Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ventus_

KHUX KHUX Questions, Thoughts and Theories [Major Spoilers]

I finished watching the main plot of KHUX in the theater mode app as well as the full game on Youtube and the ending was mind blowing. 

(I never played it all the way through, a story I've told on these forums before. The gist is that I lost my level 100 save to stupidity and just when I was getting inspired to play again I find out it's gone. At least I still got to customize a character to appear in the movies.)

- I'm not quite clear on Player's demise. 
Player appears to be possessed by one of the original 13 Darknesses but after Ephemer traps them in the tunnel to Game Central Station it's implied that the possession was a premeditated ruse.
I'm inclined to believe this since Player's Chirithy doesn't change (remember as spirits connected to wielders' hearts, one will reflect when their wielder falls to Darkness) and Player does vow that they'd submit to Darkness for their friends but for what reason was this necessary? Ephemer didn't destroy the Darknesses and there were multiple others that were trapped with Player without having needed to assume forms. 
Even if the Darknesses did need forms to be banished Player only covered one of what was it 4?

Player's death was one of the most emotional moments I have ever encountered in a video game. When Player and Chirithy spend their last moments in each other's arms I almost felt tears in my throat. 

- Are we supposed to get from the vague flashes that Player, WE reincarnate as Xehanort?! That WE are the villain who abused Ventus, manipulated Terra, killed Kairi and nearly destroyed Sora's world among other things? That's some insane mindfiretruckery right there. 
There is a certain brilliance to the concept that we essentially defeat ourselves since we play as Sora in Xehanort's main story and he's a pretty awesome villain. 

It tracks if we think about it. 
Xehanort wanted to rebuild the world so that it is born from Light rather than Darkness and ultimately exists in Twilight as he believed that Light and Darkness need to be balanced if I understand correctly. This could on a subconscious level connect to Player's experience in the Keyblade war and Young Xehanort like Player was willing to sacrifice himself to Darkness to achieve his goal (aside from Player's death they also let themselves be mentored by Hades in OC). 
I wish we had learned the reason Player declined to become a Dandelion but could it be because they as well believed in balance rather than Light prevailing? 
Player could also have helped the union leaders plus Elrena successfully time travel from the crumbling Daybreak Town because Xehanort through Player's heart could have been the one with memories of them. 

I figured Player had to die because it was just logical as a custom character can't reoccur, at least not in this franchise and it fits with the tons of Player names that make up the fallen wielders who help Sora in the Keyblade Graveyard in KHIII but I did not see this coming.  

- There appeared to be two different outcomes of Brain's escape from Daybreak Town's fall. One in which he becomes Luxu's first vessel and one in which he ends up in the quite distant future of Daybreak Town after it's resurrected and re-evolved as Scala ad Caelum where Ephemer is renowned as a historical figure (as it's founder and the first Keyblade wielder/master of the new world). 
Although the latter does track with Xehanort inheriting the NoName, he doesn't act like Luxu as he fondly calls Ephemer a good friend.
So I'm not sure what the deal is there. 

- In Player's final moments we see the Chirithys of all the Dandelions that remained trapped in the data Daybreak Town transform into spirits/dream eaters as they fall asleep and Player's disappears because they chose to die and reincarnate. How then did Ventus' Chirithy end up in The Final World and what happened to the others' Chirithys? 

- I find it curious that Skuld's destination is the only one we didn't see. I am now on board with the popular theory that she is Lea and Isa's mysterious missing friend whom Ansam SOD experimented on. This could explain how he had the ark he sent Kairi to Destiny Islands in and learned time travel. Most of them were somehow not in their pods when they landed but isn't that because Brain called them back for Ephemer, Skuld and Player? This would explain how Ephemer was still in his which means Skuld would have been as well. 

FYI No Dark Road spoilers please. I know nothing of that story as it's not on the offline app right now. Is it still online?

1 hour ago, Ventus_ said:

I'm inclined to believe this since Player's Chirithy doesn't change (remember as spirits connected to wielders' hearts, one will reflect when their wielder falls to Darkness) and Player does vow that they'd submit to Darkness for their friends but for what reason was this necessary? Ephemer didn't destroy the Darknesses and there were multiple others that were trapped with Player without having needed to assume forms. 
Even if the Darknesses did need forms to be banished Player only covered one of what was it 4?

I think the darknesses could only be destroyed while in possession of someone, but even in their formless state they could be trapped. So Ephemer sends the 4 darknesses and player into a' portal cable' between data worlds  and then Player seals the exit to it so the darknesses are trapped there, unable to harm anyone (for now at least). And yeah, Player's possession was definitely a ruse. The darkness they encountered before is inside Ventus. 

In Player's final moments we see the Chirithys of all the Dandelions that remained trapped in the data Daybreak Town transform into spirits/dream eaters as they fall asleep and Player's disappears because they chose to die and reincarnate. How then did Ventus' Chirithy end up in The Final World and what happened to the others' Chirithys? 

Well Ventus didn't die so Chrithy didn't disappear or change form but it is still a dream eater and I think this is why it could reach the Final World as 'the edges of sleep and death touch'. As for the others' Chirithys, some of the wielders seem to have expired and Lauriam and Elrena lost their hearts to darkness so perhaps they disappeared.

FYI No Dark Road spoilers please. I know nothing of that story as it's not on the offline app right now. Is it still online?

No, the game released a few chapters of its story before both UX and DR were taken offline with DR's story far from finished. The offline app is supposed to get an update with a playable version of Dark Road which features the whole story. The update is now supposed to launch this Winter (so sometime between now and March 20th) but we haven't heard anything about it so I wouldn't rule out another delay or even the project being cancelled.

2 hours ago, Ventus_ said:

Are we supposed to get from the vague flashes that Player, WE reincarnate as Xehanort?! That WE are the villain who abused Ventus, manipulated Terra, killed Kairi and nearly destroyed Sora's world among other things? That's some insane mindfiretruckery right there. 
There is a certain brilliance to the concept that we essentially defeat ourselves since we play as Sora in Xehanort's main story and he's a pretty awesome villain. 

id call it callous and slightly horrific 

7 hours ago, Cloaked schemer said:

I think the darknesses could only be destroyed while in possession of someone, but even in their formless state they could be trapped. So Ephemer sends the 4 darknesses and player into a' portal cable' between data worlds  and then Player seals the exit to it so the darknesses are trapped there, unable to harm anyone (for now at least). And yeah, Player's possession was definitely a ruse. The darkness they encountered before is inside Ventus. 

Ah I missed that Player sealed the portal cable from the inside, now that makes sense. 

Well Ventus didn't die so Chrithy didn't disappear or change form but it is still a dream eater and I think this is why it could reach the Final World as 'the edges of sleep and death touch'. As for the others' Chirithys, some of the wielders seem to have expired and Lauriam and Elrena lost their hearts to darkness so perhaps they disappeared.

True. I'm guessing Ven's Chirithy must have crossed over to the Final World when Vanitas was ripped from his heart since that placed him in an in between state in which half his heart was destroyed but he still lived. 

As for Laurium and Elrena, it is established that one's heart must be separated from their bodies to time travel. Perhaps that's even how they became nobodies since they were missing a medium and a vessel. 
Not sure how Ven would have dodged that however, perhaps somehow his heart was protected because it was asleep?

No, the game released a few chapters of its story before both UX and DR were taken offline with DR's story far from finished. The offline app is supposed to get an update with a playable version of Dark Road which features the whole story. The update is now supposed to launch this Winter (so sometime between now and March 20th) but we haven't heard anything about it so I wouldn't rule out another delay or even the project being cancelled.

Alright, good to know. Whereas UX has been around for a few years, I thought it seemed strange that DR is offline when it's fairly new. 

7 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

id call it callous and slightly horrific 

Yeah that as well. He's definitely one of those 'If-I-could-go-back-in-time-I'd-smother-him-in-his-crib' kind of villains that I don't feel great about Player becoming. It kind of shits on Player's nobel and heartfelt ending.