hope we get something kingdom hearts related at the event.

I can't say I hear anything that resembles Nachtflügel , sorry. Pretty sure that's some Sony/Playstation original music for the teaser. Would've been really strange for Sony to specifically use a rendition of some music that plays during one of KH3's dlc bosses.

I would love for something to appear, but Nomura has already said there won't be much news this year. I don't think we'll get anything before Jump Festa in December, unfortunately.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:32 PM, Movies798 said:

As much as I want some Kingdom Hearts news this year, but I highly doubt it they'll announce any Kingdom Hearts news during this PlayStation Showcase. If anything they'll probably announce some Kingdom Hearts news in 2022.

There is also TGS and Jump Festa this year so I wouldn't rule them out completely.

Edited by DisneyXPixarfan95

8 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

again, the man in charge said no

I disagree with you, besides aside from TGS 2017 and Jump Festa 2018 we never had a year we didn't had any news related to Kingdom Hearts, also Dark Road is airing it's last episode this month and I think the likely hood of new KH news is at one of those events but it's likely just going to be a teaser for the next game.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:32 AM, JTD95 said:

I can't say I hear anything that resembles Nachtflügel , sorry. Pretty sure that's some Sony/Playstation original music for the teaser. Would've been really strange for Sony to specifically use a rendition of some music that plays during one of KH3's dlc bosses.

I would love for something to appear, but Nomura has already said there won't be much news this year. I don't think we'll get anything before Jump Festa in December, unfortunately.

Never say never other than TGS 2017 and Jump Festa 2018 back in 2017 we never had a year or an event we didn't had any news related to Kingdom Hearts, on top of that Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa tend to be the events where we get KH-related news.

3 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Was a new KH game announced yesterday?

Nope no new KH game was announced at the event just like E3 2021, but I wouldn't lose hope considering that for the past 10-15 years we had Kingdom Hearts related news and trailers at the Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa events respectively, the ONLY time we didn't get ANY KH related news & trailers at both events was through TGS 2010, Jump Festa 2011, TGS 2017 and Jump Festa 2018 back in 2010 and 2017 respectively, so I'm cautiously optimistic we may get some news at either this year's TGS or Jump Festa such as a surprise teaser announcement for the next KH title or a now in Development trailer considering that this month Dark Road is set to release it's last update and it's been 10 months since Melody of Memory came out. 

If they are planning to release a new KH title on the 20th Anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series next year, they will announce it at either one of those events so that the hype can appear, similar to how they did it with Dream Drop Distance when it was released on the 10th Anniversary of the franchise in 2012.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:36 AM, ocean's rage said:

But that was during Melody of Memory's release 10 months ago

On 9/12/2021 at 7:42 PM, Albert said:

Ok, thank you

The DualShockers article was posted 10 months ago so sometimes things could change it's possible we could get some new KH news before 2022. The ONLY time we didn't get ANY KH related news & trailers at at the Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa events was at Jump Festa 2011, TGS 2017 and Jump Festa 2018 back in 2010 and 2017 respectively, so I'm cautiously optimistic we may get some news at either this year's TGS or Jump Festa such as a surprise teaser announcement for the next KH title or a now in Development trailer considering that this month Dark Road is set to release it's last update and it's been 10 months since Melody of Memory came out. 

37 minutes ago, DisneyXPixarfan95 said:

But that was during Melody of Memory's release 10 months ago

The DualShockers article was posted 10 months ago so sometimes things could change it's possible we could get some new KH news before 2022. The ONLY time we didn't get ANY KH related news & trailers at at the Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa events was at Jump Festa 2011, TGS 2017 and Jump Festa 2018 back in 2010 and 2017 respectively, so I'm cautiously optimistic we may get some news at either this year's TGS or Jump Festa such as a surprise teaser announcement for the next KH title or a now in Development trailer considering that this month Dark Road is set to release it's last update and it's been 10 months since Melody of Memory came out. 

nomura says hes preparing for the anniversary and will make announcements then, which is next year

On 9/20/2021 at 3:55 PM, ocean's rage said:

nomura says hes preparing for the anniversary and will make announcements then, which is next year

Again I'm expecting either TGS 2021 or especially Jump Festa 2022 we may get a surprise teaser announcement for the next KH title or a now in Development trailer considering that this month Dark Road is set to release it's last update or next month and it's been 10 months since Melody of Memory came out. 

Secondly, I'm not going to relent until we get somethin, cause the ONLY time we didn't get ANY KH related news & trailers at at the Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa events was at Jump Festa 2011, TGS 2017 and Jump Festa 2018 back in 2010 and 2017 respectively and finally for Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary they started doing early promotions of it back in September or December of 2011 so If they want to start doing the 20th Anniversary they need to start doing the trademarks earlier rather than on the year of the anniversary.

Edited by DisneyXPixarfan95