Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Keyblade101

What would you want from a possible PS4/PS5 port of the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy?

I've been wondering about this for awhile now, since Final Fantasy X/X-2 and FF12 (both PS2 games) got their own ports to the PS4, why hasn't the FF13 trilogy (PS3 games) had a chance yet?

I own all three games from the trilogy for the PS3 and they're the only PS3 games I have and honestly the only reason I'm holding onto my PS3 right now, so I'd personally like for there to be a port of these games to the PS4, or more likely the PS5.

If there were to be a port of these games, I'd prefer for any PS4/PS5 port to have all three games to be on one disc, similar to KH 1.5+2.5 and 2.8. As far as touch ups to the graphics, that could always be a possibility to keep up with the current system's graphic displays.

As far as additions or changes, I would like the english version of Serah's theme from FF13 to be playing in FF13-2; it always felt weird to me that they had an english translation for her theme in FF13 but kept the original japanese version of it in the english version of FF13-2. I'd also like for all the dlc for the trilogy (specifically the playable episodes) to be available for the ported versions.

What would you guys like to see if there was ever a port for the FF13 trilogy to the PS4/PS5?

I agree with you that I'd like a port of this that includes the DLC on the disc. That's really the only thing I'd want! I hope the same thing happens with ports for FFXV and (eventually) KH3, too, if not for the PS5 then hopefully the next gen that inevitably happens.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:00 PM, Hexx said:

I agree with you that I'd like a port of this that includes the DLC on the disc. That's really the only thing I'd want! I hope the same thing happens with ports for FFXV and (eventually) KH3, too, if not for the PS5 then hopefully the next gen that inevitably happens.

Yes to all those games getting PS5 ports! I'd love it if the FF13 trilogy, FFXV, and KH3 ports came with their respective dlc episodes already installed so there's no need to buy them all over again, like how the complete edition of Horizon Zero Dawn is with it's dlc episode, The Frozen Wilds.

As far as a name for the ported FF13 trilogy, I'm torn between "The Lightning Collection" or just "The Lightning Saga".

Edited by Keyblade101

Yes, please, if they do port FFXIII, I hope it’s with the DLCs - but they didn’t do that with the PC port so I don’t think I’ll get my hopes up :( 

I wonder why it’s taken so long for them to port FFXIII since it’s considered “old” by now. It wasn’t that poorly received… 

13 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Yes, please, if they do port FFXIII, I hope it’s with the DLCs - but they didn’t do that with the PC port so I don’t think I’ll get my hopes up :( 

I wonder why it’s taken so long for them to port FFXIII since it’s considered “old” by now. It wasn’t that poorly received… 

Especially since FFX/X-2 and FF12 are even older and they got their own ports to PS4 years ago.

5 hours ago, Keyblade101 said:

Especially since FFX/X-2 and FF12 are even older and they got their own ports to PS4 years ago.

Exactly! And there’s still so much time between the next mainline FF release that it feels like a port would fill the gap a little bit… but SE is allergic to money, I guess. 

If a new port were to come out, I hope it’s soon. I’ve been meaning to replay the trilogy again. FFXIII needs more love from SE in general. 

13 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Exactly! And there’s still so much time between the next mainline FF release that it feels like a port would fill the gap a little bit… but SE is allergic to money, I guess. 

If a new port were to come out, I hope it’s soon. I’ve been meaning to replay the trilogy again. FFXIII needs more love from SE in general. 

Yeah, fill in the gap of waiting for the next main entry by reintroducing fans to the older ones on the newest console

i hope so too; I mean they’ve done all these collection ports for other games they’ve made; why not this one?? It just doesn’t seem fair

And yes it does need more love from SE

Edited by Keyblade101