Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link Chat

11 hours ago, Snakeskin94_1642611873 said:

Well as I said, it depends on the person

Like you know Report of The Week guy? That dude dresses all fancy schmancy and you can tell he takes it seriously lol- Some people do.

It varies from person to person

nope i don't know them

10 hours ago, hawk222_1550644792 said:

i'm glad i don't define maturity the way you do. it sounds awfully boring

it is boring so stick with immaturity it's way better

Dang y'all need to walk smh

It can but you need to gps spoof effectively to emulate normal movement. Potentially they may not have good systems for catching that spoofing so it may be easier to do then Go. Niantic was always playing cat and mouse with it until I think they just kinda gave up. Also why I stopped playing a lot, gym system was so frustrating with it being the only way to get currency when you're fighting spoofers every 2 minutes you take a location.

Hoping the move PVE inclined design of ML will be more legit player friendly.

Sounds like something I would play during spring/summer to either kill time or get my daily cardio in

Hell probably fall even if the weather is decent

A version I could play on my Apple Watch would be ideal!

Hoping they eventually add support for Google fit and apple equivalent like Pokemon go so can just keep the watch activity instead of needing the app open.

Also that doesn't bother me, as long as cheaters don't stop me from getting the currency/benefits like they do in Go. Niantic had a free lunch with Pokemon IP and they absolutely scrubbed it.

On 1/18/2023 at 1:50 PM, Noleen#7811 said:

Emulator

But if its like pokemon go thats not going to work

Pokemon GO GPS Spoofing and such worked really well on Nox Player from what I remember. This was really early on though so I guess it got patched out overtime.

I wonder if the entire game can be played in Horizontal orientation. It'd be cool to use a portable android device like a Retroid Pocket to play the game. But it would be a bit jarring having to switch to Vertical orientation for the overworld as it's basically built like a Switch Lite

Yeah, like Neo said you can spoof fine but it just depends on how closely square will monitor/ban players for doing so. A lot of spoofing is easy to tell (impossible distances in short periods, unnatural movement (different then GPS inaccuracies), and static movement gaps (same distance repeatedly) are all things that are easy to spot. It's just how hard they want to enforce it to "make" people walk.

Since AP from my understanding is linked to movement and you can potentially buy? AP they may be incentivzed to really be harsh on the potential exploit game.

But from what I've heard of khux cheaters weren't exactly rare.

Yeah I could see them cracking down on that to not lose out on profits. Because like you said, AP is linked to movement. If you don't want to take the free walking option, they leave you with the only other legitimate means being buying AP.

I would rather use an emulator for the fact that this game seems to put a lot of strain on the phone's battery. Not so much for a competitive edge. If it's still like this when we get an official launch and emulators are blocked I'd probably just end up experiencing the story through YouTube. I did that with the latter half of KHUx and the entirety of KHDR. Still had a satisfying experience that way.

Just like for Go, I will probably be walking around with a battery pack when possible. A long cable, slim pack, and a pocket really isn't too bad.

But agree that this will chew through power unless you are leaving it in the GPS mode.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:51 PM, ArcticMiner said:

So far i really like the keyblade designs of missing link. They are a bit different that the usual disney themed ones

Yeah I like them too. The keyblades original to KH or other Square Enix properties are some of my favorites. I love the disney ones too though, so hopefully we get a good mix of original and disney keyblades.

On 1/19/2023 at 2:43 PM, Seac said:

Just like for Go, I will probably be walking around with a battery pack when possible. A long cable, slim pack, and a pocket really isn't too bad.

But agree that this will chew through power unless you are leaving it in the GPS mode.

I was lucky enough to have a Poke Stop in range of my house and a lot on Campus when I was in college and where I work now. So I was pretty much always on a wall outlet when playing these games and on a constant supply of items. Hopefully KH Missing Link has something similar to Poke Stops because that'd incentivize me to play on my phone as opposed to an emulator xD

29 minutes ago, hawk222_1550644792 said:

does anyone know if the new key art has been released as a mobile wallpaper yet?

This is the only one I've come across so far

ML_Wallpaper.jpeg

31 minutes ago, hawk222_1550644792 said:

does anyone know if the new key art has been released as a mobile wallpaper yet?

Here's the other one with a more generous crop for iPhones. 

Taken from @Kimpchuu on Twitter. Who I didn't realize was a lead graphics artist for KH13 so I'm even more glad I went back to check and properly give credit xD

ML_Wallpaper2.jpeg

Man I wish I had a home stop like that, my closest was a 12 minute walk. I couldn't tell from the early gameplay/info yet but it doesn't seem like ML has static points of interaction as an equivalent. However, I won't lie I'm against that unless it's something like a "home" you can set for just personal usage.

I actually just joined this discord only for ML, I collect KH TCG but really I'm just all about walking games. I was ticked when dragon quest walk never went global.