Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
GrandMageVivi

Subject X - Can't be Skuld? Dark Road Q&A

Excerpt from the recent translated Q&A with Nomura:

Question 10: Xehanort appears with a figure who we assume to be his mother. Is that…Skuld?

Nomura: That is incorrect. However, she is related to Skuld in some way. The next title, Missing-Link, will have “bloodlines” as one of the story’s main points.

One of the leading theories for Subject X at the moment is that Skuld traveled forward in an ark as Daybreak was being destroyed. Granted, we of course don't see this happen, but we also don't see her get out and view the wreckage with Ephemer, so either is a real possibility.

This answer seems to point towards Skuld being present there with Ephemer, as Xehanort's mother is somehow "related" to Skuld. Therefore Skuld would have to have existed in that time to continue her bloodline and have someone be "related" to her. The wording of the answer is intentionally vague, so "related" could perhaps mean any number of things, but this is how I'm interpreting it, especially with the emphasis on bloodlines going forward.

If that is the case, and Skuld built Scala with Ephemer, then what candidates are left to be Subject X? Seems to me like Ava is the only character who could still fit.

I'm sure Missing-Link will provide some clarification, in due time. Perhaps we'll just have to wait and see.

4 hours ago, Ventus the Killer 😈 said:

Was thinking about this too yesterdat, but i am pretty sure subject x is Skuld.

The hypothetical conclusion i came up with yesterday is that skuld had siblings that is probably going to have seggs with ephemer.

Yeah because Nomura hasn't outright said that she is his great grandmother or whatever, just that they're "related". it seems like he still has story to tell, and has left it a bit of a mystery still.   

It could be she has a sibling. Maybe it could be a Nomura twist where her heart connected with Ephemer's at some point and his kid ended up looking similar or something like that and that's how she's "related",  not by blood. Or some weird time travel where she is both subject x and xehanort's grandmother tho I really hope not as don't think that would work. There are definitely still possibilities and she definitely fits the description of subject x best out of the current cast. 

But I could see it going either way, her being subject X or not. If she's not, Ava is probably the closest to what clues we have. We don't know her face or hair colour,  and she looks about the right age. She's also been compared to skuld a few times and she's also missing and Xigbar/Luxu seems to know why (as the last person to see subject x that makes sense).

I think its between Skuld and Ava, though I wouldn't rule out anyone in this series.

I guess Strel has a chance since she's the right age and from the right time period. But we'd have to assume:

• the black hair description in the character files is wrong
  • she had 4 friends that stuck out as a memory (or like Xehanort, she has someone else's memories). 
  • luxu sent her white coat in the pod and it somehow gave her a form in radiant garden and then before radiant garden fell Luxu sent her to quadratum(??)

Who knows lol maybe he'll even give Quadratum girl/ nameless star a backstory that fits somehow. And some people believe Strel isn't the true dandelion so maybe whoever it is is another option. I might be missing people. 

TLDR: I think Skuld and Ava are still our best options unless Missing Link reveals something 

Edited by Xiggy's Fish