Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

When do you think Kingdom Hearts IV will be released?

94 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Kingdom Hearts IV will be released?

• Beyond 2026

At the absolute EARLIEST I'd say 2025, but much more likely 2026. Let's put this into perspective. KH3 took about 6 years. They lost a year due to an engine change. They also probably lost a year due to the team's inexperience with console titles. So let's say in normal conditions it would take 4 years. If we assume they have a year of development in place. It would take 3 more years. Meaning 2025. However there are 2 big caveats to that. First, there will be an engine switch from Unreal 4 to Unreal 5. This is nowhere near as expansive as switching from Luminous to Unreal 4, but it is still something that will take time to get used to. Also, I said presuming the game had been in development for a full year...but is that the case? We saw quadratum, and they have said there is another world in development (100% star wars...that was endor in the trailer). That's only 2 worlds not yet complete. Not to mention, the combat in the trailer was pretty clearly pre-scripted. So earliest 2025, much more likely 2026.

I reckon early 2025 at the earliest. Let's face it, it's likely to get delayed because Square Enix are the kind of company that take their time to make sure they get it right at launch as much as possible and this'll be a big new game using big new technology. I wouldn't project it being any earlier than that.

But 10 quid says we get at least one more smaller game release in the meantime, in addition to Dark Road and Missing Link.

I said 2023 because I want to believe :'( If they started development in 2019, then I think 2023 is possible. I hope they've been working on it for at least a couple of years.

At the least I would say Mid 2023 or late 2023 because I feel really optimistic and I don’t want to wait like 6 years for a new kh game also I hope when the anniversary video comes out I hope they have a console side game in the Works

I REALLY hope we don't have to wait another 7 years for this game but considering that a lot of the gameplay shown seems to be a mockup due to how smooth it is and how Square loves to announce projects way too soon and makes us wait forever for them *cough* KH3, FF7 Remake, FFXV, FFXVI *Cough*  I'm fairly certain history is going to repeat itself. But I could be wrong considering some cutscenes are already done and it seems like things have gone further along in comparison to Kingdom Hearts 3s reveal trailer.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:49 PM, Dagesh Lene said:

This contains spoilers for the ending of Melody of Memory.

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Melody of Memory is out now, and we now know the setup for what is to come. Riku has gone to Quadratum on his own to save Sora. Donald and Goofy are going to tell everyone else to stop their searches for Sora. Kairi is going to finish her training under Aqua, and King Mickey is going to Scala ad Caelum to learn more about the ancient Keyblade Masters. I think that this is a lot of exciting setup, including the setup for Kairi to train under Aqua. However, I can understand how not everyone sees it that way. It seems like Kairi is getting the short end of the stick again.

Despite the fact that Kairi is probably one of the most poorly handled characters in the Kingdom Hearts series, I still defend her. To me, issues with her only start to appear in Kingdom Hearts III, but even then, the only thing that I really took issue with was that she was captured by Xemnas way too easily. She didn't even put up a fight. However, Re:Mind addressed the criticism of how Kairi was handled by showing her fight in cutscenes and by letting you play as her in the final boss fight. It looked like they learned their lesson and that Kairi would have a bigger role going forward. So, I will agree that it is a bit confusing that they are having Kairi train more instead of going to Quadratum with Riku.

Even though I don't think this was the best decision, I still think that there is reason to be excited that Kairi is getting trained under Aqua. Aqua is a fan favorite character and one of the most powerful Keyblade wielders that exists right now. The fact that they are having Kairi finish her training under Aqua leads me to think that they do still have plans for Kairi. Yes, it may appear that she is just being tossed aside again, but unless they plan to do nothing with the Wayfinder Trio either, then I think we will still get to see more of Kairi and that she will soon get her big moment in the sun that will (hopefully) make everyone happy.

That being said, I do think that Kairi could have been handled a bit better in this game when it came to the final boss fight. While it was cool to get to see Kairi fight Master Xehanort in a cutscene, I thought it was a bad decision on their part to have you play the final boss fight as Sora. I honestly didn't mind that much, but I thought it would have been better if you played the boss fight as Kairi, and Sora coming to rescue was just a cutscene. Another possibility could have been if the final boss was two phases, the first as Kairi and the second as Sora.

So, long story short, I think that there is reason to be excited to see Kairi get trained under Aqua, but I think that this is their last chance. If they continue to handle Kairi poorly after her training with Aqua, then I will finally give up hope, but I don't think that will happen. I think they have a plan for her, so let's all wait to see what it is.

13 hours ago, Power Jusho said:

12 hours ago, Ray Muñoz said:

At the absolute EARLIEST I'd say 2025, but much more likely 2026. Let's put this into perspective. KH3 took about 6 years. They lost a year due to an engine change. They also probably lost a year due to the team's inexperience with console titles. So let's say in normal conditions it would take 4 years. If we assume they have a year of development in place. It would take 3 more years. Meaning 2025. However there are 2 big caveats to that. First, there will be an engine switch from Unreal 4 to Unreal 5. This is nowhere near as expansive as switching from Luminous to Unreal 4, but it is still something that will take time to get used to. Also, I said presuming the game had been in development for a full year...but is that the case? We saw quadratum, and they have said there is another world in development (100% star wars...that was endor in the trailer). That's only 2 worlds not yet complete. Not to mention, the combat in the trailer was pretty clearly pre-scripted. So earliest 2025, much more likely 2026.

9 hours ago, Focus said:

I said 2023 because I want to believe :'( If they started development in 2019, then I think 2023 is possible. I hope they've been working on it for at least a couple of years.

7 hours ago, Movies798 said:

I don't think Kingdom Hearts 4 will be release in 2023, in my opinion. I believe Kingdom Hearts 4 will be release in 2024.

I hope that "Kingdom Hearts 4" are coming in 2024 to the game consoles and the beginning of a new story arc, "Lost Master arc", since E3 2022 event had been cancelled on this year, because of COVID-19 pandemic!!!

Now, I can't wait for see more details about Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary celebration, a sneak preview of the upcoming games, the last chapter of "Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road" in the updates, "Kingdom Hearts: Missing-Link" and "Kingdom Hearts 4"!!! And that must be work in progress for a new game, "Kingdom Hearts 4" and "Kingdom Hearts: Missing-Link", which take place after "Kingdom Hearts: Union x(cross)" and before "Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road", which was going back in time!!

And also, the legendary Kingdom Hearts characters are finally coming to Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration, "The World's Most Magical Celebration", because Sora, Riku, Kairi, Lea, Roxas, Xion, Terra, Ventus and Aqua are looking everywhere for King Mickey and his friends and all characters in the alternate dimensions as "EARTH"!! And because of Disney announcements, I've attended on D23 Expo 2022 event on this September!!! Because I want to see every Disney movies, games, TV Shows, shorts, specials, documentaries, books and music, along with more details about Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary event, EPCOT's transformation, Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration and The Walt Disney Company's 100th anniversary celebration!!!

LET'S GO AND SEE THEM ALL, AGAIN!!!

I realistically see Kingdom Hearts IV coming out around mid-late 2024, considering if the game presumably had started development around early 2020 following KH3 ReMind, Nomura is not juggling with many different projects at Square Enix, the transition from Unreal Engine 4 to the Unreal Engine 5 and the development time for a big major game takes around 3-5 years to be developed.

On 4/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, Ray Muñoz said:

Let's put this into perspective. KH3 took about 6 years. They lost a year due to an engine change. They also probably lost a year due to the team's inexperience with console titles.

Technically KH3 started development in early 2013 under the Luminous engine up until development ended in October 2014 when it switched to the Unreal Engine 4 in the same month and from October 2014 the game restarted development under the new engine and ended development in November of 2018 where it had a 4 year development under the Unreal Engine 4.

With the 25th anniversary being in 2027 I'm honestly expecting them to capitalize on it. Either by taking advantage of the anniversary month itself for the release or releasing it during the 2026 Christmas/Winter Holidays season so that the first six months of people playing the game will coincide with the 25th anniversary and they can try to boost the sales with anniversary events tied to KH4's release. It feels like too much of a golden opportunity for them not to aim to release it between December 2026 and March 2027 is all I'm saying. Before that with FFXVI being another big project on the table my guess is that's the big title we could expect for 2023-2025. Along with FF7R Part 2. I actually wanted to vote for 2026 but since that wasn't an option of its own I had to choose Beyond 2026.

Edited by FadedSparkle

It's hard to say for sure. We know via answers that were given at the 20th anniversary event that what we have was only released to avoid it being leaked and that more information will be released way after E3. That could mean that it will still be quite a few years before the game is released. However, this first trailer looks like they are much further along than when they first announced Kingdom Hearts III. In addition, it sounds like they have a lot of stuff planned out already (at least for the early game). So, I think it is possible for KH4 to be released in 2024, possibly early 2025.

2023 is almost at its end. All of the hopes for KH4 coming out this year or in 2024 seem like they should've gone to hoping KH: Missing Link releases anytime soon. I still think they'll try to capitalize on the 25th anniversary for KH4. If we don't get any updates on the status of KH4 by this time next year though, the jokes some people make about having to wait until the 2030s for KH4 to come out will start feeling like a much more real possibility. And that is a big "yikes forever" scenario as Little Misfortune from the game of the same name would put it.