Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ocean's rage

Would the world selection affect you getting a KH game?

A curious topic I found myself wondering about recently, one of the joys for me is exploring the disney worlds but what if the selection of worlds was entirely films you didn't like? would you still get them game solely for the continuing story and just put up with the recreations of films you dont like, or would not bother and just watch the story import stuff online?

Have there been any worlds thus far based on films you don't like? did them being in KH make them easier to endure? or have you been lucky so far and had nothing but films you love?

I think in the end I would still get the game for the story. There’s definitely been worlds where I didn’t really care for the movie they were based on but if they can make it work and fit in with KH then it’s not really going to hinder my overall experience too much. 

2 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

I think in the end I would still get the game for the story. There’s definitely been worlds where I didn’t really care for the movie they were based on but if they can make it work and fit in with KH then it’s not really going to hinder my overall experience too much. 

oh i dont think wed ever need to worry about them making worlds fit, theyve ok so far

I don't think that it would affect anything. I love Kingdom Hearts for its own story, not for Disney worlds in it.

There already been films that I don't like, but it didn't bother me.

It's really not about the IPs themselves, more about how they're incorporated. The worst thing for me is them using the IPs to insult the audience's intelligence by pretending that they matter more than they do or at all to the overarching story.

I.E the whole mess of placing hearts in vessels of their choosing on the Organization's end with Toy Story (there is a wealth of attention to detail regarding the Toy Box world itself and the world's environment interacts very well with the gameplay, but aside from some meme-worthy one-liners the story is passable at best and redundant at its worst) when this is something Xehanort knew through Riku's gambit in Monstro and Pinocchio via Ansem Seeker of Darkness's possession of Riku as far back as the vanilla release of KH1.

Or Sora Donald and Goofy doing Disney Shenanigans in some worlds out of mere obligation because of how famous an IP happens to be like with Kingdom of Corona and Arendelle where they end up insulting the audience by pretending Sora has learned something revolutionary about love/hearts/bonds. 

Edited by FadedSparkle