Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

Yozora's True Identity and the Other Scala [Theory]

Yozora says something really interesting to Sora before fighting him in the Secret Episode of Re:Mind. He says, "But this isn't what I really look like. How'd you recognize me as Yozora?" A line like that leads me to believe that what Yozora really looks like is going to be a big reveal in the future, which means that he must actually be someone who we already know. So, who will this person be? If I had to take a guess, I would say that this person is Brain.

While they don't look exactly the same, I do think that there are some similarities between Brain and Yozora's designs. So, I don't think it's a huge stretch to say that Brain's appearance was tweaked a bit when he took on the identity of Yozora.

Blaine<span style="font-weight: normal">&#32;(<span class="t_nihongo_kanji" style="white-space:nowrap" lang="ja" xml:lang="ja">ブレイン</span><span class="t_nihongo_comma" style="display:none">,</span>&#32;<i>Burein</i><span class="t_nihongo_help noprint"><sup><span class="t_nihongo_icon" style="color: #00e; font: bold 80% sans-serif; text-decoration: none; padding: 0 .1em;">?</span></sup></span>)</span> from the 675 Daybreak Town questYozora KHIIIRM.png

Yozora also says to Sora, "I accidentally wandered into this place, and went through some trials. Then, I was told to 'save Sora.'" This seems to to prove that Yozora does not belong in unreality. I also think that we see the moment that he "accidentally wandered into this place" at the end of Union χ[cross] in the cutscene "An Unfamiliar Town."

Brain wakes up in an unfamiliar town and meets Sigurd, who gives him his hat back (which he already has for some reason) and says to Brain, "It was decided that you would escape Daybreak Town amidst its destruction and arrive here today. And that we would welcome you." This makes me think that Brain's arrival was recorded in the Book of Prophecies, a book which Brain admits that he never read, despite being given it by Ava, which would explain why he didn't understand what Sigurd was saying. However, in the cutscene "Resolutions," Brain gave the Book of Prophecies to someone who had desperately wanted to read it: Ephemer, the founder of this unfamiliar town, which we learn is Scala ad Caelum. So, Ephemer must have learned of Brain's arrival by reading the Book of Prophecies and prepared for his arrival. Then, once Sigurd brings Brain to his headquarters and explains the situation to him, I think that he is given the mission to "save Sora."

But then how did Brain end up in unreality? In the cutscene "I'll figure it out," Luxu says to Brain about the lifeboat, "Whoever uses it needs two things at their destination: someone with memories of them, and a vessel to occupy." I think that the person who had memories of Brain was Ephemer, and that Ephemer somehow ended up in unreality, where he is still alive and was waiting to greet Brain when he appeared in Scala as Caelum. After all, Luxu writes in Secret Report 12: Observations, Excerpt 2 from Kingdom Hearts III, "In time, be it years or decades, centuries or millennia, I will meet the Five [that is, the five Union leaders chosen to replace the Foretellers] once more," which means that the Ephemer must still be alive somewhere.

I therefore think that this Scala ad Caelum is a second Scala ad Caelum which exists in unreality, which would explain why it looks so different from the one we know of in Kingdom Hearts III and Re:Mind. This would also explain why Xehanort seems to be the only person who is aware of unreality's existence, since we see at the end of Union χ[cross] that he was born in this version of Scala ad Caelum and then was taken to Destiny Islands (aka reality) by a mysterious person. Xehanort probably either unlocked his brief memories from being in unreality or uncovered the meaning of some mysterious item from unreality that was left with him by his mother in order to learn of unreality's existence. If this is true, I'm not sure how Ephemer got there or why Brain was given a new identity (although if I had to guess, I would say that Ephemer knows of the Master of Masters' plans and is trying to stop him secretly by hiding Brain's identity so that the Master of Masters doesn't recognize him). However, I think that this is what makes the most sense at the moment. But these are just my thoughts. What do you think?