Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
OrpheusJoshua

Kingdom Hearts Dark Road offline version update delayed

The official Japanese Twitter account for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road has announced that the title's planned late September update containing the offline version and the rest of the story content has been delayed. Unfortunately, the tweet does not specify an exact date or timeframe for when to expect this update and instead states that more details will be provided at a later time.

Our team's Ryuji translated the message to the following:

"We regretfully announce that the update of the Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road offline version Ver. 5.0.0, which was scheduled to be released in late September, has been postponed. Further information will be provided at a later date, so we ask players to wait for a while until then. We apologize for the inconvenience."

UPDATE: It was noted that indefinite was an erroneous choice of wording from our translation. We removed it to better reflect the intended meaning of the message and avoid any misconstrued conclusions. Apologies.

UPDATE: The NA account for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road have tweeted the delay message. 

View full article

For anyone worried the game won't be finished, they're not saying that. They're just telling us the update is delayed until further notice and they're not ready to give an ETA for it.

If the update were actually cancelled, then I'm sure there would've been a message from Nomura apologizing and explaining why. KH games tend to have delays lately, and this is probably just another instance of that.

Admittedly, I think "indefinitely" is a scary word to put in the article's title and I think they should remove it. 

I honestly doubt they'll cancel it. Never have they cancelled a KH game before and if they did I'm sure they would've just told us in the announcement. Of course there's a first time for everything but I seriously doubt it.

11 hours ago, JTD95 said:

I honestly doubt they'll cancel it. Never have they cancelled a KH game before and if they did I'm sure they would've just told us in the announcement. Of course there's a first time for everything but I seriously doubt it.

correction: SE have never cancelled a KH game, disney has

Technically there was a bbs 2 game that got cancelled, I believe. 0.2 is... pretty much a few fragments of what it might have been like, in addition to being a prologue to KH3