Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

https://www.creativebloq.com/news/kingdom-hearts-4

So many people are bashing it! Why!? This has been a dream of mine to see KH in these types of graphics! 

Also, I doubt it's permanent. Sora's look changes to fit whatever world he's in. In the trailer, he's in the "real world", so it makes sense he looks like that. People complain about everything, I swear. I feel bad for Nomura because he was probably so excited to put this trailer out thinking fans seeing Sora like this would excite them, and they're bashing him and his storyline again. It just annoys me. I love Sora's look, and I'm excited for this new adventure/story! These bashing articles are ridiculous. 

As long as Sora goes back to his classic self once he returns his own worl, I have no problem with this change. I mean, he really looks great, but too "real" in my honest opinion.   

What bothers the most, however, is the fact that he looks TOO much like Yozora right now. Don't tell me you haven't noticed how much Sora looks like Yozora with this look. 

1 minute ago, Ursalink said:

As long as Sora goes back to his classic self once he returns his own worl, I have no problem with this change. I mean, he really looks great, but too "real" in my honest opinion.   

What bothers the most, however, is the fact that he looks TOO much like Yozora right now. Don't tell me you haven't noticed how much Sora looks like Yozora with this look. 

Well, Nomura does tend to have a certain "look" he goes for with his characters lol. I see both Sora and Riku likeness in Yozora. I think Yozora is the MoM.

Sora's new look will not be permanent. Any fans should already know that in the Kingdom Hearts Universe some Disney worlds have Sora, Donald, and Goofy to change their appearances in order to not meddle with the world's rules. Plus, it was in order to fit in with the world's residents who live there. Sora's new look in the Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer makes sense because he's in "Quadratum." A world that's not in the Realm of Light or Realm of Darkness or the Realm of in Between or the Realm of Sleep. Quadratum is a world where it's outside in another universe, a Realm of Fiction or Unreality. Sora is basically like in the after life after sacrificing himself to save Kairi's heart after abusing the Power of Waking in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm very sure Sora is going to change back into his original KH cartoonish self when they save him.

9 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

Exactly he will change back and fourth anyway plus if there is a PC version people can use a Mod if they need him to look different that badly

So true lol

I don't hate it, but it was certainly a bit jarring the first watch of the teaser trailer. Having had a bit to mull it over I actually like a few things about it. The fact that Sora's babyface features have been amplified for this version is nice and adds a whole new level of cute to him. I also like the way the hair was done. I look forward to seeing what he and other familiar characters will look like once KH4 actually releases (which I'm kind of expecting to happen for the 25th anniversary (2027) or the Christmas/Winter Holidays season the year prior).

I’m not completely on board with it yet but that’s more of me just getting used to this new style. I do think it’s a bit silly to hate or bash it though, this was just the first trailer and obviously the game is in a very early stage of development right now, it’s really too soon to jump to a conclusion.

4 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

I’m not completely on board with it yet but that’s more of me just getting used to this new style. I do think it’s a bit silly to hate or bash it though, this was just the first trailer and obviously the game is in a very early stage of development right now, it’s really too soon to jump to a conclusion.

Nomura has been speaking about it. "The Kingdom Hearts director goes on to explain that Goofy and Donald are currently searching for Sora, and that the keyblade-wielding hero may appear like his old self again if he ever makes it back to his original reality." (https://kotaku.com/kingdom-hearts-4-trailer-sora-graphics-tetsuya-nomura-q-1848793366?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1649950062&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook)

I think it's fun seeing him more realistic! I never thought I'd see him like that. I was just shocked at how many people on social media hate it. 

20 hours ago, waytothexdawnx said:

Nomura has been speaking about it. "The Kingdom Hearts director goes on to explain that Goofy and Donald are currently searching for Sora, and that the keyblade-wielding hero may appear like his old self again if he ever makes it back to his original reality." (https://kotaku.com/kingdom-hearts-4-trailer-sora-graphics-tetsuya-nomura-q-1848793366?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1649950062&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook)

I think it's fun seeing him more realistic! I never thought I'd see him like that. I was just shocked at how many people on social media hate it. 

That makes a lot of sense! Also yeah I was actually surprisingly pleased to see Donald and Goofy in the style we’re all familiar with at the end of the trailer. 

The realistic aesthetic is going to take some getting used to but I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all! At the very least the trailer showed us we’ll be getting both the style we’re familiar with and the realistic style so can’t really complain. xD 

Sora's new outfit is perfect to me! I can't get enough of it, it's so cool. The flatter hair, the cuffs with open hands/palms, the more realistic take on the KH3 jacket. I'd buy the play arts kai of it instantly. If anything, I kinda want to see what it'd look like with the disney kh3 world filters as well. 

So-Good-Gif.gif

Edited by ShuichiSora

19 hours ago, ShuichiSora said:

Sora's new outfit is perfect to me! I can't get enough of it, it's so cool. The flatter hair, the cuffs with open hands/palms, the more realistic take on the KH3 jacket. I'd buy the play arts kai of it instantly. If anything, I kinda want to see what it'd look like with the disney kh3 world filters as well. 

So-Good-Gif.gif

I would totally get a PlayArts of this version, too!