Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

The Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix Secret Ending Still Gives Me Goosebumps To This Day!

Hey, everyone, how's it going!? Happy New Year! :D

It's been more than a hot minute since I was last on here, so I decided to log in to see how things have been! Of course, keeping updated with the Kingdom Hearts news, though things have been quiet as of late! But with the Anniversary steadily approaching, we're sure to be in for a flood of news soon!

Anyways, I was listening to some tracks from the series, and then Fate Of The Unknown came up, which is one of my favorite compositions of the franchise! (Seriously, Yoko did something special with this one!) And with that, I felt nostalgic and pulled up the secret ending for Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejYttnAXfEY&ab_channel=TheRoxasXIIIK

It's crazy that this is from so long ago yet it still holds up so amazingly well! Remember when we all thought that this was Kingdom Hearts III? When we were all confused as to why Roxas was with two other strangers? So many thoughts and questions rolled in my mind back in the day, and honestly, this still gives me goosebumps every time I watch it! I love how dark it is and that this was basically the endgame for Birth By Sleep years before it released! Birth By Sleep is one of my favorite entries in the franchise, so every time I look at this secret ending, I smile at all the foreshadowing and just the awesome buildup and mystery this brought us during our wait for Kingdom Hearts III! Ah, memories! <3

What did you all think when you saw this secret ending for the very first time? :D

If I remember right, I hadn't even gotten close to reaching the secret ending of the original PS2 version of the original KH2 so I found it on youtube and then found there was an extra ending I wasn't aware of and was absolutely AMASED at what I was seeing! The music! The graphics! It was so incredible! Keyblade-wielding knights wearing awesome capes! How magic looked in those graphics was amazing! I couldn't BELIEVE that it was possible for a Keyblade to break in half like Ven's did, but there it was! (I was kinda disappointed that little detail wasn't kept in the final product of BbS, but it was neat to see it come back through Riku's Way to the Dawn in KH3)

I still go back from time to time to watch it and can't wait for the day we can get a KH game done completely in those same graphics! We're getting closer as seen in KH3/KH3 Remind! Only a matter of time now! 😁

Edited by Keyblade101

it truly is a brilliant secret ending and there won't ever be anything else like it in this day and age unfortunately. it's all about dialogue heavy secret endings or epilogues. this and the secret ending of kh1 is what I plan to use for a short film story someday. the basis surrounding it anyway I mean.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:02 PM, Keyblade101 said:

If I remember right, I hadn't even gotten close to reaching the secret ending of the original PS2 version of the original KH2 so I found it on youtube and then found there was an extra ending I wasn't aware of and was absolutely AMASED at what I was seeing! The music! The graphics! It was so incredible! Keyblade-wielding knights wearing awesome capes! How magic looked in those graphics was amazing! I couldn't BELIEVE that it was possible for a Keyblade to break in half like Ven's did, but there it was! (I was kinda disappointed that little detail wasn't kept in the final product of BbS, but it was neat to see it come back through Riku's Way to the Dawn in KH3)

I still go back from time to time to watch it and can't wait for the day we can get a KH game done completely in those same graphics! We're getting closer as seen in KH3/KH3 Remind! Only a matter of time now! 😁

Yesss, everything about this secret ending, from the presentation to the execution and the overall mystery had me intrigued, and to this day remains one of the best secret endings of the franchise! You know, it's funny, because I remember vividly watching this play out years upon years ago! It might have been when KHII had released, or maybe a year or two later...but anyway, the point is I remember watching this secret ending play out while a song from Utada Hikaru was playing in the background! The only lyric I remember from the song was something along the lines of "my soldier" but whenever I look it up online, no such song exists! So perhaps this was a fan that had put a song by someone who sounded like Utada and put the song over the trailer's audio? I dunno. XD

But anyways, yes, I agree, soon we shall get a game like this with the way graphics keep modernizing!

On 1/27/2022 at 6:00 PM, RugratsNappiesFanatic said:

it truly is a brilliant secret ending and there won't ever be anything else like it in this day and age unfortunately. it's all about dialogue heavy secret endings or epilogues. this and the secret ending of kh1 is what I plan to use for a short film story someday. the basis surrounding it anyway I mean.

This is true! And while I do love the dialogue heavy ones, there's just something about these ones that guide you along with just the music and whatever's being portrayed on screen without the need for spoken words! And that's cool! I hope you are able to make your short film story come to fruition!

On 1/28/2022 at 6:21 AM, ocean's rage said:

is that real or fake?

Like...is any of this for real, or not? XD

6 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Yesss, everything about this secret ending, from the presentation to the execution and the overall mystery had me intrigued, and to this day remains one of the best secret endings of the franchise! You know, it's funny, because I remember vividly watching this play out years upon years ago! It might have been when KHII had released, or maybe a year or two later...but anyway, the point is I remember watching this secret ending play out while a song from Utada Hikaru was playing in the background! The only lyric I remember from the song was something along the lines of "my soldier" but whenever I look it up online, no such song exists! So perhaps this was a fan that had put a song by someone who sounded like Utada and put the song over the trailer's audio? I dunno. XD

But anyways, yes, I agree, soon we shall get a game like this with the way graphics keep modernizing!

Oh definitely one of the best secret endings! 😁

Not sure I've heard "my soldier" in any of the few Utada Hikaru song but neat story! I'll have to see if I can find it myself! 😊