Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TrinityXaos#

My Wishlist for Kingdom Hearts IV

Now that Kingdom Hearts IV has been announced, people are already discussing what they would like in this new title. Some of GameInformer's staff, for example, has already published their wishes in an article: https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/04/11/what-we-want-in-kingdom-hearts-4. Now I will discuss what I would like from Kingdom Hearts IV, from the developmental side to the game itself.
Development Team
  • Nomura should have a writing team to help him build the story and cast.
  • Let guest artists contribute to the character designs.
  • One possible candidate, for me, would be Kimihiko Fujisaka.
  • Tetsuya Nomura and the development team should allow critiques on the story and game from other developers like Naoki Yoshida, Yoko Taro, and Final Fantasy creator Hirobu Sakaguchi.
  • Editing allows the scenes and dialogue to flow naturally.
The Game, Itself:
  • The pre-rendered cutscenes should be on par with Final Fantasy XIV's trailers in terms of visuals and story usage.
  • Please don't let Sora be the only playable character, let other characters shine like Riku and Kairi.
  • Multiple costumes like in Final Fantasy XV and Dissidia.
  • The story is deep and makes full usage of its original and Final Fantasy cast, something Kingdom Hearts III had an issue with.
  • Yozora makes occasional appearances throughout the game to give hints to who he really is before Verum Rex.
  • Maybe let him be a temporary playable character.
  • The overall tone should be dark, given the initial trailer's main focus was on Sora's time in Quadratum.
  • Yet have occasional light moments, such as Donald and Goofy's visit to Hades, to balance the content.
  • The Heartless and other enemies have more monstrous designs, like the Darkside in the trailer.
  • The minor NPCs, like in Quadratum, have more diverse designs than what we were shown, which include costumes, hair, and faces.
  • More Square Enix characters than what we have had in the previous games.
  • Especially Final Fantasy XV's Noctis Lucis Caelum; let Nomura write Noctis into the game.
  • For Worlds, I do not want anything franchises that Disney bought like Star Wars or Marvel.
  • Just keep to the animated films, original live-action films, Pixar films, and Square Enix worlds.

I love the idea of playing as Yozora sometimes. He's a pretty awesome character. I also like the idea of this entry having a darker tone, as Sora has done a lot of growing up and it would be nice to see the game grow with him.

I also completely agree that they should keep the properties used to just original Disney rather than purchased properties. Unfortunately, there's a theory that Star Wars will be appearing in this entry, and unfortunately the evidence is pretty hard to refute right now. In the announcement trailer, you can make out what appears to be an AT-ST foot in the forest section, indicating that the forest in question is actually the Forest Moon of Endor from Return of the Jedi. I'm really hoping this turns out to be untrue, but at this point I could see it happening.

12 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

and alienate all the younger fans at the same time and any potential new young fans

fair point but I mean donald, goofy and all the other disney stuff is still around

the new stuff dosent have to replace the other just be a part of it

OI want Nomura to be totally free and not feel tied down to anything. I loved the Dark Seeker Saga and I was happy with what we got in terms of lore, but now is a fresh start. In terms of a darker game, the stakes need to be there. My biggest gripe was that you didn’t fear for the main vast, yes bad things happened, but there was an assumption it would be sorted out. We need a valid reason to fear the antagonists. In terms of worlds, no issue with Star Wars or marvel done well. As long as they are fun, that’s what matters. I never enjoyed Beauty and the Beast as a film, sure did enjoy Beast’s Castle for an example.

I don't really get why people wouldn't want Marvel or Star Wars in KH.
I think it would make for some awesome character interactions.

34 minutes ago, Vexen said:

I don't really get why people wouldn't want Marvel or Star Wars in KH.
I think it would make for some awesome character interactions.

perhaps theyre just tired of star wars and marvel taking up all the disney crossovers

or maybe they think disney has many better properties to use

or could be that they dont want the dev team to spend large amounts of the budget getting permission to use peoples faces

some people dont like star wars and its as simple as that