Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHWaterBlock

Turns Out Kingdom Hearts IV May Be Hinting Toward Star Wars' Inclusion'

During the Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary trailer for the reveal of Kingdom Hearts IV, there are five shots of a forest reminiscent of California's Redwood National Park. What looks to be just a regular forest at first shows a small glimpse of what seems to be the foot of a vehicle from Star Wars

Seven years ago, Gamesbeat interviewed Tetsuya Nomura about the possibility of a Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts III, and after some time, Nomura was allowed to discuss the topic. Nomura went on to say that both companies (Disney Interactive and Square Enix) would have to contact both Disney and Lucasfilm to request permission to use any of the characters and locations. While it seemed impossible at the time, it appears that a deal might have indeed been agreed upon with this small tease.

The second shot of the forest clips shows a small set of three waterfalls. While these waterfalls were not featured in Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, they are featured in the video games Star Wars Battlefront (2015) and Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)

Below are some comparison shots of the recent Kingdom Hearts IV reveal trailer and Star Wars Battlefront (2015):

awdwd.thumb.jpg.5855e6ca07c8ca6dc79ce0b0c981fb47.jpg

unknown.thumb.png.84cea46841aaad28e5eb3f965d32dba3.png

While not precisely the same, they are similar enough. At this point, you're probably thinking, "Well, two separate properties ARE allowed to use the Redwood National Park's likeness, you know." And while you may be right, this following point is where things get interesting.

The third shot of the forest's clips pans up to reveal a metallic-looking object in the top right corner. Now, this blew past many heads because it blends in perfectly with the ground around it, but it's just clear enough to identify!

For those who aren't familiar with Star Wars technology, this foot belongs to the Galactic Empire's All Terrain Scout Transport, or AT-ST for short. It's a two-man, lightweight, bipedal walker used by ground forces within their military. At first, this just sounds ridiculous until you put both of them side by side. 

Below are comparisons of the metallic object in the trailer and the foot of an Imperial AT-ST from an official plastic model based on the vehicle.

awdawd.jpg.d0e6ef9c29f411bff25bffd26d6888a4.jpg

7.PNG.197cce765701427cee358278e5bd4b5e.PNG

Right away, you can tell they're the exact same. The backplate that allows the foot to bend, the half circles on either side, and the pieces that come out on either side of the foot are just about identical.

While Square Enix hasn't officially confirmed Star Wars is in Kingdom Hearts IV, by the small tease of this foot, we can tell that Tetsuya Nomura has likely gotten permission from Disney and Lucasfilm to use their property. 

Do you believe these assumptions to be true, or is it just a mountain over a molehill? Let us know in the comments!

View full article

The landscape could've been over-speculation if that's all that we were basing it off of, but with the Imperial AT-ST foot showing up in the trailer it's pretty clear and apparent they're going to go through with it.

I personally don't care much for Star Wars and wouldn't like to see it's inclusion in the KH series. But whether it is or not I'm still going to enjoy and look forward to KH4 regardless :)

As someone who has never been much of a Star Wars fan I'm not going to care one way or the other if we get one or more Star Wars world(s) or we don't. Whether I end up liking them will depend on how well they implement them.

On 4/16/2022 at 3:50 PM, ocean's rage said:

this reminds me of when i thought i saw monsters inc in a dream drop distance trailer

Part of me kind of wishes Monster's Inc. should've been utilized as a world for Dream Drop Distance, over Kingdom Hearts III as the gameplay and environment would've meshed well with the Flowmotion mechanic along with the fact I wanted a Pixar world sooner than later.

The terrain is hard to speculate about but the comparison of the 'metallic object' and the foot of an AT-ST is really on point! Hyped for the possibility of SW in KHIV.

Although I would LOVE to have Star Wars in KH, I don't see how that will happen. I mean, the Star Wars' story goes for decades from one trilogy to another. So it's not like Sora can meet the young Obi Wan Kenobi and then skip to meet his old self in the original trilogy. 

3 hours ago, Ursalink said:

Although I would LOVE to have Star Wars in KH, I don't see how that will happen. I mean, the Star Wars' story goes for decades from one trilogy to another. So it's not like Sora can meet the young Obi Wan Kenobi and then skip to meet his old self in the original trilogy. 

Yes actually he could. They've done stuff where they cover multiple points in time for a world. I.E Beast's Castle (After the events of KH1 we see what Beast and Belle are up to in their homeworld in 358/2 Days (there is a reconnaissance mission with Roxas and Xaldin in this game where Xaldin first gets the idea to turn Beast into a Heartless so the organization can recruit his Nobody) and then we get the aftermath of the events from 358/2 Days in KH2).

Then there is the absolutely blatant example of how they couldn't be bothered to care about jumping around timeline wise featured with Pirates of the Caribbean where they skip an entire film between KH2 and KH3's takes on that world. Also this is a series entrenched in time travel and world line shenanigans at this point so it wouldn't even be surprising if Sora ended up meeting both a young and old version of someone. Heck Xehanort himself says hello many times over on that front.

Edited by FadedSparkle

Second image is clear enough we are getting an "star wars world" or at least Endor is part of Quadratum.

Assuming maybe this time we get "not cartoon" Disney films what other Disney worlds you think we could get? Another Lucasfilm's as Indiana Jones?

Also could happen, that maybe we visit  "not cartoon" Worlds with Sora, and maybe "fictional worlds" with Donald & Goofy and someone else... something like Dream drop distance..

On 4/19/2022 at 1:27 AM, FadedSparkle said:

Yes actually he could. They've done stuff where they cover multiple points in time for a world. I.E Beast's Castle (After the events of KH1 we see what Beast and Belle are up to in their homeworld in 358/2 Days (there is a reconnaissance mission with Roxas and Xaldin in this game where Xaldin first gets the idea to turn Beast into a Heartless so the organization can recruit his Nobody) and then we get the aftermath of the events from 358/2 Days in KH2).

Then there is the absolutely blatant example of how they couldn't be bothered to care about jumping around timeline wise featured with Pirates of the Caribbean where they skip an entire film between KH2 and KH3's takes on that world. Also this is a series entrenched in time travel and world line shenanigans at this point so it wouldn't even be surprising if Sora ended up meeting both a young and old version of someone. Heck Xehanort himself says hello many times over on that front.

The Pirates of the Caribbean's thing is understandable. I mean, the second movie had a bad ending when the Kraken devoured Jack and the Black Pearl, taking them into Davy Jones' Locker. If Sora would have been in this movie, he would have definitely changed the movie's ending, no matter how much the rules forbids him from doing so. And after seeing Jack Sparrow perish, he wouldn't have left the world until he rescues Jack. That's the kind of character Sora is, don't you think?

Edited by Ursalink

On 4/21/2022 at 10:50 PM, Ursalink said:

The Pirates of the Caribbean's thing is understandable. I mean, the second movie had a bad ending when the Kraken devoured Jack and the Black Pearl, taking them into Davy Jones' Locker. If Sora would have been in this movie, he would have definitely changed the movie's ending, no matter how much the rules forbids him from doing so. And after seeing Jack Sparrow perish, he wouldn't have left the world until he rescues Jack. That's the kind of character Sora is, don't you think?

That's not quite accurate IMHO. Things don't exactly cap off happily in KH3's Pirates of the Caribbean world given that Will and Elizabeth are left forced to mostly be apart and Sora's definitely the type to have wanted to fix that for them somehow, but he doesn't get a chance to from the devs. IMHO if a world is meant to have a less than happy or even a tragic conclusion they're going to let it happen regardless of Sora and co being inserted into the equation.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:16 PM, FadedSparkle said:

That's not quite accurate IMHO. Things don't exactly cap off happily in KH3's Pirates of the Caribbean world given that Will and Elizabeth are left forced to mostly be apart and Sora's definitely the type to have wanted to fix that for them somehow, but he doesn't get a chance to from the devs. IMHO if a world is meant to have a less than happy or even a tragic conclusion they're going to let it happen regardless of Sora and co being inserted into the equation.

The ending of PotC 3 was definitely sad, but not as much as the one from PotC 2. As far as I see, the other two movies, IV and V could work as future adventures of Sora.